• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Cyber0God

Sobbing
Higton High School is a normal public high school in the middle of the city. Most kids live normal lives and grow up to be normal people. All except your character, who learns they posses special abilities. Just in time for the rise of a new super villain in town with abilities of their own.

Can your character balance social life, homework, and their new powers all at the same time?

A slice of highschool life with some super powers mixed in. I’ll be playing the villain. You can choose to be the hero, side with the villain, or whatever else you can think of! Open to anyone!!!

Lilith pulled the ski mask over his face. He was right outside the local mall, a few customers paused and gave him a confused look. The teen chuckled before a large crack began to form in the concrete. A chunk under his feet came loose and he hovered on it, rising a few feet in the air. By now people were taking notice. A few starting to scream and run back inside.

He held his gloved hand out, lifting a woman up into the air. “Good evening everyone! I hope your day has been going well!” He shouted, rising the woman higher. “Now let’s all be civil here! I only have a small favor to ask!” The woman struggled in the air, now a hostage.

Rumi felt the ground rumble. She sighed as she calmly put the gloves she was looking at away. She walked outside the mall, in the opposite direction of the running people. Looking up she saw a scene unfolding. She wore a golden hoodie and a black half mask as well. It was obvious certain people running thought she was working with him. She raised her hands and got closer.
“Mind putting the lady down? I have a few questions for you. Let’s discuss this in a calm and civilized manner, okay?”

Lilith leaned down to get a good look at Rumi. “Lookie here. Some one with true class.” He waved his hand slightly and the woman lowered. “I thought I would need to take more hostages before someone decided to stop running around like a headless chicken.” The woman fell to the ground and hurried back into the building where more civilians hid.

The teen however, stayed up in the air. His ski mask covered his face enough to be unrecognizable, but he didn’t seem to have any physical weapons, just his powers. “Now little miss, you mind doing a favor for me? Id like to skip to the exciting part.”

She takes out a pen and small notebook. Her hands are worn down and callused. She clicks the pen against the notebook “Sure, sure. I’ll do your favor after you answer me a few simple and easy questions. Most likely they won’t even pertain to you.” She looks up and raises a brow. “Sound like a good deal?”

Last edited:
Lilith pauses in confusion before lowering in the air. He sat down on his floating rock. “Sure.” He shrugged. “Bring it on.” The teen said in a semi interested tone. This wasn’t what he had expected. Some of the civilians inside the mall banged on the doors, probably being held shut by Lilith. He paid them no mind, only focusing in Rumi.

She looks down and puts her pen to the page, already writting. The sleeves of her hoodie on her arms are baggy and loose. The hoodie is too big for her. She sighs and shakes her head at the page. “Stop me if I say anything inaccurate.” She looks up “You’re doing something criminal as of now, so presumably you’re a villain of some kind. So my first question: Do you know of anyone, hero or villain with powers that either steal ones power or seal them off?”

Lilith took a moment to answer. “Not that I know of. Why you asking? Trying to find help to stop me?” He shook his head and sat back more. “I don’t even know any others with powers, so I guess I’m no use of you there.” He hummed, starting to levitate small rocks and toss them at cars in the parking lot.

“I’m not obligated to share information like that with you.” she scribbles annoyed and looks up. “Do you know anyone, either legit or in the underground that would have any expanded knowledge networks that may, or may not correlate to a villain or hero with previously mentioned powers?” She looks up and down, not wanting to go through questions that end in dead ends. “Or literally any useful information on this?”

The teen huffed, annoyed with her response. When she asks the second question Lilith starts tapping his foot, debating on telling her anything. “Yeah. A normal kid. No powers. He’s been watching the news and came to me a few days ago. Knows a lot more than I do thats for damn sure.” He shook his head. “Not sure if he could help, but thats all I got.”

Her eyes widen and the pen in her hand falls down to her foot in pieces. The metallic shrapnel narrowly avoids her combat boots. Her hand isn’t so lucky, it being drenched in ink. She pauses and looks at her hand, letting out an extended sigh. “Dammit.” She puts the notebook in her hoodie pocket with her non-drenched hand. Afterwards she looks back up to make eye contact again. “What do you need? After the favor you’ll introduce me to this friend.”

Lilith raises an eyebrow at the exploding pen. He didn’t see what could have caused it to break apart. The teen stands up, the rock finally lowering to the ground. He steps off and slips his hands into his pocket. “Sweet. I need some cash. 2000$ bucks to be exact.” He shrugs. “You get me the cash, I’ll take you to my friend.”

She stops in place, laughing a little bit. Her hands relax to the side, not touching her legs. "That was all you were after?" She chuckles, standing straight again. "You stopped my shopping for $2000 bucks?" She waves her hand back and forth. "Fine, let's make this a job. Once I talk to your friend I'll just pay you. Make things more legal then they are right now." She takes a deep breath before grabbing a new pen from her left pocket, moving it into her hoodie pocket. "I'd prefer it if my friends didn't know I was using shady people for information after all."

Lilith chuckled and spun on his heel. “Alright, this way. I guess I’ll bring you to him. Just know that if you do attack me the deal is off.” He waved a hand and the doors to the mall unlocked, letting the civilians out. “He’s not too far away.”

The building he led you to was run down and beaten up. The windows covered by bars. It clearly was abandoned with no sign of human life. “Here ya go.” he said, waving a hand towards the door.

"Hmm? Your job isn't done until you lead me to him." She looks the run-down building up and down. The raises her right hand to point at the entrance. The ink dried on her hand finally. "Aside from that, isn't it safer for the one they know to go first?" She shakes her head back and forth. "It's like your an amateur tour guide or something."

Lilith rolls his eyes in a huff. “You’re pretty damn picky, anyone ever tell you that?” He grumbled before opening the door and stepping into the dark building. “Yo! Hex!” He shouted into the abandoned building. “Get some pants on! We have guests!”

It looked like a run down office building, with dirt and old newspapers littering the floor. There wasnt any light ecept through the dirty windows. One of the back doors swung open and a boy about fifteen stepped through. He had crazy blond hair, and wore a large tshirt over baggy sweat pants. “If you’d told me you’d bring a girl over i woulda cleaned up a bit.” The boy grumbled.

Rumi regrets wearing shorts. Especially in a place this dirty. She looks around at the area around her. "Great place you got, Hex. My name is Rumi, a detective of sorts." She takes out her notepad and pen. A mouse scampers over her foot, crawling out the door. "Real homie vibe..." She clicks the pen on the paper. "I'm not here to judge why you live out here, but I hear you know more than your masked comrade. First question: Do you know of anyone with an unusual power or gift to erase, conceal, or steal other people's powers?" She hops right into questioning, eager to leave.

Lilith leans against one of the walls that looks a breath away from crumbling. Hex glances between the two and raises an eyebrow. “I don’t know anyone specifically, but depending on the ability, I can try to figure out ways how to counter it.” He shrugs. “Ive been studying people’s abilities lately. So maybe one day I’ll figure out how to make them completely null. But as of right now I don’t know enough about how they work.” Hex explained, tapping his fingers on his thigh as he talked.

She doesn't write anymore, looking conflicted. "Another dead end then?" She places her notebook and pen in her hoodie pocket. "Still, it's better than nothing." She carefully reaches into her pocket and pulls out a penny. She lays it in her palm flat. She bites her tongue, obscured by the black mask on her face of course. There's a small ringing in the air as she flips her hand over, fragments of penny falling to the floor. "What do you need to further your research into this? Blood samples? MRI scans? Funding? Name it and we'll make basic arrangements."

Lilith’s eyes widened under his own mask, but Hex doesn’t seem to be effected. “You destroy everything you touch?” He guesses, taking a step closer. Lilith tenses where he stands, seeming to be ready to defend Hex. “Does it just effect your hands? Or is it full body coverage?” Hex asks, curious.

She notices the protective nature. They probably ran away together or survived on the streets together. Something like that must be the case for them to be so close. She shakes her head back and forth. "If it was full-body I wouldn't be dressed." She flexes her hands, careful not to close them. "Solid objects break easily when it's active. The softer the object, the more strain I take. It makes my heart hurt to do it to soft objects." She goes further into depth. "Everything shatters like glass would, acting as a solid for not even a second, just to shatter." She takes a deep breath, stopping her rant. "It happens when my pulse increases from what I've figured out." She turns her head. "Need anything else regarding information about this curse?"

Hexitine hums and kneels down to pick up the shattered penny. “A few. But I’d also like to make a deal of sorts with you.” He runs his fingertips over the metal shards before looking up at her. “Hex-“ Lilith blurts out, standing up fully. The blond teen turns and gives Lilith a sharp look that makes the other relax begrudgingly.

“I can only learn so much about abilities with one person. I need more examples. So, if you’d like a high chance of me figuring out how to stop this, we can trade. You let me observe your ability and learn how they form and their limits. In exchange I’ll do the best I can to cure what I can with your ability.” Hex explains, dropping the shards. Behind him, Lilith doesnt seem too happy about this.

She notes the look "Fine, but I wanna hear what's on the masked thief's mind as well as your relationship to each other. I mean, it seems we'll be spending a fair deal of time around each other. In exchange for that information, I'll share my notes on another person I'm tracking down."

Lilith glared at the back of Hex’s head. “I don’t like the fact that my brother is going to work with someone who could kill him with one mistouch.” He grumbles. Lilith doesn’t seem to be mad at Rumi, his anger seemed to be more towards Hex.

The blond waved it off. “Take off that stupid mask while you’re at it. At this point there is no need to hide from her.” With a huff, Lilith pulls it off and shoves it into his pocket. He was still glaring at Hex.

Rumi notes this in her mind again. "Don't worry as long as he avoids my palms he'll be fine. And the worst that'll happen if I'm surprised by someone is that his skin will look horrible. Muscles and maybe bone might tear and break, but there's no chance he'll die observing my hands." It's a bit offputting how much detail she has of the effects of her powers on flesh. She takes her notepad back out again. "I'm tracking someone down. Maybe you've heard their name on streets before. A murderer known by two names. One is The Zombie. The other is classified to even me, as I'm not in charge of their case." She takes a deep breath. "What I know I shouldn't tell civilians, but I'm putting trust in you two." She takes out a few pictures. They're all from security cameras, one of them being in that mall. The figure in question is missing its left arm and no hair. They're walking out each building in the pictures. "Their face isn't visible on these pictures, but eye-witnesses say the figure had no face or hair, interestingly they also talk about the... face slowly rebuilding. My goal is to capture this individual, figure out how to use their regenerative properties on others."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back