• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Trials and Tribulations of Ouran Host Club’s Management Committee

Where should the OOC for this rp be?

• Make Server for OOC on Discord

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Make OOC as Separate Thread on RPnation

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Stitches and Patchwork

The Cheese Knees
4CE4A813-A806-4FA8-A320-5DD7CAF9E46F.gif

Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend time here at the elite private school Ouran Academy. The Ouran Host Club is where the school’s handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have too much time on their hands.

… but this story is not exactly just about them.

~Plot~

Starting out in the middle of the show, the chaos all starts when Mikazuki “Zuki” Kiyama is sent to Ouran Academy to work on her social skills and check in on her cousin Renge Houshakuji, also known as the manager of the Host Club. However, due to her cousin’s obsession with involvement in the Host Club, it has been difficult to check in on her without going to the Host Club as a customer which pulls her way too much out of her element.

So, in an attempt to get involved with something that could help her with her social skills without pushing her way out of her comfort zone and keep an eye on her cousin, Zuki suggested perhaps working under Renge as a secretary. Not only helping with organization but also providing a different perspective on the club’s activities when it comes to planning future events. And much to Zuki’s surprise and relief, Renge was open to the idea…

Too open in fact.

Soon Renge spearheaded an effort to gather various students to work as the new management committee. Their jobs. Help not only with organizing everything behind the scenes before, after, and during events to ensure nothing goes wrong and club operations are running smoothly, while also providing different unique perspectives on the club and their activities, giving them a better idea of what the student body enjoys and wants while planning future events. Getting Tamaki in on it in order to ensure the hosts have a full understanding of what their clientele would enjoy, the two got to work to establish this team, holding various interviews with any students interested to form this council.

And over time, a committee was pieced together, filled with different students with their own reasons for joining and own interests. They shared one thing in common however.

They were not prepared for the chaos that getting involved with Ouran’s Host Club would put them through.

Friendships, drama, and maybe even romance bloom within the hallowed halls as this group experiences the trials and tribulations of the Ouran Host Club’s Management Committee.

~Rules~
Hello! So if you couldn't tell, this is a roleplay based on an AU for the anime Ouran Highschool Host Club. As expected, general RPnation guidelines apply alongside a few others rules below:

1. This group is intended to be semi-literate or beyond. While I am a literate roleplayer myself, I found with classes for some starting again, myself included, it may be harder to write long and detailed posts and I do wish for this roleplay to be relaxing for all of us. Thus, when writing things out of chatroom, it is preferred if you write at least one paragraph per post. However, the more material the better!

2. It is preferred that you do remain semi-active for this roleplay as having an inactive character can really cause the roleplay to grind to a halt. Please take your time with rp posts but it is preferred if you are at least active in ooc once per day. Should something arise, please inform us in the ooc. This rule is subject to change as I know lives can be crazy and I don't want to be too harsh. But I do want to prevent this roleplay from dying to the best of my abilities so... please be active people!

3. Cause I am trash, this roleplay is meant to explore OC x Canon pairings. That said, OC x OC pairings are allowed alongside Canon x Canon pairings. That said, it is preferred that everyone who wishes to join is willing to double as a canon character or OC if this situation arises where we do not have enough roleplayers to begin the rp. While this is not mandatory, it is still preferred in order to prevent this rp from dying off early on simply because major characters had no one playing them.

4. Reservations are allowed. That said, you will only be able to officially claim a character once their bio is posted (I will post the character sheet when some interest for this rp is garnered) with reservations lasting for a week unless you ask for an extension. That said, this rp does function as a first come and first serve when to comes to characters whether it be for reservations or bio posting. However, please do not use this setup to create an Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu OC and force them to be the center of the plot or have the canon character you play as act completely ooc. This is an ensemble cast and I want everyone to feel as their characters have a role in the story and a moment to shine with deep fun characters. Also please do roleplay the canon characters accurately. Headcanons are beyond welcomed, however, please avoid having the canon be completely out of character.

5. If you couldn't tell, romance will be playing a key part in this roleplay. Look at this show. That said, please do not force the romances nor rush them. While preferred love interests will be a part of the OC bio, simply because you put a certain character down does not signify that your character will end up with them. Rather, you are just letting your interest be known as the couples are expected to just develop naturally during the course of the plot. So please, don't pressure anyone into entering a relationship with your character or harass anyone on these matters. Just let chemistry do its thing and let's all have fun. And considering that we have quite a large cast interacting, don't feel the need to base everything around romance. Make some close friendships, create meme-able moments, play a role in the drama. Just have fun with the possibilities! Also because of his more childlike behavior and appearance, Honey is not open for shipping. He is able to be played but it’s preferred to just not include him in that stuff as much as I love him.

6. LGBTQ+ is beyond open in this as OCs can be of any gender or sexuality. That said, any discrimination or harassment towards other roleplayers is far from welcomed here.

7. Please be active in the discussion. While I plan to run this roleplay to the best of my abilities, my plot has a few holes in it and I'd love input on how we should handle this storyline and have this be a group effort. Not to mention, I'd love this roleplay group to feel like a group of friends. Let's share memes, jokes, headcanons, the entire works! After all, I want to use this roleplay to not only create an interesting story but bond with other fans. After all, what's more fun than roleplaying with people you can call friends!

~Links~
TBD

~Cast~
Canons
Kyoya Ootori- Reserved by Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
Mitsukuni “Honey” Haninozuka- Reserved by Mirai-chan Mirai-chan

(Please keep in mind canons refer to Host Club members as they will be the main focus of the rp. Side characters like Renge and such will be shared by all of us depending on the circumstances)

OC Spots (3/6)
OC Spot 1- Reserved by Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
OC Spot 2- Reserved by Mirai-chan Mirai-chan
OC Spot 3- Reserved by Shoya Shoya

(There are currently 6 OC spots to match the number of romanceable canons there are so… yeah!)

~Final Message~
Thank you for reading! This has been the first group rp I have started in a long while so I’m sincerely hoping this goes well! That said, if you are interested, please comment down below and mention who you would like to play! Also please vote whether or not you’d prefer for the OOC for this roleplay to be on Discord or RPnation!

Thank you again!!!

Last edited:
I am interested! I'll have an oc and if end up being needed can also rp one of the canon characters.

Random question, will dark/tragic backstories and character arcs be allowed or will it be more of a wholesome type rp?

p.s. I already have a character that is basically what Matsuki was but older in another rp so I have decided to challenge myself by having a character that is completely indifferent to cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back