• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

That's a good question. Before firearms were permitted even with no armor or shield players could use weapons to block attacks.

In other instances players got creative and used the environment. Meat shields, branches and other objects

I'm wondering if firearm OCs should forego defense altogether.

Yea, most firearms (even the most ancient ones like flintlocks) shred ye olde armor like nothing... At best, an armor could deflect the bullet if it was at an oddish angle.

Kinda reminds me of the 'Just as the founding fathers intended' copypasta.

Also, my personal deadline is still towards the weekends but if I can sit down during Friday, I might just pull off a post. Btw, can anyone bring me up to speed on what has happened to Brynjor? I read that there were two dice rolls made against him so I want to know if there is anything I missed.

Yea, most firearms (even the most ancient ones like flintlocks) shred ye olde armor like nothing... At best, an armor could deflect the bullet if it was at an oddish angle.

Kinda reminds me of the 'Just as the founding fathers intended' copypasta.
That's why for the longest time it was too OP for my taste.

As long as players are ok with the heavy restrictions on firearms. Also rhe fact that there may be hard counters to the gunslinger class things should be ok.

Also, my personal deadline is still towards the weekends but if I can sit down during Friday, I might just pull off a post. Btw, can anyone bring me up to speed on what has happened to Brynjor? I read that there were two dice rolls made against him so I want to know if there is anything I missed.

So the NPC did target Brynjor. But as with anything, other players can intercept if current player targets cannot post. I think Kirva did that for Brynjor.

Otherwise the NPC targeting you won't be making compound attacks. Usually the NPC doesn't do anything further until the player I target is ble to post

I'll just have Kurt take the hits, I don't see a plausible way he could block them.

Shoot them out of the air? Would that take up my ATK dice?

Shoot them out of the air? Would that take up my ATK dice?

It would utilize ATK dice, yes.
Arrows can be attacked or defended against.
Bullets can only be defended against.

Just options you can take as a player.

Of course, willingly allowing some hits for let's say character development or something to that effect, is also allowed.
And there will be times when the attacks are legitimate enough that characters will have to take the hit because there was nothing they could do.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Jellal Jellal
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Slav Slav

Hey Everyone.

I'll go ahead and post with Seles to clear out the remaining grunts so the group can focus on the Leader Mercs.
To give a brief on our timeline, I would like to get the group into the next story verse sometime next week if possible.
The following verse will follow this one, with no transition back to the fortress, just a transition into follow-up plot point.

Don't forget you all have use of the Allies Tab to speed up the engagement when needed.

Phase 4 of the E.S. is up. 3 OC's targeted.

Slav Slav Kurt's just plowing through the pain huh? Still you knocked the merc off his mount. Too bad our healer is on hiatus V_V

Sorry im a bit confused, ya im interested in creating a character for this

Awesome. So for creating Characters, there is a character sheet available to fill out.

Here is the link below; the character sheet will be under the heading Character Sheet Explanation Format

Hello! Shin, your profile comment lead me here. I am definitely interested, albeit a bit overwhelmed! Do you have any resources that are like...the storyline so far in a nutshell? Also is there a demand for a certain type of character? Let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back