• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Rebellion of L'avendale

Did I mess up or nah

• yes you did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nah

• who cares

• why isn't it working ffs

• ok wait an hour it should be up

• Total voters

Reyn

Undying God of Eurobeat
L'avendale: a once vast and prosperous kingdom, now lying in collapse and despair under the reign of 4 demonic tyrants. The land has been split into 5 districts, the fair and just rule of Queen Valencia has been severely limited, and it seems all hope is lost. But how did it come to this?

In the old days of war, when L'avendale was locked in a timeless battle against the Selentian Empire, their King was at a loss for what to do. He was not prepared to lose his kingdom to these empirical tyrants, so he did what no mortal ever should: summon the forces of Hell to aid him. These particular forces were 4 powerful demons, who he requested to become his Generals and help fend off the empire's army. The demons agreed, provided that they took control of the kingdom once the war was won.

The Generals fought incredibly well, using both the armies of L'avendale as well as their own magics to bring about a swift, decisive end to the attacking forces. It wasn't just the army that they stopped, however. Each innocent Selentian village that stood in their way was crushed, and the civilians brutally murdered in front of whatever military or political figure was present at the time. It was a horrible tactic, one which made all other kingdoms despise L'avendale, but it worked. The war was won a mere 6 months after the Generals were summoned.

Seeing his kingdom in a rare state of peace, the King was hardly willing to give up his reign to these cruel, inhuman monsters. He bravely stood up to the Generals, refusing to allow them to tear up his kingdom in the way he feared Selentia would. Their reaction? To just leave him; never harming the King for the rest of his mortal life, just returning to Hell without any consequence for L'avendale.

Generations passed.

Upon the 3rd anniversary of Queen Valencia's coronation, in the midst of all of the joyous (and expensive) celebrations, four figures were spotted off the horizon. Those four figures were soon followed by countless more as the kingdom was suddenly attacked by armies stronger than anything they concieved possible. It didn't take a genius to figure out exactly what these attackers were and what their purpose was: the old Generals had returned, and they wanted the kingdom that was promised to them all those years ago.

The battle was over in moments, and L'avendale was divided up into 5 districts: the Northern mountains of Ravenspeak, the Eastern forests of Thornglade, the Southern desert of Yradia, the Western coast of Fellport, and the main city of Aventura. Each district fell under the reign of one of the Generals, with the exception of Aventura which still remained in Valencia's (limited) control. Every 5 years, the Generals would hold a meeting in Aventura to discuss political matters and re-evaluate how much control Valencia should be given (unsurprisingly, it seemed to drop every time).

But all is not lost. When the gates of Hell were opened to let the armies through, strains of magic were allowed to escape. This magic settled on a small number of citizens, some of which was passed down through the family bloodline. Many did not know of their new powers, but a few did. These individuals tried to rebel, but their small number and lack of magical knowledge meant they were easily defeated. Slowly, they seem to be amassing a greater rebellious force, training young mages to better control their powers to ensure that the reign of these demons will soon end.

Which brings us to now. The 4th Demonic Council meeting is about to be held in Aventura, and the rebellion is prepared. Will they succeed in bringing the Generals to justice? Or will they just fall like the countless others before them?

(A group of magical rebels fight against 4 demon-tyrants in a fantasy kingdom setting. More lore etc. will be readily available as and when I gain enough interest to bother with writing it.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooookay, so this is my first RP on this site and I may mess up quite a bit a few times. I'm going to try and operate it in the way I'm used to (from other sites), but if I step out of line or make a silly mistake, just tell me.

ALRIGHT, ANY QUESTIONS?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to join so long as the magic is balanced in a logical manner. Since this is a fighting Roleplay I hope it can allow for fights that progress logically, by which I mean on the character's actual skill.

I would love to join this rp. One question though did these demons once they took over allow any types of religion or did they shut all other religions down?

@Lovable Dark\-side That's pretty much down to each individual demon. Some of them may have kept the churches of the most common religion (which I may explain as and when I finish the lore) as a kind of educational tool, seeing as demons were part of the teachings, some may have shut them down completely because of 'productivity' or something, and others may have shifted the focus of worship to themselves. The smaller religions with smaller followings probably wouldn't matter to them.

@Miss Derp Thanks! :P

Alright, before I get started making the thread and stuff, I have a question for all of you. Would you prefer it if I created and controlled all of the demon generals or would anyone like to step in and take a few of the roles? If anyone would like to, then they should put how their character rules over whatever district they chose, so I can update the lore section accordingly. If this seems like too much of a hassle, but you still want to have a demon character, PM me when the thread is up and I will make something up for you. If you all just want to have rebel characters and think that it would be better having the demons as something only the gm controls, then I'll make all of the characters anyway.

There will be a poll for this once I get it working. I don't know what I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lorkhan Abeolutely! I may not have worded what I said earlier correctly; having multiple characters is fine, but only one demon character per person is allowed due to the small amount.

@TwistedTruth Neat!

I'll try and get the thread with all of the stuff up soon, but I will be absent for a few hours beforehand. If it's not up today, it will be up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back