• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tudor Lestrange Institute of Villainy and Henchmanship - Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lucia to Finbar Cody ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

After flopping along the floor for a few minutes, Lou heard Fin inquiring how she was doing. Realizing after a moment that she was a human at the moment, not a seal, and he was probably concerned for her health, she raised her head and responded cheerily— in Seal, because she was still in that mindset and also still kind of an idiot like always.
“‘m fine! Not dying or anything, don’t worry.” She gave a barking seal laugh, sitting up cross-legged with a grin.

Last edited:
Fenris Latour

Fenris smiled broadly at the opportunity to show of their powers.
"Haven't had too much luck with allies, got maybe three or four people I can depend on 'round here, but there's this." Their canines extended, their ears grew furry and pointed, and their nails morphed into sturdy claws that resembled a polar bear's in sharpness. "Of course, this is just a half morph; It gets even better on a full moon."

Finbar Cody

Relieved to see that Lou-Lou had gotten up just fine, he smiled, but was soon confused by her response. Jen had tried to teach him a bit of Seal, but he never could wrap his head around it.
"Pardon?"

X
Interactions: StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Immediately X was intrigued. He walked around Fenris, looking at every individual change. Satisfied, he stepped backwards. “Interesting, we’ll, I would suggest that you contact those people. I don’t imagine any of them have access to holy sigils? Furthermore, on your lycanthropy, is it viral? As in does it spread through bite? And does it apply to every bite?

Lou-Lou further realized that ae’d been speaking in Seal, and thwacked herself in the head with a hand.
“Sorry! Thought I was a seal,” she laughed, before repeating herself in English. “Don’t worry ‘bout me, I’m fine! Just goin’ to nab a snack from the kitchens— hopefully without the cooks seein’ me. Or they’ll toss me in the freezer again.” She pouted at that thought for a moment, grumbling, before perking up. “Oh, d’you wanna come too?”

Fenris Latour

Fenris gave a bit of a laugh at X's terminology.
"Well 'viral' is a harsh word for the moon's blessing. Yes, it does spread by bite, but only on a full moon. Say, does this mean you're interested in converting?" Fenris morphed back to their usual appearance, still smiling and perhaps smiling a bit harder than before.

Finbar Cody

He gave a nod, which looked a bit strange with his head being held in his hands. He wondered if thon was joking about the part about getting put in the freezer, but decided he wouldn't put it past any staff member of a school such as this.
"I sure would! I'm nearly gut-foundered. Just hope they don't throw me in the freezer with ya if it comes to that."

Artem Malkov to Persephone Skinner ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

Artem bounced their suspension a little, happy about the newfound help. But as they noticed, their accent was even stronger now. "I Is Thankful, Comrade Skinner. Is First year here, can't wait for new things to be learnt here-" They were then interrupted by a rumbling that shook the building, and a muffled roar from outside. "I don't think that sounds good.. Should see source of noise first?"

Gunther Die Stille (Interactions Open to staff characters)

Getting out from that mattress of flowers and unusual flora, Gunther dusted himself off and continued making course to the library. But as he got closer, an eerie feeling was dwelling in his gut.

He arrived, and the feeling was getting worse.. The sounds of the water dripping in the fountain did little to help as he looked to the shelves, fidgeting his hands as he approached them.

He scanned through, nothing bad so far.. wait…

He saw it. It sat there, the dark gap taunting him right then and there.. a gap between two other books.. He frantically looked through his checkout records and froze as the realization dawned on hin.

Someone. Stole. A. Book.

Bolting over to his desk, he ripped a drawer open and took out a button. He remembered that the principal said to press it to signal a random staff member to help him with anything.

The force he put into slamming a fist into it would’ve cracked the desk if it were made of wood.

X

“You say moons blessing, I say a means to an end. Regardless of my terminology, yes I would be willing to convert. And…” he looked around, “We best move to your associates quickly

Fenris Latour

Fenris's stomach growled, distracting them from the idea that X might not take Lycanthopism seriously, and hinting at where their associates would likely be.
"Well, I haven't gotten 'round to finding out where any of them room, but I'll bet Juana, London, and Mitch are in the cafeteria already. Knott's probably there too, but I doubt I know where they'd be sitting. We're technically supposed to be rivals, it was something we came up with to bring in new recruits, but I think they kind of dropped that last year." Fenris became uncomfortable at the thought of Knott's abandonment of their adjoined recruiting strategy, recalling Knott's mental breakdown and demotion to expendable. They didn't want to admit it, but they did feel bad for Knott, and wondered if it would even be a good idea to involve them.

Persephone Skinner

"Oh my!" She exclaimed at the banging noise. She nodded when Artem suggested finding the noise's source. "That sounds like it came from the library. I hope Gont's not in any kind of trouble."

Dr. Dee Pennhurst

She had been surveying the damage to her classroom and it's contents, seething that some of the rats were soaked and not others. In fact, one had even escaped somehow. Without consistent material, there could be no consistent data. She'd have to order more, for certain. Then, the buzzer went off, indicating that Gunther was in some type of distress. She ran down the hall without even putting down the escaped rat which she had just caught, her lab coat flapping behind her.

X
X stroked his chin momentarily. “Although a risky assumption- I believe Artem has likely moved from his former position. Regardless, we need to be careful re-entering” an idea took hold in his mind, prompting him to ask Fenris a rather strange question. “Tell me, do you have a strong grip?

Gunther Die Stille (Interactions open)

Gunther was pacing around his desk, trying to process the situation and respond accordingly. That specific book was a very rare one, one that Gunther used a hefty portion of his pay (Which was almost $430 worth of tips saved up from many of the students in his first year working, due to the fact that he was pretty much the nicest staff there.) to get his hands on.. And now that someone among the large cast of people here.. He wasn't sure if it could be found.. He stopped and put his head on the desk, tired from all this thinking...

*Crash!*

The sound of glass breaking set off alarms in Gunther's head. Jolting up and running to where the sound occurred, he froze and looked at the mortifying display before him.

The remains of a pedestal stood there, along with shards of a glass casing.. On top of it was what looked to be scorch marks and molten metal.. Must've been what caused it.. But that wasn't what he was horrified about, what really made him freeze was the absence of the Monitor-Sized encyclopedia that once stood there. Why was it important? It was an Encyclopedia that held records of every species that has existed ever since powers emerged.. The key feature is that it always updated itself so it never needed any rewrites.

And it was gone... His most prized book was stolen now.. and he was too invested in that thought that he didn't see the shovel swinging at the back of his hea- *CLANK* *thud*

Gunther crumpled into the ground with a large purple spot in the back of his head.. The individual responsible seemingly vanished..

Artem Malkov to Persephone Skinner. ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

Artem nodded their barrel in agreement, these meats can wait. "I suggest we start making way now. You can climb onto hull and give directions if You'd like."

Persephone Skinner

She gestured to the library, revealing that a golden dress with bishop sleeves was what she wore underneath the cloak.
"It's just around that way, so I think I can manage. Follow me." With that, she started in the Library's direction, but paused at the sound of pounding footsteps coming from the side of the hallway opposite where she (and presumably Artem) were going. She turned around, and saw Dr. Pennhurst running in their general direction. She continued to walk, but kept to the side of the corridor.

Dr. Dee Pennhurst

Dee slowed up enough to adjust course and safely pass her colleague and Artem while the rat, now in the chest pocket of her lab coat, squirmed into a more comfortable position, only it's snoot being visible.
"Can't talk now, 'Seph, Gont needs help!"
She then reached the library, somewhat out of breath, and began her search for the librarian at a less strenuous pace.
"Ok, what do you.... Oh." When she reached the area with Gont and the pedestal, she immediately knew what was wrong, "We'd better check the surveillance cameras. I'll call Ingrid."
With that, she got out her cell phone and scanned the room for any sign of the intruder while waiting for the call to come through.

Fenris Latour

"I'd say so. Why?"

“Oh, don’t worry ‘bout that— they only do it ‘cause they know I’m ‘laskan. I’m sure they would’na done it to you.” Lou grinned, before hopping deftly up onto thon’s feet and beckoning the new student with a tattooed hand as she went to walk off. “C’mon, let’s go!”

Finbar Cody

Finbar followed, figuring Lou would know more about where the cafeteria was than he did.
"So, d'ya know if whoever it is that, um.... chooses students for this place.... Do they ever make mistakes?" They couldn't help but ask. While the full reality of what had happened and what was to come had not quite set in, Fin felt he didn't belong in a place like this. He didn't even know that many of his belongings had been packed up by the contractors who took him to TLI and left in a pile in his designated sleeping quarters, which he hadn't really bothered to enter.

Jolene Wildwood

Upon arriving at the school, she thanked the deer couple who carried her and her belongings from Mid to Northern Ohio, and like the deer before them, she awarded them with some stolen field corn. She undid the straps that kept her pack on the buck's back, and bid the deer farewell. Immediately, she checked her banjo for damage, and was thankful that not even a string was out of tune, thus returning it to it's gig bag.

The events of the past month were still at the back of her mind. She momentarily wondered about the Kingdom of Fieldskerry. It was a relatively obscure nation, but from what she knew, it was not the place for her, or at least not as long as Fiadh Wildwood was held in their national prison, and not as long as Queen Sarah lived free. Tears began to gather in Jolene's eyes, but she soon wiped them and was on her way to the school office, having dismissed the thoughts of the incident from her mind. She had to stay at TLI for as long as she needed to, and was glad she arrived before the results of the DNA test were ready to determine if she really was the long lost Princess Hilda. She just was hoping that people weren't going to regard her as anybody but the same old Jolene.

“Oh, you mean the kidnapped kids? I dunno, never really thought about it.“ Lou-Lou pondered the question for a moment, tapping xyr sharp nails against xyr legs for a moment before continuing.”I guess they’d prolly be most’ve the ones that don’t end up doin’ career henchin’ or villainy, but I dunno any graduates ‘cept my aunt Sam, and she’s busy off rulin’ an island somewhere, so I cain’t ask her.” She shrugged, walking over an unconscious body lying sideways across the hall without the slightest hesitation in her quest for food, and flashing Finbar a curious smile. “Why’d ya wanna know, anyways?”

X

X was relieved to hear Fenris could in fact hold on to things tightly. “So, we are trying to avoid this tank for as long as possible yes? So I have an idea to resented the cafeteria without being under his watch, but I needed to make sure that you have a good grip. I’m going to need you to get on my back. Strange as it sounds, I ensure you this will work”

Finbar Cody

He tripped over something, and but was able to right himself. His eyes widened when he saw that what he tripped over was an unresponsive body.
"Jesus Murphy!" He interjected, a grimace on his face. "Are they dead!?" He immediately crouched down, taking the unfortunate person's pulse. It was to his understanding that if he weren't three quarters human, he'd probably be able to sense life and death, but now was not the time for lamenting lugubrious powers.

Fenris Latour

"Sure thing." Fenris nodded and did as instructed, momentarily wondering how X thought that with their easy haste in furniture moving they wouldn't have a good grip.

Jolene Wildwood

So far, nobody commented on her brush with the law of both the United States and Fieldskerry, or the fact that she was nearly electrocuted by Captain Zap. She quickly dropped her backpack and the saddlebag at her dorm and slung the gig bag with the banjo over her back.

X

As Fenris gripped into his back, X commanded tentacles to push out his body, his mouth grew wider to an extent, but it was a small change that would quickly go away. Carefully and cautiously he used them as a grip to to walk alongside the wall of the school. He chose to ignore the nuclear gorilla barrelling towards the school. Scaling the side until he came across his dorm. Peering into the balcony in which he used as his room, he saw it to be empty. He opened the window quietly, setting down Fenris gently. He closed the door into said balcony/office and turned to them. “I just need to pick some things up quickly, stay here and out of sight, Artem could be back any moment.”, with this out of the way, X crept out his room. Entering Artemis where he found the stash of weaponry. He used his tentacles to hold the top weapons in place so that it did not look disturbed and took from the cache an MP5, for good measure he grabbed a Tokarev as well. He slid the tentacles back into his body as he backed out the room, shutting the door and letting out a breath, before turning back to the balcony, as he reentered, he tossed the Tokarev to Fenris, loading his own Makarov and stashing the MP5 in his suitcase. He turned towards them, “Excuse me for just one more second” and with that he grabbed his listening device, unplugging the headphones and setting the settings to the one he placed on that vulture fellow some time ago

Lou-Lou stopped, turning around and peering at the body intently for a few moments.
“Eh, prolly not. Still seems a bit early in th’year for someone to be dead— prolly just got knocked out. They breathing?” She poked the body with one of her shoes, sending one of its limbs flopping over onto the floor with a slap.

Vex Von Brandt

Vex was very unhappy that he was being grilled about his alleged drug abuse, which would have been in violation of the debauchery rules had it actually happened in the way alleged. While not visible to the eavesdropping X, his wings were held slightly out, and he was on the verge of shrieking.
"Man, for the last time, it's not that kind of drug! Sectulam is not psychoactive at all! If I were to inject myself with it, nothing would happen because I don't have magic."
"And what does it do with magic?"
"Well, the exact mechanism of action is still being studied, but we're pretty sure it's a Norlan's chemical antagonist."
"In English?"
"It blocks the signal from the body that does whatever the hell makes magic."

Finbar Cody

"I guess so." He flinched as the body twitched and swatted at him, before flipping over onto their other side. It was clear now that whoever it was had been drugged just as he had been, and that whatever was in their system had yet to work its way out. "Jesus!"

Lucia to Finbar Cody ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus ), whatever poor kid she just stepped on

Lucia glanced down at the body, then looked appeased.
“Oh, they’ll be fine. Just a newbie! Probably won’t even notice you tripped all over’em.” she laughed, seemingly not remembering that she had just walked right over the body with her entire weight on it. “C’mon, les’go!”

Gunther Die Stille to Dr Dee Penhurst ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

His senses were coming back as he regained consciousness, along with it came slight stinging pain on his face due to landing on pieces of glass. Slowly pulling himself off the ground, Gunther also saw that his cane was missing too. Using the pedestal to support himself, Gunther felt the back of his head.. yikes, heavily swollen likely bruised purple too.. He looked over to Pennhurst, but out the corner of his vision he saw that the cameras were sparking... He took up another note to point that out, not noticing the 6 inch cut on his cheek..

The note:
"The Cams... they be spark'n like a bonfire on year's eve.."

Artem Malkov to Persephone Skinner ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

Artem ignored the fact that another teacher squeezed her way around them and focused on following Skinner.

Having arrived, Artem immediately noticed the sparking cameras. "Cameras down.. Have feeling that stress was caused by someone.."

Finbar Cody

He continued to the cafeteria with Lou-Lou, and was taken aback by some kid's ranting about endangered species.

Francis Sato

"....Come on, man! How can you eat this stuff knowing that this bird's entire species will have lived only until maybe a decade from now? How horrible do you people think you have to be?" Francis was largely ignored by the student body, but some even were taking some whooping crane meat, perhaps inspired by Francis's protest to simply tick him off.

Vex Von Brandt

"All of it?"
"Well, so far it only stops voluntary magic, but the subject pool was narrow. If we could get the sponsorship for a formal experiment on a broader demographic, we'd know more."
"Well, good luck, kid!"
"You're lucky I don't have any more on me."

Dr. Dee. Pennhurst

Her eyes widened as Gont got up. She hadn't realized he was even on the floor, and the shape he was in made her prioritize his health over the missing tome.
"Oh no. I didn't even see you. Did they attack you too?"

Mrs. Persephone Skinner

"Yeah. This was obviously some kind of orchestrated heist." She approached Gunther and Dr. Pennhurst, gasping at the sight of the back of his head. "Come on, Pennhurst, he's injured!"

Dr. Dee Pennhurst

"What do you think I was going to do?" With that, she attempted to tear the sleeve off of her lab coat, failing.

Persephone Skinner

"Let me do it." She tore the sleeve from her own dress, handing it to Pennhurst.

Dee Pennhurst

"Ok, Gont, this might hurt." She balled up the sleeve and pressed it to the cut on his face, "Hold this where it is. We can get you to the infirmary."

Last edited:
Gunther Die Stille and Artem Malkov to Dr Dee Pennhurst and Persephone Skinner ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

Gunther held the cloth to his cheek, not minding the stinging pain of the wound. At the mention of the Infirmary, he nodded as he shakily attempted to step away from the pedestal. He nearly tripped however, catching himself onto a nearby shelf to balance himself as he gave a small thumbs-up to the two other staff.

Artem stood behind to investigate one of the downed cameras. Using sphere hands to undo the screws and wires, they then took out the casing to see that the circuit board was completely fried with a small disc like object. 'Same force as an EMP' They noted in their mind. They then rolled over to where the 3 staffs were to report the findings.

"Mrs. Skinner, found cause of downed cameras, Culprit used object with properties of electromagnetic pulse." The took out the disc and handed it to her.

Lucia to Finbar Cody ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus ), general cafeteria

Lou-Lou rolled her eyes, letting out a laugh.
“Why’s he gotta make such a big deal out’a it? My family kills polar bears, and nobody’s botherin’ us about it— well, ‘cept them conservation authority folks, but they cain’t do anything ‘bout it, can they? ‘Cause of the damn things try’na kill us all th’time.” She shrugged happily, walking past the food tables towards the kitchen doors. “They deserve it, anyway. Nasty blonde brutes.”

Francis Sato

Hearing Lou-Lou speaking of him, Francis approached daem. He decided not to comment on Lou's pelt or Finbar's cranial situation, recalling how rude he thought it was when his mom pointed out other people's differences and fearing putting his foot in his mouth about it. Still, he couldn't help but stare as he spoke. It was mostly out of curiosity and admiration, but none the less he felt a tad improper, even if he didn't show it.
"That's different, you know; It's self defense. I don't think a whooping crane ever hurt anyone. Ok maybe a fish or something, but that's just nature, and it's more the fish's place than whoever cooks here."

Finbar Cody

Fin's brow furrowed when he found out just what Francis was talking about and he had to stifle laughter himself.
"Whooping crane? I'm sure they're not serving that. How would they even get their hands on it?"

Persephone Skinner

She examined the disc when it was handed to her, enamored.
"So this is what destroyed the camera? Do you suppose this little gadget was made by a student? I know some of the students learn to make EMP weapons, but this is smaller than I'd expect."

Dee Pennhurst

"Lean on me, Gont; We don't want you to fall again." She held out an arm for him to hold onto, then glanced over in Persephone and Artem's direction. "I'll admit that gadgets aren't my area of expertise unless it's something you can implant into a brain, but there's a chance the device could be a magical one."

Vex Von Brandt

"So can I go or what? I didn't start the fire, I don't even have the means to do it, and I think it's pretty obvious who did and how."
"You can go, then. But this is going on your record, so if you're thinking of defacing school property again, don't."
"How many times do I have to tell you it wasn't me? You know what? I'm just going while I can. I've got a cafeteria to smell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back