• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Rise of the Puppet King.

CormagTheCorman

CormagtheCorman
Please be 20 or older! I'm in my mid-twenties and would vastly prefer to mostly talk to adults please!

So, we've all heard of conspiracies and seen puppet kings/queens/etc. used in various storylines. Today I present to you an idea a sort of slow burn romance/action/high fantasy/conspiracy type thing!

We open on a land currently embroiled in continent wide civil war. I haven't fully fleshed out the continent yet, but expect a lot of your standard fantasy-esque standards and maybe a few twists?

The emperor of the empire currently battling civil war from every side and from many factions is in a meeting with his eldest daughter and most important spy, the head of the empires entire stealth network. Her new aide, Argus, stands beside her. Argus is a beanpole of a man, maybe 110 pounds soaking wet, and almost famously weak. When he steps forward during the meeting, calling the emperor out on his flawed leadership and challenges him to a duel. After the room bursts into laughing, the emperor accepts the duel. Afterall, what better to placate his riled-up people than a little bread and circus?

However, despite all expectations, Argus emerges victorious, all because of a little... Rigging, from the royal princess. Expertly implemented and prepared, with nary a sign of sabotage. However, there was a bit of a miscalculation. Upon the emperor's death, Argus is struck by a silver light. The power of the emperor, previously thought to be locked to his blood, that which has granted his bloodline near immortality and infinite power is gifted to Argus by his victory!

So that's sort of the general idea! I have some progression planned, such as Argus and the imperial princess falling in love, as well as Argus learning about his new powers and how the two of them begin to reclaim the empire, solving the issues plaguing it, and if we go long enough, maybe even some external threats!

Last edited:
Hi there! Would you happen to still be interested in this idea? I really like where you have this going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back