The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

"Just because I'm not a living being doesn't mean I have a disregard for life..." Tech would state with a shrug. "And I've never heard of an alicorn that fits your... appearance." he'd add, a little awkwardly as he tried to use the right words without causing offense or sounding strange. Thinking about it, maybe they hadn't noticed he was a robot. After all, he hadn't lit any candles or turned on the lights, as he didn't really need to.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sinensis Sinensis
"Oh..." The filly furrowed her eyebrows and frowned at the pony in front of her. "... Well, my name is Silvanus. Princess Silvanus! I guess maybe you don't know me cus I am just around a year old? But everypony knows me and my sister! We are Luna and Celestia's kids. Have you been under a rock?"

Tech would give a smile "Well, it's nice to meet you." After she was finished with what she was saying, seeming a little awkward as he replied "Basically, I don't even remember anything before a few months back..." With a shrug. Deciding to change the subject, he'd ask "Anyways, all princesses have a symbolic thing they are in charge of, right? What's yours?" After asking this, he looked at the book on the table again. he picked it up and placed it into a side panel on his body, before closing it again and facing back to them.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Anonmare Anonmare

Cadence's smile slipped and her eye twitched, and she held up her hoof. "Could you excise us for a second?" Cadence chimed, before grabbing Shining's foreleg roughly and dragging him to the other side of the room. The moment their backs were turned from the Princesses, Cadence's smile disappeared and Cadence looked pissed off. She never looked pissed off.

"Your views aside, and we will come back to them in a second," she whispered harshly, "you just told the Princesses their love is disgusting straight after they announced their marriage happily. I'm sorry, but what in Tartarus is wrong with you?!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Celestia was about to share in Luna's excitement when, quite unexpectedly, Luna took an expected splash of hot tea straight from Shining Armour's mouth. Were he not family, even if only by marriage (and Cadence being by adoption), Celestia'd probably have thrown him out of the room. Literally thrown. “Are you alright Lulu?” Celestia asked gently, fussing over her fiancé. It was only tea, but, her affinity for all things cold and icy had left her diametrically opposed and sensitive to all things hot.
Celestia herself was the opposite way round, she could dive into scalding waters in excess of over hundreds of degrees and treat them like hot bathes, but ice on her skin felt like someone running a knife down her skin.

After making sure she was okay, she gave Cadence and Shining Armour her full attention. “Take all the time you need.” She replied to Cadence, giving a slight glare to Shining Armour. She could understand his shock and surprise but his accident had lost some points with her, nopony or body hurt Luna if she had a say about it.
She didn't mean to pry but she could hear Cadence's harsh words catching in her ears. She turned to Luna with a cynical smile. “Honestly his reaction wasn't as bad as I thought it would be” She whispered to Luna whilst using her magic to dry off her face. It was a good thing they could heal quickly, it might have been a disaster otherwise.

Sinensis Sinensis
"Symbolic?" Silvanus tilted her head slightly and was obviously very confused. She had an extremely good grasp of language for such a young filly, but she was still just a young filly. The word 'symbolic' evaded her. "Uhm... I think you mean what am I good at. Like, a cutie mark? Like how my parents are good at daytime and nighttime?" She scratched her head and shrugged. "I don't got a cutie mark yet. But mom says I am supposed to be a Nature Goddess or somethin'!"

Anonmare Anonmare Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Luna was glaring daggers at Shining Armor. Had he not been married to Cadence, he would currently be on his way to the hospital with a variety of broken bones. Unfortunately he was 'family', and that meant Luna had to play nice. For now. If he ever did something like that again, no amount of being Cadence's husband could save him. Family or not, that hot tea hurt. That would have hurt any regular pony. For Luna, it was slightly worse. Not lethal by any means, but it did damage her skin.

Luckily she had pain tolerance like no other. And her healing factor was working so quickly that it didn't even appear as if her skin was damaged at all.

"I am fairly certain that was the worst reaction we could have expected." Luna whispered back to Celestia, looking at her with a frown. Luna was all kinds of not impressed right now...

... Shining Armor on the other-hoof, was in the middle of being scolded by his wife. He blushed furiously and sputtered a few times, unsure of what to even say. He could tell this was serious, because Cadence looked pissed off. She never looked pissed off. Shining Armor looked away for a moment before finally looking her in the eye and whispered back, "... I'm sorry for my blurt out, but I was shocked. The point still remains, though; it's gross. And how in Tartarus are you okay with it? I get you're the Princess of Love, but sisters. Seriously, Cadence? No opposition by you?"

The cold and damp smell of the air filled his lungs.A familiar scent that sent shivers down his back and a warm feeling in his mind. 109 smiled in joy, anticipating the moment of seeing his old room again.

After a moment of excitement, he finally grasped enough courage to open his eyes. The eyes were dim and yet still illuminated, leaving a yellow tint over an area of darkness. He looked up to find a mare- not one of known familiarity. She had the same look of someone he knew- almost like a feeling of rememberance without directly knowing the person or place. She did look like his newest buddy- but the stranger was missing something that he couldnt quite remember. He fept the electifying feeling tople down on him like buildings, eliminatijg his once joyful feel. He felt the same feeling that he has aquired over this adventure; Worry and Fear. He froze in his place, awaiting for the stranger's next move...
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Cadence had calmed down a little seeing that Shining looked guilty and apologized her. That was step 1. Now Cadence was merely cross, though she was never cross either.

"I'm the Princess of Love, Shining Armor. It's literally my job to be okay with all kinds of love, though even when I first found out about it I was still okay with it. Celestia and Luna are thousands of years old. They're more than just sisters at this point. Just try and imagine the bonding that two ponies would go through being together for that long. 'Love' might not even be a strong enough word for the bond they share, but it's the best one we've got. Now, here's what you're going to do. You're going to trot back to the Princesses and apologize profusely for your outburst, and getting hot tea in Luna's face. Okay?"

Panzer Panzer

Zephyrus stirred back into alertness, and now sat up straight, smiling. "You're awake!" She beamed, before turning her back and saying something to a pony just outside the room that 109 couldn't see. She then returned to 109. "I've just asked someone to go and get you some food. I've also got some Solar Guards looking around and trying to find out where you came from. You fell asleep the moment you ate at that restaurant. You must have been tired!"

As much as she hated to admit it, Zephyrus was starting to get attached to this childlike creature. When they eventually found where it came from, part of her will be sad to see it go, though she could always go and visit that place during her free time, she supposed.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Well... He could have tried attacking us both.” Celestia whispered in response, even if that would be suicidal tendencies of the highest calibre. Suicide by Princess could probably be considered a thing if you attacked them with the fire or ice – they both hated their diametrically opposed elements with a passion. And Shining Armour hadn't attacked them, unless you counted Shining Armour's tea faux pas as an assault upon Princess Luna."I honestly expected him to shout a lot more, he always gave me the impression he was the shouty sort." She confided, giving Luna hug with the isnide of her wing.

Celestia was trying her best to give Pricness Cadence and Shining Armour the space they needed to sort out the situation between the two of them. She could tell from their tones, however, that Princess Cadence was bringing her husband around, though whether she was making a permanent impact only Shining Armour knew the answer to that.

Shining Armor just sighed.

He wasn't okay with this, not at all... But he was at least going to accept it. That was the best he could really do at the moment. Eventually he would come around and be okay with it, but for now they'd have to settle with him begrudgingly accepting their love for one another. Although he was married to the Princess of Love, he wasn't quite as open minded as her. He was okay with nearly anything, but not this.

Plus, what was he going to do about it? Tell Equestria and start a massive revolt? Nah. He was angry but he wasn't crazy; and he certainly didn't want Luna or Celestia hunting him down.

"... Fine, I'll apologize." Shining Armor whispered back to Cadence, before turning around and walking back over to the couch. He sat down, paused awkwardly for a few seconds, and then looked at Luna and Celestia both in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry for my earlier outburst. This is.... strange, but I can accept it in due time. And, uh, sorry for burning your face, Luna."

"Hmm...." Luna hums out while grabbing a fresh cup of tea...

... And then throwing it on Shining's leg. His fur would stop it from doing any serious damage, but lord it hurt. "OW!" He cried out, before grabbing a napkin and wiping it up.

"... You're forgiven." Luna said smugly, leaning back on the couch.

Cadence squeezed Shining Armor's hoof as he apologized, and she whispered to him. "Thanks for apologizing. I know you don't like it. You don't have to like it to accept it."

She couldn't help but chuckle a little when Luna got her own back on Shining Armor and then accepted his apology, but even so, she started fussing over him, making sure he was okay and wasn't burnt. She was no longer cross at Shining Armor. It was clear that Cadence loved Shining Armor with all her being in spite of his few faults.

She turned back to the Princesses, smiling. "So, when do you think the wedding is?" she asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Celestia frowned at Luna disapprovingly but otherwise said nothing in support or against her pouring her hot cup of tea on his foreleg. In her defence he had done it to her, even if unintentionally, and it definitely hurt her a lot more than it did him. But still, it was kind of a dick thing to do. “Well, I'm not going to physically harm you, your apology is good enough for me.” She replied to the Prince-Consort to the Princess of Love.

As an olive branch, Celestia conjured up a misshapen ice cube (she wasn't so good with anything ice-related) and offered it to Cadence to rub on his mild burn. “Well, we aren't too sure yet.” She said to Cadence, they had talked about it and what they wanted but didn't commit to any particular date. “We want it to be soon but we don't have a specific day determined yet, do we?” Celestia said, turning to Luna to corroborate. Maybe she might have had a sudden epiphany at that very moment about what day they should do it on.

"What even is that..." Luna replied, glancing between the misshapen ice-cube and Celestia in disbelief. "It looks like a triangle..." Luna sighed before taking the ice-cube and reshaping it to her own specifications. It took her about half a second to reshape it into a hollow oval shape that Shining could put over his thigh, and it was complete with a little ice-bow on the top. Very cute!

Luna was really good with ice related things.

"We are getting married in a month." Luna said while looking over at Celestia with a raised eyebrow. "Didn't we discuss this? Oh well, I'm sorry. I must have come to the realization and never told you..." She scratched her cheek and shrugged. "I figure, the griffons will need to set up camps outside Canterlot before they can properly begin an assault. During one of the days we have free, we will be holding the wedding and party."

Tech simply nodded thoughtfully, half stating, half thinking aloud "I guess that's why you were concerned about me blowing nature up, right?" Looking around the empty room again, he couldn't help but wonder something. "so, what made you take interest in me? Other than the magic book, that is..." He asked with a shrug. He could only guess what had made them come here, let alone come into the tavern and notice him. He reasoned it would be pretty dangerous for a one year old to be here.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Cadence was about to take the rough pyramidal ice cube. It didn't matter to Cadence what shape it was as long as it was cold. Then Luna objected and changed it's shape so something more graceful. It even had a cute little ice bow. Cadence couldn't help but chuckle at the behaviour of the Princesses.

"In about a month? That makes sense, and gives us plenty of time to make the arrangements. I take it the ceremony will be in the throne room? How are we going to order all the furnishings with the war going on?"

While originally hesitant to leave his friend, he knew that he had been longing for his "Family" back. The only problem was: He was not wanted....

The two scientists were mainly stunned by their ability to locate their hidden base, and remained tense for the entire conversation. When they were asked "Did you lose your....Child(?)" They had looked to the guard in a shocked or horrified expression. They finally asked to discuss this amungst themselfs, whispering to eachother. they backed away from the wooden door and turned to eachother.
"I thought you killed him."
"I did! He must've..."
"-Must've what?"
"I dont know!"
"Welp, we are currently being questioned by Guards, and behind us we have about 7 years of illegal and immoral research..."
"We could just say that we dont want him back..."
"What? no, that wouldnt work."
"just deny it- say it isnt ours."
"alright...I'll try."
The mare stepped back up to the door as her brother left the doorway completely. she would try and convince the guards that it was not their "child." While her brother would be gathering their things in preparation of ditching the lab. Things had suddenly taken a turn for the worst.

Sinensis Sinensis
"I saw you readin' and then I saw that it was about explosion magic! Then I had to make sure you weren't goin' to use it to hurt nature. That's really da only reason I spoke with you... But now I think you a cool pony! Cool like my mom, but not quite as cool as her! But kinda close!" As far as her tone was informing, it told Tech that what she said was likely a rather large compliment.

Despite denying the ownership of the monster, 109 was still brought back to the lab. He seemed so excited to finally be home again. But what awaited him inside, quickly ended his happiness, excitement, and any other feeling or motion all together. Not long after he had been given back to his "family", the lab lit up for a brief second. a loud bang shook the walls, and moved the air around it.
That was the same sound as a flintlock pistol.

It appeared that This time, the siblings made sure of 109's death. He was quickly dropped into the river once more, where his body would sink to join his brothers and sisters. That was the last of him.

(sry if it seemed low quality. I had taken a small brake from the rp to destroy the writer's block in my mind- only to realize that
A: I couldn't
B: that I've been holding up the rp.)
(this is the end of that character.)

Panzer Panzer

The report from the guards who checked up on the lab hinted at suspicious behaviour. 109 was taken back to the address and confirmed it was where he came from with his happy reaction.

That night, Zephyrus was relaxing in the barracks, hoping that 109 would be happy now, but suddenly something shot through her mind. A kind of sadness and dread that she couldn't explain or identify. Something bad had happened, but she didn't know what. That night she cried herself to sleep without knowing why.

(poor 109! D: )

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Celestia rolled her eyes at Luna's mockery of her own attempt at making an ice cube, she couldn't make ice very well, okay! Now if you needed something warm or otherwise hot for her to make now then that was different. “The war with the Griffons has thrown something of a monkey wrench into our plans, it certainly wasn't expected.” The Princess of the Sun said with a regretful tone of voice, but it had simply been beyond their control. It wasn't as though they could have predicted that the Griffon King would wake up one day and declare war with Equestria.

Nopony could've.

She turned her attention to Cadence who was, quite rightly, asking the right sort of questions. “We were thinking about a chapel or a church, preferably one with a large window that can see the Sun and the Moon. We weren't planning on having overly extravagant decorations or ceremonies but we can make the furnishings if it really comes down to it. This is just... Too important to us.” Celestia said, turning her attention back to Luna and sighing happily. Shining Armour had been awfully quiet whilst nursing his burn, she hopedh e would not bear a grudge.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Anonmare Anonmare
"Tia and I come from humble beginnings, and we would like the wedding to reflect that. I have asked Rarity not to make our dresses to extravagant and I would like the wedding itself to remain much the same. Some simply but beautiful wooden tables and benches will do. The ceremony will be indoors, probably not even in Equestria. We won't do it in Canterlot because there's too much attention, and doing it out in the country is too dangerous. Tia and I will pick a spot and set a teleportation circle for that location. Leave the furnishings and location choosing to us, and we will get the guests there."

She chuckles a bit, "So the ceremony will be inside and the after-party will be outside. The church we choose will already have seating so that's no problem, I will craft some appropriate wooden benches and tables for outside. I'll leave the flower decorations to Silvanus and Salacia."

Cadence was impressed. "You've thought out every detail, haven't you? There won't be many arrangements to make! At least not ones that I could help with, but if you need anything, anything at all that's in my power, please let me know!"

Cadence turned her attention back to Shining Armour, who she was applying the ice cube to. "Are you okay, dear?" she asked with a concerned nuzzle and a kiss to his cheek.As much as she felt he had deserved that, she did not like to see her husband in pain, no matter how small.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf stared out straight ahead, eyes unblinking. He laid there in the gardens, across from a garden who was doing much the same thing. It seemed as if the royal guard and the great wolf were locked in a staring contest; both of them were looking straight at each other, unsure of what to do. Gunnolf had gone there to lay down. They had ignored each other's presence at first, but soon, it turned into this.

What a strange turn of events.

Eventually, the royal guard blinked and suddenly Gunnolf smirked and cheered. "Ha! I win!" He boasted.

The guard rolled their eyes at him. "I didn't realize we were having a contest, wolf..."

Gunnolf pouted. "How could you not realize that when we had been staring at each other, not blinking, for the past minute?"

He didn't have a reply to that. Sighing, Gunnolf laid his head down on his paws, feeling defeated. And here he was having fun...

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Yeah, how could you not realize it was a staring contest? Are all the guards this daft?" Came a voice from behind the guard, who immediately blanched. He didn't need to see her to realize who that voice belonged to. Luna was standing right behind him. He sloooowly turned around, only to come muzzle to muzzle with her staring right back at him. "... Go be a guard somewhere else." She said before pointing at the gate, where he quickly ran through.

She approached Gunnolf and rubbed his shoulder with a smile. "How's it going, wolfo?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf raised his head, leaning sideways to look at Luna. He had a mischievous smirk on her face when she agreed with him, watching the reaction of the guard closely. He was probably scared shitless at the princess suddenly appearing. When he left at her order, his eyes sparkled.

"Oh, don't mind him," he said, nudging her side affectionately. "He's just a spoil-sport because I won. I am quite alright, though! And you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back