• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Runaway (IC)

Elliot had heard of pizza before, but it wasn’t familiar enough to remember the taste. Or even the smell for that matter. “Alright.” he nodded, shifting so the items wouldn’t slip out of his arms. “Frozen pizza...” he knew it usually came with a man in a uniform, delivered to the home. He was a bit curious about frozen pizza.

"Ya, unles you want to order some later in which case I'll leave you some cash" Lawrance told the Boy, "I figured you'd want to be alone to sort out your thoughts and unjust and everything is all"

“Frozen pizza sounds good then.” Elliot nodded once again. It would be nice. Check the locks, make sure no one else was in the house. Pet the dog. Wait, no, the dog might go with mister Lawrence. Take a shower then. Or...bath? He shook his head a little. No, that would use too much water. A nice shower then. Good.

“Are we ready to check out?”

"Yep unless you can think of somthing else." Lawrance said "lets just grab the pizza, and a basket so you don't drop somthing silly" Lawrance said with a chuckle ans grabed one on the way to the freezer section. After Elliot had piked some pizzas one for tonight and some to keep in the freezer he payed then got 50 cash back in two twenties and a ten which he handed to Elliot woth the bags "all of this is yours exeot fir the pizza thats community property. The money is for if there is ever an emergency so keep it safe." Then he said "My house is just a few blocks over" and lead the way again tiring a few times in a naborhood then waking up ti a small one story "home sweet home" he said and opend the door letting Elliot inside then he falowed and was greater by a German Shepherd who came and liked lawrabfes face then gribed at Elliot. "Wolfwere, I'd like you to meet your little brother, be nice to him" in response Wolfwere ofwrd his paw to Elliot

Elliot carefully accepted the -handshake? pawshake?- from Wolfware and smiled. “Looks like I’ve got a good guardian. You’re okay too, Mister Lawrence.” he giggled. For such an intimidating name, the dog seemed friendly enough to him.

Wolfwere saw the bags and tilts his head but Lawrance says "Good boy but no, were ok, thank you" and wolfwere looks pleased. Lawrance explained "He has to help me carry stuff sometimes so he was asking if you needed help. You can put the pizza in the Freezer then make yourself at home, you can grab somthing to drink if you want just no alcohol. I'm gona take a shower then its all yours. If you need help finding anything ask Wolfwere" then he dosaperd onto the bedroom and soon after the shower started.

And again, he was left to just himself. It was peaceful, with just the white noise from the shower. Elliot looked to Wolfwere and smiled. “You’re a very handsome dog. Very helpful too.” he knew not to pet some dogs, if they were shy or gave no indication that they wanted affection. He was okay just looking at Wolfwere. “Umm, fridge?”

Wolfwere got up and walked into the kitchen befoer opening the door to the fridge like he had been trained. Then he stayed holding it open for the boy.
Lawrance was still showering.

Elliot put the pizza away. “Close?” he tried, hoping the command would work. Depending on how the dog had been trained, one word could mean different things.

Wolfwere made shure Elliot was clear then he closed it befoer sitting down next to the boy he sensed the boys anxiety and tried mugging him to sit down.

Elliot sat obediently, urged on by the dog. “Well, I guess it’s true when they say animals can smell fear.” he looked away, fiddling with his fingers. “I guess I’m just scared he’ll leave me like everyone else does. People have made false promises before. They say they’ll always be there to care for me, but then they turn around and hurt me, or throw me into a different foster home. I don’t know who or what to believe anymore.”

Wolfwere put a paw and his head in Eliot's lap trying to comfort the boy.
About 10 minutes after Lawrance came out wearing a black button down and black slacks. He whent to go check in his two good boys and stated leaving aganset the wall watching "Good boy" Lawrance said and Wolfwere came running over to him. Lawrance gave wolfware scratches then he asked Elliot "You have the stuffed Animal? Thats to give you comfort like wolfware was trying to do and so when you get realu anxious or have a panic attack you can use it to ground yourself especially if I'm not around"

Elliot looked over to the stuffed animal, still tucked into one of the bags. “Do you have a stuffed animal too, mister Lawrence?” he asked quietly. The last thing he wanted to do was offend him. That was what led to the hitting, the violence. The slamming doors and taken meals.

"No I have Wolfwere insted" Lawrance answers honestly giving the dog a pat. Then he said "I need to go to work now, but uh-" he writes his cellphone number down and hands it to the boy "-here is my number you can call of you need help with something I keep my phone on me and my boss is pritty chill" he tells the boy then. "You'll probably be asleep whenI get home, uh, go ahead and take the bed if you want or you can try and find blankets and stuff for the couch if you'd feel more comfortable. I'll be back around 1" he promised then whent to hed out to work.

The silence settled around him in suffocating layers. He stood up, looking around. Shower...that would be good. Elliot picked up the body wash, shampoo, and conditioner that he had picked out. There weren’t any clothes around except for the hoodie and what he was wearing. “Hmm.” he set the soaps down. “This might be a problem.”

Lawrance had told the boy he could barow cloths, or atlest he was pritty shire he had. He was driving to the bar right now. Ot wold take him 15 minutes by truck.

Elliot closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. “Mister Lawrence wouldn’t mind if I borrowed something, right?” he knew the bedroom must be somewhere nearby, he had seen Lawrence go near there.

The room wasn’t too hard to find. Large, square, connected to a bathroom. ‘A big bed for someone who lives alone.’ Elliot thought. He turned to the dresser, beginning to look for what he needed.

“Is this stealing?” he chuckled. “Well, I’m already taking his food, his money, and his time, might as well take something else.” the chuckle turned slowly into tears. He wiped his eyes almost immediately. “Stop crying, big baby. Just go take your shower, then we’ll figure everything out.”

When Lawrance got to work he called the house and left a message saying "Hey Kid, Its me, Just wanted to remind you I have my phone in me should you need anything, of i don't pick up I'll call right back, you have your pizza in the freezer when you start to get hungry hit the pre heat button on the oven and set it to the temperature on the box then the miowave timer will be easier when it actually stats cooking. You can barow some clothes till tomorrow, and if you want to start looking at stuff online the password to the computer is Death123 with a capital D, just leave the stuff in carts and the tabs open and I'll look in the morning...uh, I have know idea what else I'm forgetting about and your pry laghing right now but uh, anywase, I'll see you tomorrow morning... oh ya. If you decide to go out for a walk be back by 10 and the front door key is in a fake rock by the roses. " then he got out and headed in ti start his shift

Elliot heard the message, giving a sigh of relief. “Okay, let’s go calm down. Shower and get clean, then set up your bed on the couch.” he smiled, gathering up what he needed.

‘Oww, too hot.’ he flinched back from the hot spray of the shower. At least the warmth didn’t bring up bad memories. He turned it down a bit and stepped in.

Lawrance whent in and set up the bar making shure everything was ready he opend at 4 and started serving customers and bringing out food prepared by the chief. The bar was never busy and tonight was not an acsepttion.

Elliot came out of the shower feeling refreshed. He set a pillow and his stuffed animal on the couch, getting a blanket and sitting down. The hoodie was soft, nice color. It was a little big, considering he was bony and thin, but he liked the extra room. Elliot set himself up on the couch, and eventually fell asleep.

Lawrance got home a little after one and saw Eliot on the couch and the lack if computer, he kissed the boy on the head and when to shower then go to bed himself.
He woke up at 5 the next morning for his morning run then he got back a bit after 6 and whent to shower then stared making Walffles for them both after taking his morning medication

Elliot didn’t dream, or at least he didn’t remember too much of it. He remembered an angel kissed his forehead to bless him, and the softness of a white lamb, but nothing more. He woke up to the smell of waffles, remembering he hadn’t eaten dinner the night before. “Good morning.” he yawned, stretching a bit.

"Morning Kid, I'm making waffles" Lawrance responded then when Eliot apered he asked "you wana explain why the frozen Pizza is in the refrigerator?" He wasn't mad just amused then a little concerned "also, why you didn't eat last night, your not in trouble I just want to know so we can remedy 9f there was a problem"

Elliot’s eyes widened. “I-I’m sorry. I asked Wolfwere to lead me to the fridge. I didn’t know.” he scrambled to apologize, knowing he had done something wrong. “There’s no problem with food, I love food, but I was really tired I don’t normally get to sleep and sometimesifIdidsleepsomethingbadwouldhappenand-“

Users who are viewing this thread

Back