• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Small Town of Caelkirk

Monster Lady Gay-Gay

GenderFluid Gay Bitch
As Mayor Walter O'Brien stood on his Mayoral balcony he looked out over the town. he had to address the people, so he decided to start talking.

"Welcome to the town of Caelkirk. I'm your Mayor, Walter O'BrienIn this small town, we have a
  • Housing District-houses are the same on the exterior; different on the inside depending on family size; family friendly park
  • Business District- town hall, mayor's office, one/two skyscrapers with offices, convenience store, grocery store, restaurant, small businesses
  • School District- athletic fields, high school, middle school, elementary school, library
Enjoy your stay here!"

He clapped and walked inside.@ismaddy, MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx , LaDouxTromperie LaDouxTromperie , Codebreaker Codebreaker , laybaeby laybaeby , Jellyon Jellyon , Darkhan Darkhan ,

She stared up at him, her arms crossed at the man in power standing on the balcony. She listened to his words- carefully. She looked around for her father, spotting him in the middle of the crowd in his church attire. She approached him with wide arms and they embraced as the Mayor walked inside and the crowd cheered around them.

Kai Clarke

Kai Clarke wasn't at the Mayor's address. Well, he wasn't far away from it. He was working at a coffee shop a few streets over and hating life. He had just gotten the call saying he hadn't gotten the apartment he wanted which upset him. He needed to get out of his father's house. Kai was slowly dying in there. Luckily he didn't need to go back home until later on so he didn't have to worry about his father's rage.

He was shaken from his thoughts by a customer, ordering a two lattes and a cappuccino. After serving up the drinks, collecting payment and tips, he carried on staring into space. The coffee shop wasn't huge. It was a small buisness and a larger coffee chain's store was a few street's away and everyone went to that one instead leaving Kai alone again as someone (the other barista) didn't show up to work this morning. He sighed and looked at his phone. It wasn't like he'd have much to do at work anyway.

Fluer Jackson:0815 Fleur woke up and rubbed her eyes as the morning sun peered into her room. She smiled and sat up, stretching out the joints in her body. She got out of bed as she continued and made her way to the bathroom. She went through her bathroom routine and once she stepped out of the shower, she wrapped herself in a towel and headed to her closet, where she chose an outfit for the day. She dressed in it and headed downstairs. She braided her hair and finished by the time she made it to her dog's bed. Ellie sat up from her resting position and started panting in excitement. Fleur smiled and petted her dog.
"Morning, sweetie!"
Fleur fed Ellie her breakfast and once she was finished, she put her leash on her.
"Let's go to work."
They left the house and Fleur walked to the coffee shop. She tied Ellie to the bike rack and went inside, getting in the line

c602e42f2b7c23559b71fce0002a5418.jpg

95a30210ad80ab7721b8538cac562418.jpg

Shae Moore

8229196.jpg

She yawned as she stared up at the balcony, listening to the mayor's speech. Her father dragged her out her, again, to listen to the mayor. He was always concerned about the policies and politics going on in town, but she could care less. The mayor always held announcements about the most uneventful things, so she always attempted to skip out on such occasions. Although, today she had a good excuse; she had to work. With a sigh, she began her walk over to the school district. All the while, she pondered over her thoughts of the future. Her parents always bothered her about taking over a shop in the business district, but that was of no interest to her. But, she couldn't use that as a valid argument. She was pressed to figure out what she'd be doing and who she'd spend her life with. But hell, she was contend being a librarian and living easily right now. Shortly, she arrived at the library and clocked herself in. Then, as she did every work day, she organized the returned books back onto the correct bookshelves.​

Walter walked out of the Mayor office and sighed, even though he was a mayor it bored him to speak in front of the public. "Hey guys, I kinda wanna go get a book out from the library" The officers decided that was a good Idea and they were on their way. On route to the library, Walter thought of what he would have done if he hadn't been mayor. 'I'd be a police officer' he thought "Sir we've arrived" said one of the officers. Walter walked and waved off the officers. He noted the Librarian. "Hey, where the TinTin books?"
Interaction laybaeby laybaeby

She and her father walked hand in hand towards his Church. She had always been fond of the nature that could be found in the town, and she stared at the trees and the fallen leaves that laid upon the sidewalk. Eventually, they reached the entrance gate and her father held it open for her. She smiled, thanking him, and walked inside. She was surrounded by stone figures of those important within the bible. She never really believed in it- she was just supportive of the path her father decided to take. They opened the large Church doors, finding a few people praying and a singular person giving a donation. My father thanked him and began a conversation, and she walked up to the organ. She touched the keys with her small fingers, pressing down on a low note. The dust from the unplayed organ began to collect on her fingertip, and she wiped it off on her pants. She turned towards a photo that hung on the wall, a picture of her mother. She smiled, and she could almost imagine the once beautiful laughter that boomed throughout the church and her beautiful singing voice whilst she was cooking dinner. She decided her time would be more well-spent if she had gone to the library. She kissed her father's cheek and walked out, waving to those praying. She eventually found herself at the door and she swung it open. She saw the librarian and the Mayor conversing, so she quietly closed the door and subtly walked behind the shelves to avoid interrupting.

laybaeby laybaeby Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay

Kai Clarke

He got through a few more bland customers before noticing a girl at the coffee shop who looked around his age. He didn't know if he'd served her before. Faces tended to meld into a few generic ones eventually. Her outfit was on point though and she clearly knew fashion. She was pretty. He moved from the cup section to the ordering counter and called for the next customer to walk up.
Codebreaker Codebreaker

Walter decided to call the coffee shop and order a coffee "Hi can I have a Trim Latte with extra milk and sugar?" Walter asked, "Guys, we're stopping by the coffee shop on the way back." Walter asked, as he got out some books.

Kai Clarke

He smiled at her, "That will be $6.40 please. To go or to stay, miss?" It was then that the phone rang. He apologised to the girl and answered it but didn't do the actual speech you're supposed to do. He just wrote down on a piece of paper what the girl and the guy on the phone each wanted. He spoke into the phone, "When will you be arriving sir?"
Codebreaker Codebreaker Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay

Kai Clarke

Kai smiled. The man on the other end of the phone had a nice voice. "Okay. Well I have to serve customers so I'll see you then sir," he said before hanging up and sliding over to begin making his latte and the girl's vanilla chai. He was getting better at being a barista. He was enjoying it a bit more as well too but music was still his passion. He shuffled his phone's music playlist and let the alt rock tracks quietly stream out the speakers. He would become like those bands one day.

Walter arrived at the coffee shop and walked in and said in a sweet gay tone. "Wheres my coffee" People looked surprised to see the mayor in the cafe.

Shae turned to look at the person asking about the books, which just so happened to be the mayor. It seemed she couldn't get away from him no matter how hard she tried. "They're," she began, but stopped as he answered his phone, and just pointed towards the direction of the books he asked about. But it didn't matter since he soon left, anyways. Shortly afterwards, she heard the door open, but didn't catch a glance of the visitor as they snuck behind the shelves. She returned to placing the books back in order for a few minutes. Then, she sat back at one of the main desks and opened up the home web page of the town. There was everything imaginable there; the latest news, deals, and chat groups formed by the people in town. She rested her head on her hand as she scrolled through all the news, waiting for some gossip to appear.
Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay ismaddy ismaddy

She peeked around the corner and ducked again as the Mayor left. She sighed in relief and walked out, staring at the other person. The books that she had suddenly flew out of her hands- damn you gravity- and crashed to the floor. She bowed her head in utter shame and went to pick them up, her curly bangs covering most of her flustered cheeks.

laybaeby laybaeby

Kai Clarke

He went a shade of pink. He was just talking to the mayor on the phone. He shook himself out of it. He was fine. Just give him the coffee, Kai. He finished making it in a cup and put it down on the counter. He spoke, "H-Here Mr Mayor." He was embarrassed and yet he didn't know why.

"Stop your shock, i'm only the mayor. Thanks for the coffee!" Walter wrote down his number "Just in case you wanna hang" and walked out. He sipped his coffee, 'just the way I like it' "Now take me back to my office so I can catch my noon appointment."
Interaction: MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Shae Moore

She glanced up to look around at the library just in time to see someone fall. Their books scattered across the floor. She quickly walked over and bent down to help her retrieve the books, looking at each one purely out of curiosity. She glanced up at the girl, noticing her flushed cheeks, and decided to make conversation to ease her embarrassment. "Ahh, I've read this one before. It's pretty good," she mentioned as she picked up one of the books. She looked over at her again and slightly cocked her head to the side. "Don't you work here, too?" she asked.
ismaddy ismaddy

Fleur She took a step away to let the mayor do his business. She walked to the window and saw Ellie, sitting like a good dog ".

Kai Clarke

His eyes stared at the Mayor until he left. Once that happened Kai slapped himself in the face and called himself an idiot under his breath. He acted so awfully. Being Mayor meant you were practically royalty and being royalty meant you were respected and looked up to and Kai didn't show any signs of that. He screwed up like he always does. He took a breath before finishing the girl's vanilla chai and getting her biscotti. He placed them both down on the counter when the manager walked in notifying an end day's work. "That's on the house," he murmered, "My shift ends now anyway." He took the Mayor's number and walked into the employees only section to change into his normal clothes and grab his guitar and bag. All the while he thought of the Mayor's number. Was it a hoax? Did the Mayor even care enough to give his number to a stranger? He sighed. There was only one way to find out. He took his phone and opened a new contact before texting a certain number.
'Tint Latte with Extra Sugar and Milk. I'll be sure to remember it in the future. >_< '

She slowly nodded, the red in her cheeks fading. "I mostly keep to myself, though." She mumbled, standing up with most of the books in her hands. She looked down at the book she was holding, smiling. "Hemingway's writing is beautiful." She gave a small chuckle.

laybaeby laybaeby

Fleur She graciously accepted her order and walked outside, meeting with Elle.
"Alright, sweetie. Let's go to work."
She untied Ellie's leash and walked with her to store. She looked up at the sign.
The Bare NecessitiesShe smiled and unlocked the store, letting Ellie in. Seeing as it was a warm day, she walked to the windows and opened them. Ellie sat by the kid's play area and laid down, waiting for kids to play with.
Fleur walked to the door and flipped the sign from closed to open. She walked to the counter and turned on some candles, then started drinking her coffee.

Here's some images of the shop:
bf7e40_9a02962cc3eb4929987bfd32e1ee2f20.jpg_srz_540_593_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

5f80c414b71b26b3f417112c168c4bfe.jpg

00narvarte_tarot.jpg

The kids section is one of those small play houses.

Walter got a text saying something about his coffee choice. 'yay' Walter texted back and said 'If you want we can go and have a coffee together, as friends?' and sat down waiting for his reply. "Sir, someone's here to see you"
"send them in" And started talking to the HRS

Kai was about to leave work when he recieved the text back. He smiled slightly and texted back, 'if by coffee you mean hot cocoa then I'm down. It's kinda ironic how I don't like coffee.' He was about to close his phone when he remembered that he never actually told him his name, 'I'm Kai btw.' He closed his phone and left work to find a place to busk. He went to the family park in the home district first. It was an easy place to go. There he set up his guitar and started to play a few songs. This was his dream. Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back