The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
... If it were an amateur... five hours? He was not sure he was mentally prepared for be sitting there for three hours, doing nothing but watching Luna measure his various limbs. But, seeing as he get himself into this mess (and it could possibly disappoint Luna that she wouldn't be able to make him armor, she seemed so excited with the prospect) he just endured. It wasn't as if it was the worst thing in the world, even if it was a bit of murder on his mind from boredom. Physically speaking, it wasn't taxing at all - he was still extremely fit. He would be tired by the end of this mentally.

When the first break came, he let out a heavy sigh and began shaking him. He stood up to his full height, taking the opportunity to stretch each of his individual limbs to their fullest. He even leaned his front half downwards to work any kinks out of his back. "I... can see why you ponies are sore all the time." He muttered. He sat down, twisting around to bite at an itch on his flank. "Sitting there for so long does awful things to your back."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna was busy doing her own thing while he spoke. She had a tiny piece of metal, around the size of her head, and was using her magic to mold it into shape. She was going to create an approximation of Gunnolf's armor with this model first, and then afterwards get to forging the real thing.

She molded the statue to fit what information she'd gathered so far, which was his legs and tail. "Hmmf. What? Oh right yes, yes..." she glanced over at him momentarily. "I suppose sitting around would cause a mortal discomfort? Your muscles can be rather soft at times. Hmmf...." She glanced back at the statue. "... I think I will have a very thin layer of metal running along your tail, since it's your spine, but nothing heavy...."

She laid down the half-finished model and turned back to him with quill, ink, paper and string all at the ready once again. "Shall we?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf rolled his shoulders, moving his head and neck around. Those were the final little parts of him that were still all stiff, and once that was cleared away, he was feeling much better than he was a few moments ago. He eyed the statue that she had constructed in the likeness of his own body. It was a little bit strange to him, but he'd seen weirder.

"Hmph," he hmphed. "Well this mortal is plenty tough enough for dealing with having measurements taken." With that, he came back over and sat down, leaning over towards the statue and sniffing it, tail flicking idly from side to side. "Well, it would do good to protect my tail. I do need it for balance." He sat up straight. "Ready when you are."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
The next two hours were pretty rough. Luna started by measuring his face, which took the longest of all. She had to get each curve angle down perfectly. While she was measuring with the string, her other magical hand was busy sketching down the measurements and now another magical hang was busy molding the figure into Gunnolf's shape. His head in total took an hour and thirty minutes.

The torso on the other hoof, didn't take her long at all. She measured his length and then around his torso in various areas; especially around the back where his armor would rest. Soon enough she was done. She held up her statue proudly; it now was a completely identical copy of Gunnolf, even down to how his fur looked at the moment. "Done! I'll have the armor ready for you in... 2 days? I'll make it a priority."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He really couldn't help just feeling a little tired after that particular experience. Sitting perfectly still for her - or standing up when she needed it - was a thing in of itself. It was rather annoying watching her create a statue of himself... it also extremely creepy. While she had taken his particular measurements, especially around the face, he had to force himself not to scrunch his face up many times simply because he was glaring at the copycat. He didn't like it at all.

When she was finally done, he got up and stretched once more before shaking himself firmly. "Guh, I hope I never have to do that again." He mumbled, staring down his copy. He glanced between it and Luna, only now realizing exactly how large he really was. He'd never paid that much attention to the difference before, but now that he had a bit of perspective on it? She was rather tiny compared to him. And he was tiny compared to a dragon. Jeez...

He went back to where he was laying before, flopping down onto his side. "Alright. I can definitely tell you, though, is that I now realize I don't like statues." He grunted slightly. "So, what now? Just waiting for you to complete the armor now?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"You poor thing. Are you scared Mr. Gunny here is going to replace you?" She held up the statue and wiggled it in front of him. "Well, unfortunately I need it for this armor. I'd like to create a tiny replica and make sure it fits properly before moving onto the bigger project." She teleports the statue, and the workbench away to Celestia-knows-where.

She then smiles and waves. "Now if you don't mind, I am going to go start on that. See you around, Gunnolf! I'm sure I'll be able to find you once the armor is complete." She glances him over, and then vanishes in a puff of darkness.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He huffed. "I just don't like the idea of there being two of me." He watched the statue disappear, along with the rest of the things she summoned. He was not about to question it. He was questioning it a lot. Damn her.

He rolled his eyes and leaned over, giving her another big dog kiss before turning over onto his other side. "Have fun, Luna. I'll be around here somewhere." He replied as she disappeared.

Panzer Panzer
This isn't a test. I could look through your mind and find out for myself, but I do believe that would be a horrible incursion upon your personal space. Expellix shook his head lightly, though. The creature was not very good at hiding their mind and thoughts from others. He was like an open book. Unfortunately, you're not very good at mind games, are you?

With a sigh, Expellix slowly lowered 109 back down the ground. Even when he touched the floor and 109 was now free of Expellix's grasp, he kept his paw up, shadow energy crackling along his paw still, palm held accordance of 109's chest. All things considered, a shot to the head would do just about any creature in if they weren't naturally armored, or had protection against magic, but a chest shot was more reliable, and you could not argue against the efficiency of piercing somebody through the heart still. It was more fun, too.

"A pony is an intelligent creature that rules the land of Equestria. They have two princesses that govern the cycles of the sun and moon, and are commonly referred to as goddesses." He recited to the android... thing. "You're a pony, or at the very least, part pony. What were you made for?"

It would be a horrible what? on my what?
The strange voice seemed to spew sentences that would never make sense to 109. Although the description made some sense, he was generally taken back by the weight of the thoughts. All of this new information seemed to make his head spin.
All he could do was watch in bewilderment as he was lowered to the ground.

It took him a moment to recollect his thoughts again, as he was caught in a thought induced daze. His eyes looked mostly to the world around him.

After a moment of witnessing the beautiful lands that surrounded him, he mentally pulled himself from his dream. He looked to the small bunny with a small and light grin. He was happy with his new adventure.

He caught the rest of his mind- along with his memory- shortly after. His grin was dropped for another curious expression. he
searched in his thoughts for the answer, but he couldn't much remember what he was made for. All he could remember was the dark and dank stone room he was held in, and the occasional check-up from the two ponies. Although one of them did say that he was made to protect, he couldnt tell what he was supposed to protect. All he knew was the training he received were mostly aimed to kill others upon command.

He looked to the small fur-ball with a unsure frown, shrugging while silently thinking.
I dont know...
Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
It was mid-day; the birds were singing, the flowers are blooming. It's a perfect day for a picnic. On days like these, wolves like Gunnolf...

Were bored as hell. He really needed to get out of these gardens more, because honestly, there was only so much you could do in them before you decided that you cannot think of anything else. He was actually growing pudge from how little exercise he was doing nowadays, which was a travesty on its own. He was sure everybody else would enjoy a fluffier twenty foot wolf, but not he. He was a predator, and he was not meant to grow fat and old!

He gave a small huff in contempt, laying on his back and leaning forward, poking at his belly slightly with a paw. This was simply terrible and not in the least bit amusing. He was pretty sure that if Luna ever found out that he was worried about getting fat she'd probably laugh so hard she'd accidentally misplace the moon in the sky. Which is exactly the reason why he has said nothing to her. Celestia had a bit (understatement of the century) of fluff to her flanks, so, er... not a good candidate.

There was somebody who would know, though. "SILVA!" He telepathically shouted. "SILVA, I NEED YOUR HELP."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Silva was currently resting about three feet away, under the ground. When he started shouting, she was snapped awake and rose from the ground like a zombie. "WHAT?!" She snapped at him unamusedly, before she really noticed who was calling her. "... Oh, hi Gunnolf!" She said while walking over and patting him.

She chuckled and jumped up on him; her new sleeping place. She curled up there and closed her eyes. "Did you know you're getting fat? You're totally more comfortable now. So just... Keep getting fat, please."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf's eye twitched.

"I do not want to be fat!" He cried, rolling over and sitting upright. He kept staring down at his stomach as if it were the worst thing ever. What wolf in history was fat in any sense of the word? When he was in the Everfree Forest, there was no possible way this would have happened to him. He was always active and about, doing this or that to live. Now, it was irritating to see himself getting out of shape.

He grumbled a bit, pouting. "It does not fit me at all. Is there somewhere I can actually run around in? This place is tiny." He looked down at her. "Please?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"... You're in Canterlot. You're big, but not that big. I'm sure you could find somewhere to run around if you really wanted too. Unless you've become so lazy that you don't even want to look around anymore?" She folded her forelegs over her chest and just shook her head. "Besides, I can't teleport you yet. We could wind up in a tree! If you really wanna run, go do laps around the castle."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"I don't believe Celestia or Luna really would like it if I went lumbering about in Canterlot. Nothing here was actually made with something like me in mind." He replied. His paw alone is as big as Luna, for goodness sake. He could hardly fit through doorways as it was... could you even run laps around the castle? Did it have some path around the edge of it?

He scooped Silva up and put her on his back. His fur was more than fluffy enough to rival a cloud! "I suppose I can go look once more. Isn't it just plains below this city, though?" He distinctly remembered something like that.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia was currently in the Lunar Guards gym. It probably wasn't a good idea considering she was injured, but she had to blow off steam somehow. Seeing the images of the Griffin War all over the news bothered her. She was cooped up in Canterlot, while the rest of the Equestrian forces were off in Ponyville protecting all the injured ponies there. She felt completely useless. And while she knew deep down that she had been injured for a good cause, that didn't make her feel any better.

She stepped away from the punching bag, layered with sweat and panting quite profusely. Her hooves had punched holes in the punching bag in several places, and now sand leaked out of it and onto the floor.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak entered the Lunar Guards gym after a bit of persuading of one of the guards; she had been looking for Aurelia. The bat pony had missed the time that she was supposed to come home, worrying her a little bit. She knew fully well that Aurelia was entirely capable of taking care of herself, but she was still injured so anything could happen. With this in mind, she went looking, and she figured that Aurelia would be here somehow.

Luckily, she was right. The mare was delivering some fierce brutality upon the poor punching bag. She stood a few feet away, watching the sand trickle out of it for a few moments before tentatively speaking up. "Aurelia?" She called. "Are you alright?" There was a hint of concern in her voice.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia punched the bag a few more times, before her brain registered Starstreak's voice. She paused and turned around, wiping some sweat from her brow. Although she was injured, it wasn't really that serious anymore. She still couldn't use her wing but most of the other injuries on her body had healed to the point of just being scars now.

She looked at Star in surprise, "Star... What are you doing here??" She asked before looking at the clock on the wall and face-hoofing. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see the time. Must have gotten distracted." She grabbed a nearby towel and wiped her face down, before nodding to Starstreak. "A shower would be good right now. Head home? Oh food first though."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Star wasn't even concerned with the clock anymore. Aurelia wasn't normally await, in fact she seemed quite diligent in always being home on time. She still didn't know Aurelia as well as she would like, considering the fact that they were so intimate with each other already... there were so many mysteries. They'd need to fix that at some point, but perhaps now was not the time.

She nodded her head slowly. "Yes, we can do that," she agreed quietly. "But you didn't answer my question. Are you okay? I don't recall you ever being late before." Maybe she was just overreacting... probably was, but then she had some reason to be worried, right? Conflicting thoughts aside, she frowned. "Should I wait for you outside?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Merely letting off steam." Aurelia said while discarding the towel in a nearby bin with a rather nice throw. "I want to be in Ponyville, with the rest of my friends. Not... here. It just annoys me a bit, is all. Nothing serious." She smiled a bit, her usual toothy grin, and then tugged on Starstreak's wing. "Come on, let's go. I could go for a sandwich or something. And a beer. Definitely a beer."

The two of them walked out of the Lunar Barracks without any incident and soon were on the street.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Star gave a short nod. Of course she was overreacting. She didn't exactly agree with Aurelia going to Ponyville for obvious reasons, but damnit, she was allowed to be selfish for once. She just didn't want to go through the prospect of Aurelia possibly not returning home, seeing her get injured repeatedly was heart wrenching. At least they were here together for now... Aurelia would probably be getting shipped back out soon.

At the tug on her wing, she followed her marefriend out into the rest of the city. She considered the options for a moment, figuring they might as well go somewhere that isn't very fancy. Aurelia hadn't showered. "We could go to that cafe you took me to on our first day together," she suggested. "Does that sound okay?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia looked over at Star and nodded ever so slightly. "I could go for that. Although I think the folks who ran it before are retired now, so I doubt they will love me there now..." She said with a little sad chuckle as they walked through the rather barren streets of Canterlot. Considering it was about 7AM, it was absolutely dead on the streets.

Aurelia and Star made their way to that cafe and, indeed, there were new ponies there in charge of it. They took one look at Aurelia and said, "You must be Aurelia! We heard all about you..." That brought a smile to Aurelia's face.

A few minutes later and they were seated and served. With a discount, of course.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
She had never grown any sort of relationship with the original owners so Star wasn't that sad to see them go. She did think back to her initial reaction to them... she really was so bitter then, huh? Not a whole lot had changed but her general outlook on life. It had grown increasingly more positive since she and Aurelia had gotten together, which was great. She had judged others so harshly back then.

Seeing Aurelia smile got a goofy grin on her face, though.

Star looked over the menu for the cafe, wondering just what to get. It had changed a bit since the last time they had come; a few things added, a few things removed. It was only sad that she didn't get to try all of the things that were removed beforehand. Something on there might have been really good! She clicked her tongue in thought. "I think I'm going to go with the veggie sub." She decided. She wasn't particularly hungry.

The purple hippogriff set her menu down, looking at Aurelia. "What are you getting?"

109 focused on the bright fiery inferno infront of him, seeing the carnage that he had caused. The once elegantly build house was now up in flames. He didnt know how or why, but he didnt much care.

He felt something brush against his front leg, something cold and fleshy. Investigating below him, he found the carcass of what he assumed was the owner of the house. To his surprise, the carcass was covered in large holes, made from bites or stabs, sitting with a horrified expression on it's face. 109 Took a moment to think about it, and in his moment, he began to taste something chilling. It held a strong metallic taste that stained his tounge. He didnt know what it was... but it gave him a sickly and satisfying feeling. His starvation seemed to end that night, as he would find a new source of food. ponies.

And so, 109 began to bite into the tasty meal. He wasnt going to let the body go to waste. It had seemed it's troubles were over. As the light of the fire illuminated and warmed him, 109 finally began to feel the pleasure of eating once again.

(Call the Royal Guard! Oh noes!)

Panzer Panzer
The faint sound of metal hooves on the stone grew gradually louder. Tech had been making the rounds he was told to as normal, when he noticed a small column of flame coming up. Of course, it was his job to check out what was happening in the town. He didn't want to call for backup, at least not until he had figured out what was happening. Turning a corner, he set eyes on the scene. A house, blazing with fire and silhouetted against the fire was a strange pony, bent over, doing something. He couldn't see exactly what was happening, but a small amount of dread was at the back of his head as he picked up the pace, only a few house lengths away.
"Hey!" he called out to the figure. "You see who did this?" He asked, still a bit away.
Then, it dawned on him. The thing below the pony was... Another pony? He'd pick up the pace again, and would probably make it there shortly. He wanted to find out what was happening, as soon as possible. It could be bad, after all.

Last edited:
109 was enjoying his meal, when he suddenly began to hear...something...over the crackle of the fire. Somepony was shouting, which immediately took his concern. He looked up from the corpse and squinted through the ash , scanning the scene. He couldn't see much, but he could hear the shouting over the fire come ever so closer...

His fears soon became true. Something was targetting him, charging him from an unknown direction. This stung him, like the ash in his lungs, knowing that he would have to abandon his food...

No, he refused. He could not abandon such a reward. He had to come up with something ...and fast.

109 Reacted almost as quickly as he thought of a plan, springing it into action before any prior thinking. The creature bit one of the forelegs from the dead pony and began to drag it along , turning himself around to run. The body was quickly dragged along the ash stained grass, scraping it against the soil and creating a small and faint trail of blood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back