• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Problem With Clocks (Interest Check)

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...
The Problem With Clocks
At the beginning of time, the clock struck one.
heart beats and the ticking of the clock
  • the plot

Excerpt from the Diary of Elizabeth Harper, year 1987.

There is something entrancing in knowing the precise moment at which you’ll die. Being born with a mark on your wrist that counts down the exact seconds until your time has come is comforting to some. To most people really. Not to me. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be born without one, to be able to live everyday not knowing when my impending doom would be creeping upon me, like a cat stalking a mouse. There’s something thrilling, I think, about the mystery of it all. You could drop dead at any time, and no one would be ready. Not you, not your family. No one. It would simply be over, and you wouldn’t have to worry about a thing. These damn marks get in the way of that. It’s annoying, really, watching as someone’s clock runs down, as they scramble to make sure that everything is perfect before it runs out. That is no way to live.

I, of course, seem to have the shit end of the stick. My clock is running down it’s final hours as we speak. That’s right. I’m to die on my 18th birthday. Isn’t that ironic? I’ll make it to my adult years, and just as I get there, it will all be over. Two weeks, four days and 17 hours. That is how long I have to finish writing this diary so that maybe, one day, someone will feel the same way I do.

I saw a shooting star today. Do you want to know what I wished for?

I wished that one day, these marks would stop counting down.

Now, almost forty years later, Elizabeth’s wish has gone unanswered. Until now. Deep in the most rural part of Pennsylvania lies a town, called Little River. It has a population of 11,023 people, which, for a town that size, isn’t a lot. People from all over the world settle down here, eager to set down roots in one of America’s Most Charming Historical Towns! Little River, is a town of peace and quiet. A town where there’s only one public school, everyone knows each other and the main attraction is a sports bar: Little River Bar and Grill. I know, the name is truly a creative masterpiece. Each day is like the last: you wake up, go to work or school, and then come home to your family. Teens go to the Grill to drink shakes and eat fried foods. Particularly lonely townies will hit up the bar.

Little River is the last place you’d expect disaster to strike. Or maybe, since these kind of things always happen in some cinematic small town in the movies, you were expecting disaster. Look, I don’t particularly care if you were expecting it or not, okay? Anyways, before I was so rudely interrupted by my own thoughts, I was trying to say that the marks? They stop. Well not all of them, really. Just a group of teenagers. Some celebrate. Does this mean they’re immortal? Others, try and figure out what exactly happened. Why did they stop counting down? And why only some people?

Hi guys I know this isn’t very informative at all, but I was hoping that the main plots be left open for discussion among everyone. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or you wish to join, feel free to say something here.

Please also join out discord if you are interested. Join the The Problem With Clocks Discord Server!

Hmm -_-

I'm not invited, but I'd say it's a pretty good interest check wittle sour patch.

We’d love to have you :)

Dunno yet if I'm going to join since I'm a bit swamped atm, but I'll at least join the Discord and see what it's all about. Maybe I'll be persuaded to join.

Dunno yet if I'm going to join since I'm a bit swamped atm, but I'll at least join the Discord and see what it's all about. Maybe I'll be persuaded to join.
Sounds perfect to me!

Good morning lovely people! This is a bump. I might redo this interest check. Who knows. I’m not feeling lazy for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back