• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - More Members Needed!

Geozaki

Baby Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello everybody, we have a sci-fi RP that has pretty much just started. The whole thing ground to a halt just as it got going (which was honestly, completely my own fault). By time things were ready to get going again, quite a few of the participants were no longer able to take part, and so we’re looking for some people to help us fill in the gaps.

Basics of the RP:
The RP is a Star Trek / Orville inspired Sci-Fi adventure where the characters are the crew of the exploratory vessel known as the U.S.S. Phoenix.

The story so far:
In a ‘pre the start of the RP event’ that is being explored primarily through flashbacks, the U.S.S. Phoenix was sent to investigate a distress call from a small civilian ship claiming to be under attack. Upon arriving at the ship’s location the Phoenix and her crew came face to face with an unknown craft which possessed weaponry the likes of which they had never encountered before. The enemy vessel almost completely destroyed the Phoenix and killed many of her crew in the process.

The RP starts with the relaunch of the newly repaired and upgraded Phoenix. Her crew, both new and old members are preparing to start their journey amongst the stars…

The roles we already have:
Captain - Geozaki Geozaki
Science Officer - Xenobiology Xenobiology
Medical Officer - Karcen Karcen
Chief Engineer - Mineczka Mineczka
Chief of Security - Nothingness Nothingness
Communications Officer - Lost Echo Lost Echo

The Roles we need to fill:
First Officer -
Helmsman -
Chief Navigator -
Tactical Officer -

If you wish to join as other roles outside of this, that is fine too, feel free to ask if you require more information. I will update the positions as they are taken, so if you’re interested in a specific role let me know and I’ll reserve it for you.

You can find the RP threads here: Futuristic - The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - Database

The link will lead you to the RP’s database which is still a work in progress but should offer a fair amount of insight into roles and the ship and so on. There are then also tabs to all other elements of the RP in the usual tab place.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

No way, My boyfriend was actually in this when it initially started and I wrote his race thing, Nice to see it’s still going. Not a huge sci-fi nut but might join if it’s looking good

Interested in joining if you're still looking! Chief cook role maybe?

Last edited:
I'd be down to contribute, if more positions are needed! I could be TAC or the Navigator.

I would be interested in joining! Are the Chief Navigator or Tactical officer role(s) still available? If not, what roles are available to apply for? I have a few character ideas for the stated availability above. I could even go after the first officer role; if you do not mind.

The base character idea that I have would be an El-Aurian male that tries to be very charming, probably relatable to some extent, and is probably going to be a character that brings a lot of comedic relief with what he says, does, or how he thinks about things though he takes his job very seriously (even if most around him do not believe that one bit).

Last edited:
This seems pretty interesting; I'd be willing to fill the Tactical Officer role (or another, if necessary), if you don't mind taking in someone mostly inexperienced to RP.

I have interest in this. I’ll read up and write up a character proposal after getting familiar with the lore :D

Wow! I'm so excited that there's been so much interest! I apologise for not having responded sooner.

Hnm might join in space slime as a helmsman lol
Oooh! That sounds super interesting!

Interested in joining if you're still looking! Chief cook role maybe?
A cook is certainly something we could do with! Don’t want anyone working on an empty stomach after all!

I'd be down to contribute, if more positions are needed! I could be TAC or the Navigator.
Awesome!

This seems pretty interesting; I'd be willing to fill the Tactical Officer role (or another, if necessary), if you don't mind taking in someone mostly inexperienced to RP.
Of course!

I would be interested in joining! Are the Chief Navigator or Tactical officer role(s) still available? If not, what roles are available to apply for? I have a few character ideas for the stated availability above. I could even go after the first officer role; if you do not mind.

The base character idea that I have would be an El-Aurian male that tries to be very charming, probably relatable to some extent, and is probably going to be a character that brings a lot of comedic relief with what he says, does, or how he thinks about things though he takes his job very seriously (even if most around him do not believe that one bit).
Went ahead and sent a character over, I can post it if need be too
I am aware that I’ve received messages from you both and am heading over to read them now! I just wanted to get this post up asap so that I could let everyone know that I haven’t forgotten about this.

I can’t apologise enough for how long it took me to reply, I’d lay out my reasons but the long and short of it is that regardless of what’s been happening it’s inexcusable that I just vanished without so much as a warning or explanation and I am so deeply sorry for that.

I am very committed to getting this up and running again so anyone who is still interested is still welcome to join in, but if anyone, new or returning, has lost interest or is unable to participate any more, I completely understand!

My deepest apologies yet again.

Ah, I thought that this had ended for a while; glad to see that it hasn't! I'd still be willing to join as the Tactical Officer, unless that's been reserved for someone else?

On a side-note, the character idea I had would require the existence of another interstellar nation, completely independent from the Galactic Union (but currently in diplomatic exchanges, thus his presence aboard the ship as a foreign officer). If I join, would that be alright? I could change the idea if need be, since I don't want to mess up any of the established lore.

Ah, I thought that this had ended for a while; glad to see that it hasn't! I'd still be willing to join as the Tactical Officer, unless that's been reserved for someone else?

On a side-note, the character idea I had would require the existence of another interstellar nation, completely independent from the Galactic Union (but currently in diplomatic exchanges, thus his presence aboard the ship as a foreign officer). If I join, would that be alright? I could change the idea if need be, since I don't want to mess up any of the established lore.
As far as I’m aware, the Tactical Officer position has been mentioned by a few people as a role they would be interested in, but it has yet to be outright claimed. So I don’t see there being a problem with you taking that role. If someone else is also super attached to it we can find a work around I’m sure.

Sounds like an interesting idea! I don’t see there being a problem with there being another interstellar nation at all. I’m super excited to see what you have planned.

Posted my character sheet; hopefully it's good, since I didn't spend alot of time to really polish it. If there's any problems with it, please let me know.

Wow! I'm so excited that there's been so much interest! I apologise for not having responded sooner.

A cook is certainly something we could do with! Don’t want anyone working on an empty stomach after all!

Awesome!

Of course!

I am aware that I’ve received messages from you both and am heading over to read them now! I just wanted to get this post up asap so that I could let everyone know that I haven’t forgotten about this.

I can’t apologise enough for how long it took me to reply, I’d lay out my reasons but the long and short of it is that regardless of what’s been happening it’s inexcusable that I just vanished without so much as a warning or explanation and I am so deeply sorry for that.

I am very committed to getting this up and running again so anyone who is still interested is still welcome to join in, but if anyone, new or returning, has lost interest or is unable to participate any more, I completely understand!

The important thing is you got back to everyone. Unfortunately I've become preoccupied since the month following so I won't be able to participate. I wish you all clear skies and safe travels!

Awesome!

Of course!

im still here and excited if we are gonna be getting thing going

Posted my character sheet; hopefully it's good, since I didn't spend alot of time to really polish it. If there's any problems with it, please let me know.
I don't see any problems with it, I think it's a really interesting idea and can't wait to see how Erich and the Emeralden Commonwealth come into play!

The important thing is you got back to everyone. Unfortunately I've become preoccupied since the month following so I won't be able to participate. I wish you all clear skies and safe travels!
Thanks <3
That is completely understandable, I wish you the same.

Glad you are all back! You know I’m in for a good sci-fi opera :)
Thanks!
and Yay!

im still here and excited if we are gonna be getting thing going
Yay! That is indeed the plan!

I don't see any problems with it, I think it's a really interesting idea and can't wait to see how Erich and the Emeralden Commonwealth come into play!

Thanks <3
That is completely understandable, I wish you the same.

Thanks!
and Yay!

Yay! That is indeed the plan!
oop.. could you direct me to the CS >_< didn't realise we had one yet

oop.. could you direct me to the CS >_< didn't realise we had one yet
Of course!
The whole thread, particularly the CS and Database sections are still under some maintenance to update them to the new crew but it can all be found here: Futuristic - The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - Characters - Open and Accepting

So it’s a okay to post my sheet I sent up in the CS section? Or is it best to hold off?
Yes of course, absolutely!

Just had an idea that'd I'd like to propose if required; in the case that someone else wants the Tactical Officer role, or more characters join than there are pre-determined roles, then Erich's role could be changed to a sort of foreign military observer/advisor. Might be weird since it's an exploration ship, but considering the Commonwealth's militarism & their interest in finding out the Union's capabilities, it could work.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Voider Voider Xenobiology Xenobiology Karcen Karcen Mineczka Mineczka Nothingness Nothingness Lost Echo Lost Echo King Krokodil King Krokodil lost_girl lost_girl

I've just made a post to the RP, it contains the briefest most bare-bones 'recap' and is just followed by a normal post. The hope was for it to act as a sort of. 'Let's a go' post and get things back up and running again. I've also tweaked the CS thread to more accurately depict our current cast. If anyone notices any mistakes in anything please feel free to let me know and I'll change it ASAP.

The RP is continuing rather than restarting as we'd barely properly started anyway, the current situation is that the new crew are preparing to launch the newly repaired Phoenix for the first time. They will first travel to a nearby station to restock their weaponry and pick up some other members of the crew and supplies. So for all of our new members you can always write that your character has been on the ship the whole time, that they're arriving a little bit late, or that they're going to be picked up from the station, or whatever you want really. The journey to the station will be a short one, the idea was to let everyone interact a little and get comfortable with their characters before jumping straight in to a big storyline. So if some people do wish to start at the station, feel free to have a bit of a thing between your characters interacting while waiting for the Phoenix to arrive if you wish to do so.

If anyone has any questions or needs any help, please feel free to let me know!

And in case anyone still needs it here is the thread link: Futuristic - The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - Main RP

Have fun, I can't ait to RP with y'all!

P.s. I think I have tagged everyone who I know has at least shown interest as of late, I am terrible with lists so if I've missed anyone please tell me so I can add them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back