• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lilith seemed satisfied enough by that answer. He nods before pushing away from the wall and went into the back room. Not saying anything to the others as he went. Hex only shrugged before turning his attention back to Rumi.

Hex takes the pictures, looking at them closely. “Regeneration you say? Interesting.” He hands it back. “I have heard it. But I dont know anyone else personally besides you two. But im willing to help in any way I can.” He explains.

She tucks them away. "I'm trying to gauge their target group. The goal is to lure them out so that they can be captured. They've only killed a few people, but their methods are horrific, using whatever's around. Glass bottles, chair legs, rope." She shakes her head. "The current center of the map of their crimes is the shopping district. They usually kill in hotels, parking garages, only once in the bathroom of the mall. They always write in blood on the wall the word Fake. I sent some dried blood to be analyzed a few months ago." She hands Hex a map with 5 circles in red markers on it, centered around the shopping district. "I can't think like a criminal, have yourself or Lilith figure out good places to murder someone in this area. Places that you could get in easily without being spotted on cameras."

Hex looks at the map. “Do you know if there is any common factors between the victims or the locations? Maybe we can predict where or why they are attacking.” He hummed, biting at his lip as he thought. After a moment he handed back the map.

“I can have Lilith scout the area and see if he notices anything strange. But we aren’t fighting these people. As much as Lilith doesn’t want to see me hurt, I dont want him hurt either.*He explains, glancing back to the doorLilith left through.

"Naturally. Siblings are something precious to basically everyone. I'm an only child so I can't relate, but I'm similarly protective of my grandfather." She continues on about the victims. "Most are men 4 out of 5. Background checks don't always but tend to only bring up minor things. Drunk driving, flashing, the likes of that. The ones that tend to find the bodies are the victim's significant others. They're called to the location by text. Presumably by the killer. The girl was the only deviation, both in location as well as notification of significant other. She was the one found in the mall's bathroom."

Hex thinks over the evidence given. “Well I can’t say anything for sure. But we can definitely. This is an interesting sounding case you got.” He shoves his hands into his pocket casually. “I never did get your name miss?” The blond asked, tilting his head a bit.

“Rumi Reinhardt.” She carefully hands him a business card for Reinhardt detective agency. “I’m always there when I’m not out if you need me. There’s also a phone number on there, but it’s the agency’s number. You’ll have to ask for me.” She heads for the door, putting up a hand and waving behind her. “Tell Lilith I said bye and fill him in on the details.”

Hex nodded, accepting the card. “Thank you. Ill let you know if we come up with anything.” He slipped the card into his pocket and waved. “I will. Thank you again for the help. We really do appreciate it!”

She walks straight back to her agency, going through the shopping district to get another look around. There are all kinds of shops. Clothing shops, food stands, even a cat cafe. A cafe you can go into and hang out with a bunch of cats. Rumi looks at the shop a bit. She wants to go in, but that's for after her hands are fixed. The rest of the walk to the detective agency is uneventful, she starts on paperwork as soon as she gets back.

Hex doesn’t call until the next day. He called from a payphone on the street corner by his building. “Hey, can I talk to Rumi?” He asked, the dull sounds of rain echoing behind him. His voice seemed calm yet nervous. He was a criminal after all. Having to call a detective agency was unusual for him.

An old man's voice is on the phone. "Lucky I picked up, huh?" There's silence for a few seconds. "Rumi just left, I'm John Reinhardt, head of the agency and Rumi's grandfather. She told me a boy might call, so soon no less. I'm supposed to ask for your name before assisting you." There's a tapping sound in the background, the sound of a finger tapping a table.

Hexitine grumbles something under his breath before sighing. “Fine. Its Hex. Tell her it’s pretty damn important.” He said, sounding a bit rushed. The teen wasn’t prepared to talk to anyone else from the agency. He was only expecting Rumi.

"Hex. Great, she said you were fine. Rumi said she was going to the shopping district to further investigate. You can find her there. You could wait for her to return, but when she's serious like this there's no telling when she'll be back." He taps a bit more. "Anything else you needed or any messages in case she returns early?"

“No. Just tell here I called. And maybe to meet back at my place when she can. There’s been a situation, and im not sure how serious it is.” He explained, sighing. Hex was eyeing the people on the street. “Thats all.” He hung up.

A few hours later, Rumi walks up to the doorway, knocking on the rim before entering. She seems normal, nothing new or surprised showing on her face. She looks around to spot Hex "Hey, I heard you rang my grandfather. You can trust him to tell me things, but don't let him now things are dangerous. He freaks out and gets annoying. So what's up?"

Hex was pacing. “Sorry. Its just.” He exhaled heavily and stopped moving. “Lilith is gone. When you left I couldn’t find him anywhere. He never leaves without telling me. Ever. I think he went after that ....that.” He waved a hand and growled out. “Killer. I think he went after them, and I dont know how dangerous they are so im not sure if I should panic fully yet.” He got out, running a hand through his hair. “Lilith’s like that. Always wanting to be the hero. And km worried.”

Rumi shoots her hands away from her body, her eyes flashing. She breathes deeply. "Okay, he'll be at the shopping district. If we hurry we can get there in 30 minutes." She bows her head. "This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't involved myself, so I apologize. The past is the past and we can't change that." She raises her head, turning for the door. "But the future is wavy. We simply have to find him first. Let's go" (Shall we do a meanwhile of around and hour or two ago of Lilith trying to find this person?)

(Sure!)
Lilith uses his abilities to fly himself to the shopping district. He didnt want Hex involved with this villain. And he definitely didnt want his brother working with an agent. If he was being honest, he was a bit jealous Hex was at the ability to test someone else with powers. Lilith didn’t want to fade to the sidelines. Which is why he was here, carefully landing on the roof of the mall.

The mall was busy, there were sketchy type people, families all around, shops, and the like. All of this and only one figure really stood out. A girl practically pressing her face up against the glass of the lone cat cafe. People were avoiding her, thinking she was just really excited about cats. She wasn't suspicious, but she looked like she's been at this mall a lot, her bag having a ton of memorabilia of phone straps and the like attached to it. Phone straps you can find at several stands and various stores.

Lilith gave her a confused look before turning his attention to the rest of the mall goers. He was hoping to find someone that might look like the criminal they were after. Pity she had no face. Which made it hard to search, but Lilith ignored that small fact and continued to look.

Nobody in the entire place had was missing any limbs or face for that matter. There were bald people, but that's to be expected. The closest to matching the body type and description was a bald girl shopping in a group with her friends. She had a strap on her wrist, likely coming from a hospital.

Lilith scowled at himself. He didn’t want to profile leople who might have medical issues. But he didn’t want to miss someone. So he took note of the girl. From what little he knew, this villain was definitely a girl. However he didn’t fully believe it was the bald girl. So he only gave her an occasional glance as he continued his search.

The search goes on for 30 more minutes, no other bald girls to be seen. Naturally, there are girls all around him in the mall. A thought occurs. They could always wear a wig. Everyone previously encountered is still a potential culprit. If he had the pictures, body types would be much more easily determined and ruled out. The question now is on how good his memory was.

Lilith had shit memory. All he knew was the girl was bald, no face and missing limbs. Nothing relating to details. He sighed in frustration before taking a break. Thinking while frustrated would just cause more trouble. So he pushed open a door to the back lot of the mall and stepped into the more quiet outside area. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, trying to remember what little he saw. If only he had those damn pictures.

The outfit always comes to mind. That black material concealing the clothes and figure the best it could. The arm is also inescapable. The concentration makes him a bit numb to the sounds of someone approaching. Though, there's a sound that immediately alerts him. "What are you doing snooping around? No offense, but you look like a criminal." Above him is a girl, long white hair and red eyes. She looks down with a large smile. She has no fear of talking to strangers and considers everyone a friend.

Lilith jumps at the voice, pressing himself against the wall as his eyes snap open. “Ahh!” He yelps. “You scared me.” Taking a deep breath he relaxed. “Just tryin to find someone.” Lilith didn’t address the criminal part. His hazel eyes still slightly wide from shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back