• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Oregon Trail

I understand. I used to think they were pretty great... History remembers them fondly because it forgets the truth. They may have had in their number kindhearted and spiritual individuals, but as a movement, they'd do all sorts of crazy.

Take the name Quaker. They were thusly dubbed because during their services, it was considered spiritual to spasm and cry out, aka Quake. They were prone to stunts, like undressing on university campuses.

There were good thinkers among them, I guess. But surely it would be unwise to praise the whole for the few.

It was hard to find a source quickly but hopefully this is sufficient:

Robert Barclay, Champion of Quaker Ideal

Personally I do prefer the puritan practice and ways. Those were men of dedication, true spiritual strength, and discipline indeed!
Oh, yeah. I know that. I actually kind of like them for that. I grew up in a predominantly Baptist/Methodist area, and I've gotten tired of having to sit in church, listening to a preacher complain for an hour or two. Peaceful contemplation with occasional outbursts would be preferable to me.

Oh, yeah. I know that. I actually kind of like them for that. I grew up in a predominantly Baptist/Methodist area, and I've gotten tired of having to sit in church, listening to a preacher complain for an hour or two. Peaceful contemplation with occasional outbursts would be preferable to me.
Oooh, I spoke too soon.

These are some mixed feelings. While I'm glad you knew the truth already, I'm sad we stand on two sides of the divide :( The word of God is first, so I can't abide those practices.

It's alright, ma dude. We all got our ways of thinking, and I don't condemn religion by any means. I don't even consider myself agnostic, I'm more...figuring things out, I guess.

Howdy pardners.

Might I mention there were people of all different faiths who traveled the Oregon Trail. I think people were brought together by a common goal regardless of their upbringing, and I hope that's also portrayed in the story. Of course juicy religious drama might be fun too, ha.

I agree with ya. I think that when you're on the verge of starvation, with the threat of animals, natives, deserters, and who knows what else, you'll take all the help you can get.

AYE, I did want that to be part of it. I mean at this point I'm considerin' startin' without a full crew. I don't wanna let you cowboys down but I dont think we'll get much more interest outside of our group.

AYE, I mean I'd put everyone down to handling two, I don't wanna be a beggar. We can make it work as a smaller caravan, pick up folks along the way if there's any further interest

TRUE, but I do have another hot-take from my Deputy idea-man. High Moon High Moon

We either go ahead with the Oregon trail or attempt another Wild Western based in 1870 -- steal some fame off the back of RDR2 but in an altered plot and earlier time period.
marshmarrow marshmarrow Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

A less ambitious setting might be easier to manage between us, but that actually sounds pretty great. Any idea for a plot?

A less ambitious setting might be easier to manage between us, but that actually sounds pretty great. Any idea for a plot?
Yeah, heres the thing, it's either gonna be around a group of outlaws (original, ik, sue me) or we could alter it to a town. Yet we need to keep it fresh or it's gonna go downhill real quick and become a slice of life small-town western. Ain't got much of a plot yet, still working it out. As much as I'd love it to be overarching and brilliant. If ya want, we could make a discord server and try plan something. I mean y'all are the only pardners 'round here who seem to want a Western

Outlaw... town?

I'm down for a discord server.
AIGHT, lets make some PLOT. Outlaw town is SOMETHIn at least but I do have a penchant for sprawling worlds EEEEEEE, guess it depends where the plot takes us, anyway, hOLD TIGHT YEEHAW

Right now we've settled on a small-time gang in Texas wanting to grow. We're trying to figure out a basis of how we're going to make a name for ourselves.

A new interest check will also be forthcoming as soon as more details are worked out. So please, suggest away and I highly recommend joining the discord server. c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back