The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I can train you." Luna said with a nod of her head. She looked down at Expellix before turning and walking away a few steps. She seemed to be thinking about something. "Yes... Yes, I will train you. The best magical training in the world, short of Celestia. I cannot teach you how to heal any better, but I can teach you how to reserve your magical power."

She turns again to look at him. "In exchange, I merely ask one favor. To be called in at any time, should I need it."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix gave her a hard look. Train him? While he wasn't sure he could really turn down an offer such as that, there must be something more to it than just that. Why would anypony take him as an apprentice over somepony else? He was just a bunny far too old for his own good.

"... Why?" He asked, shaking his head. "Forgive me for my disbelief, but it just... why me? Why not somepony else?" He asked. "I'm not declining, just... it doesn't really make sense to me. I'm just a bunny."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"To be honest, I think having a bunny apprentice is just super funny..." Luna blurted out before she could really stop herself. Whoops.

"... And also, I think you have a lot of potential. You did a lot of good on the battlefield with minimal training. Now obviously, my first apprentice and concern will always be my daughter, but I can train you as well. Teach you to conserve your magic and teach you some spells. Perhaps even show you how to properly use a dagger given your size."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix frowned heavily at Luna, obviously not amused. He didn't really have the patience for jokes at the moment. He wasn't really sure how to take this still, having the firm belief that accepting the offer as it stood would be a bit of a blow to him. Deciding to take him as an apprentice because she found the idea funny wasn't really ideal.

He sighed and nodded his head slowly. "I see. I suppose I accept, then." He closed his eyes. "I guess I need to survive the next battle, and then the war, huh?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
She just grinned at his frowning! It wasn't her fault that she found bunnies cute... And a killer bunny was probably the funniest apprentice one could ask for. "Seeing as how you are my apprentice, I have two gifts for you. The first is because you were having trouble on the battlefield finding a weapon..."

Her horn flashes and a dagger appears. It was sheathed in cold, and made of plain steel. She handed it over to him. "Cold enchantment, obviously. This second gift is a bit more important for you." Her horn flashed again, and a necklace appeared. It had a gold band with a slightly glowing sapphire as the pendant. "This is what we call a spell storing. You can cast a spell into it, and recall that spell in a pinch if you must. It also will slowly regenerate your magical reserves at a quicker rate than normal."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Well, who needed useless pride anyway? His eyes practically lit up at the sight of the dagger, taking it from her and giving it a few good slashes. It was heavy but he'd get used to the weight eventually. "Yes! I have a stabby!" He cheered, and then narrowed his eyes at it. "I'm naming it Froststabby." He decided. Everybody named their weapons, right?

He took the second gift with much more care, seeing how it was a necklace and not a sturdy dagger. He looked it over curiously, turning it over a few times in his paws. That was interesting, being able to store a spell in this... and the second part of it would be very useful. He did go through a lot of magic.

"Thanks," he murmured, glancing up at her and putting the necklace on. He wasn't sure what to say.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
The necklace shrunk until it was fitted snugly around his neck. If he concentrated on it, he could loosen and tighten the necklace with his mind. It responded to the wearers needs and would be rather useful in a battle. "You're welcome, Expellix. Maybe someday you'll be fit to spar with my baby girl, although I'm not sure that's a terribly good idea. How about we go and let you cast a few spells with that new necklace, and you can see if you feel the magical recharge?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He tugged on the necklace slightly when it shrunk, a bit uncomfortable with the change. He didn't want it too tight, so he just willed it to loosen up a tiny bit. It grew slightly longer in turn by small amounts until he was satisfied with it. He tapped the sapphire on the necklace.

"Not sure its a good idea for any mortal to try and fight an alicorn, not without some rather strong magical artifacts or something." He snarked. He certainly wasn't planning on fighting an alicorn any time soon. "And sure. Couldn't hurt."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Scared of an alicorn who's not even a year old yet?" Luna chuckled softly and smiled down at her new apprentice. A moment later and the two of them were standing on a hill outside Ponyville, after Luna teleported them. It was on the opposite side of town away from the griffin army. As funny a teleporting them into the army would have been...

"Give it a test." She said while taking a seat and watching.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"I'm sure that even at year old she's more powerful than me anyway..." he muttered.

After being teleported, he just looked around without much idea as to what to do. What exactly was he supposed to do, just fire off some random magic to test the magical regeneration of the necklace? He wouldn't have had an issue if there was not a princess of the night sitting there, watching him. This was awkward.

Eventually, he just turned away and fired a strong bolt of dark energy into the sky. He felt the drain on him and waited to see if he felt anything. It was a bit before he felt any difference really, but it was something. "Okay. It works."

The creature looked on as the scene unfolded, visibly rethinking his choice of following the mare on this trip. 109 also caught his new friend's glance out of the corner of his eye, returning it with his same concerned expression. He wasn't angry or visibly irritated, but he did give the look of concern.

He stopped in his tracks shortly after. 109 did not dare to step any further than where he was. Although his stomach was still growling and his engine still ran of fumes, his brain refused to let him go there. The imminent threat that he felt overtook all other motions.

Comedically, his head sank slightly into his chest-plate, only hiding his lower jaw.
It was a cute attempt to hide- but an attempt at least.

Sinensis Sinensis
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Last edited:
Panzer Panzer

Zephyrus realised she needed to do something to get 109's trust, and also realised that prison was not going to work. She'd have to just keep him busy instead. That should keep Canterlot safe.

"Let's go somewhere else!" she said aloud, leaving and heading into a merchant street. There were many restaurants here, a few of which served meat, but they were empty since the war started, as their customers were usually Griffins and Dragons. She entered the first one, and gestured 109 to follow. The restaurant owner was surprised that he was getting customers, surprised that one of them was a Solar Guard who promptly ordered not a meal, but 'as much meat as they had' and to send the bill to the Solar Guardhouse. He was equally surprised at the bizarre nature of the second customer, and quickly retired to the back. While he was preparing the meat, Zephyrus sat down at a table (On the floor. Pony cafes and restaurants don't have chairs) and gestured 109 to sit opposite her.

"So," she asked, "Where do you come from?"

The creature felt a sense of relief after such a close call. He couldnt let his guard down, but it felt nice to feel it once again. 109 watched as his friend began trotting away out of the corner of his eyes. He couldnt tell the motion she conveyed, but he decided to follow her anyways.

As they began to travel, 109 noticed a large gap between him and the mare he was following. The distance was growing steadily from the difference in their speeds.
109 pushed himself to a running speed to catch up. As soon as he caught up, he slowed down to his regular walking pace and began to daze off into the surrounding world. This reocurred multiple times.

As the trip came to an end, 109 felt exhausted. He didnt take time to admire the building, but instead, kept his sight on the mare. He was almost determind to follow her. She had gestured him to sit down, which he hastfully did.

109 rested his head on the table for a moment, lifting it up quickly to face the mare once she had asked a question. He simply looked to her with silence, as he couldnt speak. He thought for a moment before he realized : she didnt know.

The creature held up a hoove to signal to the mare of his intentions of demonstration. shortly after, he turned his head to the door and let out a demented roar that sounded much like a wierd and metallic wheeze. It wasnt something a regular pony-or any creature for that matter- could recreate.
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Panzer Panzer

Zephyrus listened to the inequine noises this strange metal pony and realised that pony might not have ever been the right word to describe this creature of pony form. She did know that it couldn't speak Equestrian, but could understand it fine. She reached inside her armour for an arrest book and quill, and flipped to the back page. She slid both items to 109.

"Can you write? Maybe you could tell me by writing?" Zephyrus enquired, before glancing her eyes up and them making some room on the table. "after you've eaten, of course!" she added, smiling, as a large plate stacked with raw meats was placed in front of 109.

Tech spent most of the first night of the battle patrolling the streets, mostly because he was slightly paranoid. But, when he got the chance he would sit in the Broken blade and read through a spell book he had found before, and now was one of those times. The slight green glow of his eyes emanated from the a corner of the room, his head buried in the book. He was actually pretty invested in an explosive spell, though he was pretty hooked up on a few details. He just stared blankly at the same page, thinking intensely and not really paying attention to anything else going on in the room.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

109 wasted no time in devouring the meat, leaving the once vast feast to be bone. It was quite easy for him to rip the meat off the bone, having the three razor-sharp teeth in his augmented jaw that could penetrate even the bone itself. It was unnerving to say the least.

109 was on his side by the time he had eaten the rest of the scraps off the bones. He had fallen asleep, resting after such a feast. Even the engine's rumble had quieted down to a low hum. His small chest panel had given away to the ground, swinging from it's hinges and landing with a gentle knock.
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Last edited:
Anonmare Anonmare Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
(Set after the final day of the Ponyville Battle)

"What did you say we were doing again?" Shining Armor asked to the two mares walking ahead of him, for the eighth time in two minutes. Luna looked back at Shining Armor, over at Celestia, and just sighed. He was worse than their kids. "For the last time, we called for a meeting with you and Cadence. That's all I am saying." She said with a tone that made it clear Shining Armor was starting to get on her nerves.

He finally took the message and decided not to ask that again. Although apparently he also was annoyed with the lack of an answer. He was a Prince, dammit! That meant he was entitled to answers. Or at least, that's what he thought. Celestia and Luna certainly didn't have to tell him anything.

Luna, Celestia and Shining Armor quickly climbed the stairs up to the meeting room, which was really just a lounge room. This wasn't some serious military meeting, so it was meant to be relaxed.

Luna had forgone any sort of royal jewelry just for this occasion. She was bare furred, except for the cutie mark on her flank.

Luna entered the room and sat on the couch, while Shining Armor sat on the one opposite her. Cadence should be arriving soon.

Sinensis Sinensis
When Tech finally snapped back to reality, he'd find a small filly sitting on the stool next to him. She was staring at him blankly as he read the spell-book, although her stare was broken by the fact that she was spinning slowly on the stool. Every time she spun around to face him, she'd keep staring.

She was light brown colored, with a darker brown made and a stripe of green through the middle of her mane. She had a pointed horn on her head, and wings on her back which were curled up.

When the stool finally finished spinning, she stared at him and said, "... Explosion magic is bad."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

After a few seconds, the sounds of running hooves was heard on the stairs. Cadence arrived. She was not wearing Royal Jewellery, though she was still wearing a necklace and had done her hair up. Even after all this time, and becoming a Princess herself, she still though of Celestia and Luna as her rulers and teachers, and showed respect to them not as an equal, but as a loyal subject.

"Sorry I'm late, Your Highness! Your Highness!" she exclaimed, bowing to Celestia and Luna, before trotting over to kiss her husband on the cheek and sit beside him. "Hopefully I didn't miss anything!"

Panzer Panzer

Before 109 took any notice of the paper and quill, it fell asleep the moment if had finished eating. Zephyrus was a little put out by this, and pouted, but quickly realised that this worked in her favour. She got up and lifted 109 over her shoulder and left the restaurant.

---

109 would wake up later, in a very secure jail cell. On the other side of a sheet of bulletproof glass was Zephyrus, now no longer wearing her armour. With her long chestnut hair on display now, she actually looked pretty, if 109 had any concept of prettiness. She also looked weary and tired, like she'd been here the whole time, waiting for him to wake up.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Princess Celestia was, like every other Princess here, sans any ornamentation or jewellery. For the moment she was just Celestia and not Princess Celestia. Whilst she could understood Shining Armour's frustration, there was a good reason for the question dodging even if he didn't know it yet. It was important for him to be in the know but he was still only a Prince-Consort, it wouldn't do to have a Princess outranked by their spouse.

Celestia took a seat upon the couch besides Luna and not a moment later, young Cadence came running along the stairs like if she didn't know better, Cerberus himself was chasing her out of Tartarus. “Please Cadence, this is an informal meeting between friends and family - We've known one another for long enough that you don't need to call me your highness when we're in private.” She said with a gentle smile, chuckling lightly at the affectionate kiss she gave Shining Armour.

“Now that we're all here, Luna and I have a big announcement that concerns the both of you, and a favour to ask of you young Mi Amora Cadenza.” Celestia said, using Princess Cadence's full name. If she was calling her by that then it ought to be serious. “But first, are you feeling comfortable? A drink perhaps?” Celestia asked, wanting to make sure everything was calm before they gave the announcement.

Tech was so focused, he didn't really notice they were there, until they spoke. He didn't make any vocalizations, but was definitely caught off guard, accidentally throwing the book a little in the air, and juggling to catch it with his hooves, eventually catching it with his magic with a rather unimpressed and embarrassed look. He'd place the book on the desk, and turn to look at whoever he'd made a fool of himself in front of.

With a little confusion, he'd find a filly beside him. Looking around, the room seemed empty. They probably had a good reason to be here? With a mental shrug he'd turn back attention to the filly, raising a nonexistent eyebrow at their statement. "How so?" he'd ask, before quickly adding on "-and how long have you been here?" He found it pretty surprising they'd had the chance to look over his shoulder and check what page he was on. They probably wouldn't have seen from there, unless he had been spinning without noticing it, too...
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"Hello, Cadence!" Luna replied, getting up from her spot on the opposite couch in order to walk around and give Cadence a big tight hug. Cadence was family, after all; even if it was only an adoption into the royal family and they shared no real blood. "Celestia is right by the way; drop the titles. I personally hate titles! They sound so formal. Definitely not to be used between family." Luna said with a chuckle, while walking back to sit on the couch beside Celestia.

She cuddled up to Celestia's side and summoned in some refreshments just as Celestia was asking if they needed any. A teapot, four cups, and some freshly heated crumpets with butter appeared on a silver plate and was placed on the small table between the two of them. Luna poured each of them a cup, although she let them put their own ingredients in.

Except Celestia. Luna knew exactly how she liked her tea and put all the extras in for Celestia before handing it to her with a grin.

"... So what exactly did you want to speak with us about? Or rather, what did you have to ask of Cadence?" Shining Asked while taking the cup of tea from Luna with a gracious nod.

Luna bit into a crumpet, looked over at Celestia, and simply nodded. "You go ahead and tell them. You know them both better than I do." She whispered telepathically through their connection.

Sinensis Sinensis
"I've been here for a few minutes! You are really oblivious." She said with a cute innocent smile. She then motioned to the book and shook her head slightly. "Explosions are bad. They hurt forests and animals. Why do you wanna hurt animals?" She asked with a tilt of her head.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Celestia accepted the tea graciously, as expected it was exactly how she liked it, even down to the number of times to stir it with a spoon. “Thank you Lulu.” She said with a grin and took a sip before sighing relaxedly. She looked to both Cadence and Shining Armour beneath a composed mask of composure but, internally, she was as nervous as a bowl full of jelly in an earthquake and only millennia of carefully gained and tested practice were keeping her from shaking like a leaf. She placed her cup upon the table between them and nodded imperceptibly towards Luna, though she'd have spotted the motion.

“Well there is no easy way to say this, so, I may as well come out and say it...” Celestia began, though she didn't look immediately different; anyone who knew her could tell she was nervous from the small details, her word choice being one or the deep breath she took through her nose. “Luna and I are in love with one another.” She said, not stalling any longer like removing a plaster band-aid. Shining Armour was not in the know at all and, out of the two, it was his reaction she was most concerned over. Hopefully it wouldn't be anything... Extreme.“And we're going to get married, and we'd like you, Cadence to do the honour of marrying us.” She continued, not waiting for them to process that last part.

Tech would look still pretty confused. "Do you mean I'm going to go around exploding trees, forests and animals? Because I'm not..." He'd say, definitely looking confused and a little offended. "Anyways, at the rate that I'm going at, I'll never figure out how to do it..." he'd add with a shrug. He was also just noticing that they were, in fact, an alicorn. Wings, horn. He paused a second, searching as much as he'd read about alicorns. as far as he knew, there were only about... five? He decided not to think so hard on it, or he'd probably blank them and not get the chance to learn about them. Though, for now, he just stared, looking confused and not really knowing whether to ask about it or not.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Anonmare Anonmare

Cadence hugged Luna back warmly, and nodded at both Celestia and Luna's words. "my apologies Y-Celestia and Luna. I still see you both as my teachers and rulers first and dear friends second, even after all this time. But you are both my dear friends despite this."

Cadence made herself a very sweet tea, and sat down again besides her husband. Celestia's sudden declaration surprised Cadence, not because when didn't know, she was the Princess of Love after all and in all the fifty years or so she'd known them, she'd picked up on the fact that their love was more than just that between siblings on her own which was part of the reason shewas chosen as the Princess of Love in the first place, but because of how blunt the declaration was from the usually diplomatic Celestia.

But the honour of marrying the Princesses, that was an honour Cadence coild not pass up as the Princess of Love. She clapped her hooves and stood up, beaming. "Yes!" she cried. "Of course I'll do it!"

Sinensis Sinensis
The alicorn filly stared right back at him with big green, unblinking eyes. Once she was satisfied that he was telling the truth, she grinned and simply said, "... Good! Forests don't wanna be blow'd up!" with a wink at the end to finish it all off. Although she could sense that he was withholding something from her, and she frowned slightly at that feeling. "... You okay mister?"

"We're getting marrrrrriiieeeeeed!" Luna cried out at almost the same time Celestia announced it. She just couldn't contain it! She clopped her front hooves together happily and beamed a smile at Cadence when she heard her say yes to the offer.

Shining Armor was, unfortunately, not quite as excited as Cadence or as calm as Celestia. This was all news to him, and it was news that he was not about to take well.

The hot tea that was in his mouth ended up all over Luna, since she was sitting across from him. "Ow!" Luna exclaimed while shaking the tea off her coat. Her and hot things did not mix well. She could bathe in arctic waters for fun, but any heat was unbearable.

Shining Armor didn't either didn't register that he just spit hot tea on Luna's face, or didn't care right now. He just looked at Celestia, Luna, and then over at Cadence and exclaimed, "... What?! You knew about this? And you're... Okay with it?! That's disgusting!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back