The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna remained expressionless during the question and simple scratched at her chin with a hoof. After thinking on the question for several long seconds, she simply shook her head. "I'm... Sorry, Starstreak. Somebody should have told you, but the military caretakers have been so busy that not every family has been able to receive a notice for when their loved ones are injured."

"Aurelia was in the first assault that I led, and she was injured in that assault. She fought well but her injuries are severe. She's alive, at least. She should be home in three days if the pegasi medic crews manage to make good flight time back to Canterlot, at which point she will be put into care at one of the hospitals here. I'll be sure to send somebody to get you the minute she arrives. In the meantime, take the next week off. That's an order. Your grunts can take it from here "

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak's eyes lowered to the floor at that news. It felt like an icicle had just been driven through her heart and then twisted around, freezing it and making it bleed all at the same time. She knew it was inevitable, but she had hoped and prayed to everything that she would come out of it okay. Well... there was no use crying about it now, and most certainly not blubbering in front of Princess Luna. She put on a brave face and nodded.

"Thank you, Princess..." She muttered. However, her head shot up. "W-what? Let them work without me, they could hardly eve--" she stopped at the 'order' part. Welp, if she was anything, she could not disobey the Princess's orders. No matter how much she wanted to. "I... but... yes, Princess." She conceded in defeat. "I just hope they don't mangle themselves with me not around... damnable jar heads, some of them."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"That doesn't mean you can't stop in and check that your lackey's are still alive. It just means no working for you. You've been through enough, Star. Make yourself presentable for Aurelia when she returns home... That's the best you can do for a soldier." Luna said with a little grin and a knowing wink, before flicking her magic once again; this time aimed at the large double doors behind Starstreak. They creaked open, showing the way out of the throne room. "Use the pendant in your time of need, Starstreak." as all Luna said before motioning to the doors.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, good... just a small check-in, no work... no work..." Trying to get that idea through her head just wouldn't work. What in Tartarus was she supposed to do? She never took any days off! She never planned for actually having any free time to herself and only herself. Dang.

She looked down at the pendant. "I'll use it only when I need you most, Princess." She said solemnly, bowing to the princess and making her way towards the double doors. She paused, turning around. "Oh - make those assholes pay for attacking us! Makes me a bit sick to know I'm related to a griffon during all this..."

Now she actually proceeded out of the throne room and back to the hotel.

Latios Latios
Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko

Cass couldn't help but notice Berry's response when he offered his claw for a handshake (or hoofshake in this case). Either it wasn't how equestrians greet or the mare was probably wary of him. He assumed the latter as the most likely possibility, so he respected her boundaries and steps back a little after he stood up. "Well first thing is I need to cash in some of my hoard for bits. I know not everything can be bought with gems, so I think it would be best to pay with this land's proper currency.", he explains while holding up his bag of jewels. "And this kid here has found a pretty good haul too so he'll need it.", he pointed his thumb to Galagus.

Anonmare Anonmare
Luna was impressed, but she couldn't let that show. The door opened up to reveal yet another flight of stairs, which Luna began to descend down. Silva followed behind her, along with Salacia.

Silva wasn't really sure what to think at the moment. While she was incredibly excited to adventure further down into the cave, her mind was currently on Salacia. She knew that her sister was close to crying, and that upset the nature goddess greatly. She just reached over to pat Salacia gently with her wing and offered her a smile of encouragement.

Soon enough they came upon yet another doorway. "REALLY?!?" was all Luna said, screaming at the door in annoyance. Once more Luna tried to unlock the door, to no avail. Silvanus once again stepped forward and cast her magic at the door.

... Half the runes on the door lit up green. The other half remained unlit, and as such the door remained closed.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Salacia was still in a poor mood when they came to the next door and she shrugged off her sister's attempts to comfort her. She wasn't even in the mood to call her names or tell her to go away so she simply just walked slower than her to avoid her, keeping her eyes downcast. It wasn't everyday that your role models shout at you and punish you even though you thought you were doing right by them.

She looked up at the door in front of them and, despite how downcast she was feeling, even she was annoyed by this extra door. Who, in all of the infinite wisdom and wondrous beauty in the Universe, decided that, yes, this hidden passageway needed three doors that opened the exact same way?! “Ugggghhh...” She vocalised frustratedly, debating whether or not it would be worth getting shouted at again to ask Luna to destroy these extra doors.

Silvanus knew the drill by now and steppe forward to open it.... Except it didn't.

The runes on the door were half-lit but the other half remained dark and cold. “Is your horn broken or something?” Salacia asked annoyedly, taking out some of her frustration on her sister. Perhaps she didn't put enough power behind opening it? However, the more she looked at the door, there was something... Strange about the unlit runes. She couldn't read them but they definitely didn't feel the same.

Imitating her sister, she stepped forward and stood next to Silva and cast her own magic at the door...

Anonmare Anonmare
It took all of Luna's restraint not to blast that door open. She was fairly certain she could do so, but it would take far more powerful magic than she had currently tried casting at these doors. That sort of magic was liable to collapse this mountain on them.

Both Luna and Silvanus watched as Salacia stepped forward towards the door. Luna wasn't about to stop her and in fact stepped aside to see what the filly wanted to do. When Salacia's blue magic hit the door, the other half of the runes lit up! The door groaned for a minute and then opened up. Silvanus punched her sister proudly on the shoulder and gave her a big hug.

Luna motioned for them to continue. As the three walked down the steps, they came to their final trial. It was a complete dead end. "... Well this was a nice waste of time." was Luna's only reply before turning to leave. She was stopped by Silvanus punching her in the kneecap. She looked down surprised at the filly, who simply said, "Is a thick wall, mommy. Not a mountain."

Silvanus shook her head at Luna and approached the dead end. She closed her eyes, leaned forward and placed the tip of her horn against the wall. She could feel the mountain, see every cavern and creature within it, and then tapped into a power deep within herself. Her eyes took on a bright green glow, and a ray of magic shot from her horn into the wall. It groaned in protest and then the entire rock wall crashed down into the ground, showing them an open passage...

Behind where the rock wall had been was a new obstacle. It was a wall, but made of rushing water. How it even worked or who made it was unknown, but Luna knew this was powerful magic. The waters making up the wall were swirling at such a speed that they would sweep even Luna off her feet and trap her inside the vortex.

... Through the vortex, Luna could make out a room beyond. It looked as if there was a Tree there. "That's what we need!" Silvanus commented happily while pointing at the Tree beyond.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Salacia decided that it wasn't worth the energy to shove Silvanus off from hugging her, but only because it seemed like they were finally getting somewhere. She rubbed her shoulder where Silvanus punched her and frowned, for a Pony who hated violence; she certainly had a mean right hook. And a lot more strength to her than she looks as the young blue filly was soon beginning to realise. “Ow! You're... Crushing me....” Salacia said as her sister's strength was a bit too much for her to bear.

Eventually Silvanus released her and Salacia could breathe some air in blessed relief and made a mental note to never underestimate her sister's strength. “If there's another door...” Salacia muttered to herself as they continued down the passage before her mutterings became too indecipherable for anypony else to understand. What could be heard was some disproportionate amount of vengeance to the architect.

Luckily they didn't find another door. Unluckily, they didn't find another door.

“Oh come on!” Salacia shouted in frustration, all that effort and they'd be stopped by a wall!? She ad already turned around to march away when the wall quickly gave way under Silva – a loud blast followed by tons of rock and debris sliding out of the way from the now destroyed section revealed a new passageway and at the end of what they could see, Salacia smiled.

Finally, she'd be in her element.

She looked past where Silvanus was pointing and frowned. “It WAS a plant after all!” She shouted exasperatedly and groaned childishly. She gave a long suffering sigh. “Well we cam all this way now...” She muttered as she examined the wall of rushing water. She wasn't a mage by any stretch of the imagination but if it was related to water, she understood it like she understood the back of her hoof. It was certainly impressive, whoever built it, but Salacia doubted they ever took her into account.

“Watch this!” She said, making sure Luna and Silva were paying attention, and gently touched the very tip of her horn into the oncoming rush of water whereupon it turned blue brightly.
Then, as though somepony put an invisible umbrella into place, the water moved out of the way, bending in ways that defied physics, and left a reasonable-sized opening in the middle that they could simply walk through. She turned around and smiled brightly, she may not be a powerful mage but she knew water magic.

(Set in a different time of day before the fight in ponyville)

It was dusk in the town of ponyville. Many of the residents were evacuated, leaving the guards patrolling the streets and ponies who stayed behind to volunteer to help with the injured. As the sun fell beyond the horizon, faint huffing and wind breaking started echoing through the streets. However It was merely audible to be heard for those who have acute hearing. Many of the guards, doctors, and suppliers were far too busy going about thier duties to notice.

Unbeknownst to them, the invisible sounds were coming from the rooftop of a local tavern known as 'The Broken Blade'. There stood in a guarding crouch as silhouette biped figure with its profile hidden behind the Shadow's of the moonlit night sky. The figure leaps forward, swiping the entire length of its leg in an eye blinking speed in mid- air and follows up swatting the air with its long tail at the twist of its body before landing back subtly on its feet on the narrow top of the roof with perfect balance. It then starts advancing forward through quick, yet soft steps across the rooftops' s narrow surface like a cat with a wind breaking punch or kick of different combos with each step. By the time the shadowy figure reached the edge, it about face with a twist of its body and repeats the process all the way down to the other side.

This went on for what seemed like over an hour at it did seem like it was giving out anytime soon. By the time it reached the edge once more with an air snapping punch, the moon's gaze breaks through the clouds to reveal the figure as Cassian, the Dragon who came into town not long ago. He held his position there for the moment as jade eyes and the casades of his sweat gleamed in the moonlight. He went about his day with some newly acquainted companions gathering supplies. By the the time he returned to the tavern; where he was staying at, he had a decent meal from the kind manager and thier spouse. Yet when he turned in for the night to rest up for the journey ahead, he couldn't sleep. There was far too much on his mind from the events during his first day. So he decided to pass the time either playing his Ocarina or practicing his combat skills. He chose the latter. Mainly to help ease all his accumulated stress he's been holding in all day.

He remains in that same stance with his fist pointing directly out like a statue for several more minutes before taking a deep breath and easing his muscles. He stood upright again still keeping up his balance on the narrow roof and down to grab his coat that he left hanging on the edge before he started his practice session. Holding his coat in one arm, he prepares to find other activities to do without spending too much energy. In that moment, his attention once again brings him to the sight of Canterlot just beyond the horizon. Even at night time, it's golden glory pierces like a spear under when reflected by the moon or the sun.

"What will I do when I get there?", he asked himself quietly. He could possibly just go straight to the princesses and ask about his findings at the Castle of the Two sisters.
'Hello you're highnesses, check out my my mark! It's exactly the same as the one back at your old house! You know what it means?!.......yeah right.', he thought mockingly to himself. For all he knew, he had no idea who these ponies were or what kind of group they ran. There could be the possibility that they were some kind of weird cult or a secret society who had different ideals that were plotting to revolt against the royal crown. And the fact that he was somehow connected with the made the young dragon nervous. "Who knows how they'd react if they saw this...", he says to himself while covering his right shoulder with his hand right on his mark. And even if Terra was somehow mixed up with this group as well, there is no guarantee this would end well for him if he were to reveal himself to the rulers of Equestria. So for now, it would be best to approach the situation carefully.

Besides, the princesses obviously have more pressing concerns. "I think it would be best if I didn't bother them anyway"

First he needs to find out who this group is and what sort goals did they have that involved the royal crown. They were obviously at the Castle of the Two Sisters for a reason. And his answers are somewhere in the city of Canterlot. Mainly the waterfall beside it.

Latios Latios

"Eh....no offense but I doubt you have much for its cost value ^^' ", he chuckles nervously. He starts to explain, "you see, I personally gave him a certain gem as payment for helping me with giving me a few tours. And it's not easy to com by around these parts. Have you ever heard of the Gale Emerald?"

Latios Latios

"It should be worth at least 50,000 bits. I looked it up in a jewel catalog. Not to mention I can apraise any gem or ore's value just by smelling or tasting it. Don't ask me how, it's just instinct", he said as he scratched his head. "I guess it's because I'm an Earth Dragon"

Latios Latios

Cass rolls his eyes and facepalms. "Ugh....-.- ' no I don't puke rocks or gems. ", he sighs with a deadpan. " Earth Dragons breathe fire like other dragon's. However we are well known for our super strong scales and brute strength. And they're the best at finding treasure than other dragon's too beause of out acute sense of smelling metals and ores. However they tend to be the most solitary and dont have too high temperaments. So they don't cause as much trouble as most other dragon's do. In fact, I read they just keep to themselves", he explains his knowledge of his species.

Latios Latios

"Well to be honest, that's basically all I know about earth dragons. Let alone dragon's in general. I've never met another Dragon before.", he says as Cass' s expression in his eyes completely dropped into a sour look

"That is until just yesterday before I came into town. -.-' ", he scoff irritability.

" -.- ' a big green jerk that likes to steal other dragon's lunches.", he answered. He then points out toward the Smokey Mountians just outside of town near the Whitetailed Woods. "I was just hiking over that mountain when I got kinda hungry. The area was mostly barren so I decided to go digging up some gems to snack on. When I found a nice big juicy deposit of topaz just about.......your size :3 ", he teased Flax with a little tickle under his wing. After a quickly chuckle, he continues his story," Any I set it down and turned my head for one second to get a cloth to clean it off. Then I felt a strong burst of wind knock me on my tail. And when I turned around, I look up to see this big green dragon with my Topaz in his claws. He tells me 'Thank you' and then flies off with a smug look on his face.", he finished with a scowl. "Not the best first meet of my own kind, but I kinda expected it due to our reputation. And let me tell you. I was pissed"

Latios Latios Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
It was a bright and sunny day in Canterlot. The birds were chirping, the flowers were blooming, and the streets were Celestia-damned barren. That conscription into the war really had pulled quite a lot into the military, seeing how there weren't very many still around. Most of them were probably either off fighting right now or preparing positions for battles against the griffons. Ponyville would be their target; to kill the sick and wounded.

Perfect day for a picnic or something, despite the grim tidings. Luna had ordered her to take a break, after all, and she made sure to check on the progress of those trains (and other... miscellaneous weapons...) every day. The blue crystal pendant hung loosely around her neck, only taken off when she was bathing, and meticulously cleaned daily. It at least gave her a sense of safety having a Goddess of the Night on speed dial if things went really wrong.

Clutched in her mouth was a little basket full of edible goodies. Nothing extraordinary, but she thought it'd be nice to take Aurelia out on a picnic. Which, she was, right now. She turned to her marefriend, setting the basket down on the grass of Canterlot Gardens. It looked quite nice.

"How about here, Relly?" She asked, casting her eyes about. She'd managed to turn back into her hippogriff form, though she despised it with a passion currently. She settled on just imagining that she was something else. "Nice and open... some shade, too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back