• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Starving Darkness (OOC/Discussion)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Manio

From Gallifrey with love.

So, this is the OOC thread for The Starving Darkness. This is where we'll talk about things behind the scenes and where I'll let you all know when scene changes are about to take place, and also where we can discuss how character death may be handled (which I'm still trying to work out). We'll just be discussing everything in general about the roleplay. I figured some information might be key though in regards to how this is gonna work initially.

We'll also work out a post order in here, so you can update everyone that you've posted in the IC thread when that goes live. If there's a way to tag the person after you that would be ideal in this thread (I don't know how to do that if possible). I'll initiate things and we'll go from there.

Plot Details
  • All the characters are at the diner for some reason or another.
  • After everyone has had their initial post with their characters in the IC thread I'll start to begin the spookiness and strangeness.
  • When the "event" takes hold everything is plunged into night, which is strange since we're starting in the morning with the sun having just started rising. During the course of the event wi-fi accessible devices and phones will start to malfunction. At the start it will be things like "All services are currently busy" and busy tones when trying to make calls. Eventually, these devices will stop working entirely.
  • The characters will remain in the diner for a short amount of time while things strange things begin to increase in their happening and severity. Eventually, the characters will need to find a way to leave the diner safely and most likely figure out where to go next. The closest town is Hallowsbrook which is 20-miles to the east. People have brought vehicles, so those could come in handy.
  • It's winter! So there's snow and ice. I love winter horror.
  • Character death is entirely possible. When a scene becomes "dangerous" and character death is possible, I'll write something along the lines of The chance of death has increased. Make your choices carefully into my post in the IC thread.
If we can think of anything else to discuss then we'll go from there!

In Character Thread: Realistic or Modern - The Starving Darkness (Open)

---
Post Order
1. Manio Manio
2. free cake free cake
3. idiot idiot
4. tallonisfarout tallonisfarout
5. NoQuillToLive NoQuillToLive
6. NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49
7. irregular-neptune irregular-neptune
8. Polka Dot Polka Dot
9. Lilliana2 Lilliana2
10. BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Last edited:
ooo love a winter setting! I'm wondering if I should include history or leave it a mystery for other characters to discover throughout the roleplay!

I'll probably keep my history to be discovered in rp, Dorris got some wild and kick-ass memories I am eager to write for.

Winter Horror is so aesthetically beautiful but chilling!

Winter horror is a lot of fun.

I'll get the IC thread up today! No idea when, but sometime today.

One more spot left to fill, but we're essentially good to go at this point.

Characters are posted I wanted to make a bit of an undynamic duo. Sorry I accidentally posted that I was interested on here instead of the interest check, hope the characters sounds acceptable.

All characters have been accepted, and the slots have been filled. Whenever anyone is ready feel free to start diving into the IC post. I've decided a post order based on when people joined. So, it should look something like this below. However, if someone doesn't post within two days of the person prior, the person below them in the post order can go ahead.

1. Manio (that's me! Already posted)
2. free cake free cake
3. idiot idiot
4. tallonisfarout tallonisfarout
5. NoQuillToLive NoQuillToLive
6. NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49
7. irregular-neptune irregular-neptune
8. Polka Dot Polka Dot
9. Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Once you've posted in the IC thread you can tag the person below you in the post order here in the OOC. Which means, you're up free cake free cake !

Can someone link the RP thread pretty please?

I think I have it linked as "Main" at the very top of this thread.

Manio Manio , noticed you said all the spots were filled but still wanted to try my luck and see if youโ€™re still accepting a few more?

Well, i'm not very proud of it but i didn't wanna leave the rest of y'all hanging, lol. Your turn, idiot idiot
ooo Iโ€™ll give it a read and whip up my own post today hopefully!

alright, and my post is up! would have liked to spend more time on nathaniel's part but got an assignment to worry about hehe.

looks like you're up tallonisfarout tallonisfarout !

Good stuff all around so far! I'm very excited to make things dark and twisted c:

I'm updating the initial post here in the OOC to show the post order!

It might take me a day or two to get my reply out, but Iโ€™ll post it ASAP. Also, I watched The Fog last night just for inspiration lol

It might take me a day or two to get my reply out, but Iโ€™ll post it ASAP. Also, I watched The Fog last night just for inspiration lol

Not a problem!

Also; if anyone isn't too keen on the post order feel free to say so. I just did it based on the order y'all made your characters. If anyone wants to trade spots, etc just keep me posted.

EDIT: I added a new character/user to the post order as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back