• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Order of the Two Towers

The Brotherhood of the Towers

You along with your new sword line are freshly recognized as brothers/sisters to The Brotherhood of the Towers. Placed near the coast to protect the nearby town of Tzelko from sea raiders. Your order has always enjoyed a place of relative comfort able to field 100 brothers/sisters on mount, 300 brothers/sisters in full plate and 500 more brothers/sisters. The order was founded within the depths of two grand crumbling towers filled with ancient texts with many hours spent recording, rewriting and learning for those a part of The Brotherhood of the Towers leaving many who join being those with a deep love for the ancient lore and hesitant to leave their towering monastery to fight when the true fight lies in the preservation of the old lore.

It has only been in recent months your order has found itself on the sidelines of history. The Duchy of Nye has recently requested the order to ride out to fight for them in a conquest of northern lands. Failure to do so on the other hand demands hefty fines upon the order to help support the war effort. A popular choice for many in the order with many voicing their own agreement, and the suggestion to act as small scale mercenaries, so the order can pay the king while preserving their great library, and a way to prevent the large scale mobilization of the order allowing only a few to fight to pay the king.

All you know as a new squire of the order is that chaos is a ladder to climb or a fire to extinguish to preserve the ancient lore. Beware, someone in your sword line is not who they claim they are.

CS
Name:

Titles: (Including those crude names your sword line calls you)

Family History: (Who is your family and why were they un/supportive of the knightly order)

Position: (Scribe, Knight, Smith, Librarian)
Scribe-
Every mage in the order is a scribe, but one does not need to be a mage to be a scribe. Scribes are thrown into rigorous training to memorize magical runes and be able to warn their fellows of traps, curses and enchantments while being able to handle such problems. Scribes begin writing and copying the ancient lore and eventually lead expeditions deep into the tower to recover ancient lore. In battle scribes are used to create great battlements or siege engines. In a fight a scribe is more than capable of fending off any foe with magic, trickery and other tools.

Knight-
The vital organization used to remain on the battlefield and devastate enemy ranks. Not the best knights in the Duchy of Nye, the knights of the tower are known to be fearsome spear users who can march in a battle line of plate or fight alone with fist and sword.

Smith-
Some scribes find a great love for forging new tools for the order. While scribes make great siege engines. The Smith's of the two towers make fearsome weapons that bark with flame or swords that can slice through stone like butter. For most Smith's they spend a life time attempting to forge such a weapon. On battle smiths rely on their own creations leaving destruction in their wake.

Librarian-
Some join the order and endure the training for one reason. A passion for books. While usually not too capable in battle. Librarians tend to become the Grand Master of the order or act as leaders rather than fade into obscurity. They also deal frequently with Tzelko and find themselves highly involved in the local politics. Librarians are also known to use vicious poisons both on and off the battlefield. The most mysterious branch within the order with the squires specially chosen to join the Librarians.

Squire-
To remain a squire is no shame. A squire's job is to help and assist their betters. Many squires find themselves in service to a true knight and journey the length and breadth of the world searching for artifacts. Many squires are heralded as great heroes in the order. Those with hearts of lions, but the desire to be free to pursue quest that speak to them rather than knightly obligations.

Paladin/Champion-
Champion are usually elected by their peers immediately after acceptance into the order. Their only job is to be the best. Days and nights are spent to specialize in one on one combat to become master duelist for the day their duel may come. Many champions find this life tough with a few even leaving the order after decades of service. Those who are chosen find themselves unarguable better fighters than anyone in the order. The only problem is certain.... eccentricities tend to emerge for those few Paladins that continue the path.

Mounted-
1 of 7 squires will be hand picked by the Sergeant of Horse to become the fearsome calvary the order can bring to bear. They live and die with their mounts. A bond so close that when mounted warriors lose their first mount their brothers and sisters must watch over their friend lest they disappear to find death and join their closest friend.

If you feel like your class isn't represented please just add your own and explain it.

Brief History while in the Order: (Roughly 2 years at the mercy of the Sergeant at Arms)

Personal History: (As long or short as you desire)

Magical: (Additional information will be provided via PM)

Why were you chosen to be apart of this new and important sword line:

TRAINING
Weapon of choice: (Most in the order use spears)
Armor: (Heavy or Light? Leather or plate)
Additional training: (Were they planning for you to be mounted, heavy infantry or a scribe?)

Player Rules:
- Follow RPN's Rules.
- Respect the other players and the rules.
- Make posts as legible as you can.
- Post regularly: Accountability is everything to me take a month break just tell me
- Don’t join if you’re gonna leave after two posts if you want to be more detached but still apart of the campaign we can work something out just don't ask to be a main PC
- No One-Liners: I expect at least a couple of sentences. Only allowed in dialogue (I prefer if in deep active dialogue you guys do it via discord or PMs before making a larger post of the conversation since it feels more natural)
- Don't use text talk. (outside of dialogue no lols and such please)
- Don't steal anything, from anyone... (Tactically acquire it... you will receive zero GM help once they realized they've been had)
- No God Modding, Powerplaying, Auto-hitting, Metagaming, Mary-Sues/Gary-Stues
- Ask the person's permission before you kill their character (If things are out of control and everyone agrees a character should die eg. a mountain falls on your character it will be the GM's call)
- Do not write extremely long paragraphs without giving another person a chance to participate in between, especially in battles.
- 3rd person past tense
- No Out-Of-Character posts in the In-Character tab
- Be sociable: I like to know the people I’m roleplaying with, but I don't want you to feel pressured into giving me the front and back of your credit card only that I do enjoy knowing who you are as a player, character and human being
-If the group feels as if I'm unfair in my ruling I have a secret DM who will not be apart of the campaign who will rule on it or in the event my integrity is brought into question we will secret ballot

Game Rules
- Everyone starts up with one character. If this one dies for some reason, then there are remaining stasis units underground, in which other humans reside that haven’t woken up yet. So every time a survivor dies, a new one awakens to take their place.
- I prefer real life photos as opposed to anime ones but by all means feel no need to perfectly fit into what I want. It's your character have fun with it.
- No age restrictions, but maturity restrictions. Please be a mature teen than be a god modding forty year old. I have no desire to get involved between 2 players arguing
- Up to three skills that automatically pass any skill check with the expectation there will be a similar amount of flaws. Don't say I'm good at fighting but your flaw being cooking make them somewhat equivelent.
- Include Character Flaws and Weaknesses. No one is perfect.
- You can be anyone. From a high school student to a gangster or even a member of a royal family.
- This is a realistic roleplay taking place in the rather near future. Humans are humans, no superhuman abilities. The same applies to animals. Evolution is a very slow process.
- Questions are to be asked in the OOC tab.

Can I join
- I will review CS until 5/21/2020 when we will begin if there is enough players
-Send CS via PM or along with your interest you just lose the element of surprise to other PCs no big deal
-I will PM once accepted or to talk to you about your CS basically once you get a PM its about 90% guaranteed
-When in doubt shoot me a message best of luck and stay safe out there!
-Once accepted you will be "interviewed"/"tested" by the Grand Master (All IC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back