• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Runaway (IC)

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Don’t let them see you. Don’t get caught. If you’re caught, they’ll put you back into foster care, or stick you in juvie for a week. Maybe worse, depends on who catches you. Run.

Elliot was thin, but fast. Strong in short bursts. It gave them all the illusion that he was a child. He could walk through a crowd and not be spotted, an ability he quite enjoyed. He saw someone carrying a bag of some sort. Large, possibly coming back from work and filled with papers. Maybe food, most likely money.

He didn’t think for another moment. Elliot ran and grabbed onto the person’s bag, trying to make a run for it. But the strap didn’t snap. Their grip was too strong. “Oh no.” he whispered, knowing that this would be the end of him.

Lawrance was on his way home from PT, his gum bag over his shoulder. He was lost in his thoughts, going through his grocery list when somone tried to take his bag. He reacted quickly and grabed the person pinning there arms and pushing up on ther shoulders painfully and asked "What the fuck do you think your doing" before he realized the person was a child and lisend the hold without releasing him. "Where are you parents?"

“Please don’t hurt me!” Elliot raised his hands in front of his face. The stranger was strong. Male, older. “I didn’t mean any harm by it, please don’t hurt me.” he looked away from the stranger.

The question was not unfamiliar to him, the authorities always asked. “I don’t have any parents. They died when I was ten.”

"Whose your legal guardian then?" Lawrance asked the boy, he was two skinny, reminded him of the starving children they softies saw over there. He intended to give the boy back to his legal guarding and let them punish him how thay saw fit without involving the cops, he was wired about the boys waight though and wanted to make shire he wasn't being starved.

“No one. But I’ll be able to take care of myself soon. I’ll be eighteen in a few months.” Elliot spoke with a bit more confidence. He noticed the man looking at him a bit too closely. “I‘ve been told that it’s rude to stare.” he spoke once more, timid this time.

"Your to skinny, you look malnutised. I'm taking you to the hospital with me" he said and let go only to hold the boy firmly by the upper arm and drag him down the street to the emergency room where he told him who he was and to see if his sister would look at the boy. He was emedietly brought back then said to the boy "you gona sit down ot do i have to ask them to restrain you?"

“I’ll sit.” Elliot nodded quickly, sitting down on the hospital bed. “What are they going to do to me, sir?” he was curious and scared. No one had done this before. Most only wanted him out of their way, or in jail for trying to steal from them. “Are they going to hurt me?”

"Not intentionally, you look malnourished, I want to make shure your healthy and not sick, also I have a feeling your not going to give me an honest answer if I ask if you've been abused" Lawrance told him as thay waited.

“I was sick a week ago. I only look like this because I didn’t have enough food stored when I got sick.” Elliot explained, still looking down at his sneakers. “My parents were never abusive, but foster families don’t like teenagers.”

"Son, you don't get that skinny form being sick once" Lawrance said then a nurse came in and took the boys Vitals then she gave him some formes to fill out about himself. Lawrance don't say anything else and a bit later a woman that looked exactly like him came in and said "the Pediatrician and CPS are on there way"

“No no no, I don’t want them here! CPS can’t take me back, I don’t want to go back!” Elliot would fight them, he would kick and scream and do whatever it took. They wouldn’t take him back, he wouldn’t let them. He held the forms away from the nurses. “I don’t want to go.” he said, much more calm now.

"Relax, your coming home with me Kid." Lawrance told him then he said "this is my Sister, she is one of the Doctors here and St. Parigins, she works right her in the ER which is why I bright you to this hospital" by way of introduction "and the nice nurse who needs that paperwork is Nancy, she needs to put you in the somputer system here"

Elliot slowly handed the paperwork to Nancy, looking to the stranger’s sister. “Will I be safe with you?” he asked. The stranger didn’t seem cruel, but looks could be deceiving. “I’m not going with you unless you promise me I’ll be safe where we’re going.”

It was Lawrence's sister that answered, "he's ex military so your about as safe as you can get in that aspect, and if he ever hurts you I promise you thell never find his body" she told him with a smile then her fine vibrated and she said "I have to go. We have a car crash incoming" ans walkd away in a hurry. Lawrence just nodded and said "Between the two of us, she's the scarry one" then the pediatrician came in and said "Aint that the truth, now what's your name?"

Elliot smiled, for the first time in a long time. He felt better than he had in a while. “My name is Elliot. I am 17 years old, almost 18. I haven’t been in a foster home for about two years.” he told the pediatrician.

"Ok, well your vitals look alright, your clearly underweight though so I'm going to asigj a dietary supplement but other then that woth raguler meals and exercise you should me good to go. We need to wait for CPS to arrive before we can release you tho." Then he tured to Lawrance "The Presscition will be in the pharmacy" then he left "any allergies I should know about?" asked Lawrance while they waited "we can go to lunch after this, as a special treat then pick up any belongings you advertise from wherever"

“Not any allergies that I know of.” his stomach growled loudly at the thought of food. “Are you really going to buy me food, mister?” Elliot asked, leg bouncing in anticipation. Hey, he was a homeless orphan. Food sounded as good as Disneyland to him.

"Ya, there's a dinner I like to go to, I'll take you there to celebrate adopting you or whatever it is they call it these days. I just got groceries delivered so you'll have to wait until next month to give input there tho. And we can get you clothes and stuff tomorrow unles there's somthing you really need today" Lawrance told him, "I have work at 3 so I can't take you shopping today but we can swing by a drug store of your need"

Elliot smiled widely. Lunch, and there was food at home. He’d never thought of home before. “I’ll finally have a home.” he whispered, tears coming to his eyes. “I finally get a home.”

"Yes, please don't burn it down" Lawrance said "Its small but its all I got, and...well iys one bedroom but we can start looking for somthing a little bigger, altest two bedrooms, I'v been putting off finading somwere more permanent for a while." He said then the CPS woman came in and he fell silent again.

The possibility of a couch sounded wonderful. A real place to sleep! A roof over his head! No more cold nights out in the rain, no more sickness from the freezing temperatures. Or...not. Would this man get rid of him as soon as he turned eighteen? The thought frightened him. Elliot watched the CPS worked walk into the room, and the stranger became silent. “Hello again.”

"Your actuly Alive" the woman said Raising an eyebrow in disbelief. "I'm bringing him home with me, Elliot is coming home with me, you'll see I'm approved inorder to do a direct fostor incase somthing happens to her.' Lawrance said directly. "Well this wound be most unusual but given the clear fact you get him to a hospital, I'll tell your want If he agrees to stay with you till he's 18 I'll make it happen or go down trying" then she looked at Eliot questioningly.

“I want to stay with him. At least until I‘m eighteen. Then I can decide for myself.” Elliot nodded. “Is there a form I have to sign, something I need to fill out?”

"You no, Master Gunery Sargent Thanos here will and I'll be holding you to your word. I'll be back with the formes there in my car" then she walked off. Lawrance looked at the boy and said "is there anything your gona need today?"

“No, I don’t think so. Is there water and soap at-” Elliot paused. “-at home?” it still felt strange to say. Home. He had a home, at least for the next few months. “I’d like to get clean, so I don’t mess anything up.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back