The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Panzer Panzer
(Hello. The main thread is full right now and I can't handle more, but next arc you maybe able to join. How have you been? We have a community Discord server if you wanted to join)

Panzer Panzer
(Hello. The main thread is full right now and I can't handle more, but next arc you maybe able to join. How have you been? We have a community Discord server if you wanted to join)
Ive been good, and I would love to join the next arc, although I am unsure how long this arc will last or what the next arc would be like. I'll join in the discord :D

the test consisted of four stages.
two of them were for stamina. the other two were for combat.
The creature simply did not do well in any of the stages, either being slowed down by it's metal parts- or simply not following orders. On the combat stages- The creature did finally follow orders ( after the promise of food pursuaded it) and "killed" a dummy version of a pony. The stage was concluded once the creature began to eat it....

The disappointed mare looked through the creature's panel, shaking her head as her eyes dotted through the small health panels.

The creature seemed to be extremely unhealthy- the readings of the organs and diagnostic charts fluctuated rapidly from the healthy portion to a completely dead organ and back again in milliseconds.

"I guess that didn't work..." the mare sighed, looking to her brother. The brother immediately knew what he had to do from the mere look. He tried to act surprised, but he honestly knew the outcome of this even before the diagnostic testing. He would have to "dispose" of this creature.

"Told ya..." He happily told her, stepping closer to the abomination.
"Sorry buddy...End of the line."
The augmented stallion responded with a tilt of the head. He had no idea what was going to happen...

"I don't know what to do now..." The mare complained, stepping alongside her brother. Her brother pulled the creature along by it's leg. The mare was also helping by pulling the other leg along. They both seemed unbothered by their actions, or even the actions of the currently clueless creature.
"Hm?"
"Its just- I wanted to make this world a better place, ya know?"
The mare explained.
"Uh-huh- and how would you do that? by making this place worse with these 'Things'?"
The brother sarcastically replied, glancing back to the creature that they were currently dragging.
"Those 'Things' were supposed to be my supersoldiers- The Ultimate Protectors and Soldiers! And yet, all I got were these-...these-"
"Terrible abominations."
"Exactly!"
"Well...It was a good attempt...Atleast we didn't get The Guards involved...."

The small journey through the stone bunker ended at a small opening. It was a room that stank of death, yet no bodies seemed present. The siblings dragged the creature to a small hatch on the floor. It led to a river that lay just underneath.

The siblings stood beside it as they dragged the creature overtop of it. the creature sat up from the ground with a smile, as it found it exciting to explore this new room. the brother held the creature down by the hooves, keeping it still. The creature still had no Idea what was going on, keeping a happy smile on it's face.

suddenly, the switch on it's back was flipped, shutting down everything in it's body. it's smile soon turned to a shocked abd dead expression. it dropped to the floor almost immediately. The brother let go of the stallion , quickly pulling a wooden lever on the wall. the hatch fell from under the creature , causing it to fall into the water with a crash. It sank under the current as the water carried it away from the hidden lair...

(now my character is open for interaction. Its not dead, but mostly "Off"(like a droid or a robot). Also, I am sorry if it feels rushed. data on my phone is limited and the internet certainly uses a lot of it.)

Last edited:
ATTENTION:
This thread will not be closed during main thread chapters. I realize that many people rely on this for RP between main thread posts. Consider it open permanently.

However, consider anything that does take place here to be between chapters.

System check: critical failure, unable to retrieve data.
Diagnostics: Code32- OFFMODE.
Startup- Failed: OFFMODULE_1

Subject 109's body was carried far away from his home, the water pushing along his lifeless body as if it was another piece of debris. It wasn't long before the body was washed away under one of the bridges. It appeared that even the river didn't want him, yet It still kept it's other parts, including the goggles that were supposed to hide his glowing yellow eyes. However, the body didn't care. The metal abomination seemed lifeless- almost to the point of a sick doll or a deactivated robot.it was laying down on it's side, with it's hooves gently poking against the soft river. It's glowing eyes staring out into the sky, lighting some of it's surroundings with a dim yellow glow. It's metal jaw was left slightly ajar, buried slightly under the sand and mud in his mouth. It's chest panel lay opened and soaked. And just beside the panel, a small switch that pointed down at the word "OFF". Once an " invention " in the hopes of peace and protection- now resides as simple scrap metal under a Pony-ville bridge...

Panzer Panzer
Expellix was just having a normal day when he randomly came across the body of some metal pony. He had been mentally preparing himself for the war that was to come; it was going to be coming to them, he was certain of that. The battles at the shores were already underway from what he knew of. So, when he tripped across the thing, he was annoyed.

That annoyance led to him kicking the rust bucket. "Damn thing! Ow!" He hopped on one foot, holding it as pain soared through his toes. However, that kick managed to flip the swift from 'OFF' to 'ON'.

OFF-> ON
Initialization - Imminent.
Health: Organs/Other Bios- Secured.

The previously lifeless body of the experiment soon was reanimated and put back to his senses. His once still eyes began moving- glancing about this newer and brighter world. 109 tasted the grainy and solid sand that it's jaw had taken. For the moment, it didn't do anything. It sat completely still, trying to recollect himself from the previous nap.

After the moment had past- the strange stallion lifted his head to his shoulders- observing the water of which he had been dumped into from his previous "Parents". He seemed in a state of bewilderment with the sight of the surrounding world; almost as if he had never seen it before...
As he turned his head forward- he noticed another strange thing that seemed to be hopping on one foot. 109 gave this new creature a curious stare, tilting his head just out of habit. The new discoveries would have to be delayed, as 109 began to grow hungry....

One thing this stranger may notice- was that the rust bucket was not- in fact- a full robot. The stallion's skin and eyes seemed to be biological; and he is drooling something that one could assume to be saliva. The "thing" eyed the stranger with a hungered stare, contemplating if the stranger was a friend...or food.
Another off-putting feature about his appearance was his age. He had the look of a young foal, only taller and a heck of a lot more sickly,
One thing was for certain:
Something was not right about it...

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Panzer Panzer
Expellix was a little preoccupied rubbing his foot at the moment, cursing under his breath still. Now why did he ever think that kicking something obviously made of metal would be a good idea? Perhaps, in the back of his mind, he figured that his... er... half-undeath would mean that he just broke something, without feeling the accompanying pain. He was wrong.

When he finally noticed that the thing was moving, he paused and looked up at the thing, the dull throbbing of his foot disappearing into the back of his mind. This thing was a pony. The metal thing he just tripped over was a fucking pony. Did he just oh-so-happen to accidentally reanimate the freaking dead by kicking it? He didn't recall using any magic, and nor did he recall any ponies being MADE OF METAL!

So, he did what came naturally to him. His paws glowed, as did his eyes, a quite dark gray and he pointed his paw at the thing. "You try anything and I'm blasting you so hard that Princess Luna will see you on the moon! One thousand years in the past, to boot!"

Assailant Assailant
During one of the downtime's between battles, Princess Luna had been able to indulge herself. She had absolutely no skill at healing magic, and all of the battle plans had been laid, so she really had nothing to do. Normally at this time she would be holding Night Court, but that too had been canceled. And she couldn't exactly go hunting in the Everfree Forest while there were griffons ready to attack Equestria at any moment.

So for now, she simply drank. Not that the alcohol really did anything to her, but simply being able to sit down was comforting and the bitter taste helped her relax for some strange reason. She tried her best not to think of the injured in the hospital, many of whom were dying as she drank. They weren't blessed with her regenerative capabilities, they were just mortal, and their lives were like a candle in a stiff breeze; flickering and extinguished quickly. This is something she had gotten used too.

That didn't make it any easier. Mortals came and went, that was fine, but dying alone on a battlefield for no good reason? She'd been fighting her entire life to prevent that for the mortals, and now it was happening again.

Luna envied her sister. Celestia may not be the warrior that the lunar goddess was, but she was unmatched in the art of healing and that's something Luna had never been able to do. She couldn't even heal a scrape. She wanted to be in the hospital tending to the wounded, but...

So she drank. Along with many other soldiers, the inn was rather crowded but silent as the soldiers simply took solace in the momentary break in conflict.

As the lunar princess mused to herself, Silver and Arc sat together nearby as Silver drank from a mug.

"So then, this is alcohol of the future?" Silver glared at his mug. "Unimpressed." Arc chuckled.

"You've been rather talkative lately, buddy-ol'-pal." Silver grunted and Arc waited for a few moments for a response, and laughed when he got one. "Now you decide to go silent? Great, make me look like an idiot. Not that anyone's watching, of course." Arc looked around at the soldiers gathered there. "Gotta say, I'm annoyed this war came when it did. It's really impeding my ability to research. So much to learn. I think I'd like to learn the modern tongue first. Constantly running a translation rune is a pain in the ass." Silver nodded.

"The modern world is strange... yet some things never change."

"You'll keep being a soldier, I'll keep being a scientist, and you'll keep drinking that mind-numbing concoction." Arc lifted the mug telekinetically. "That thing isn't good for the mind ya know."

"I don't have a brain fetish like you do," Silver responded before swiping the drink out of the air. The two glared at each other for a bit before breaking into laughter. After a few moments, their laughter ceased and Arc looked around once more, only this time he noticed the princess sitting alone. Arc nodded over to her, and Silver seemed to hesitate, but Arc simply got up and walked over to her. Silver soon followed.

"A bit for your thoughts?" He asked as he sat down next to her, glass of water placed in front of him. Silver soon sat next to Arc.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Last edited:
Assailant Assailant
Luna had quite a wide berth given to her. Not many folks were keen on coming up to her in times like this, especially with the carnage she had wrought on the battlefield today. It was one thing to say 'yes I am powerful' but it was quite another to display that power. And today was really the first time either of the alicorn sisters had displayed their powers in many, many years. There hadn't been a war like this in a very long time. A lot of the soldiers were frightened by the display; it made them feel small and insignificant. Something that she would argue against, but in the end it was something she couldn't help.

Needless to say, Luna was a bit surprised when she heard two ponies walking up behind her. She didn't bother glancing back, figuring that they would soon walk away. But instead they took a seat beside her. She remembered these two from before, around a month back; she had sent these two into training after they had claimed to be from the past.

And of course she remembered fighting beside them, although in the heat of battle things were scrambled. "Arc. Silver." She nods her head at the both of them and smiles slightly. "You're the first to approach me all night. I would like to say that you both did exemplary out there."

Luna herself hadn't even bothered to get out of her armor. She was still wearing that heavily enchanted, silver armor. It gleamed like moonlight when light hit it, and there was dried blood all over it and herself.

Silver nodded. "Thank you princess. You were as wonderful as always."

"Yeah, you weren't too bad yourself," Arc grinned as he leaned against the bar and took a sip of water. Arc and Silver had taken off their helmets, but only their helmets: the rest of their body was still covered in the ancient golden armor. Some scars were visible on their face, although they did not look fresh. "Gotta say though, a bit slacking. Are you going soft on us, princess?" Silver jabbed Arc's side, who simply chuckled a bit and batted his hoof away.

Silver would be appalled by Arc's overly casual manner of speaking with royalty, except that he'd already become used to it. Even if they were friends in the past, Silver had always made sure to afford both princesses the respect they deserved. Arc seemed... especially lacking in that regard. Even before they were friends, he was always uncomfortably casual with the princesses.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Assailant Assailant
Princess Luna just looked at the two of them as if they were insane. She narrowed her eyes, stared intently at each of them, and then downed the rest of her alcohol. After downing it she looked back over at them and exclaimed, "I think that is more than enough from the both of you. You act as if you know me. As if you've seen me before. You say things such as 'wonderful as always' when we have never fought together before. I've been gone for the past 1,000 years and I certainly haven't met you in the past 10 that I've been back, so please, cut the charade."

She turned in her seat to face them more fully now. "If this is some sort of weird game, I certainly do not appreciate it. I've lost many friends in my life and do not need two scumbags pretending to be somepony who they clearly are not! Everyone that I've loved has died. The exceptions to this are those who I've met in the past 10 years, and Celestia. So who do you think you are?"

Silver bowed. "Your highness, I'm dreadfully sorry, I meant nothing by it." Arc, however, did not back down.

"Old friends. We've talked about this, haven't we? Believe us or don't, I suppose, but you have heard our story. Tragic to lose a friend like this, but we've been gone for 2000 years. What are you going to do?" He took a sip from his water and tapped the table, thinking for a moment. "Oh, wait a minute. You said your memory loss may be caused by your exile, huh?" His voice quieted down so that only the three of them could hear. "Why don't you go ask your girlfriend? I'm sure Celestia remembers us." With that, he leaned back with a smile. "Oh, wait, nevermind. After that whole banishment ordeal, something tells me things aren't exactly smooth. Still wishing for the best."

Last edited:
Assailant Assailant
There wasn't much of a response from Luna. At least, not an outward response. But if Arc and Silver were truly close to her in the past, they'd both be able to tell that Arc just crossed a very, very bad line with the lunar goddess. On the outside she looked eerily calm, yet the temperature around them plummeted well into the negatives. It got cold enough that the water Arc had placed on the table completely froze, and the wood counter around them took on a frosted look. It was cold enough that it hurt, quite a lot. Even the soldiers on the other size of the room were beginning to notice the cold as their breath turned frosty.

But this was just Luna not controlling herself for a moment. She took a deep breath, focused, and the cold disappeared as quickly as it had come.

Yet despite it all, Arc's words stuck with her. She thought on them for a moment, before leaning in close to whisper, "Nobody knows about that, besides the few I've told. So perhaps, maybe, there is some truth to your words. But let me make this very, very clear, Arc Light. Ignoring your blatant disrespect towards me and the way you joke about my banishment, both of which are terrible things for a friend to do, you mentioned one worse thing. I have two children to protect, and coming out that Celestia and I have a relationship could very well put my children in an assassins sight. I don't know how you would know of our relationship, perhaps we really were friends, but if you ever think to mention it in public again there will be serious repercussions. Nobody will look for your corpse on Neptune."

She leans back and crosses her forelegs in front of herself, furrowing her eyebrows slightly.

Arc grinned through the pain and lightly jabbed Luna's arm (leg?) in a jovial manner with a laugh. "There's the Luna I know!" He laughed, and Silver looked between the two with nervousness. Arc sighed and pantomimed wiping a tear from his eye before waving her off. "Why do you think I lowered my voice so much? I'm not gonna go around outing you." But then, he did something that's rather unlike Arc: he frowned. "Hey, but I didn't know you have children... and..." He sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, alright? Just trying to mess around, I didn't mean to actually piss you off, you know?" He tried to drink from his water, only to notice that it was frozen. He briefly cast fire to melt the ice and drink from it. Silver turned to her as he was doing this.

"Princess, I apologize on his behalf as well. These are... confusing times for us. What was 2000 years ago for you was days ago for us. We are simply trying to adjust to a world that is unfamiliar to us." Arc nodded.

"Sure, what he said. Even still, I've only seen you get that angry on rare occasion. That's serious." He frowned and analyzed what he'd said. What exactly was it that made her that incredibly angry? Could it have simply been mentioning their "relationship?" He was quiet... so it'd make sense if she was annoyed, but that furious? He'd expected shocked more than that. Could it have been mentioning their relationship was bad? He must have struck a nerve there... "I used to tease about... that," he said, more mindful of his surroundings now, "All the time... did I strike a little too close to home there?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Assailant Assailant
It was all okay, except for the touching. Luna gently smacked the hoof away when Arc reached out to jab her. Mind you, even a gentle slap from her was still enough to cause bruising, but they would both probably already know that. At least she didn't tear his leg off or something, so that was a step in the right direction!

She nodded at their apologies and smiled ever so slightly. "It's forgiven, though my warning still stands. I do not know you, not yet at least. If I spend time with you long enough, the memories should start coming back. And for the record..." She leans in close again to whisper to the two of them. "I was mad because it makes me feel as if my children are being threatened. I'm not scared of mortals, but I am scared of what they could do to my fillies. They have not yet come into their power. So, yes, I am keeping the relationship a secret so as not to paint a target on their backs any more than there already is from them being royalty and alicorns."

Arc nodded along with Silver. "I understand." Silver took a swig of his drink while Arc thought on this. Silver saluted. "Very well! I shall protect them as I have sworn to protect you, princess!"

Arc leaned in to Luna and whispered. "He hasn't realized you're immortal. I think if he did, he'd lose all meaning in life. Just play along." Arc looked back to Silver and nodded. "You're a better stallion than I, Silver," he said as he drank from his cup, barely holding in a laugh.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Assailant Assailant
Princess Luna arched an eyebrow, but managed to at least keep herself from laughing. "Why thank you, Silver. I'm sure my children will appreciate the protection. I can only do so much." She said with a shake of her head, before ordering another drink. Again, it didn't affect her, but she liked the taste...

After a few moments she looked back over at them. "So besides what you said earlier, is there any other proof that you are who you say you are? I'm doubtful, but my mind has been hazy since my return and time magic is possible, so perhaps this is true..."

Furthur observations of this new creature seemed to spark more curiosity within 109.Yet, this feeling of curiosity was shattered by Expellix's Violent threats. It was not the fact that the pony understood the meaning behind the words - as it didn't even know what a "Luna" was- , But mostly the tone that Expellix took when he said it. The pony could immediately make up his mind from his actions.
Food.
He stood to his hooves with haste, facing his prey ahead of him. He began to step towards Expillix, his steps were heavy and his eyes set on Expillix. Drool dripped from the pony's grey jaw, leaving small drops behind him as he stalked towards his target.

He stopped after a few steps, dropping his jaw and prepared to stand his ground. and howled a raspy and freakishly ghoulish wheeze.
This was no ordinary pony.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Last edited:
Silver and Arc looked over at each other. "We speak the language of long ago... we are adorned with the armor of the time... we have knowledge of a war long forgotten..." Silver thought to himself a bit more before nodding. "Right, I also have this." Silver reached into a sort of pocket in the armor, excessively small as it was, and pulled out a sort of emblem. It said little, other than that he worked under Luna, and that he joined the regiment in 560 AC.

Assailant Assailant
Luna grabbed the emblem from Silver and began inspecting it. At first she was totally unaware of what she was looking at, but the longer she looked the more comfortable she felt holding it. After a moment she handed it back to Silver with a nod. "I can't say I remember it, or you... But it feels comfortable if that makes any sense. But anything the three of us might have shared is gone from my mind, I'm afraid. Like most of my past. Celestia has been reading me stories to help me remember but it's such a slow process..."

Arc and Silver nodded. "Maybe we can talk to her at some point, she probably remembers us." He finished off the last of his drink. "Until then, I guess we'll just have to take it as it comes. I wonder if there's some spell to return your memory."

"If there was, they would have used it."

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time I created a revolutionary spell. It isn't my top priority, of course, but I'll look into it."

Assailant Assailant
"The spell exists." Luna said with a slight nod, drinking down some more of her alcohol after she was done speaking. There was a slight pause before she said, "I simply won't allow someone to fiddle with my memories. They seem to be coming back slowly so I let nature run its course."

Arc frowned. He mulled it over for a bit but then shrugged. "Eh, to each their own I guess." He quickly waved down the bartender and asked for another glass of water. The bartender looked at him and Silver strangely before walking off with Arc's glass. Arc stretched a bit with a content sigh. "You know, I don't know why ponies avoid you. For the life of me, I just can't figure it out. You're a real pleasant mare, when you're not threatening to send me to Uranus and freezing everyone to near death. It's truly an enigma."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back