• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The rise of a fallen kingdom (1x1) (Closed)

~5
  • Are you from the city? Are you aware that it has fallen under siege?

His questions seemed to linger in the air, if only he knew the truth of the answers I could give. Not only was the city my home but I had seen it burn from the highest window in the kingdom. Watched as the flames devoured it whole and the ashes wash back into the ocean. I found it best to hold my tongue, fearful that any answer I would give would bring me to my knees in sorrow.

My new companion held secrets of his own, apparent in the words he spoke. Perhaps he too had reasons for disguise. There was an unspoken vow between us, both aware some form of facade each carried yet each regardful of the masquerade. I studied his movements for a moment, they were uniform, strict. Taught. It was obvious he held some sort of training, I only hoped the oath he had made was in favor of protection and not destruction.

Kingdom wrecked in chaos.

I felt my heart seize at his words. I closed my eyes briefly, shaking the images from my head. I had made a promise to leave the past and walk into the future, a plan of resurrection for both myself and my home. Now I was being offered the chance, a glimmer of hope. I ran my hand across Ash's head as she passed giving a quick scratch behind the ear before looking to Rolen.

"I would very much like to accompany you, I take it you have gathered that I am beyond my element," I smiled, raising an eyebrow, "I would be grateful to have someone with knowledge of the mountains."

The start of our journey was one of silence. Both unsure of conversation to carry, and what that conversation might reveal. I held guilt for the lie I had already told him but he had not recognized my face, my name however would give way to my identity. Yet there was something within me that wanted to place my trust in his hands, to find comfort in his knowing.

"You are a soldier?"

It was a simple question, one that would not take much thought. However his response would be the key to unlocking both of our truths.

Last edited:
    Back