The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Honestly, Gunnolf was so used to creatures small enough climbing him to sit on his head at some point that there might as well be a reserved seat there for them. It seemed to be what everybody wanted to do. He closed his eyes and harrumphed. "At this rate you would think my head is a chair. I've even had a few birds decide they wanted to sit there."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Cass was taken aback that Princess Luna would actually remember his name, dispite having only meeting very briefly in the battle for ponyville. "Wow, good memory. Must be Years of experience", he thinks to himself. Before he answers back, the first thing he did was something anyone should do when I the presence of royalty.

He takes a step forward and kneels before her while bowing his head. It didn't show in his calm expression, but the young dragon was pretty excited and nervous to actually finally meet one of the rulers of Equestria. Luckily with his experience in getting in trouble all the time, it helped him practice on maintain some composure.

"I...I didn't mean any disrespect in disturbing sacred ground. But....", he ceased for a moment to keep his nervous tone from being should. Suddenly, he lifts his head up to her after taking a deep breath and bravely stares at at her with determination in his eyes. "I don't know why I'm here, but I'm lead to believe I was guided here for a reason. And I'm not leaving until I find out why", he says to her in a firm but respectful tone.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I think I was the first to do this though!" Silvanus said with a grin, although she couldn't really be sure if she was the first to sit on Gunnolf's head. She felt like she was, but she couldn't be sure. Either way the filly sat happily upon the great wolf's head and looked out over the still pond with a smile. "... The water isn't so bad from a distance..."
"... Don't ya tell my sister I said that or I'll send chipmunks to eat you."

Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard
Princess Luna smiled at his bowing, and let him do so. It seemed like such a rare occurrence nowadays to have somepony bow to her like they should, and as such it was highly appreciated. She listened to what he had to say, impressed by the respect he showed but also how he carried himself. She could feel his determination, see it in his eyes, and she that made her nod ever so slightly towards him. "Rise, Cassian." She says warmly with a slight smile on her lips.

"I know not how you have found this place or gained entrance, but I trust that you haven't come here to harm our beloved Tree. As such, I will allow you entry into this cavern with one rule; I will accompany you down to the Tree. Partially for its protection, and partially for your own. When Princesses Silvanus, Salacia and myself discovered this cavern there was much conflict we had to go through to get to it. Giant creatures made of rock, which I have named Tree Guardians, tried to assault us... and I was forced to return them to the earth. They have been inactive ever since, but I cannot be sure if the Tree Guardians are simply dormant or gone forever. As capable as I've seen you are in conflict..." She says, recalling seeing him in the Ponyville Battle. "... I wouldn't wish you to die down there."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He was pretty sure she was the first to sit on his head as well. He didn't remember anybody else do it until she did. "Well, it's at least something." He replied thoughtfully, opening his eyes slightly to briefly look at the water. He liked looking at water, not so much getting wet. His fur just took way too long to dry off. "I wouldn't tell her. I still believe you both should at least try to get along better. Just... stay out of each other's way, I suppose."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Silvanus had nothing to say to that. She was far to young to think anything so complex or worry about social bonds... she just knew that her and her sister butted heads a lot. Usually one would do something simple that would annoy the other, then they'd fight over it for a few minutes before repeating the events. "... Do you think my mommies fought like this when they were young?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf frowned. He had no idea how to answer that question. If he had been alive for nearly 7,000 years, sure, he could probably tell her that. But considering he was only something like 23 years old... "I have no idea, Silvanus. Try asking one of your mothers."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I have!" Silvanus exclaimed with an exaggerated sigh. "I have asked my parents alooooot about that stuff but they never talk about it. Woona ain't talkin' about it at all and neither is Celly. There isn't anythin' I can say either! They just change the... What's the word..." She taps a hoof to her chin and then nods. "Topic! They just change the topic."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He just shrugged his shoulders. "Then I suppose it's a sour topic for them. They might not think you're old enough to be concerning yourself with such things, either. There's a lot I'm sure they don't want to tell you, considering how long they have been alive."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I guess..." Silvanus shook her head slightly and sighed. It didn't make her feel much better, as the young filly wanted to know everything. She couldn't possibly fathom how old her parents were, but she knew it was more than Gunnolf and he was already super old. "You're old, right Gunny?" She asked rhetorically before rambling on. "Do you think mommy would tell you things, then you could tell me?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"I very much doubt she would tell me anything, Silvanus. And if she did, I would not tell you." He responded flatly. Luna trusted him, sure, but she for sure did not trust him enough to relay such bits of her past to him. Why would she? They hadn't known each other for that long. "It would be a terrible breach on her kindness and her trust in me."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"... You're laaaame." came Silva's response, before she slid down off Gunnolf's head and onto his snout. She stood on his snout and turned around to look him in the eye before saying, "... LAAAAAAME!" one last time and finally fluttering down to the ground. "So do you jus' sit around all day? Don't ya crave adventure?!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf scrunched his nose up. "Well, I never claimed to be 'cool.'" He retorted cheekily. He did not even open his eyes, though he did re-position his head so he was more comfortable. "Yes, I do sit around all day. It's enough of an adventure just to try and sleep with so much noise everywhere."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

He kept his stern expression until the night princess softened her mean look into an expression of kindness. Apparantly his respectful gesture managed to reach out to her with a positive impact. He dropped his stern look as when, hut tried to keep himself looking professional as Luna laid out the ground rules of this sanctum. She explained of the traps and dangers he could possibly face. Lucky seems to be on his side for once now that he has an idea of what's to come. And while some of her explanation did bring up some names of other princesses that are unknown to him, he figured it would be best to ask those questions later.

He rises to his feet, reaching around the same height as Luna and gives a soft smirk. "I'd be honored, you're highness. Thank you", he said warmly to her. Normally he would have perfered to go alone, but this sanctum is part of her home so she has every right to lay down any conditions just like when you're visiting someone's home. Besides, it's not everyday you'd get to hang out with a moon goddess.

Once she would begin to lead the way, he'd follow. "So it's true. There really is a tree here?", he asked her looking down the corridor with his ring's light resonating in his chest with the glowing vines carved on the walls.

Last edited:
Princess Luna chuckled lightly and nodded her head as the two of them descended the stairway leading down to the Tree of Life. "A tree? Yes. Two, actually. My one daughter, Silvanus, seems to be attuned to the Tree you will see first. The second tree is directly below that one, underwater. Their roots are connected I believe. My daughter Salacia attuned to that one. Silvanus seems to have some connection to rock, fire, plant life and land-based animal life while Salacia seems to have a connection to air, water, and underwater plant and animal life. It makes sense why the Trees would choose them."

They soon came to the first door. Two large statues, nearly 20 feet tall, guarded it to either side.

I'll let you decide if they come to life and attack or not.

Assailant Assailant
"It's been months since I've had a real moment to just... Relax." Princess Luna said with a chuckle, speaking to Silver who was at her side. This was one of a very limited number of days since the start of the war that she had to herself, and she decided to spend today with Silver. Apparently they had been close friends in the past, and although that past was lost to her memory she sought to regain those memories hopefully.

The two of them were currently walking down the main street of Canterlot. "Have you had ice-cream? It's great. I want some." She said before disappearing into a nearby ice-cream shop. She came out with two large cones; one for him.

Silver frowned. "Ice Cream?" Silver shook his head. "No, I've never heard of it. Arc has been studying the modern world greatly, but between the war and his research into time travel, he has not come to prioritize culture."

He enjoyed being with the princess again. It was somewhat awkward, given that she did not remember him, but it meant a lot to him to see her care about trying. He found himself feeling somewhat antsy: his place was definitely on the battlefield. That said, he was grateful for what leisure time he did get, and being with Luna made it that much better.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Assailant Assailant
Princess Luna handed him a chocolate ice-cream cone, deciding to take it slow and get him used to a simple flavor of ice-cream first. Later on after he had adjusted to the sweetness she would introduce him to more exotic flavors... Like bubble gum cotton candy apple explosion delight...

That's what she had. It was a weird green, blue and pink color.

Princess Luna was quiet for a few minutes as they walked and ate, but eventually she looked over at him and smiled slightly. "Your look is one I recognize. You're uncomfortable without the chaos of war around, aren't you?" She chuckled gently and nodded her head. "I know the feeling, although in my thousands of years of living I've come to handle the quiet times better. But the need to fight is in our blood; in yours as surely as it was in my ponies."

Silver nodded with a gentle smile. "Yes. Well, that, and another thing. During the Shifter War, anypony could be one of them. One had to always be on edge. That instinct still resides, even if that time has long passed." He was generally a quiet pony, though with the princess, he found he could be more open. Still not what one would call talkative, but less secretive. "I feel more comfortable on the battlefield, where you are staring your opponent in the face, than here, where they could be anywhere without your knowledge." He sighed. "Admittedly though, it is nice to simply stroll through town. Reminds you what you're fighting for." Silver looked down at the ice cream and took a large bite out of it before suddenly recoiling and shaking his head. "Argh, what is this!" He was very unused to cold food, after all, refrigeration wasn't exactly around at the time, and that, alongside a growing brain freeze, combined with the rich taste of the dessert, completely overwhelmed his senses.

Assailant Assailant
"... It's ice-cream! I told you that!" Princess Luna says while staring at him in disbelief. She stares for a few seconds before shaking her head and face-hooving. "Ice. Cream. Ice. It's cold. What you're experiencing right now is what the mortals call a 'brain freeze'. Just wait a minute and it'll go away." She said with a little chuckle before continuing on walking. She wasn't really going anywhere, she was just walking around and seeing what shops might be interesting for Silver to look around in. He had been out of the loop for a while so maybe he'd like some of the more modern shops?

Silver sighed and maintained his composure. After a few moments, the pain wore off and he tentatively took another bite. The cold was still somewhat shocking to him, and the overwhelming flavor was a far cry from the rations he was used to eating. "This is... peculiar." He slowly nibbled away at it as he walked alongside the princess. "It is strange how much Canterlot has changed. I remember when it was just a sequence of stone buildings. It was as big as Ponyville..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Last edited:
Assailant Assailant
"The population is a lot bigger now than it ever has been before. Canterlot has always been one of the largest cities in the world, and certainly the most advanced, but back then its population was, what, 1 million? Now we're up to something like 20 million, but in Canterlot alone. Ponyville now has a population of 20,000 or more and that was considered a small city back then. Everything has changed."

Silver frowned. "A population of that size... and to think, we once feared being wiped out." He chuckled. "I guess that means I did my job." He looked over at Luna. "This ice cream has a very... interesting taste. Very potent."

Assailant Assailant
"It's something of an acquired taste for us relics of the past." She said with a smile on her lips. "Truthfully, when I returned from my banishment and found how the world had changed, I was petrified. Ice-cream was the least of my worries. I thought that, perhaps in my absence, Equestria would have fallen. I was terrified I'd find my sister dead, or worse. And even after being cleansed of my anger and brought back home, I was terrified of technology! I still am, truthfully."

Silver nodded. "Agreed. Technology scares me to Tartarus and back. Arc, on the other hand, seems to be bathing in it. He's nearly starved himself to death thrice now just busying himself with research." He grinned. "If I'm being frank, sometimes that stallion scares me more than any creature or invention could ever hope to."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

While Princess Luna explained to the young dragon, all he could is ruffle his mane and spines as he drank in every word. "Two trees....", he mutters when he remembered that suddenly vision he had in ponyville of two trees that are parallel to one another yet connected. Each side governing it's own realm. One side has the Land and Earth. And the other has the seas and worlds within the bodies of water. "Wow that must be some tree.", he comments when his eyes widened at realizing the other side of Luna's explanation.

He stops for a moment when they reached a doorway guard by two large intimidating looking statues. But for the moment, they were not his concern. He calmly allowed a moment to wrap his head around those name the night princess just mentioned. "Um...let me get this straight. You mentioned this tree had chosen you're two daughter. Meaning....there are two more princesses now? And you're a mother?!", he he surprisingly stutters in a calm tone. "Seriously?! And I thought I heard everything! First I find out there's a new fourth Alicorn and now there are two more? Sheesh, are they multiplying now? At this rate they might not have enough space in this land to build more castles.", his thoughts raced. While he thought he had enough questions to ask, the eyes of the statues suddenly came to life. Cassian was then pulled out of his thoughts when he began to notice the green light from the eyes of the statues were glaring down at him and Luna. Particularly, him. Both lights from the statues gazes connect on his stop as if they we examining him. Just then, he felt a strange warm pulsation on his right shoulder. He felt around for a moment and pulled down his coat along with his sleeve. Resting within his scales, was a birth mark of a Dragon with its serpentine body encircling it's body into a knot formation around a tree as if it was defending it like it's treasure. The mark was usually just a dark toned sploch in his brown auburn scales. But now it was pulsating the same green light as the golems.

Just then, one of the golem's light fades. The other's glowed bright and began to move. The hulking statue stomps it's way toward the Alicorn and the young dragon, bringing up it's massive club- like arm ready to smash them.

"Um..I don't normally say this, but maybe we should draw swords and ask questions later! O.O ", he raised his voice at the end when he jumps out of the way in a side clip and rolls into a three legged crouch reaching up for his sword

Assailant Assailant
"... Between us, it still scares me. I can't stand around the train station without losing my mind when I hear a train coming my way..." She takes a deep breath and sighs, before looking at him with a smile. "Don't tell anypony that, though. I'll gut you and send you to Jupiter."

"... Yes, there are two new Princesses. And yes, that means I am a mother. How do you not know this? It was... Basically a worldwide announcement. Everybody, pony, dragon, griffin, or any other intelligent creature, knows about Silvanus and Salacia." Princess Luna said with a chuckle, though she was looking at Cassian as if he was crazy. He was startlingly out of the loop, apparently.

As the one statue begins to move, Princess Luna simply stares at it and tilts her head at the creature. "Should I, or will you..." the 20 foot tall stone golem raises its club and slams her in the side, sending her flying right into the wall. She hit the wall so hard that it left an imprint of her body there, several inches into the stone wall. "... Actually, let's see how you handle it." She mutters while standing up after the blow and dodging the next attack.

She didn't draw a weapon or do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back