The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia was recovering quite well from her injuries. She had been a part of the very first attack against the griffons, and had nearly lost her left wing as a result of the conflict. While the doctors still didn't think she'd ever fly again, they had at least removed all of the shrapnel from her body and she was healing from the majority of her wounds without any problems. Feeding her blood seemed to help with her regeneration; she was healing at roughly 5x the rate of a normal pony right now.

Luna had really created a hell of a race when she made the bat ponies.

At the moment, Aurelia had on a pair of super cool sunglasses. Those black glasses, combined with her dark purple hair and dark gray fur, made her look like a total edgelord. A cute edgelord though. She was currently sipping a giant slushee and took her place under the shade of a tree. "This is nice, Star. What'd you bring to eat? Any blood? My wounds are getting itchy again..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
A fucking hot edgelord in Star's book, but there was no question to that. You couldn't say that Aurelia didn't have looks. Star very much enjoyed looking. Hopefully Aurelia enjoyed looking at her as well.

Her thoughts were going down bad ways now.

"I'm fairly sure I brought blood, but if I somehow forgot, you can... uh..." she paused and looked down at the basket. "Well, if I managed to actually forget something on my own for once, then I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." She pointed at a tree. "We can set up under there if you'd like?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia arched an eyebrow at Starstreak and nodded at her words. "Yes... Let's take a seat under there." She said while moving over to the tree. Once she was under its shade, she took off her sunglasses to reveal her slitted golden irises. She sat down at the base of the tree. "So... What were you saying there? About how if you forgot to bring blood, I could... What?"

"I could what, Star?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak followed her under the tree, setting down the basket next to her and winced slightly. She was hoping Aurelia wouldn't have pressed on that... she may be brilliant, but some thoughts that came to her head weren't always good. This was probably one of those things.

"W-well..." she fidgeted uncomfortably. "I was... going to say that if there wasn't any there, you could just... bite me or something..." she trailed off. "I-I mean, a-assuming my blood isn't bad because of the accident..."

She looked away. That cat was out of the bag now.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia stares at Starstreak for several seconds before breaking out into laughter. It took her a good 15 seconds to calm down, at which point she finally said, "... Wait you're serious?"

She scratched her cheek and shrugged. "Maybe. It's not exactly nice though, Star. I don't have any numbing agent in my saliva like some blood drinking animals do. It hurts. And then there's the fact that you might not be safe to drink from, like you said. Although I doubt there's anything wrong with you. Still though... It'd hurt."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak turned her eyes on Aurelia when she started laughing, staring blankly. When she asked if she was serious, she nodded slightly and then raised an eyebrow. "Aurelia, I went through total biological metamorphosis at the age of seven years old - which, for the record, does NOT feel good the first time around - and even before then I was already suffering from several injuries from some nasty beatings by ponies and griffons. I have headaches that can knock me unconscious and kill me, and dealing with the idea that my body will eventually kill me out of magical poisoning." She said in a deadpan.

Regardless, she leaned over and nuzzled Aurelia's neck gently. "I think I can handle a little bite and a bit of blood taken from me, love. It's up to whether you want to try it or not, though."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia still wasn't convinced that it was a good idea. "I don't really want to hurt you, Star. I mean, unless you like that sort of thing, but I highly doubt you would. Regardless... We will cross that bridge when we get too it! In the meantime, lets eat." She said while reaching down and opening up their picnic basket. There was a meat sandwich in there for her, a few of them actually... But no blood. "... Aww well, that'll be okay. At least I have meat!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak tilted her head. "I mean, I don't want to be hurt either, but I can't imagine it would be that bad compared to what the both of us have already been through. What's a little blood in the long run anyway?" She wasn't going to try and push for it anymore, though. She didn't even know if she was comfortable with the idea.

She took a look in the picnic as well. Some of those meat sandwiches were for her, and she took one out, gnawing on it a little bit. "Haven't eaten meat in a while..." she murmured. "Not bad."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Aurelia quickly finished off her sandwich and wiped at her mouth with one of the napkins they had brought, before setting the napkin down. She immediately stretched out and laid on her good side, facing towards Star with her elbow bent and her head resting on her hoof. "I suppose that is true. You wouldn't be the first person I've bitten, but you'd be the first hippogriff. I'm comfortable with it. But if you aren't, don't do it."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak was a much slower eater, picking at her own sandwich slowly. It wasn't that it was bad or anything, just, well... she had a beak at the moment and was too lazy to change. Who knew that she was capable of being lazy?

"I'm not really sure about it, honestly," she replied, looking at Aurelia and still picking at her sandwich. "But it isn't something we can't try. If it turns out I'm super uncomfortable with it, then we simply won't do it."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I suppose you're right." Aurelia nods in agreement before diving back into the picnic basket. This time she just brought out some simple water and took a few sips, before scooching over closer to Starstreak. Soon enough she was right up against the hippogriff and leaned in to rest her chin on Star's chest, looking up at her with big golden eyes. "... You have crumbs on your beak..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Star blinked, then went cross-eyed as she tried to look at the crumbs on her beak. "I do?" She asked rhetorically. After a while of trying this method, she simply brushed them off with her claws, turning her head away so they didn't get all over Aurelia. She gave a contented sigh and leaned down, resting her own head gently on Aurelia's shoulder.

"This is nice..." she whispered, closing her eyes for a moment. "No responsibilities to fulfill at the moment, no work... just time to relax." She opened her eyes and looked at Aurelia, her own big purple ones sparkling. "I've never really taken vacation off of work... never had a reason to."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Me either..." Aurelia whispered before leaning up and giving Starstreak a heartfelt, gentle kiss on the beak. She let it last for a few minutes before breaking away and nuzzling into Star's neck, sighing contentedly as she did so. However, Aurelia wasn't one to be content with silence and she soon spoke up again, "... You know, Star... When the fighting hits Canterlot, I am going to join back in. You know that, right?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak gave a small purr in response to the kiss, leaning into the touch. It was nice to have Aurelia back with her, even if it was only for a little while. The war was going to escalate and get to Canterlot before they would break their advance; that was scary enough in itself. Many towns have already been destroyed in their griffon's conquest.

She sighed, hugging Aurelia with the utmost of care. "I know. Even I won't be able to just around and do nothing when they get here. That's why I'll be joining you. I'm not going to just cower behind some walls while I watch everypony else die. That just isn't me." She paused. "The only reason I've stayed behind so far is because, well... Equestria needed me to. I've got a lot of little gadgets and toys I want to try out on some griffons."

Her claws dug into the ground a little. Star's eyes narrowed slightly. "Ugh... I really wish the griffon's king wasn't such a greedy sod, I wanna tear his Celestia-damned throat out..."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"The griffon king will get what he deserves at the end of all this. Equestria is not the kind of country you go to war with, not without major consequences. I don't think the griffon king has quite come to terms with the fact that he started something he can't win. We're already holding the griffins back well enough and we have barely had any defensible locations... The minute the fighting hits Canterlot, it's going to turn into a bloodbath on the griffins side."

Aurelia shook her head a bit and sighed. "I just can't help but feel like it's a ruse. The king has to know he can't win here. The moment it hits Canterlot, we've just gained an irreversible upper-hoof. He has to be up to something, but what...?"

She shrugged. "It's not my place to worry about such things anyway... Just as it isn't your place to be fighting in a war, Starstreak. What if your headaches start when you need to defend yourself? You're dead if that happens. You're in no physical shape to be fighting."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Smiling bitterly, Star looked down at the ground. "Oh, I think we both know that I wouldn't be allowed onto the battlefield even if I wanted to... from everybody likes telling me, I'm an invaluable asset to the war effort as a whole. I doubt I'm that important, but it does stroke the ego a little..." She looked sad, though. The reality of not being able to fight for Equestria was disheartening.

"Always wished I could be out there. I mean, it's pretty fucking bad out there, and, well... I guess I'm just tired of being in the laboratory all day. Tired of seeing everybody else get injured and yet I'm completely fine, all health related issues aside." She would have gritted her teeth, but settled for grinding the ends of her beak together. "I feel terrible just making the weapons for ponies to use to kill others. I only do it because that's what people need me to do right now, plus those trains..."

The purple hippogriff lifted her gaze to Aurelia's face. "I'm not sure what I would do if you came back home in a body bag, Aurelia..." Tears began collecting in her eyes and she shook her head. "I-I'm sorry... getting all emotional, but it hurts to t-think about it..." She wiped her tears slowly. "I always feel so helpless and it really sucks."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"You do not want to be out there." Aurelia said with a bit more force than intended. She covered her mouth with a hoof and shook her head. "Sorry. But, you really don't want to be out there. Be happy that you aren't." The fact was that, like all wars, it was fucked up. But this one especially was rather brutal. On the ground it wasn't so bad, but in the air? Pegasi and griffons dropping like flies, creating pools of bodies, bones splintering and jutting through skin as they hit the ground... It was heart-wrenching and disgusting.

Aurelia made no move to answer the body bag comment. Instead she just smiled and patted Star's chest gently. "Your inventions have done more for this war effort than any one soldier. Your trains helped evacuate millions, and your weapons are helping to air us pegasi warriors where the earth ponies can't. The glaive throwers are neat, but the net throwers are allowing us to take prisoners without killing! Assuming Luna allows it. And assuming they don't die from the fall. But really, one of your net throwers saved me out there, Star. I was about to get attack and then they were just gone and falling to the ground!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak groaned lightly and leaned her head on Aurelia's flank, using it as a pillow. "I mean, just imagine this, Aurelia; you've been injured at the age of seven severely. The doctors tell you that you're going to die in a week, then your pony half saves you from certain doom by allowing you to, sort of... absorb the magic, I guess." She said quietly. "Everypony tells you that you can't do something because they're afraid you're going to get hurt again. Tells you that you can't do something because so-so reason, or reasons. I'm sure you've experienced your fair share of that, being there is heavy prejudice against you guys and all, but it's just... annoying. It's tiring always hearing that I can't do something because of an accident early on."

She frowned and shrugged. "But that's just life, I suppose. I'm really glad that it did save you, but I just wish there was more that I could do for them. What I've done already is nice and all, but I always feel like there's always something better I could do. Maybe make a weapon so big and strong that it'll make the griffons high tail it back to their country and never think of invading Equestria again. I wish I could make something that could just end this immediately instead of having to fight it out. Maybe some big magic bomb or something, I don't know."

Latios Latios
Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko
"Well....i guess you can say that. I mean I don't exactly consider myself a normal dragon, due to my life's story and circumstances", he answered Galagus. He scratched his head in an unsurely expression. He was then brought back out of his train of thought from Berry's story about her encounter with dragons
"Ouch. Well that doesn't surprise me. Dragons are known to be greedy. Was it a big green dragon?", he asked her

Anonmare Anonmare
That tree had Luna transfixed. She was staring at it so intently that she barely even noticed what Salacia did. "Yes yes, very good." Luna mumbled while stepping through the water vortex. Luna had some control over water, since she controlled the moon, but nothing quite like Salacia had. Still though, Luna was pretty sure that she could have opened that vortex if she really needed too. A mortal created it, which meant Luna could undo it.

"I thought you did awesome." Silva said while reaching over to pat Salacia with her wing. "Come on Sal, let's see what this is all about..." Silvanus said while motioning for them to follow Luna. She knew from the way Luna was looking at it, that it must be extremely important; and she wasn't about to interrupt Luna during her contemplation.

The inside of the chamber was very strange. It was carved into the inside of the mountain, roughly 100 feet tall and 100 feet wide. In the middle of the chamber was a tree, which looked completely dead but hummed with dormant magical energy. A single stone bridge led up to the tree, and a circular stone platform, roughly 5 feet side, surrounded it. The soil it sat in was not normal either and had the same magical properties as the tree itself.

Around the outside of the chamber was a 15 foot stone platform much like the smaller one running around the tree. Between those two platforms was a ton of water, fed from 2 waterfalls. One was to the left of the tree on the chamber face, and the other was to the right on the chamber face.

Silvanus quickly made her way through the opened water vortex. Luna walked up until she was around 10 feet from the tree, and then sent a message through her bond straight to Celestia. "Dear, you need to get over here right now. I know you are in court but drop it and teleport to me immediately."

Silvanus felt called to the Tree.

Salacia, on the other-hoof, would be called into the water...

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Salacia was disappointed that Luna didn't seem to give her the praise she wanted but was somewhat mollified by her sister's praise, of course, she couldn't let her know she liked getting the praise from her so merely played it cool. “Pcht, whatever it was nothing.” She said, waving her hoof dismissively and looking suddenly disinterestedly at a nearby wall and avoiding eye contact. She followed after Silvanus, figuring that she had nothing else better to do and looked around at the chamber they found themselves within.

She wasn't particularly interested in some dumb tree and was about to make her annoyance loudly known when something caught her attention. She wasn't quite sure what it was about it but there was something about the water that... Called to her. She wasn't aware of the effect the tree would be having on her sister and for the moment, she wouldn't have cared anyway.

She slowly began to walk towards it...

Celestia was in the middle of the day court when she received Luna's message, a petitioner from the outlying villages was currently making his case as to why he and his fellow farmers needed extra subsidies for their farms and crops. It wouldn't be fair to say that Celestia didn't want to be here but as soon as she heard Luna say to 'teleport to me immediately', she knew it took precedence. She raised her hoof, motioning for quiet. “I thank you for your time my little Pony but an urgent matter requires my attention, I'm afraid we will have to reconvene at a later date.” The Princess of the Sun states as she rises from her seat.

The farmer Pony looked annoyed but knew better than to say something in the presence of Royalty and everypony else merely looked on in confusion, followedb y surprise as the snow-white alicorn disappeared in a flash of golden light and re-appeared exactly next to Luna, barely a foot apart. She only had a moment's notice to take in her surroundings but figured it would be quicker to hear from the Pony's mouth. “What is this place?” She asked, noticing the tree and the kids who seemed, entranced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back