• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum the Optimal Blade :: BLADE WARS

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

LEGENDS ARE CREATED...

...AND LEGENDS DIE.

BUT THE BLADE LIVES ON.

[ k u s a n a g i. e x c a l i b u r. j o y e u s e. d u r e n d a l. ]

These names will live on no matter who the wielder is.

But what if I told you that these were swordsmen once?
What if you knew that they ... suffered defeat?

For every great swordsman who arises, another falls and becomes a blade.

e1c9903fa8a643e32b3da7efedbbe623.jpg

who is the most powerful?

credit given to Idea Idea for... what else? the Great Idea/game concept!

Last edited:
This roleplay will focus on fighting, swords, and legendary heroes. Well, actually, YOU becoming the legendary hero.

The only question is: Will you become blade? Or the swordsman?

If BLADE,
will you support your wielder no matter what?
would you serve another master?
will you survive the test of many battles? ... or shatter at the force of a stronger edge?

If SWORDSMAN,
will you uphold your name, honor, victory, and glory?
how many blades can you rack up? or will you use merely one blade and boast?
do you want to be the best? what are you willing to do to reach the top and become a Legend?

If you just had an impulse to write a story or character in response to these above questions, come join a grand adventure involving much swordplay! ;)

Last edited:
Setup:

Bound by fate, swordsmen who embark on the journey to become Legends must fight.

Random dice chooses who is paired with whom.

The winner of the battle will move on to the next match/round, while the loser becomes a blade.
The blade is sentient, but if shattered, the person dies. The wielder, when in contact with the blade, can hear his or her blade's thoughts/talking.

You may create a new character if your old character dies. Start off with one character per person. Once you win three rounds, you may create a second person who is a swordsman/blade/other character.

Once we reach the final battle, there is going to be a big heart-to-heart with the blades and the wielder because the swordsman may only carry into the final match ONE (1) blade. Choose wisely, my friends. :)

Last edited:
There will be a small country which this game will take place in.
It's name is Battalion and all the cities in it are named in memory of the fights that took place.

For example, the capital is Falchion.

Port cities include:
Parry
Fools' Guard

Major cities of trade and commerce include:
Vom Tag
Joyeuse
Wakizashi.

Last edited:
Hmmm… I could use another RP, I guess sign me up cuz you kinda hooked me with the "if this made you feel inspired to write a character…" part.
So count me in!

Hmmm… I could use another RP, I guess sign me up cuz you kinda hooked me with the "if this made you feel inspired to write a character…" part.
So count me in!
Ah, interesting...

Just so you'll know (I'll formalize this in the first few posts later) the character standard is now: magic swords, no magic people. Sword Techniques encouraged, Fighting Style development, and Character/Personality/Backstory is going to be graded.

No CS yet. Will work on that.

Interesting concept, I’ve never done anything in the colosseum before but I would love to try it out ^^ So everyone will create a swordsman first and the loser turns into his sword?

Interesting concept, I’ve never done anything in the colosseum before but I would love to try it out ^^ So everyone will create a swordsman first and the loser turns into his sword?
Yep. That's the basic premise of it. :) Glad to have you aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back