• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Oregon Trail

idalie

ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʙᴀʙʏʟᴏɴ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to the Trail

790936034.gif

Somewhere out on the plains wagons rumble across the sandy dirt, dust rising up in hazy mist; a migration of men and women trudging toward awaiting goals. Some to be reunited with their families, others to begin businesses, find work, or get married.

The year is 1861, the Civil War has begun and continues to rage whilst the old west is dying with the introduction of the railroads. You are some of the last migrants on the trail and some of the last lives it'll take. Can you survive the outbreaks of disease, troubled water crossings, native American attacks and outlaws? Or will you be cursed to linger on the trail forevermore?

Each Fort stop represents the end and beginning of a new chapter with new challenges to face until we reach our main destination.

Your character CAN and WILL die if you're not careful. Don't try to play the hero and make sure you quarantine sick members to the wagon. A randomised selection will deal with the outcome to your character's health and you'll be notified of any developed conditions or wounds. (All wounds come with the chance of infection).

___

RULES:
1) 2-5 paragraphs each post, if you're not reaching this ideal limit I'll ask you to reach it. If you continue to write less than this, you'll eventually be kicked from the roleplay. One-liners are ABSOLUTELY, not tolerated!
2) Yes, there will be racial tensions, themes of sex and violence. If you are easily triggered or dislike rude language etc. please do not join.
3) Historical accuracy. I expect weapons to be from around or before 1861, this also accounts for everything else during the period. Do not ruin it for everyone else!
4) RpN Rules apply!! Fade to black if it gets saucy etc.
5) Have fun lol, ask me anything xxx
__

RESERVE SPOTS!!!

Caravan Leaders:
Know the trail like the back of their hands and lead with one in front and one behind, the first form of defence and negotiation against outlaws and Native Indians. They're the law on the trail.
1) idalie idalie (Me)
2) (Open)

Doctor:
Keep the cases of illness to a minimum and treat as many as you can with limited supply.
1) Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Clergyman:
Put the souls of the dead to rest and aid other caravanners with their troubles.
1) (Open)

Carpenter:
Essential for wagon repairs
1) (Open)
2) (Open)

Trailblazers:
Take the trail, find opportunity.
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
Just prescribe laudanum. That fixed everything in 1860.

I'm actually really interested in this era so its refreshing to finally see a roleplay about it.

Just prescribe laudanum. That fixed everything in 1860.

I'm actually really interested in this era so its refreshing to finally see a roleplay about it.
tfw gin and opium MMM
but yeah, I love the Victorian aesthetic, especially Western. Shame is not many people are interested most of the time :C

Alrighty! I can do that.
Do yer research into the basic diseases and victorian methods of "eat mercury lol" as medicine and you got yerself a sticker

EDIT: Don't forget to look up symptoms because I'm gonna input some classic cases on NPCs which you'll have to quarantine or the whole group is gonna suffer yEEHAW

Don't forget a cannibalism arc when we get stuck in the mountains.

I can already tell this will be a lot of fun. I hope more people will be interested.

Don't forget a cannibalism arc when we get stuck in the mountains.

I can already tell this will be a lot of fun. I hope more people will be interested.
MAN, I hope so. I've got a whole load of events planned from ye olde injuns to cholera outbreaks, outlaws and civil war deserters, ahghkdakjdnbsa. I gotta find someone to back up the caravans wiv me though

Alright, so my character is going to be a former Civil War doctor who decided to pack up his family and move out West to start a better life. And did I mention he's a Quaker? Because he is.

Alright, so my character is going to be a former Civil War doctor who decided to pack up his family and move out West to start a better life. And did I mention he's a Quaker? Because he is.
YEA, THAT SOUNDS GOOD. Idk if this will get off the ground tho, so dont get ur hopes high

I actually think they're pretty decent. Well, compared to the rest of the world, at least.
I understand. I used to think they were pretty great... History remembers them fondly because it forgets the truth. They may have had in their number kindhearted and spiritual individuals, but as a movement, they'd do all sorts of crazy.

Take the name Quaker. They were thusly dubbed because during their services, it was considered spiritual to spasm and cry out, aka Quake. They were prone to stunts, like undressing on university campuses.

There were good thinkers among them, I guess. But surely it would be unwise to praise the whole for the few.

It was hard to find a source quickly but hopefully this is sufficient:

Robert Barclay, Champion of Quaker Ideal

Personally I do prefer the puritan practice and ways. Those were men of dedication, true spiritual strength, and discipline indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back