• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Tale of Two Cities (story idea)

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
Intro

The tale of two cities is a mature action, adventure, drama. It has nothing to do with the novel I just liked the name. I only plan on having at max four people, most likely two on each side for balance. This is a very character oriented story so detailed posts will be required, I like at least three to four paragraphs.

Story

What if being poor was a crime? In the country of Arsenal it is. Arsenal is split into two major locations, the first is Arsenal city (Haven) a place of wealth, pleasures, and plenty. The second location is Arsenal's prison island, which has become a civilization of its own, the residents call it Devil's Island.

Haven is home to the wealthy and the middle class. In Haven money is power. Everything is has a price and nothing is forbidden as long as you have the money. Criminal acts are even allowed as long as proper pay is given for the crime. Money is the only law. Haven is a modern city that pushes progress, business, and innovation. At the end of every month a tax is collected to determine your wealth. Failure to pay the tax is a criminal act and all criminal acts result in being sent to the prison. The prison is used as entertainment for the people of Haven who pay to have things happen to the people who call the prison home.

Devil's Island is a death trap that its residents have made into home. Escape is virtually impossible due to the creatures, the harsh unpredictable environment, and it's hidden location. The Island is a days ride by boat away from Haven. Prisoners are kept below deck and blindfolded so the location remains hidden. Unlike Haven the Island, due to it's conditions, retrograded to a midevil lifestyle. Those with strength became nobles and the island is run by a council of those nobles. While the island is still wild and deadly there is a small sense of order. Money is still present on the island and if you manage to get enough you can by your way back to Haven. Since the price for freedom is so high, most who are sent to the island never leave.

Your role

Pick where you want your character to end up, and then immerse yourself in your new life. As I stated above this story is all about the characters and how they effect the world around them. While I did come up with an actual plot for the story I think letting peoples ideas run free is more interesting.

Closing

That covers everything I got for now. If you have any input or questions I'm happy to hear them. This is a general idea, I just wanted to see if anyone likes the idea, it is subject to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back