• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Runaway (IC)

Lawrance gave the kid a sad look, he hadn't done anything. He sat down his burger then said "I take it your not used to being treated Human?" Befoer whiping his hands. Then he put his arm around the boy and said "It's gina be alright from now on I promise. Well get you cloths and a working phone tomorrow. And I'll get you inroled in a online highschool so you can work at your pace and even graduate on time if you work hard. Or you can take the two years, and eather way we'll get you into college and case you've been in the system they'll pay for it and even give you your own place if you want it, I'll make shure of that. Or you can stick with me and we'll find a place that fits both of us. You're gona be alright kid. I sware everything is gona be ok"

Elliot wrapped his arms around Lawrence, burying his face in his shoulder. He knew it would be okay. Lawrence had told him over and over again that everything was going to be alright. “Thank you.” he whispered, hugging the man tighter. “Thank you for this. All of it.”

Lawrance shook his head. "You shouldn't be thanking me, your a kid, exept for colage all this stuff isn't a privilege, it's all God given Rights. Shelter, protection, education there all rights that should never have been taken from you and I can't express how sorry I am they where." He said and pit his other hand gently on the kids head in what he realy hoped was a comforting way.

He hadn’t felt affection since his parents died. It felt so nice. Safe. Elliot started to cry quietly. “I still want to thank you. No one has cared about me in a long time. Not what I had to say, what I wanted to do. No one has cared like you do.” he couldn’t help but cling on tighter. He didn’t want to be let go ever again. Elliot didn’t want to be on his own.

"We'll now you have a family, and if somthing happens you can always turn to my eater of my sister's, or my Dad, I'll make shure you have there numbers and you can meet them all at Christmas when everyone gets together" Lawrance told him then added "And once we get you back to a healthy BMI we can talk about extra cariculer's like a physical hobby or sports. Or even a dog of you want your own to take care of, I know having wolfware realy helped me. Also a job if you want so you can earn pocket money for yourself" he was trying to cheat the boy up and get him to think about good stuff.

Elliot shook his head at the mention of Christmas. “I-I don’t celebrate that. Sorry, please don’t be mad.” he moved away from Lawrence. Usually when he told foster parents about his faith, they hit him or locked him outside for the day. ‘You live in my house, you celebrate my holidays. Got it?’ the voice was still in his head. Elliot tugged at the hem of his shirt,

"Ok, so two thing's first, I'm not gona make you pray but you do have to sit through mass with the whole family, it's one of the two times we uh I go to mass, the other is Easter and I won't make you come then, and your opening presents Christmas morning with the family. Second, when you say you don't Celebrate Christmas, is there somthing else you Celebrate in stead?" Lawrance said calmly

“Sukkot.” Elliot said quietly. “It’s a week long celebration. The first day is holy, and the last day is holy. If there’s a Saturday in between, then I also have my obligations on that day.” he explained. “I’m Jewish.”

"Ok, you still gota sit through Christmas mass, preferably sing when appropriate or altest mouth the words so you don't get dirty looks, and you still gota open presents with the family. But if you get me a list of things we need and explain the traditions we can celebrate any of your holiday's you want to celebrate aswell, atlest the two of us." Lawrance promised him.

Elliot started to tear up again. “Why are you being so nice to me?” he asked softly, still sitting a bit away from Lawrence. “Is there something you want? You think I can make you money or something?”

"I'm just treating you like a human being kid, it makes me sick to my stomach this seams to be a fosrt for you and I've watched frends if mine have there heads blowen off" Lawrance told him shaking his head. "For the sake of total honesty, tho you probably know, already, I will be payed monthly till your 18 but all that money is going into a bank account in your name for when you need it, because I don't and I already have my own savings for incase of emergency that should cover both of us"

Elliot nodded. It sounded okay enough. He would have his own money when he was older, he could do whatever he wanted. Elliot yawned quietly. “I think I’m ready to go home, please.”

Let nodded and had the rest of there food boxed up then payed the bill. Then he said "as much as I'd like to just carry you, I'm soar from PT and shure your to proud anyways. Can you make it a mile? Or do you want me to hed over and come back with my truck?"

Elliot shuddered at the thought of being left alone. “No, I think I can make it a mile, mister Lawrence.” he nodded. Granted, his confidence that his legs wouldn’t give out was thin, but it was there. More determination than the actual energy left in his body.

"Alright kid, let's get going then" he sand and git up taking the boxes of food. Then he waked with the kid out of the restaurant and down the street twords his house "I have to head to work about 2:30 so you'll have to house to yourself, you can pick through the fridge, reheat and finish your soup, or I'll leave money and you can order pizza for dinner if you want." He told him as they walked

“I’d like to wash up while you’re gone, if that’s okay.” he kept his eyes down at his feet. “I don’t want to get any dirt or grime on the furniture.”

"Of corse, I already said you can use my soap until we can get you some tomorrow, unless you feel up to swinging into a corner store for some." Lawrance said then "By the way as for house rules your newly an adult so I only have two one of which will make you roll your eyes, one, don't harass my dog, and two you have free Rain over evening on the house with three conditions slash exceptions, don't go through my phone, don't tuch the guns or amo I have up in the bedroom closet all but one is loked anyways, and don't sell anything."

Don’t touch the phone, don’t touch the guns, don’t sell anything. Free reign of the house. Elliot nodded, smiling. “Those sound like good rules.” he marveled at the thought of being clean. Living like he had...he was used to being smelly and grimy. But he would...finally get rid of that. The thought nearly brought him to tears again, but he promised himself he wouldn’t cry again.

"Jist don't tuch my cell phone, you can use the house phone. Do you want to got straight home and jist use mu soap or make a pit stop to get your own?" Lawrance asked the boy.

“I can get my own, if you’d prefer that.” Elliot shivered. It felt a bit cold to him. “And I promise I won’t touch your phone. I wouldn’t do anything to make you mad at me.” he shook his head quickly.

Lawrance noticed the shiver and said "I want it on record that at some point your gina piss me off or make me mad, you might even do somthing that makes me so mad I start yelling and cussing and they'll be smoke coming out my ears, but at no point will you be kicked out of my house for anything exept a brefe reasanly timed period during which you'll be instructed to exercise and or get some sun, and you will have your own key to my house inaditin to knowledge of the location of the spare key additionaly should the locks ever change it will be woth your pure knowledge and the previous will still apply. That said Lets go to the corner store and get you some hygiene stuff and a sweatshirt"

Elliot listened carefully. The rules seemed reasonable enough, not irrational and cruel like the foster parents. He wouldn’t be locked in a shed for having a snack. He wouldn’t be left on the front porch in the cold if he was late. The most Lawrence would do was make him stay outside and exercise for a little while. Elliot lit up at the mention of a sweatshirt. He loved them. People gave him less pity looks when they couldn’t see his ribs that well.

Lawrance lead the way over to the store and inside "Go pick out shampoo, bodywash, toothpaste, deodorant, a hairbrush and or comb, then of you want them conditioner lotion and you can grab hair gel if you want and uh, well if makeup is your thing grab that to. Then I want you to grab a stuffed animal for yourself, somthing soft and befer you protest I'll explain why to you later in private" then Lawrance checked the back of the kids shirt to get a size befer heading to find the least embarrassing sweatshirt he could.

Elliot made his way over to the aisles, to one that smelled distinctly of soap. “Body wash...” he looked carefully at the bottles. Some were pastel, light, showing pictures of flowers and various fruits. The others were dark and a bit uncomfortable to look at. Elliot picked out a pretty, fruity one, hoping that would be okay.

“Shampoo.” he moved over to the next shelf. Same thing again, only there were very colorful ones beside the fruity ones. “Children’s shampoo.” Elliot smiled. He picked out a bottle that said tear-free.

Slowly but surely, he picked up all the items he needed before ending up at the stuffed animal bin. They all looked good enough to him, but one in particular stuck out. A stuffed lamb, with a blue bow on its head. He plucked it up from the pile and held it close to his chest. “I’m ready to go now.”

Lawrance grabed a plain back hidden for the boy, then his prescribed nutrition supplements, befoer finding the kid and saying "do you want to grab a frozen pizza for you to have for dinner? They have a selection here" he wanted the kid to be comfortable and not have to stress, plus who didn't like pizza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back