News The Staff's Ask Us (Almost) Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miyuki said:
@Inquisitor Yay, you're twenty and you're adorable, then I'm twenty and I'm Kawaii~ My question is, would you be willing to roleplay with me, and if yes, would you be fine with occasional one-liners, but for the most part, three sentences to two/three paragraphs, mainly centered on three to six sentences?
Bah, I would, but I'm too crammed full of work right now to consider much more on my plate. Plus, I still owe @Pineapple a character for a game. I'll call a raincheck!

It's okay~ I have one question though~ Is there a reason I feel so much more Kawaii today than other days?

Miyuki said:
It's okay~ I have one question though~ Is there a reason I feel so much more Kawaii today than other days?
Well-

The moon waxes and wanes and user-senpai's are decreed in a fashion more 'kawaii' than others. We have never distinguished what brings about this change, maybe it's the sea creature, the waves of the ocean. Regardless- you have been chosen as the lucky one to receive the gift by the lunar bodies. They came down from the heavens when the sun touched the horizon and rewarded you with titles of more today then of yesterday.

Appreciate this gift. You no longer need to claim yourself as 'kawaii'- you just are.

Word,

Kagu-chan.

(It probably actually has something to do with girl feels)

Kagura said:
Well-
The moon waxes and wanes and user-senpai's are decreed in a fashion more 'kawaii' than others. We have never distinguished what brings about this change, maybe it's the sea creature, the waves of the ocean. Regardless- you have been chosen as the lucky one to receive the gift by the lunar bodies. They came down from the heaven's when the sun touched the horizon and rewarded you with title's of more today then of yesterday.

Appreciate this gift. You no longer need to claim yourself as 'kawaii'- you just are.

Word,

Kagu-chan.

(It probably actually has something to do with girl feels)
Does it also have anything to do with my weird ability to do around a hundred posts a day? If not, then please ignore this question~

Miyuki said:
Does it also have anything to do with my weird ability to do around a hundred posts a day? If not, then please ignore this question~
That's likely just the inner spammer within. Completely unrelated.

Maybe it just has to do with how active and how many roleplays I'm in? Oh well. Thank you for answering my questions~ *Carried away by a horde of kitties*

Auren said:
@Erica @Ricia @Kagura @Esme @Shura @Paranoia
Do you roleplay boys, and if so, do you feel it's any different than roleplaying girls?
Yes, I write male characters. Until fairly recently, they were mostly supporting characters/NPCs, but I finally bit the bullet and created a couple of male PCs for group RPs lately. I've been enjoying them, but I do think it's different. Or maybe I am overly concerned about not understanding the male perspective.

I'll also say I have less of a complex about writing male characters in short stories or as part of a larger scene. With a PC in a group RP, however, I mostly wonder if the internal thoughts/perspective shared are "male" enough. (Whatever that means.)

I'll also add that I have to check myself with female characters, too, to ensure the thought process/reaction/choices truly fit the character. I just do it far more often with my male characters.

Auren said:
@Moderators - What's ya'll's dream job? Why is it your dream job?
(Mine is being an Editor at a YA/NA book publisher, or working at a book store if all else fails. There's just something exciting about being surrounded by books or helping others in their publishing journey.)
Novelist by day, jazz club singer by night.

[QUOTE="Marvelous Chester]@Moderators
1. What was the funniest thing you've read on this sight

2.What was the stupidest thing you've ever done

3.Is there a way to get you're roleplays more views and get people more interested in them

4.Would you be willing to Skype and chat with a roleplayed on this sight

5.If any one of you was given one-thousand million dollars but you had to decide to keep it to you're self or put it all into the sight what would you do.

6.What would you do if all you're roleplays suddenly became real.

[/QUOTE]
Oh, bugger that's a hefty set of questions. xD

1. There have been no shortage of hilarious things around here. A lot of my favorites, honestly, have been tossed up in a certain thread about funny RpN moments, though... bwahahaha.

2. Oh, that's just about the hardest question there is. xD I've got a laundry list of stupidity that'd probably stretch from here to the moon - twice over. The one solace is that I'm good about learning from my idiocy. Lol.

3. The best way, in my opinion, to get a lot of views and interest it to just post in RP Recruitment sections and mention the RP in the shoutbox. Honestly, the best thing I can tell you is to make the very best RP to your abilities. Word of mouth(text?) accounts for more than you'd think and to have a damn fine roleplay laying around can get around quick. Hell, if all else fails, screw lots of views and interest and just RP with your friends. =P

4. Skype and chat? Ohyuh. I mean, I tend to avoid Skype since I have about 600 people on it - or at least it feels that way. Seems my Skype has really turned more into a 'ask Grin about RpN' page than a type of chatting some days, though. If I start up a new one just for RpN, I'd ask that folks keep site on site and just use outside comms for chatterin'. As for other stuff (Teamspeak, Steam, etc, etc, etc) I'd be down to hang out with people - when I can find the time. ^^

5. Split it 50/50? Bwahaha. I could never decide, honestly.

6. If all the roleplays I was in became real, I'd probably be killed immediately by something or someone. Hell, who knows. Maybe I'd get superpowers and totally protect the innocent as The Outstanding Beardman. >>

Auren said:
What's ya'll's dream job? Why is it your dream job?
Honestly, I have a few. Horror fiction is a big one - writing mostly, but some illustration (with practice ^^). I'd love to do something in comedy, but less in the realm of standup and possibly more in the realm of writing.

There's something to be said about both of my dreams, in that with horror and comedy, you hold a certain power over someone. Whether it be fear or hilarity, you are able to craft the ability to literally toy with someone's emotions on a level that isn't inherently harmful. It's fascinating to me and only drives me to try further.

Another dream job would be, of course, in design. I would love to do more freelance design work, if ever I can get over my fear of creation as a whole. xD

There are few things that give me more joy in life than seeing someone appreciate a creation that I either designed or had a part of designing. Simple as that, really.

[QUOTE="Marvelous Chester]@Moderators
1. What was the funniest thing you've read on this sight

2.What was the stupidest thing you've ever done

3.Is there a way to get you're roleplays more views and get people more interested in them

4.Would you be willing to Skype and chat with a roleplayed on this sight

5.If any one of you was given one-thousand million dollars but you had to decide to keep it to you're self or put it all into the sight what would you do.

6.What would you do if all you're roleplays suddenly became real.

[/QUOTE]
1. I can't point anything in particular. A lot of what I've found funny is because of conversations over team speak. Like once someone had their immortal character jump off of a roof randomly. On its own it was confusing. Combined with what was said over team speak it was hilerious.

2. Procrastinate. It's gotten me in a lot of trouble before even costed me a few opportunities.

3. Honestly I've found having an active rp gets more views. I've had alot of traffic in my rps because I tend to plot and plan with people over team speak as well and some people over hear it.

4. I tend to save Skype for family and RP friends. I have some RPN people on my list And was part of a geoup at kne point but it was way too chaotic. I end up using Teamspeak to chat with RpN members since I'm on there everyday.

5. I'd help my family out with some of it, take care my loans and put some away for saving. Most of it would go to charities and medical reaserch though. As a nurse I see a lot of people suffering from illnesses where a cure or treatment had yet to be found.

6.oh dear that would be bad xD the world would be in very bad shape to say the least.

sent from tapatalk

haha woops

@Erica[/URL] @Ricia @Kagura @Esme @Shura @Paranoia
Do you roleplay boys, and if so, do you feel it's any different than roleplaying girls?
I do. It feels different, like a different state of mind more like? But it's not that different. I just get in a real tissy just wondering about if I'm in the right mindset for a male character I've defined. vague answer is vague

It's weird but, I can't play rowdy boys... > <;

Auren said:
I know I'm too young to really decide "oh this job I really want to do" but I've been thinking of becoming a graphic designer, gaming designer, or game programmer. Something between design and games. I'm really interested in the design process of games and the like.

[/SPOILER]

Auren said:
@Erica @Ricia @Kagura @Esme @Shura @Paranoia
I have played boys before joining RpN, I didn't play them too different than I do female characters. I tend to focus on personality of my character than I do gender really. Though most of my female characters tend to be more of the tomboy type. *shrugs*

Auren said:
(Mine is being an Editor at a YA/NA book publisher, or working at a book store if all else fails. There's just something exciting about being surrounded by books or helping others in their publishing journey.)
My dream job is to honestly work as a nurse practitioner in an Predicative Intensive Care Unit or in start my own family practice. I really like working with kids so I know I want a job somewhere in the pediatric field.

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]@The Administration so if you had to live with me , would you be ok with that? Oh and would you be ok with me posting some pictures I take of my Lego stuff on here in the prose section?

[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't have any more space in my apartment. Plus powering a robot would definitely heighten the electric bill.

Depends. Art is a subjective thing. If you are confident Lego stuff is Art than go ahead. If not, take that stuff to Personal Topics. Use the Scrapbook prefix.

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]@The Administration so if you had to live with me , would you be ok with that? Oh and would you be ok with me posting some pictures I take of my Lego stuff on here in the prose section?

[/QUOTE]
I already have a robot in the house. He is about 5'8", with a stressed expression on his face all the time (can't think why, he lives with me). He does most of the stuff I need him to do, fill the food bowl, buy more food, go places to get money to get more food, bring treats and toys when I want them and make comfortable beds for me to sleep on (the piles of laundered, pressed and folded clothes are the best!). There's nothing else I really need. Also, robots are immune to my favorite game 'Where Did I Hide The Dead Bird?'

Captain Hesperus

HK 50 09] [URL="http://www.rpnation.com/members/?ug=3 said:
@The Administration[/URL] so if you had to live with me , would you be ok with that?
If I HAD to-

yeah the answer would still be no. Such scared.

[/QUOTE]
Can I answer that, even though I'm not an administrator or staff...? Even if you say no, here's my answer~ I would be hiding in the bathroom, looking just like my avatar (Tears included), as I would be forced apart from my Unyie.

Vampiress said:
Hey Mods can I get a name change please?
http://www.rpnation.com/threads/how-to-change-your-name.72956/

Any other questions pertaining to the site may be directed to the Site Questions and Information forum. Or, if its about a thread or roleplay, you can use the Roleplay Support.

Miyuki said:
Can I answer that, even though I'm not an administrator or staff...? Even if you say no, here's my answer~ I would be hiding in the bathroom, looking just like my avatar (Tears included), as I would be forced apart from my Unyie.
You can create your own Ask Me Anything thread under Personal Topics in the General Discussion forum. This thread is for asking the staff questions and for the staff to answer. :) Please don't spam here :<

Miz said:
I honestly don't have any more space in my apartment. Plus powering a robot would definitely heighten the electric bill.
Depends. Art is a subjective thing. If you are confident Lego stuff is Art than go ahead. If not, take that stuff to Personal Topics. Use the Scrapbook prefix.
Well I suppose some of my little creations (like that little ship I made last week) would be art , but pictures of like 3 Mandalorians killing something while riding it would most likely be scrapbook. Thanks!

[QUOTE="Alad V]Stuck between Vi,Thresh,and Blitzcrank. What do you do?

[/QUOTE]
Who am I even playing!? D:

I'm more of an act than think about it person but I'll try to be badass fer you. Probably dodge both pulls (because that's the bitch of both thresh and blitz), pop shield to dodge whatever vi throws at me, and run the hell away (yes, this is badass me)

Or the more likely choice "You have been slain!"

Kagura said:
Who am I even playing!? D:
I'm more of an act than think about it person but I'll try to be badass fer you. Probably dodge both pulls (because that's the bitch of both thresh and blitz), pop shield to dodge whatever vi throws at me, and run the hell away (yes, this is badass me)

Or the more likely choice "You have been slain!"
Whoever your main is? Failing that,Veigar. EVERYONE loves Veigar!

@Grin

How many whiskers grace your glorious face?

Miyuki said:
One question~ Do you still love me, Ricia~?
Uuuuuhh.... I can't declare my love out in public... maybe a little :D

Auren said:
Ever since I stuck myself into Role Playing, I have actually started out as male characters rather than female. Maybe because as a person, I had always looked at the female gender as 'girly'... as I was quite the tomboy.

Now I find that my male characters can be a bit stale... Somewhere in my role playing I think I started to over think what 'playing a guy' meant. I kind of come to the conclusion there is no right or wrong way to do it... because there is so many diverse people... and gender identification is kind of a stereotypic thing.

Or maybe I don't know what I am talking about and everything i'm doing is wrong!

Auren said:
What's ya'll's dream job? Why is it your dream job?
I wana be a child or normal Psychologist :D Sociology for the win!

@AnyModeratorOrAdminWhoWantsToAnswer

Name your top ten favorite Musicians/Bands/Orchestras and your favorite song from each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back