The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"Oh, that?" she looks back at her bandages and just frowns. "The cuts on the neck are nothing. The doctors are just being dramatic and saying I have to wear that bandage. The cuts on my wings are..." She pauses and then just shakes her head. She didn't want to talk about that. "Let's just say I'm an earth pony without the earth magic."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"I'm not sure if they will heal." She said shortly. It was fairly obvious that she didn't want to talk about that with Arcus. And of course they have magic!" Aurelia motions for Arcus to follow them as they walk through the gardens. Most of the gardens were normal plants, and a few rare magical plants from the Everfree Forest.

There were also completely newly created plants that shone brightly and were obviously created by the young Princess Silvanus. "Unicorns have regular magic, Pegasi can walk on clouds and control weather. Earth Ponies are a lot stronger than us all, haven't you noticed? Good luck shoving an earth pony who has braced themselves. Not to mention I think they use innate magic to grow plants..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sensing that Aurelia wanted to move on from the topic of her wings, Arcus walked beside her in silence until she brought up Earth Ponies. The beautiful flowers of Canterlot Park were very apt for this conversation, Arcus thought to herself.

"I never thought about those as possibly being magic. I always just thought they were naturally bred stronger and were good at gardening and farming. Shows what I know about ponies. All I was taught as a child was Pegasi, Pegasi, Pegasi. And also combat."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"You sound like one of those ancient Pegasi from waaaayyy in the past before all the pony races got along. Not that my kind existed back then or anything. What was their main city called, again?" She paused and scrounged her brain before coming up with, "Oh right! Anekdotos. Means 'unyielding' or something? Although that city is now Cloudsdale..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"Well, my parents are very old fashioned. 'Purity of the bloodline' and everything. I'm practically required by family law to have a son from a Pegasus who's a warrior. Every day I've been in the Solar Guard, I've been trying to do my legacy proud, but I'm also really pleased. Really pleased that I'll never see my dad again. Is that a horrible thing to say?"

A purple mare was sitting by an old moss-eaten wall on the leeward side of Canterlot. She wore a black-hoodie despite the temperature but short-shorts as she dnagled her legs out of the shade and tucked her hooves into the sand she kicked up at her feet. The warm summer wind sweeping up all the smells of the valley under the city as it came to grace across the stone summit. The smell of ripe grass baking in the afternoon haze and the burnt edges of hay. The smell of the lake tinged with barbeques and the last wafts of the delicate flowers before autumn would see to their decline. It was the smell of Equestria at peace. For now...

Meanwhile at the other end of Canterlot, a great tower had been erected, three entire car-board boxes high in the middle of the road. Its sneaky occupants darting out and grabbing snacks from nearby foodstands and carts as the Evil Foxes got bewildered and mildly adaawable looks from those nearby. Inadvertently drumming up business for the very places they were stealing from as kids came to watch the silly animals

Avedon Avedon
Soon, a shadow casted itself across the shade of the wall the mare was lounging under, darkening it slightly more than normal. A massive wolf's head peaked itself overtop the wall, its pink eyes scanning the area for a moment before disappearing. It was only briefly, as the wolf leaped over and came crashing down onto the ground on all fours, shaking the ground underneath him. He straightened up, shaking his shoulders. It wasn't much of a difficult jump for him, all things considered, he was nearly as tall as it. He hadn't taken notice of the pony who was sitting in its shade yet, taking a seat himself, his tail curling in a way that the tip nearly touched her hooves.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Mmm...?"
Nightfall noted the shade oddly bulge out behind her, in the opposite direction the clouds should be moving. She slowly tilted her head up but saw nothing there. She shrugged and stretched, her eyes slowly shutting in an adorable yawn that shook down her whole body and was punctuated by the faintest meow....turning into a giant yeowl and scream as the ground shook and Gunnolf vaulted over to her side. She didnt even recognize what the mass of fur was at first but a ssoon as she did she tried to back-scrabble out over the wall, actually clearing a few feet before sliding all the way back down to her spot
"....Uh.....AHHHHHHHHHH!~"

Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf actually jumped slightly when something suddenly screamed behind him. His tail swept swiftly over to be closer to his body. He turned around to look in the direction of the noise, his ears swiveling in that same direction to hear it better. A small purple mare... trying to apparently scramble their way up the wall. He moved slightly, putting a paw out to catch her fall, but stopped himself.

"Er... I'm sorry," he rumbled telepathically, his ears lowering slightly. "Is this spot taken? I didn't realize you were there..."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
There was a mercy in him being telepathic. He didn't have to oppen up those massive jaws to speak and show her just how easily he could snap her up...actually wait, that was worse. Why wasnt he opening his mouth? Could he see in her mind? Could he see into her SOUL?! Her tail stood on end and she felt an intense cold in the shadow that stood at stark contrast to the actual heat just a few inches away.
"I...I...Uh no..."
She said breathing heavily

Nightfall reached into her hoodie and pulled out a tiny Luna-plushie...made of Luna's actual hair and plus!)
"The power of blue compels you! The power of blue compels you! Tst! Tst!'
Pushed it at him!

Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf looked down at the Luna plushie. That was... well, he wasn't sure what to make of that. Considering the fact that he lived with Luna and was part of her family, this was awkward. Luna most certainly would not ward him away from somewhere unless he was in trouble, he wasn't allowed to be there, or it was dangerous. He had enough sense to not wander into potentially dangerous areas.

"I... uh... what are you doing?" He asked in confusion. "If you're hoping Luna will make me go away... she's a bit busy at the moment. Plus, I suppose I'm her pet of sorts..." He raised his paw, managing to barely poke the collar around his neck. Considering how fluffy it was, it was mostly covered by fur. Blue with bone markings on it, a tiny name tag which read as 'Gunnolf' on it. "I don't think the power of blue will compel me. I can just move if you want me to."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"....Um...."
Nightfall began to blush. She knew she should trust him. Luna did, but...well phobias weren't rational. It was the fringes of her brain making her imagine his fangs prickling across her skin or his howl popping out her ears...She took a breath and tried to clear her mind
"Y-yeah well...Luna's my...god-mother....heh...GOD-mother :D"

Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf lowered himself down to the ground slowly, trying to level himself out with the purple mare. That didn't do much, because his head was still just as large as her. His paw was as large as Luna. "Luna is your god-mother? Then it's a pleasure to meet you... my name is Gunnolf. I haven't been with her for very long."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
She used both hooves to shake his paw as best she could, standing on her back legs...kinda more dangling off his paw than shaking it truth be told with his manner of strength
"I uh...Yeah! Yeah it is. My names Nightfall. Sorry about that it's just you know, a giant furry abomination....was here just before you! You're not an abomination eheh. Anyways just sorry. There's plenty of spot here for both of us...infact maybe so much we could like...keep a feeeew feet between us."

Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf tilted his head at her, nodding shortly. He hard hardly moved his paw at all, simply letting her do it instead, being that he was more than strong enough to accidentally toss her over the wall, along with several others at the same time. Just like a lot of animals, he could smell her fear. It was understandable, most would have plenty of reason to be afraid of a wolf big enough to swallow them whole in a flash. He stood up once more and moved around, the ground shaking slightly with every heavy pawstep of his. He moved a few feet to her right and laid down in the shade. Half of his body was not covered, sitting out in the sun. He liked the heat but didn't want to get too hot.

A giant furry abomination... He pondered to himself. There were no other giant furry abominations in Canterlot. He would have smelled them as well. "I can sense your fear, Nightfall. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Hey, I poke around pushing ghouls back into their crypts. Why would I be scared of a big...enormous dog. That'd be silly...very silly..."
Her little black rat poked out from her pocket and sniffed the air, scampering up Gunnolfs leg to get to his head so he could sit there and get a better view of the valley!
"Heh sorry about that. So Luna got a pet? How's being a pet like? Is it petter than your old work? Could you just wolf down the food she serves you? :3"

The two guards from earlier came to let the Dragon out of his cell, much to the dismay of the commanding officers getting an earful from Cassian's savior. However once the reached his cell, they were met with a surprise.

"What?! He's gone!", the first one shouted.

The only thing left in that fell was a broken chain that was once clamped onto the inmate's wrist.

"I don't understand, those chains were tempered by the finest steel ingot. How could he have broke them so easily?", the second guard questioned. While little did they know, a shadow with gleaming jade eyes glares at the unsuspecting victims from the cobblestone ceiling.

Upon inspecting the chain, the first guard notices a disturbing incision in the metal. "It...looks it was bitten off", the first guard stutters upon ubservation.

Suddenly, the second guard jumped when he felt something tickle his side. He turned to see what it was. But there was no one there.

"What in Damn Tartarous is wrong with you?!", the first guard yells back in surprise.

"Sss..something touched me", the second guard shivered under his tone, trying to stay professional.

"If you're trying to scare me, that's not funny. We need to find him or the commander is gonna have our hides. She's made enough as it is!", the first yelled back at his partner.

"But...the chains. And how did he get out? The cell was locked. There's no way he could have gotten out! Unless.....", suddenly the second guard was interrupted by the first one yelping.

"DUDE STOP THAT! THAT'S NOT FUNNY!", the first only shouted in a shiver voice. He quickly itched his ear.

"What did I do?! o.o ", the second asked

"YOU BLEW IN MY EAR! I DONT SWING THAT WAY >.<"

"What they fuck! I didn't do that!"

"DID TO"

"DID NOT"

- - - - -

Little did the unsuspecting stallion's knew, thier soon- to- be free Dragon in question was latched onto the ceiling with his sharp claws dug into the rugged cobblestone surface. He looked down at the two guards trying to stifle his snicker with a claw over his snout. Went he tickled the second guard with his tail, that was pretty good. But then it turned into a hilarious nagging rest when he leaned down and blew into the unsuspecting first guard's ear. The entire time, they had no idea he was up there the whole time messing with them.

"Okay. Time for the grand finale.", Cassian whispers with a toothsome smirk. He slowly unhinged his front claws and slowly lowers himself with his wings folded around his body as he hung himself upside down.

The nagging odd couple continued thier ranting until it started to slow down when they felt an ominous presence from behind.

"Oooo. What deliciousssss poniessssesss ", the mischievous Dragon whispered in a dark raspy voice with a lisp.

"No...marrow. For so long. You give me nice big bonesesss", he hissed raising his raspy voice almost like a grow.

The two guard's slowly turned thier heads. When they were suddenly met with a terrifying face with batlike wings glaring out. It had glowing green eyes and a wide daggertoothed mouth big enough to bite a Stallion's face off.

"BLAAAAAAAGH!", it hissed.

"The two guard's coat went from white to completly bleached as they suddenly bolted out of the cell and all the way into the office. Where their commanding officer they followed was suddenly tackled to the ground by his two subordinates screaming like little fillies.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?", the mare General shouted when she looked down at the disarray the lower officer was in with the two guard's. One guard was sitting on his face in a sixty- nine position white the other somehow has his hooves shoved in the other guards mouth. In that moment, the mare General had trouble keeping up her professional deamenor. While her brain was still processing what she was seeing, she was Struggling to keep herself from cracking a smile and snickers.

- - - -

Meanwhile, Cassian with swinging back and forth upside down in his open cell. He was holding his side in cackling laughter, trying not to let his ribs buckle from the spasms they were getting from his bellowing joy of amusement.

"THAT WAS AWESOME XD !!!!", he weezed at the end whe his grip on the ceiling went weak and ended up falling on his head.

"DOH! >.<

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf flicked his ears. "If you say so." He responded quietly, turning his head and watching the little rat make its way up his body. For something so small, it was quite the trek through that forest of fur to eventually reaching his head. He went cross-eyed for a moment, trying to look upward and not tip his head back at the same time. Eventually, he gave up, and shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. I'm used to Expellix doing it." He said, waving the apology away. "Well... it's been great, actually... I'm not really a pet. I'm part of her family. She gave me a home." He did his best to ignore the puns. "I used to live in the Everfree Forest. I was there since I was little, constantly nearly dying just to get a tiny morsel of food."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Nightfall frowned at that, she never enjoyed hearing anything suffering "Really? I imagine that'd be terrible to try to feed something as large as you there....Uhhh..."
She reached over to the side and pulled out one of the bricks in the wall and inside...a little case filled with somehow still hot, freshly cooked sausages and ribs and flank-steaks
"I keep little food caches hidden around for when I get hungry...you want some?"
Said smiling genuinely at him

Avedon Avedon
He gave her a shrug. "It does not matter anymore. Luna saved me after I had gotten into a fight with a Beholder... it was a bit more than my capabilities. I had won, but I was far too hurt to continue on. I was resigned to simply staying out until some other creature had caught me... there wouldn't have been a point in running." At the sight of the food, he shook his head. "No, thank you, I ate before I left the castle. Besides, you'd need something a lot bigger to feed me."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Nightfall nodded and began eating the food
"Reminds me alot of another wolf I met in the Everfree that had taken a nasty injury like that. Only onwe of its pack that survived and I had to drag it back to my house...."
...by the time she finished that sentence she was done with the several racks of ribs already and moving onto the sausages
"I cooooould...bake you a pie? Do wolves die from frosting too or is that just chocolate?"

Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf looked down at his left foreleg. He could still envision the horrible burns that the Beholder had inflicted to his leg. But he shook his head at the offer of pie. "I can eat it well enough, but pony food is far too sweet for me. It makes me teeth ache. I don't know about other wolves because I've never met any other."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"My step-mom was one! Well she liked the form of one...Come on you'd like my food. It's pumpkin! Have you ever had pumpkin? It's not overly sweet. Its like, barely sweet."

Avedon Avedon
Gunnolf looked conflicted for a moment before sighing. "Fine, I'll try some pumpkin." He conceded. "I'm not naturally an omnivore, Nightfall."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back