• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Rastamander Academy of the Mystic Arts

Axel The Englishman

The Holy Crusader
The Rastamander Academy of the Mystic Arts

The Rastamander Academy of the Mystic Arts - perhaps the most prestigious institution of magic in all of Valrad. One who has dedicated themselves to the Arts could never deny that they had dreamt of attending such an elite university. But alas, only few may be graced with access to its halls. You happen to be one of those lucky individuals, whether it be solely by recommendation or having put in a great deal of effort. But none of that matters. Now you stand before the Academy’s gates, only inches away from beginning your training to become an Arcanist.

~

To provide a synopsis, this roleplay will take place at an institution of teaching regarding the Mystic Arts, in which our characters will be attendees referred to Acolytes - Arcanists who have begun their training to become fully qualified and certified by the government of Valrad. Those participating will be able to select from a number of magic types to suit their interests, and will of course engage in a number of missions and training sessions designed to exam the capabilities and potential of these character.

Regarding the technology of the period, the world will possess similarities comparable to the late 19th century, so there will be a degree of mechanical excellence already established, though this will not override the presence of magic.

As you would know, characters cannot be incredibly powerful beyond all plausibility. They may already possess basic enchanted items and a degree of magical ability, but it should remain to a reasonable starndard given characters will only be young adults.

If you possess any interest, be sure to display it.

Aah, the Rastamander Academy, the Ivy League of the arcane world, no doubt. If it weren't for the time period and the likely setting, I would've potentially had a character idea going, mon. Might have ended up being a little silly, though... but I don't think drugs or stage magicians will be seen as much better.

Do I join an academy roleplay? Hmm, I have no explicit interest yet, but I'll definitely be around.

When I think arcanists, I think of what they might know. Perhaps basic telekinesis, which is a common thing I've seen in novices from fantasy stories. In a similar vein, mental and emphatic magic might be present, along with the more unstable and chaotic forces of spellcasting, such as rastamancy.
Illusions. Displacement. Actual combat magic with missiles and beams and wooormhoooles and such. Or - more likely thanks to the time period - the classic selection of Hogwarts utility spells. As long as I don't need to carry a piece of wood, it's all fine with me.
edit: I might look at Dishonored magic as well

Well, I wonder how close I am to the kind of magic used in this world, or if this is kind of open to whatever as long as it's not too crazy good. That's really the first thing I want to know about first, so if I do become interested I can jump in and be like "I'm gonna make this character, who knows or wants to learn these kinds of spells."

Last edited:
The idea and such does sound interesting. Not sure I will commit to the rp until I see the finished results, but I keep my eye on this.

The GM has been mia from this thread for awhile. I would say the chances aren't that high of it starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back