• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕤 (𝕚𝕔)

fairyfawn

respectless
THE EVENT

Welcome to the annual masquerade ball of Larkfield! As always, the masquerade ball will be held at the mansion and it officially starts at 6 PM so be sure to arrive on time! Since this is a masquerade ball, masquerade masks are required! Once you arrive at the mansion, you can enter and go towards the ballroom where you can hopefully find a dance partner. Or, you can make your way to the kitchen area for refreshments such as cookies, fruit slices, drinks, and more! Need a little break from dancing? You can go outside to get some fresh air or head to the kitchen! As always, spirit animals are welcome here and we hope you’ll enjoy your time here at the ball!

Have fun!

click the two dots at the bottom to access the post!

• Larkfield

lovely

billie eilish

These days, knowing more makes you more miserable.

@ottocorrect

2 hours ago

nine lives

• scroll

and Mouse

Dunyah Shama

mood

anxious

home & mansion

tags

tags here

"Not breathing will result in fainting, you are aware, no?"​

The young woman was seated on the ground in front of the mirror in her bedroom, staring at her reflection as if anything would change by simply staring at herself. It would not change a thing; it would merely delay the mental breakdown that she often had when getting ready for these kinds of things. There was an audible groan as both her hands moved through her hair.
    “Why am I like this?” She sighed as she let herself fall back, ending with her back against her bed while her legs stretched out towards the mirror.
    “Because you are quite the perfectionist? Or because you have become so used to 5-year-olds? Or maybe it’s-“
    “Mouse, for the love of all that it Holy. Shut up. It was a rhetorical question, not one that you were supposed to answer.’’
    If Mouse did not often look annoyed Dunyah would probably have cared about the look that the black and white snake cast towards her, but it didn’t bother her whatsoever. Towards strangers Mouse might snap her jaw, but she did not do that when she got annoyed with Dunyah. She simply cast an annoyed look and curled up into a ball.
    “Thank you, I dearly appreciate it,’’ Dunyah spoke with a hint of sarcasm.
    Another sigh followed when she pushed herself straight again, folding her legs underneath her while her eyes found her reflection again. She genuinely had no idea what to do about her appearance at this point, but she had to figure it out sooner or later. From where she was sitting, she could see the reflection of her alarm, which was already showing 5:00 p.m..

Thirty minutes later Dunyah was leaning closer to the mirror, her mouth slightly open as she applied mascara to her lashes. In the end she decided to do something simple.
    “You gave up on thinking of an interesting look, didn’t you?” Mouse’s voice sounded amused.
    “It’s hidden behind a mask anyway, who cares?”
    “You did.”
    Dunyah narrowed her eyes as she glanced at Mouse, who was still laying on her bed, but this time her eyes were looking at the woman in front of the mirror. “You are so happy with yourself right now, it’s not a good look.’’
    “Everything is a good look on me.”
    It drew a genuine laugh from Dunyah as she shook her head. “You’re so full of yourself.”

It was around 5:50 when Dunyah parked her small car on the side of the road. She had contemplated if she should have walked to the mansion but decided against it when Mouse reminded her of the heels she was wearing. With a small sigh she folded the small mirror down and looked at the reflection of her face. There was nothing to fix, but she still made sure she had secured her headscarf right, which caused some annoyance within Mouse who had wrapped her body around the young woman’s neck, resting her head on her shoulder.
    “You know I keep it in place as well, right? Just get out of the car and go in, you’re already late,’’ the snake complained.
    With a sigh Dunyah folded the mirror back and took a deep breath. When was the last time she’d been to some kind of party anyway? Maybe it had been her sister’s wedding? Or maybe a cousin that got married after that? She genuinely didn’t remember when the last time had been.
    “At least nobody will be asking you when you’re getting married this time,” Mouse spoke as if she had been able to read her thoughts. In reality Mouse knew exactly what caused Dunyah’s anxiety.
    “Fair enough,’’ Dunyah managed to mutter with just the smallest chuckle, still filled with anxiety.
    Her hand reached for the handle, and not even two minutes later she was actually out of her car, locking it behind her as she walked to the sidewalk. The cold air brushed against her skin and Dunyah took a moment to draw in a deep breath, one that filled her lungs with the cold air and calmed her nerves down just a little bit. Just like that she was on her way to the mansion, securing the mask to her face as she was walking.

The mask somehow helped reduce the stress that grew within her, it caused her to be able to look around her without having the feeling that people instantly saw her looking around. Seeing the crowd grow bigger the closer she got to the mansion. Mouse must have felt her anxiety grow again as she nudged her face closer to Dunyah’s cheek.
    “Not breathing will result in fainting, you are aware, no?”It pulled a soft laugh from Dunyah’s lips. “I will take it as a yes.”
    “Yes, Mouse. I am aware,’’ she answered with the faintest chuckle still clear in her voice.
    The joke helped, as she suddenly stood in the mansion amongst other people. The room filled with people in suits and gowns, everyone’s faces hidden behind masks of all sorts. She slowly moved along the wall of the room, almost hiding away to the side for the moment as she was simply watching the room.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Arla Thalia Sparrow
I sit before flowers hoping they will train me in the art of opening up.
Shane Koyczan
8gvS0Rd.jpg

Polo
Male - Dumbo Rat

ZWiuQYU.jpg

Arla
Female - 24 Years
-x-x-

Mentions:
Open

Arla's heart buzzed with excitement and nerves at the idea of attending her first ball and first major event in Larkfield. The idea of meeting new people was both an overwhelming but also such an interesting prospect. Having only recently moved into the town, and also being somewhat of a shyer nature, Arla hadn't met many people, she looked forward to this event being the time she could potentially make some new friends. The idea of having some friends was something Arla really thought would be so refreshing and would be a great addition to her new life in Larkfield.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?...What if we get sick being around so many people...." The small white rat, dusted with a silvery markings across it's top, rested against the doorframe of the closed bathroom door and listening with his oversized dumbo ears. "I don't think we should go, it's much safer at home." The rat expressed. Polo was the spirit animal of Arla and he was also her anxiety. He worried about everything, however the worry of himself or Arla getting sick from such an event was a very realistic concern to have. Arla had a poor immune system and multiple long term health problems which had plagued her life, they were problems that were never going to ever be resolved.

"I want to do this, I think it will be fun." Arla responded from behind the bathroom door, she had a sweet voice with a slightly British accent. "Anyway, part of the reason for coming to Larkfield was because I don't want to spend the rest of my life hiding." The door handle clicked and slowly the door began to open. Standing in the doorway was a young and slender woman with very pale skin and beautiful long and wavy light brown hair with blonde highlights.

Dressed in a long, light blue gown dress. The dress boasted elegancy with a beautifully glittering decorated bust piece and a long flowing mesh bottom. Her outfit was complete with a pair of light blue, matching, heels and a matching mask. Considering the ball was a Masquerade Ball, a mask was a must and Arla had additionally put thought into that. Her mask covered only her eyes and faded across from light blue to silver. Decorated with a glittery pattern of spirals and topped off with a beautiful white and blue lily, and a pair of long blue feathers.
She felt amazing.

"Woah!" Polo expressed as he bounded backwards to get a better view of Arla. The rat had been by his humans side from the day she was born, however he had never seen her dress in such a way and even he was taken back by what he was seeing. Arla knelt down and gently rubbed the rats cheeks as he embraced her affection. "I think you shouldn't worry so much today and try to have a nice time. It's going to be okay." Arla reassured him before moving off to admire herself in the mirror.

"I feel like a princess!" Arla remarked joyfully to Polo as she merrily made her way up the steps towards the ball entrance. Hopping along behind and running to keep up pace as always, Polo the rat remained cautious but in addition he would follow and support Arla with whatever she was to choose. Just as Arla crossed the fresh hold and the room of people opened up before her, she felt the butterflies inside of her belly dance. Her sheltered life had left Arla shy and with a slight amount of social anxiety.

Picking up on her nerves, Polo stopped next to her and stood up on his back feet. "It's not to late to turn around you know?" Polo confessed. Arla looked down at him as he sparked a bit more determination from her. "I still want to do this." She said with her smile growing once more. "Okay..." Polo responded, despite the lack of enthusiasm, his voice sounded supportive and open to the opportunity.

Without taking a breath, Arla slowly made her entrance into the ballroom, followed by Polo who trotted along at a steady pace only a foot behind Arla's feet. Both were determined to have an enjoyable, and successful, evening at Larkfield Masquerade Ball.

• Larkfield

pity party

melanie martinez

These days, knowing more makes you more miserable.

@ophelia!

1 hour ago

nine lives

Last edited:

Dimitri Neal Hayez
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by. That has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
9V76AXe.jpg

Darwin
Male
Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Dog)

B2xMa3P.png

Dimitri
Male - 26 Years
-x-x-

Mentions:
Opelia (Koda) - fairyfawn fairyfawn

Sitting in his black car in the parking lot outside of the entrance to Larkfield Masquerade Ball, Dimitri made last moment adjustments to his suit in the small car mirror. Dressing for a suit and tie event was not a common occurrence for Dimitri, and getting it right seemed important to him, he did want to show he made a good effort. The effort had paid off, he looked smart. Dressed in a refined black suit with a neat black waistcoat, he looked well turned out. Considering it was a Mascaraed Ball, Dimitri has opted for a mask which seemed fitting for his personality, almost in a subconscious way. A mask that only took up half of his face, a black mask with defined white swirls and broken up by the crinkled effect of a broken skull, tipped off with the addition of music notes in his line of sight.
Dimitri had wanted to make an impression.

"You look fine, stop admiring yourself like your some celebrity or something, not like anyone is going to notice if your collar isn't perfectly straight." Sitting beside him in the passenger seat was a large black and tan dog. Almost appearing as owner and dog, however their bond was far more closer than any pet owner relationship could ever be. Darwin was the spirit animal of Dimitri, the pair was joined at the hip however didn't always see eye to eye. That being said, the pair had an understanding that these misunderstandings were purely a disagreement which stemmed from the emotions the paired in their unique soul connection.

"Aww...you sound jealous!" Dimitri replied as he turned to face the dark faced Malinois, a type of Belgian Shepherd, sat next to him. The dog scoffed, returning his gaze to study the people walking past their car. Before Darwin was able to stop him, Dimitri had reached into the glove compartment of his car and pulled out a bowtie which matched the same black and white swirl portion of his mask, then wrapped it around Darwin's neck.

Darwin reacted quickly with a grown, it was more bark than bite.
"Hay! I'm not some handbag Chihuahua you can dress up and prance around with!" Darwin snapped, which only made Dimitri grin with amusement.
"Exactly! Your not, which is why it makes sense." Dimitri replied. Darwin gave him a disgruntled sideway glance, unamused but willing to entertain the idea. "Now we match and everyone will know you are a part of me."
The dog looked around, his amber eyes meeting the brown eyes of his human spirit companion. They didn't need to speak as the pair embraced in their moment of understanding and connectivity between them. Not always did they seem to get along, but they did understand each-other better than many would assume from the outside.

The pair both exited the car via the drivers door and made their way up towards the ball. Darwin walked neatly at Dimitri's heel, however the space between them suggested equality and not leadership. Making their way into the ballroom, Dimitri made a beeline towards the bar to get a drink. It wasn't a celebration without alcohol and tonight he was going to have a good night out. As Dimitri ordered himself his first drink of the evening, Darwin sat with his back to Dimitri and his eyes scanned the room.

Darwin prided himself in being a good watchdog, he never missed a thing of a person, which was beneficial for Dimitri who wouldn't even notice an elephant in the room by himself. As he watched, Darwin noticed a large Bear heading for the kitchen. His ears perked foreword and he began to pant slightly.
"I'm just going to go check something out, I will be right back!" Darwin informed Dimitri and before he could turn around to say anything, Darwin starting to make his way towards the kitchen to see what mischief the Bear could possibly be getting into.

Darwin didn't trust many others and seeing another Spirit Animal going into the kitchen alone concerned him. Wanting to police the situation, Darwin quietly snuck after Koda into the kitchen and stopped boldly after the fresh hold.
"What are doing?" Darwin asked, his tone sounded firm, despite that being a normal ring to his voice.

Terry Holt and Thomas

Terry stared at the mansion before him, steeling his nerves as he breathed in the cool air of the spring that was somewhat late to turn properly warm. He had never really been to a social event like this before; usually, he liked something a little more low-key, but he had been presented an invitation by a particularly vivacious customer, who was all aflutter over the extravagance of the idea. He had tacked up a reminder of it on the note board of the building he worked in, and made a diligent effort to make himself presentable for the event; he had rented a suit, plain black and accented with a green tie, his mask something he stitched together after careful planning. He adjusted it a bit; the dark green mask with it's fringes meant to look like pine needles was comfortable, but he was particularly fussy. He could have worn a couple of his nicer bracelets, but he decided to forego such a thing to seem more in line with the festivities.

"Remind me again why we bothered to come?" Thomas grumbled by his feet, his small beady eyes surveying the locale with distaste, his spines rippling slightly as he bristled and relaxed all at once. "Because, it'll be fun." Terry reminded him, flashing him a quick smile; the porcupine caught a glimpse of it and rolled his eyes, shuffling on the hard surface of the stairs. "Good food, good drink, what's not to love?" Terry asked, picking him up with little effort. Thomas' quills seemed to be a burden, something to be careful of, but Terry had never gotten poked by them once, even if he deliberately pressed on them. He was thankful; if he had been able to be poked, he would have spent a lot more of his childhood in tears and perhaps he and Thomas wouldn't have grown as close as they had.

"I'll tell you what's not to love- strangers attempting conversation." Thomas retorted, although he stayed dutifully relaxed in Terry's arms as Terry carried him into the mansion. The place was wonderful, all glitter and elegance, reflected light and polished stone. "Yeah, but we'd run into those anytime, anywhere. Do you want to wear this?" Terry asked, raising his eyebrows behind his mask at Thomas, who seemed to relax more in protest. "No." He replied resignedly, and Terry sighed as he held him closer, reassuring him with a squeeze. Maybe some food would cheer him up enough to tolerate the event; Terry began to wander towards where food might be, offering polite smiles to the people he walked by.

~~~~~

Holden Reeves and Sonar

Holden was all abuzz for this event? A ball? In this town? With little time to spare? He loved the excitement of getting ready in a hurry! He had picked out one of his favorite suits: pinstriped with silver cufflinks, a deep purple tie to add just a hint of color to his ensemble. Sonar drifted around him as he was getting ready; he saw her huge, magnificent eye hovering behind him as he adjusted his mask to make sure it was on correctly. "You look beautiful, darling." She said, her voice sweet and gentle as she reached over with one of her arms and picked his overcoat into place with careful touches of her hooks. "I know, I just want to make a good first impression." He said, moving with her adjustment to put a bit of cologne on his wrists and neck before he turned and smiled at her. "Oh, very handsome." She complemented, and his grin only grew as color rippled through her skin, striping her usually bright red coloration with waves of blue. "Time to go." Holden said with a thrill of excitement, getting all of his things ready to head to the mansion.

-

Holden arrived a tad late; he didn't mind, though. That just meant most people would already be there, and he could ask a stranger or two for a dance, have some good food, and have a good time. Shouldering a sleek, black bag, he made his way to the dance hall to weave his way through the throngs of people, drinking in the sights and smells of everyone in their best attire, loving the choice of music as he hunted for a dance partner.

Last edited:

• scroll

and Mouse

Dunyah Shama

mood

calmer

Larkfield Mansion

tags

interaction possibly Caroline1539 Caroline1539

"You’re rather mean when you’re trying to prove a point."​

Standing so close to the first wall she’d laid her eyes on felt stupid, especially when she’d normally be so confident in the way she acted. But – to be fair – that was only when she stood in front of toddlers, other times she often enjoyed the peace and quiet of writing. Maybe that was just part of being a teacher throughout the week, having so many small children around you could definitely be energy draining. Her eyes followed many people that came through the door: most of them moving to the kitchen to get a drink or something to eat.
    “You should get something to drink and eat as well, I remember you saying you’d eat here,” Mouse’s voice was soft, but it was enough to pull Dunyah from her thoughts.
    “Hm? Oh, right. You’re right.’’
    She hadn’t eaten dinner yet, and she had been planning on eating some of the food that they had prepared here.
    “Dunyah, please. I am hungry too, you know?” The snake started to complain when the woman didn’t seem to move from her place. It pulled a little bit of a laugh from her.
    “I doubt they have mice laying around for you to eat, Mouse. Would you settle for anything else?”
    “I would, because I’m not held back by the same eating rules you’ve set for yourself,’’ Mouse answered fiercely.
    “I didn’t set them for myself. You’re rather mean when you’re trying to prove a point.”
    “I’m mean even when I don’t want to make a point, Habibi.
    Dunyah now rolled her eyes, but there was still a little bit of a chuckle that left her lips. Mouse wasn’t a threat; she was just very… opinionated in a way. But still, to keep her from complaining even more, the young woman started to head for the kitchen.

The kitchen was filled with foods and what not, and Dunyah had to admit that she was in awe of the variety of things they’d managed to put on a table. Mouse was the first to move, but Dunyah quickly held her back.
    “Do not dare, we don’t need a snake to move through the food. You tell me what you want, and I’ll plate some for you.”
    Mouse wasn’t fond of Dunyah’s words, but she didn’t say it out loud. The way her eyes were angrily staring at her human was a fine indicator of her annoyance. She wrapped herself back around the woman’s neck and watched the table, eyeing everything. While Dunyah was plating her own food, which was mostly fruits and some of the vegetarian options they had, she kept a close eye on her familiar.
    “Tell me, what do you want, Mouse?” She asked after a while of quiet.
    “You can plate some fish and meat. Please.”
    The woman quietly nodded while taking a smaller plate which she filled for Mouse. It was going to be a struggle to hold two plates, but she would be fine walking to a table. She laid down the tongs and took the two plates as she headed out to the seating area. Mouse, however, wasn’t that patient as she was already making her way down Dunyah’s arm towards the plate that was filled with fish and meat.
    “Mouse, can you wait? I cannot hold your weight like this. You’re going to make a me-“
    By then it already happened. The weight of Mouse together with the plate that her hand held was already too much to handle and before she knew it the plate fell to the ground, shattering as soon as the plate hit the tiles.
    Mouse! Limadha faealt hadha? Kan yajib ‘an tatahalaa bialsabr, allaenat ealayk!
    Suddenly there was nothing left of the very confident, calm snake. Mouse started to quickly slither back up the woman’s arm, wrapping herself around Dunyah’s neck again. Dunyah did not bother to apologize for her yelling, not when there was a mess of food and pieces of plate on the ground.

It took her a moment of just staring at the mess to calm herself down, and eventually she put her own plate down onto a table. She got down to clean up the mess, finding herself seeing a pair of feet. As soon as she looked up from the mess, she saw someone holding a porcupine.
    “Sorry, I’ll move out of the way.’’ She chuckled a little bit embarrassed.
    She quickly moved to the side, out of the way, so she could properly throw away the pieces of plate together with the food.
    “Can you still-“ Mouse started, but Dunyah shook her head instantly.
    “Not a word until I've cleaned this mess up.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back