• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[The One Ring 1st ed] Looking for group

Red Shadow Claws

Six Thousand Club
Am looking to start a campaign of The One Ring, set in Dale, in the year 2945, years after the Battle of Five Armies.

Your heroes will be able to contribute to the restoration and rebuilding of the Kingdom of Dale, and make a name for themselves.

This will be using The One Ring, 1st edition, rules. I will be restricting what cultures you can choose initially, but as the campaign unfolds, and player actions are taken into consideration, more cultures might be open if/when your old character retires.

Since I have all the PDFs needed, I will be assisting the players in creating their characters.

Last edited:
I'm tempted, but I don't know if I'm up for shelling out on the necessary play materials. Good luck though.

I'm tempted, but I don't know if I'm up for shelling out on the necessary play materials. Good luck though.
You don't need to shell out anything to play. I have the rule books, and I will be more than happy to guide players through the character creation.

Hi there, sorry for not posting sooner. I am interested in this. I own a copy of the 1st Edition game, the Adventurer’s companion, and the Rohan book and would love to play (I also own a copy of the 2nd edition).

I have only gotten to play a few times many years ago at Origins, so this sounds like a fun opportunity.

I'm interested! I've done lots of play by post in the TOR 2nd edition system but it will be my first time doing 1st edition. That said I'm very keen as I've heard many good things and it will be interesting to compare and contrast the systems!

I'm interested! I've done lots of play by post in the TOR 2nd edition system but it will be my first time doing 1st edition. That said I'm very keen as I've heard many good things and it will be interesting to compare and contrast the systems!
Welcome aboard!

There are distinct differences between the two editions. I haven't played 2ed, but I have read it a bit. It would be interesting to hear from you how those differences play out in practice.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Are we still on track for doing this sometime or did you want to look for some more players still?

Just as a heads-up, what cultures are going to be available to us?

Bardings
Men of the Lake
Beornings
Woodsmen
Elves of Mirkwood
Wayward Elves
Elves of Lorien
Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain
Dwarves' of the Grey Mountains
Dwarves of the Iron Hills
Wild Hobbits of the Anduin Vales

Users who are viewing this thread