The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Assailant Assailant
"Neptune." Luna corrected with a smile. "I threatened to send you to Neptune. And honestly? Right now, I think they are scared. Nobody alive today has really seen me let loose, except perhaps you two if your stories are true. But usually, they don't avoid me. Not like they used too. The Night is much more respected now, so I receive more respect as well. Plus fillies and colts seem to really love me, which drives my sister insane."

Arc waved his hoof. "Astronomy was never my strong suit." Silver nodded in response to Luna's statement.

"Your brutality on the battlefield would strike fear into the hearts of our enemies and inspire the courage of our men. We had feared how much you and Princess Celestia would have changed over these 2000 years, but your grace and prowess in conflict remains unsurpassed."

"Too much has changed. Nice to know someone hasn't." Arc leaned in with wide eyes. "I can't believe these flameless torches and lanterns. I've heard them be called 'lightbulbs.' Can you believe that? Amazing!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Assailant Assailant
"Oh my Goddess I know, right?!" Luna said, suddenly quite excited to be talking with these two. It only just hit her that she had a rare opportunity to learn about this world with two others who were just now discovering it. She'd been back 10 years, yet things still completely shocked her. "Do you want to see something absolutely crazy?? Look at this!"

Her horn flashes, and this appears in front of them;
Pong-arcade-game.jpg

Panzer Panzer
It didn't take much of an assessment from Expellix to figure out the look the pony was giving him. He'd seen it far too many times before, considering he was over 1,500 years old; the look a predator gave prey. Unfortunately for this abomination, however, this bunny was not prey. This bunny was very far from being its next meal.

The only thing that happened was that 109 would be blasted back into the water. A burst of magic from Expellix's paws was more than enough to do that. Afterward, he telekinetically grabbed the pony, lifting him up. He was heavy, but Expellix had lifted heavier things before than some android. His eyes were narrowed dangerously.

"Look, tin can," he growled. "Unless you want to end up as scrap metal, you better reassess yourself quickly. I will destroy you."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Arc and Silver both looked at it intently, Arc much more so. Arc examined it, but everything he saw seemed completely familiar to him, other than the glass plating. "What is that? Some kind of box?"

Assailant Assailant
"No it's not a box. The kids call it a 'video game'. This one is a bit old, but still fascinating! It's powered by a battery which in turn is powered by magic..." She flips a lever on the side, which starts the machine up. The light flickers on, to reveal a black screen with three areas of white light. On the left and right were small 'walls' made of white light, and in the middle was a moving ball.

"This is mine, so it's already powered. Then you use these buttons..." she points at the two buttons on the front. "To control the paddles! Watch!"

And then she starts playing pong.

She offers either of them the chance to try...

Arc and Silver both stare in amazement at the screen. "Woah! It's amazing what can happen in two thousand years!" Arc gladly takes up the controls and begins pushing the buttons. He laughs as the "paddle" moves around in response to his input. He is so enthralled by the movement of the sprite that he lost multiple games simply moving the paddle up and down. Once he had somewhat snapped out of it, he actually tried playing the game, and while he was awful at first he learned fairly quickly and began to get it down, to the point where he could keep up with the AI. He was completely entranced. "What's moving the other thing?"

Assailant Assailant
"I am not exactly sure. I know that the game itself is made up of wiring... Which is..." She scratches her head a bit. "... You may want to talk to a professional. From what I've been able to understand, electricity is harnessed through the use of metal wiring and can be used now to do a variety of effects. One of the first uses of electricity was the lightbulbs that you see around. This game is powered by a magical battery which in turn sends an electrical current through its circuitry, but that's the most that I understand."

Arc nodded, intrigued. He stared at the other paddle, trying intently to outmaneuver it. Finally, he hit the ball with the corner of his paddle and cheered. "Soft! Thou hast been veritably vanquished! Thou gagest mine might, 'twas an err for thee, thou art bereft of thine pride, as thou were when thy fair mother, betrothed as she want, iwis was wooed thusly by me and betrayed her maidenhead to me, cuckolding as the bawd she was!" He laughed at the screen, yelling excitedly.

The air was forcefully pulled from his lungs as he was blasted back into the very water where he began his short-lived adventure. He found himself being pulled back out of the water by some mysterious force, gasping and coughing as the water had filled his lungs. He was thrown into the air and held in place for the moment.

109 wore a shocked and defeated expression, with its once focused and blood-thirsty eyes being replaced with one of fear and sadness. He looked to his powerful opponent with the same look the prey may give it's predator in it's last moments. The whole situation seemed to have flipped on 109 out of nowhere...

The abomination did not reply to the bunny's words, as once again, the fact that he could not speak did keep him from responding. But he did understand the words that the bunny growled, dissuading any further plans to kill this creature.

He was still hungry and shocked from this quick fight, but that didn't cross his mind. He was at the mercy of his opponent.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Panzer Panzer
Expellix kept his gaze coldly on 109, not feeling the slightest bit empathetic for the creature. If 'food' was the only thing it thought about when it gets washed up on a shore and then accidentally saved by somebody when they look at them, he didn't want to know what else was on this thing's mind. It very well could be some chaotic thing, indeed. Regardless, he wasn't going to destroy the thing simply because he did say he'd only do it if it continued.

All things considered, he was still curious on exactly what the fuck he just accidentally animated was. He didn't even know you could accidentally use necromancy from kicking something... unless, this thing was alive from the start and him kicking it just woke it up? Both scenarios are a pretty big 'oopsie' on his part.

Since it didn't answer him, and was obviously pony, maybe a different form of communication was in order. Focusing his thoughts, he sent a beam of it to 109. "Can you hear me?" He asked telekinetically. "Just think inside your head and I'll hear you. What kind of creature are you?"

109 had no clue what was going on, and was even more confused with the sudden voice that he heard closeby. Seeing as his opponent was a bit furthur away than the voice that he heard, it made him panic even further. He looked around himself, franticaly seeking the other opponent -that assisted the bunny and held the voice- at every direction he could. It was only after a few moments of panic that he discovered the new voice was occuring within his mind. This was both confusing and strange for the pony who was just dropped into this new world not long ago. everything was new to him. Everyhing was frightening for him.

What? what is he doing in my mind?
Is this some sort of test?
He asked himself.
Umfortunately ,The question that the bunny asked was unanswerable , as 109 did noy even know what a pony was or what it looked like. All he knew was in a small memory of a clipboard. It held a small list of questions that were filled out. A question that was asked on the clipboard was similar to this question:

What species is your creation?

A Pony (stallion) that has been mixed and augmented with different parts of both metal and other animal minds.

109 mainly sent the picture back into his thoughts, looking over it as the bunny might. It was something he didn't really consider to be important before, so he didnt really pay much attention to it. He finally mustered the courage to respond...

"What is a pony?"
He asked the voice.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf slowly made his way through the gardens of Canterlot Castle, observing the darkness around him. He could see clearly still, his own magical nature and his natural night vision proving more than useful at the moment. Everything was still and quiet, not a single sound, nor any movement save from a gentle wind that occasionally passed by and the great wolf's own movements.

He liked the peace and quiet of the night, but the atmosphere was still anything but that. He knew exactly what was going on at the moment, far away from Canterlot, and it had him a little worried. He doubted there was really any reason for him to, considering that he was in the capital of Equestria, a capital that was guarded by two goddesses... he couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if he was still in the Everfree Forest. What would the griffons do if they had found him there?

It was an interesting concept to him, war, but also the most disgusting thing he could possibly imagine. Being a creature of nature still - an intelligent one, at that - he understand the balance between life and death. In time, all hunters came to understand that. That's simply why war was so revolting to him, the mass amount of death... he knew restraint in the hunt. Perhaps he was thinking about this wrong, though.

He paused at the crest of a hill, climbing to the top apex of it and looking up at the moon. "What do you think of it, Luna? War?" He didn't really know if there was actually anybody around him at the time. He was just assuming at this point, she tended to show up at random intervals.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
The moon shone slightly brighter for a moment, and then a bright white light descended from it. It dropped like a shooting star and as it got closer, it took the form of Luna. She spread her wings and glided to a graceful landing in front of Gunnolf. "... Heyyyyo!" She says while holding her hoof out for a hoof-bump. She didn't care if his paw was the size of her, dammit. "War, eh? Interesting question. It has a purpose, but the purpose is usually something that can be worked out instead of fought out. But fighting is necessary in maintaining harmony... That's something I've come to terms with."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He watched the falling star with a small chuckle, reaching out and bumping his paw against her hoof gently. "Hello, Luna." He greeted promptly, smiling slightly. "I've never been able to figure out quite why you ponies go to war with each other, but then it is possibly something that's simply beyond me." He slowly stretched out, laying on his belly. He patted the spot beside him. "Care to join me for a moment, Luna?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Of course, Gunnolf." Luna said with a nod as she took a place beside him, looking up at the moon. For now it was a crescent moon; no longer blood red like it had been the past few nights of war. This was one of the rare breaks in fighting and as long as there was a break, the moon would shine white and pure as a symbol of hope. "Is there something on your mind, Gunnolf?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He sighed softly. "I'm not sure. I suppose the idea of war just... it might seem like nothing to you, but it doesn't sit well with me." He murmured. "I'm a hunter. Over the course of my relatively short life - compared to your own, anyway - I've always known the balance between the hunter and prey. I suppose, it's... the idea of 'war' goes against everything I've learned up until now." He looked over at her. "You understand, don't you?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I understand." Luna said with a slight nod of her head. "But, us largely intelligent races have different needs. You're intelligent, obviously, but there is not many of your kind left. Ponies, griffons... races like ours need more land, to grow more food. To harvest more metal and minerals from the planet. Or some simply have land as a status symbol." She scratches her neck slightly and shrugs. "For you, it's simple. You hunt to eat, and no more than that. But when it comes to claiming land, things are not so black and white. Sometimes war is the only solution. They want our land and we will not give it up, so then what can we do besides fight for it?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He shifted in place, lowering his head down onto the grass. "It's difficult to wrap my head around the concept of it. I do suppose it does not help that I've been alone for the majority of my life." He looked straight ahead. "I can understand the idea of fighting to keep what is yours, though. It might not be a thought that would come normally to me, but you ponies tend to challenge all of my ideals. I do suppose that if I had a pack of my own then perhaps this would not allude me as much as it does." He shook his head. "I do wonder if there are anymore out there like me... Silvanus did say I was... what was it, a 'great wolf?'"

He flicked his tail. "What is a great wolf?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
She looked over at him and chuckled a bit. "You've really been alone your whole life, haven't you?" She asked rhetorically before tapping a hoof against her chin in thought. "Great wolves are... Just another creation of the Everfree Forest, as far as I know. There is dimensional energies in the Everfree that pull in all sorts of monsters from other realities. Great wolves, as far as I understand, are from those realities. As for what they are; look at yourself."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
He shrugged. "It hasn't been so bad... occasionally I had a day where I wasn't fighting for my life..." It was a morbid joke. He liked those. "If I'm just another creation of the Everfree Forest, then I suppose I have to wonder... are there are others like me out there? If it pulls from these 'realities,' why is it I'm the only one there is?" He flattened his ears. "I don't mind being alone. But surely there must be more great wolves than just me?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna reached over and patted Gunnolf's shoulder gently. She took pity on him, and felt for him. Despite having a sister, she had felt alone most of her life as well and understood wanting to find someone to relate with. "You aren't the only one, Gunnolf." She clarified with a smile. "I've met others in my time. But, you're rare. Perhaps in the reality you come from, you've become more rare? If your numbers are dwindling in your home territory, they would certainly be dwindling here..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf gave a small sigh, leaning over and lightly nudging Luna with his nose. "It does seem like I am sometimes. I suppose I'm not truly alone anymore... there's you, Silvanus, Salacia, Celestia, Asa sometimes..." he trailed off. He narrowed his eyes in thought. "Can't say I really know anybody beyond the royal family. How quaint." He chuckled. "I do have to wonder where I came from. I only recall a biting chill and a great expanse of water, and even that is difficult to remember. The rest of the time I've always been in the Everfree Forest. Hardly even remember how I've managed to survive in that place for so long."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"You're a part of the family! We just need a collar with your name on it, then you'll be our guard dog." Luna said with a little airy giggle. She leaned against the large wolf and just let out a sigh. "You're probably from Faerun. It's a world in another reality. Been there... It's a scary place. Like the Everfree, except everywhere is the Everfree." She chuckled again.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"I do believe that you have already gotten me a collar." He said, lifting his head high up and craning it down, trying to look at his neck. Due to physiology, unfortunately, he failed miserably. "It's somewhere... might have gotten it stuck somewhere and it snapped off. Oh well." He shook his head, nuzzling Luna. "I imagine the rest of my species must be bigger than me if they have to put up with that, then."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back