• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Rabbit Catcher (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Ronan

debussy.
o10e13.png

I expect you to know OOC guidelines by now, but if not, here's a reminder:
  • Be respectful and courteous to one another.
  • Keep this a positive environment!
  • Keep drama to in-character.
  • If you have any questions or concerns please PM me or tag in me in a OOC post and I will do my best to help you!
  • If you're going to talk about your pet I require a picture. :)

Last edited:
Quartermaster is all complete. Also in terms of relationships, if anyone has an idea they want to fire at me, don't hesitate to fire me a message.

BeyondDandy BeyondDandy badhabits badhabits RayPurchase RayPurchase You make me so happy with your characters! I love them from head to toe!

Reno's closest friend would be Shephard with their shared history of being carpenters. With Henry Gates, they are a great captain/quartmaster duo because they both fiercely believe in the same idea when it comes to the ship: crew first. And of course, Iris, what a true swashbuckler. I love the outfit you've chosen for her. :closed eyes open smile:

Hi all! Character for the boatswain is complete ✨

THANK YOU!! Literally the outfit I wore for halloween like 3 years in a row lmao
I’m sure it was very cute!

Also, don’t forget to discuss pre-established relationships! You must have a minimum of two, but I won’t complain if you want to go above that number.

*wave*, I'm still around and Ill probably be putting up a Gunner cs soonish short of any unmitigated disasters

sleepyginkgo sleepyginkgo What a dashing young boatswain! I hope he will see Georgia again with many gifts for her!
D’aw, thank you! Dashing he may be, but he’s completely unaware of it - he’s quite awkward around the ladies (or around anyone showing the slightest bit of interest towards him, for that matter), I’m afraid. 🙈

Last edited:
nevermind. nevermind. Your reservation for the surgeon expires later today! Make sure your CS is in or let me know through here or PMs if you need an extension or help!

nevermind. nevermind. Your reservation for the surgeon expires later today! Make sure your CS is in or let me know through here or PMs if you need an extension or help!

hey, it would be really cool if i could get an extension, multiple unexpected things cropped up at school and at work that i needed to take care of. i'm sorry for keeping y'all waiting :/

oop ok i'm done

Last edited:
Also, don’t forget to discuss pre-established relationships! You must have a minimum of two, but I won’t complain if you want to go above that number.

YAY 😊 I am definitely going with more than two

Ronan Ronan First off, this looks great and I'd like to claim an empty spot! Before I choose one or the other, however, I was wondering what the role of "powder monkey" would entail? Oh, and doing the "cook" role would also be fun, but I'm afraid in battle scenarios, they would be left a bit out to dry (though I'm certain there will be plenty of day-to-day life moments too, so I'm not adverse to the idea).

Thanks!

Ronan Ronan First off, this looks great and I'd like to claim an empty spot! Before I choose one or the other, however, I was wondering what the role of "powder monkey" would entail? Oh, and doing the "cook" role would also be fun, but I'm afraid in battle scenarios, they would be left a bit out to dry (though I'm certain there will be plenty of day-to-day life moments too, so I'm not adverse to the idea).

Thanks!
The powder monkey is typically in league the gunners, able to fight and manoeuvre around the ship easily with information and assist other roles. The cook can certainly fight! There's no reason why you should be restricted to the kitchen! Let your imagination discover what kind of people they are!

Ronan Ronan : Hi there! I'm an old hand when it comes to RPing who's trying to break back into writing after a bit of a break. This has caught my eye and I'd like to reserve the position of the Cook if at all possible. However, I have a few questions about the world first. I'm mainly struggling to get my head around the logistics of a courier ship strictly directing mail to pirates - what sort of letters would we be lead to believe we are delivering? My gut reaction (and probably my character's cut reaction) would be that they carry either threats or offer sinister collaborations, but what is the 'cover story' we've been told?

Secondly I'm wondering about the level of technology in this world. We have airships, but where are we at in terms of computers, machinery, weaponry, etc? Are we in a steampunk world or a more tech-focussed dystopia?

Finally, are we allowed to come up with villains and control side characters relating to our own characters' subplots?

Cheers!

SkyGinge SkyGinge All very good questions that I can easily answer! And of course, welcome aboard as the cook!

My intent is to have the first post of the role-play explain more about the delivery to pirates without giving away too much. We are told that our letters are terms of negotiation, peaceable for all intents and purposes. The government has selected the Rabbit Catcher to deliver this for two reasons: the first being that, while the Rabbit is part of the government, it isn't part of the inner circle. It's neutral in a sense, and secondly, we are among the best couriers of them.

To us, it's an honour to be selected for this delivery.

Next, technology, also a great question. Picture the movie Treasure Planet. The Rabbit Catcher draws a lot of inspiration from that film and closely mirrors their technology. So it's not steampunk per se, but more ... dystopia-punk? A lot of ships are scavenged pieces. Clothes are old. Books are old. The new is built from the old. It's a fusion of the past and future when it comes to technology.

Finally, yes! Absolutely! My goal as the GM is to make sure we stay within the overarching plot, but I absolutely encourage you to create subplots to take us all on! I want you to have freedom with your character. The book is mine but the chapters are yours.

Ronan Ronan : Thanks for the quick and helpful answer! Though whilst you say it's an honour for us, I can see a lot of potential for double-crossing and personal agendas, especially with a place as a covert operative among a neutral vessel would be of great benefit to both pirate and government. I'm afraid the Treasure Planet reference isn't massively helpful to me as I haven't seen the movie, but a quick wikipedia read makes me think of holographic messages from a dead age, malfunctioning robots and cybernetics. Technology recycled from scrap and forced into frequently failing frames.

Thanks for the freedom on subplot creation too! Should I create abridged character sheets for some of my NPC/villain major players too?

I will aim to have a character sheet completed soon, but I may not actually be able to get anything done until early next week, if that's ok?

*wave*, I'm still around and Ill probably be putting up a Gunner cs soonish short of any unmitigated disasters
SweetRose SweetRose Just letting you know that your reservation expires later today!

And for everyone else, how are relationships coming along? :closed eyes open smile:
so about that unmitigated disaster part lol. I have been a bit sick and the last little while killed my productivity but I'm back to it today. With a little luck I should have the cs up soon.

I am currently about 37.3% dead and quite unable to properly... I literally sat here for five minutes and cannot remember the word I'm looking for which probably says enough. look over it lets say lol, but the essential design of that characters is up now at least

Ronan Ronan : So my character has quite a lot of hidden backstory which will become important as my subplots reveal themselves. With that said, do you want me to message you what his background so that you're confident it fits into the world? That way, all you other lovely folks won't be spoilered and subconsciously treat my character differently to how he acts :)

Ronan Ronan I'm afraid the Treasure Planet reference isn't massively helpful to me as I haven't seen the movie, but a quick wikipedia read makes me think of holographic messages from a dead age, malfunctioning robots and cybernetics. Technology recycled from scrap and forced into frequently failing frames.

Should I create abridged character sheets for some of my NPC/villain major players too?

I will aim to have a character sheet completed soon, but I may not actually be able to get anything done until early next week, if that's ok?
I have three answers for you! Yes, you are correct in your guess on Treasure Planet! It is exactly that! No, no abridged character sheets are needed for villains. If anything, PM me the information if you plan on having it be a massive story arc that plays into the grander plot-line. Yes, character sheet done next week is OK! We should only be a post or two into the role-play by then so it's still early and easy to join!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back