• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Seed of Life - Interest Check

Effervescent

Rests Chin In Hands
C5LGPO4.jpg

It's been two hundred years since the kingdoms last saw peace between those with magic and those without. With the following death of the land's peacekeepers, known in legend as Dragon Wardens, humans allied with orcs and drove those with magic from their lands in fear of the power they could possess against them. As time passed, animosity grew between the two societies.

Not but three years ago rumors passed through the lands of a Dark Army rising, a society of Shadow forming within the Twisted Woods once again. The rumor grew to reality as they slowly crept out from the woods, kidnapping innocents for nefarious purposes and slaughtering those who resist. Magical beings began to feel a threat upon their magic as it grows weaker. And then, as the Dark Army grew in number, the threat became too grand to ignore. Humans, orcs, and all manner of magical beings must now set aside their differences to combat the Shadow before it consumes the Four Kingdoms.

Now open for CS submissions: The Seed of Life | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

• The Seed of Life will be a character driven story arch where players and their characters shape the outcome of the story. It will be a loose linear format with several set objectives that carry multiple paths and outcomes for the characters. Each character in the story matters and impacts the story with what they choose to do (or not to do).

This will be a detail oriented roleplay.

There will be provided lore to aid in immersion within the lore and universe. Players are welcome to expand with creative freedom where lore is vague pending approval.

OOC communication is important to me. If you have questions or concerns or even ideas for subplots, don't hesitate to PM me!

Real life always comes first with my roleplays. If you are going to be gone due to family or you just don't have any creative juices flowing, let me know!

This is a free standing sequel to my current roleplay The Dragon Wardens. It is not necessary to know/read/participate in that roleplay in order to participate in this plot. There will be allusions, and what has happened and will happen in The Dragon Wardens will come to shape what happens for this plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]*swoons* An Effervescent RP!? Ooooh.

[/QUOTE]
ikr! And a fantasy genre one to boot! Please tag me, Effer!

I'll likely be taking a back seat for this plot and only GM environments and NPCs (and enemies!). That way everything is completely up to the players and I just carry out my dark bidding with my posts.

CrazyCritter said:
Very much interested. When do we start?
Whenever there's enough interest to start the thread and open it up for CS submissions. I have all the necessary lore written out. It just comes down to whether or not I'll have enough players willing to submit CSs.

I'm looking to have it up by the weekend if I do see interest, and then starting it within a week's time.

I'll be away this weekend, and won't be able to get on much (Save for my phone) -- but I am most definitely interested, still ! :)

I'm in, and seeing by the posts above, I'm guessing this is going to be one of those higher tier rp, so I want to give this a shot!

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I'll be away this weekend, and won't be able to get on much (Save for my phone) -- but I am most definitely interested, still ! :)

[/QUOTE]
No worries. You'd have plenty of time to write up a CS. I'm not planning on setting a limit for who can join, at least for now. I doubt it'll be popular enough to where there'd be too many players. The plot will lend itself to being more open for players coming and going.

Glad to see more interest!

I'm definitely interested in this!

nice to see some of the Magistone crew here :)

I am absolutely interested. And let me just say, it is very refreshing to see a roleplay where it portrays orcs as an intelligent race and not just some mindless war freaks.

I'm surprised orcs would never be portrayed as intelligent after the warcraft series,but then again I'm an old fan of blizzard. :P

Count me it, the premise looks great. But I don't know anything about this dragon thingy.

Edit: The censorship on this site makes me laugh. I'm uncultured LOLOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:
CrimsonEclipse said:
I am absolutely interested. And let me just say, it is very refreshing to see a roleplay where it portrays orcs as an intelligent race and not just some mindless war freaks.
[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]I'm surprised orcs would never be portrayed as intelligent after the warcraft series,but then again I'm an old fan of blizzard. :P

[/QUOTE]
Orcs in the lore of the prequel to this plot (The Dragon Wardens) are a society closed off from humans and elves due to past wars. They're located in the northeastern regions, and each settlement was self sustaining. They'd mostly done territorial wars for expansion more towards the east until propositioned otherwise. I figured since the orcs were self sustaining and closed off from the other cultures and societies for so long, not only would their economy have to be a little different, but they were likely more intelligent than the fantasy stereotype, and thus probably advanced differently and more quickly than the rest.

So probably at one point during the major territorial wars hundreds of years ago these orcs were the barbarous fantasy types. But since they exist hundreds of years down the road with a significant increase of number, I just couldn't really picture them being anything but very intelligent.

I feel like Warcraft orcs are more intelligent that Tolkien orcs, but that's another discussion entirely.

Warcraft orcs are more intelligent than Tolkien orcs, though Tolkien orcs do seem to be tougher and fiercer. Though Elder Scrolls orcs are more intelligent than Warcraft, but of course, the ES orcs were once elves, so yeah.

I didn't know that about the Elder Scrolls orcs! Interesting. I'm not too familiar with that universe. But I enjoy breaking away from typical tropes when I can make it work, like with these orcs. I feel like Tolkien really set the standards for a lot in the fantasy genre. I'm taking a direction sort of like how RR Martin designs societies in his stories. You don't just think about the plot, but the setting and how it functions. I think World of Warcraft brushes over that concept without thinking too much into why their orcs are the way they are and how Orgrimmar came to be and why it is a central hub (in terms of lore and not in terms of convenience in game) or what influences are where, etc. Where do they get their materials? How did they educate their engineers to craft their siege weapons? Who handles the lesser sides of their economy like architectural design or tailoring? Was their choice in Orgrimmar's location a strategic decision or just based on where a settlement began? What about politics and how it impacts the society? So on and so forth. These sorts of things aren't often relevant in a story. Most of the time orcs are the enemy and all we need to know is "they're strong and they're warriors and they're going to die so the heroes can be heroic." But what makes them the bad guy?

I could go on.

I've got a character I've been playing with and im curious as to how she might fit here. Hmmm....

Count me in. Even if my first Idea doesn't work I always bounce back with another xD

It looks like I'll be launching this plot sometime tonight or tomorrow. I will tag everyone who has posted here once I am ready to receive CS submissions and post the link here on this thread for anyone just now coming in to check the plot out.

@Effervescent im working on mine atm an though i had one character planned another one decided to boot her way in. Let's see how this goes. O.o

Yeah. everyone panic. Im doing a NORMAL HUMAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back