• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Chapter 16: Till Death Do Us Part - Part 2
Monday 30th May 1949
Afternoon - Warm, Sunny, Blue Sky
Shannon Sullivan and James Porter
fh-jpg.369170
Shannon had spent the whole night by Lucy's bedside. Her daughter's desire to watch Angel die was perfectly understandable and the older woman truly hoped Lucy would get to see the life leave that man's eyes. She always hoped to see the same, since he mindlessly gunned down the love of her life, Emmet. Right now, Shannon knew she was the closest to feeling how Lucy currently felt, so she wasn't going to leave her side.

By late morning the following day, Lucy was allowed to leave her bed so she could be close to James. Shannon helped her daughter to James' bedside where she could comfortably sit by his side. The operation had been successful, but nobody was sure how James really was until he hopefully woke up. The room was silent with just the sound of the heart rate monitor beeping along with the sound of the ventilator that continually worked to keep the man breathing. It wasn't until the middle of the afternoon that there was any progress.

Arrow-Years-End-Oliver-in-hospital.jpg James regained consciousness a time before it was visible for anyone to see. He too could hear the repetitive beeping sound, but his mind was focused elsewhere. The last few memories he had came flooding back to his mind. He remembered kissing Lucy, seeing gunmen burst into the church and then the pain as the bullet ripped into his back. Then he remembered seeing the blood beginning to taint Lucy's dress after she too had been shot. Panic set in as he suddenly realised he was in hospital and hadn't been able to protect Lucy.

James' eyes shot open and he suddenly gasped for breath, lifting the arm of his uninjured side to try pull the breathing mask off of his face. His vision was still blurred, so he couldn't make out the nearby figures. If he could only get the damn mask off so he could ask for Lucy. As he struggled, he let out a groan as he felt the intense pain shooting down his left leg from the injury in his low back.

Although the man was clearly panicking and in pain, Shannon was just relieved to see he was awake. She rushed out of her chair to flag down one of the doctors or someone who would be able to help or assess James now he was awake. James, meanwhile, tried to focus on the figure of the person who remained in the room. He could make out blonde hair and only hoped it was Lucy...

Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan
Sinead, Carrick and their cousins had remained at the Sullivans' home since returning from the wedding. They had been informed that Lucy was awake and doing well, but everyone was still waiting to hear about James following his operation. Sinead was glad to see Mireya was at the house today as she seemed to do a good job at keeping Finn's spirits lifted. Sinead hoped some sort of romance could blossom between the two. A little romance was something she felt Finn deserved more than most people, especially after the things he'd suffered in the past.

Bellz Bellz ReverseTex ReverseTex Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

original.gif Sinead had felt awful since what happened at the wedding and not just psychologically. She'd spent most of the night awake worrying but also in pain and being sick. As today went on, she started to recall all of the times Lucy and Kate had told her she couldn't get stressed in case it harmed the baby. Considering what had happened at the wedding, Sinead couldn't help but feel stressed and now she was worrying about being stressed. Even more than that, she was worried after everything that had happened, something might be wrong with her baby.

Deciding Finn didn't need to worry about this, Sinead asked Aidan to drive her to the doctors so she could get herself and the unborn child checked out. She hoped she was panicking for no reason but knew she couldn't ignore her instincts. Sinead left Aidan in the waiting room as she was seen by the doctor. She was relieved to hear the baby was fine, but she was strictly told she needed to start eating more and resting more. The doctor told her to stay in the waiting room as they prepared some medication for her and double-checked some of her results. Before returning to sit with Aidan, Sinead made a detour in the direction of the restrooms, but was shocked when she saw Angel standing ahead of her.

Enzyme Enzyme Lamia Lamia

Last edited:
Chapter 16: Till Death Do Us Part - Part 2
Monday 30th May 1949
Late Evening - Mild, Dark, Clear Sky
Vincenzo Romano
hfghj.jpg The previous evening, Vinnie had taken Jewels on a date to a fancy bar on the outskirts of the city. He'd been as gentlemanly as always and was sure they'd be seeing each other for a second date. If not, he'd at least see her again when he would go see her artwork later in the week. Although he may have used it as a flirting tactic, he was genuinely interested in seeing her paintings.

Most of today, however, had been spent focusing on more unsavoury business. He'd been given all of the information he needed and made plans to deal with the rat he now knew to be his own cousin, Lorenzo.

That evening, Lorenzo's telephone would ring and he would hear Vinnie's voice at the other end. He wouldn't be able to detect anything different or suspicious in his cousin's tone, it all seemed like business as usual. "Lorenzo, I need you to get to the warehouse by the docks, right away. I need that persuasive tongue of yours to help me with a problem I'm having." Vinnie briefly glanced to his wristwatch. "You can bring Laurel and Hardie with you if you wish to," he remarked, referring to the two "bodyguards" Lorenzo had insisted on having with him these days.

ReverseTex ReverseTex Enzyme Enzyme
Mentioned: Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan
ygkg.png Conor had spent most of the day at the hospital, with Lucy, Shannon and James. He'd also stopped back at home to check on the rest of the family and to keep them updated. He eventually retreated to his office in the early evening as he took some time to collect his thoughts. On the desk in front of him were some rolls of film which he'd managed to salvage from the wedding photographer. He wouldn't say anything for now, but he was certain there might be a few photographs of Lucy and James from before the carnage that could be developed, should they ever wish to have them.

Conor had spent so much time focused on everyone around him that it was only now that he realised how truly tense and alone he felt. At times, it proved quite difficult to keep strong for everyone else without asking for support or comfort in return. Giving in to his own feelings, Conor called Alex and asked her to join him for a drive somewhere. Aware that Athena was currently staying at Alex's place, he knew he couldn't simply turn up on her doorstep.

Conor had parked his car a block away from Alex's apartment and was patiently waiting in the dark for her to come to him.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lorenzo Romano/ Mireya Hart
pedro-pascal-2.jpg
Interactions/Mentions: Lamia Lamia Misty Gray Misty Gray

The day had gone on fairly quiet, receiving only a handful of calls, and mostly catching up with Jack. Throughout the day the two had talked about his faked death, and as much as Lorenzo hated the abandonment, he knew his love had returned to him. His only concern now was keeping him away from Vinnie.

But the calls. One was from Detective Edwards, informing him of the Sullivan Massacre, killing two and gravely injuring his cousins child. He also shedualed a meeting with the man this week, and was told Finnian would be in attendance.

The other however came in the evening, after he had cooked Jack his favorite meal, chicken marcela. He was told he needed to meet Vinnie at some warehouse, along with his two guards. The only oddity being Vinnie requested him bringing the guards... But nevertheless, he obliged, and with persistence, Jack would be in attendance as well.

Currently, Lorenzo sat in his car, Jack in the passenger seat. They were a good few blocks away, to ensure he wouldn’t be spotted. Glancing to Jack, he simpered. “Just stay here. If I don’t return within the hour, or the guards, then be worried.” Pulling him in for a kiss, something he was glad to have back in his life, he stepped from his car. His two guards, Laurel and Hardie, both loyal men, stood besides a blacked-out Mercedes. Climbing in, they were off.

Cz-FI42VQAAJtyG.jpg
Interactions/Mentions: Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

The day had gone by quiet hazily. They had all retuned to the Sullivan household, cleaned themselves, and those who could slept. Mireya slept little, although the coffee she was currently drinking was helping immensely.

Sitting besides Finn, leaning casually against his bear-like frame. She sighed, “I suppose once the waters settle we should go have dinner? It’s been quite awhile since i’ve been on a date, and frankly I think it’s about time I go on another.” Her blue eyes looked up at his, and a playful smile arose. “What about you Finnian? Do you think you could handle a Brit’ like me?”

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino - Afternoon

rsz_2ryan_gosling_a_l.jpg

His mind had been racing ever since his last run in with her. He tried to convince himself it was just the dress, trying to ignore feeling her pregnant belly. He knew he wasn't the most 'careful' guy when it came to intimacy, but he just couldn't understand how she got pregnant. When he saw he walking down the hallway, he could no longer deny it. He stood up from his chair, clearly nervous and uncomfortable. The complete shock on her face didn't help.

"Hi," He tried to break the tension with a forced smile. "Is... That mine?" He asked. He didn't need an answer from her to confirm that she was carrying his child, he was just still absorbing it. He scratched the back of his head and let out a loud sigh. He looked her in the eyes, his uncomfort fading away. "Sinead, I love you. No matter whats happened or what anyone says, I cannot begin to describe how much you mean to me." A smile came to his face, although his glazed eyes suggested tears were imminent. "Under any other circumstance, I would've been overjoyed to see you're carrying my child. Ever since I fell in love, i've wanted nothing more than to start a family with you." He stepped closer to her, holding both of her hands in his. "You're my whole world and i'd give up anything to be with you."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Alexandra Romano
Selena_Gomez.jpg

Alexandra had worked a night shift in the restaurant last night and so spent most of the morning lying in bed with Rocco. She eventually pulled herself out of bed in the early afternoon and moved to the kitchen to get some food. Once finished her breakfast, she heard the phone ring and answered it, glad to hear Conor's voice on the otherline. She agreed to meet with him before hanging up and going in to the bedroom to get changed. Alex was unaware of the events which had entailed at the wedding and so was excited to hear all the details from Conor, she hoped that they had, had a good day, knowing that the Sullivan's desperately needed a pain free event after everything that had happened to them.
"I'm heading out Thena" Alex shouted into the apartment as she made her way towards the front door. She gave Rocco one last rub on the head before walking out the door.
She saw Conor's car parked a little up the road and smiled as she walked over and got into the car. "Hey" she said cheerily, a grin plastered on her face , however the smile quickly faded when she saw the trouble in his eyes "what happened?" She asked in a grave tone
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy Porter

001%2BAmber%2BHeard%2Bas%2BKristen.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy had been ordered by the doctor to rest and try not to worry about her husband who was still in surgery. Lucy appreciated her mother's presence, only wishing that she could have been this way with Sinead. The night went by incredibly slow, despite being told that worrying would only make her condition worse, the night was spent worrying and trying to stay distracted until finally a nurse came in and placed something in Lucy's IV, which knocked her out within a few moments. The blonde woke up in the early hours of the next morning and still hadn't heard any news on her husband's condition. The hospital staff was cooperative and sympathetic with her as she constantly questioned them on James.

Late morning rolled around and proved to be promising when a Doctor came in to inform Lucy and her mother that James was out of surgery. She immediately asked to be with him and was relieved when the Doctor who had been treating her, allowed her to move from her bed and to be by James. She slowly ushered into his room, where she was immediately greeted with the sight of James' still form. Her mother sat her by his bedside and Lucy waited patiently for her husband to wake.

The silence was starting to get to her as the late morning turned into the afternoon, when James' eyes snapped open and he sucked in a breath of air. Lucy's mother was immediately out of her chair and headed towards the door to fetch a doctor. Lucy reached forward and quickly grabbed her husband's hand, the tears blurring her vision momentarily as a sob ripped through her. "Oh thank god." She cried out loud. "I'm here, I'm right here." She reassured him and leaned forward slightly, careful of her own wounds, reaching forward and caressing the man's cheek.

Sinead Sullivan
62.jpg

When Angel approached her and greeted her, Sinead didn't reply. But then he asked her if the baby was his and for a moment she was about to voice offence. He was the only man she had ever been with and for him to question that annoyed her a little. She could see how nervous he appeared to be and she let it slide as he continued to speak. He told her he loved her and made it clear how much she meant to him. Seeing his smile and the possibility of tears from him, she placed her hand to his cheek and sent him a sympathetic look, perhaps even one of pity. She lowered her hand just in time for him to take both of her hands in his own. He told her he wanted to be with her, that he loved her and wanted to start a family with her. This was what she had dreamed of since she was a child. Perhaps not in the order things were happening, but she had always wanted to have her own family and with a man she loved. "You would give up anything?" she softly asked.

Sinead placed both of Angel's hands on her belly, letting him feel the bump where their baby was growing. "I have only ever been with one man," she assured him. "This baby means the world to me. I have so much love to give this child and I intend to make sure they have the best life possible." She placed her hands on top of Angel's, letting him continue to process that was his baby she was carrying.
Enzyme Enzyme

rsz_2ryan_gosling_a_l.jpg

Angel was glad her immediate reaction wasn't to strike him across the face. He felt as if he had bypassed her exterior, on his quest back to her heart. He truly cared for her, without a doubt. The way he looked at her was undoubtedly that of pure and unconditional love. He couldn't help, but feel the butterflies flutter up to his chest as his hands ran across her belly. His dialated pupils locked with hers as he confidently responded, "I would give up anything."

He moved his hands from her stomach to the sides of her soft face. "I was confused before, but now it's never been more obvious." Everything else faded away as he stared into her eyes, the windows to his soul completely thrown open. "It was always you, Sinead. I've thrown myself into harms way for you and would do it a million times over." He knew he would leave everything behind at this point to be with her. He had found a woman he could truly give his heart to and she was now holding his child. There isn't much more a guy could ask for.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan
62-jpg.369303

Sinead listened to Angel's words and sighed as she processed them. He was telling her everything she wanted to hear from him and for a time she was almost drawn in. But when she looked into his eyes, all she could see was the pain and suffering he had caused. Her sister was in hospital and she wasn't even sure James would survive. David hadn't survived at all. Sinead bit her lip as she raised her hands and gently pulled Angel's hands down, away from her face.

"I asked you before to stop doing terrible things. I asked you to stop doing Vinnie's dirty work for him but you said you couldn't. I believed in you and I thought that one day you would choose me over that monster. I wanted Giovanni..." She took a deep breath, surprising herself with how well she was holding it together right now. "Throwing yourself into harms way to protect me doesn't count when you're saving me from the danger you created in the first place." Sinead shook her head as she placed her hand on his shoulder, both to keep some distance between them but also to touch the man she had loved. "I fell so deeply in love with you and you were so kind to me. You were so sweet and loving - I wanted to be with you forever. All the while, you murdered my daddy. You tortured my family. Just yesterday, you ruined what should have been the happiest day in my sister's life. David is dead. James might die. Lucy and Conor were rushed to hospital. All of that is because of you, Angel." Sinead's voice faltered as she forced her emotions back. "You are Angel. Giovanni is gone now... I'm so sorry, but you can't be in my life anymore. I don't even think you should be in our child's life, not after everything you have done." Sinead pulled her hand away from him and folded her arms in front of herself. "Goodbye, Angel."
Enzyme Enzyme

Ryangoslingangry.gif

Angel fought the urge to blurt out multiple times that attacking the Sullivans was never about Vinnie, that he did it because he needed to. He knew it would be pointless to reveal his true motives, plus the last thing she needed to know right now was the truth. Instead, he did the hardest thing he could possibly do; he let her go. He watched her slip from his grasp, physically and metaphorically. If someone had pressed their ear to his chest, the could quite possibly hear his heart break.

Through his glassy eyes, he slowly nodded. He bit down on his lip before softly saying, "Well, that's that then." He put his hands on his hips, looking off as he absorbed that this was it. Not only did he lose the only woman he wanted to be with, but he lost his child as well. Without saying another word, he turned around. He walked down the hall, disappearing into the sea of doctors and nurses. She was gone, like the last wall holding back a sea of madness.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter
(Afternoon)
arrow-years-end-oliver-in-hospital-jpg.369231

James was unbelievably relieved when he heard Lucy's voice. He was so glad to know she was alive and he hadn't lost her. He closed his eyes for a time as he felt her soft hand caressing his cheek. Once he reopened his eyes, he gazed to her face, his blurred vision eventually fixing itself so he could she her more clearly. He moved his hand to his face again and pulled the damn breathing mask off so he could speak. He gasped and took a few deep breaths before controlling his own breathing. He placed his hand to her cheek so he could gently stroke it and he managed a faint smile. "I'm so glad you're okay," he told her. "I thought we'd never see each other again." He grimaced as he continued to try blocking out the pain. "This isn't the honeymoon suite I booked us into," he groggily remarked.
Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan
62-jpg.369303

Sinead bit her lip and quickly nodded her head as Angel said his parting words, perhaps the last he would ever say to her. Once he had walked out of sight, Sinead stumbled back into the wall which was the only thing stopping her from falling to the floor. As she continued to lean against the wall, she tightly crossed her arms over her chest as she once again felt her heart break into a thousand pieces. She knew this was it and there was no going back now. She would never be able to hold that man in her arms again and they would never be able to raise this child together. As she burst into tears, her body trembled and she became oblivious to the world around her.
Lamia Lamia
Mentioned: Enzyme Enzyme

Conor Sullivan
(Evening)
ygkg-png.369234

When Alex got into his car, Conor turned to face her, the streetlight illuminating the couple enough for him to see the cheery grin on her face. Though he had little to smile about, seeing her grin at least warmed him a little. He wished she could always be by his side when he needed someone to comfort him in these times of anguish. "Hey, Alex," he replied to her. When she asked him what happened, it was clear she'd picked up on his mood. "The wedding..."

Conor looked away for a moment as he tried to hold himself together, but the tears rolled down his face and he couldn't help but let his emotions out in the form of a quiet sob. He eventually pulled himself together and looked Alex in the eyes, his own eyes glistening beneath the dampness of his tears. "Angel and some other goons showed up at the wedding, right after Lucy and James had finished their vows. It was chaos," he said. He knew he shouldn't even be driving yet, but he had ignored the pain just to get out of the house and hospital for a time. "They killed David and Kate. Angel shot James and Lucy. James was very nearly killed, but he woke up this afternoon, thankfully. I fought with Angel, but I couldn't even finish him for good," he bitterly remarked. "As though that wasn't enough, he even planted a bomb which very nearly killed Sinead and the baby." Conor had previously confided in Alex about his sister's pregnancy, knowing she wouldn't tell anyone else. "Your dad and Angel are psychopaths. They won't ever let this madness end."

Alexandra Romano
latest

Alex turned in her seat slightly so she could face Conor. The tears in his eyes and the sobs did not go unnoticed but instead of commenting on it, Alex placed her hand gently on his leg, allowing him to speak when he was ready.
A look of shock flashed on her face as Conor began to speak and was quickly replaced with horror as her worst thoughts were confirmed, her family made the wedding into a massacre.
Alex sat in stunned silence for what felt like hours but in reality was only a couple of seconds before breaking the silence by hitting the dashboard in frustration. What scared her the most was that she wasn't completely surprised that something like this had happened and she didnt even have it in her to be angry, what was the use? She had been angry, upset and even talked calmly to her father the last time and yet nothing changed, nothing was ever going to change and she saw that clearly now.
"Lucy, Sinead and the baby are they okay?" She asked him since he never followed up on them like he did with James. While she knew they were alive from what he said, she wasnt sure how injured they were. Alex bit her lip as she looked him over quickly, her eyes scanning over what she could see in the dim light "are you okay? Are you injured?" She asked him as she looked back up to make eye contact with him.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Athena Archer
tumblr_osjejkZDmE1vk08kdo4_540.gif

Athena had been feeling very sick the whole entire day and a half. She found herself vomiting almost non-stop and feeling very nauseous. Even the scent of eggs in the morning made her sick. The girl wasn't sure why she was feeling so ill.

The girl had booked an appointment with her doctor, as she was worried that something serious was affecting her overall health. It wasn't often that the young woman got sick like this. It was quite rare. Athena slowly got out of bed, her bare feet meeting the soft flooring. Athena rubbed her eyes, cleaning up and getting dressed. The girl has been in bed for almost the whole day, she was that sick. Quickly styling her curls, Thena grabbed her handbag and set out to the local clinic.
Athena caught a taxi, which drove her to the institute. She exited the cab, entering the building. Her feet took her to the front desk, where she signed in.
The appointment would not be until about 10-15 minutes so the girl had some time to kill.
Eyes glancing around the building as she walked, Athena noticed that this was a very family-oriented clinic..
Then, Athena stopped as she saw a girl around her age with a large round stomach crying her eyes out. Her heart broke at the sight, as she was the same way after the situation with Leo a couple months ago. The young woman bit her lip, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Athena approached the girl, "H-Hey. It's alright." She spoke in her soft, yet timid voice. The young woman ignored her sickness for the time being as she looked at the young woman. "I'm not quite sure what you're going through but..I understand." Athena voiced gently, knowing how it felt to feel like the whole world's against you.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayna Caito

4efe3fc1-93b1-46dd-b45a-7eeed6709243.jpg

Yesterday was supposed to be a happy, proud day for Rayna Caito. But instead, the wedding ended in bloodshed. Rayna could hardly sleep last night, staying the night at the hospital and hoping that James would be okay. She stayed in James's room along with Shannon and Lucy. The woman was there for most of the day, gifting him a card by his bedside hoping that he would be awake to read it eventually. Upon seeing that he was awake, she would feel relieved before retreating back to the waiting room to give Lucy and James some alone time.

Interactions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aidan Sullivan
Cameron-Boyce-RAW-01.jpg

Despite the drama that went on, Aidan still took Sinead to the doctor's as she was feeling not too well. The girl was worried for the baby but he assured her on the way there that everything would be fine.

Aidan waited patiently in the waiting room, curiously reading magazine gravitated to mothers expecting. Might seem odd seing a nineteen-year old boy reading a magazine designed for mothers..

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Last edited:
Lucy Porter

Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions : Lamia Lamia
Lucy's tears flowed relentlessly as she leaned into James' hand on her cheek, not stifling the emotions she had been feeling over the last 24 hours. A small smile came to her lips as she turned her head and pressed a kiss into his palm. Turning slightly, she moved to see if Rayna was still in the room, but just like Shannon, her mother in law left for the moment. A small weak laugh bubbled from the blonde's lips as she turned to look back at James, hearing his remark. Taking his hand from her cheek, she held it in both of her own and let out a shaky breath as she leaned against the hospital bed mattress, shifting in her chair slightly. "Unfortunately, no honeymoon until you get much much better." She mused softly before turning serious.

"I thought I lost you." She whispered to him softly. "You were in the operating room for hours, they wouldn't tell me anything but then they would pull everyone else out of the room to explain things..." Lucy understood this was only for her benefit, but she didn't like not being informed of her husband's condition. She was just relieved to see him alive and on the mend. Lucy could tell he was in pain and she hoped her mother would be back with the doctor soon, for now, all she could do was be there, and she hated not being able to do more. "I am so happy you are awake ,"She murmured as she used her other hand to wipe at the tears under her eyes. "Hospital staff has been calling me Mrs. Porter all morning, and I really prayed that it wasn't going to be an empty reminder." Lucy took his hand and kissed it softly, wincing only slightly as she moved awkwardly.

Finn Sullivan

993c54fad5cdb64fa515aee4b6c971c9--liam-hemsworth-hot-hemsworth-brothers.jpg

ReverseTex ReverseTex
Mentions: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Finn was laying back against the couch in the lounge, with Mireya leaning into him, enjoying the coffee that had been made. The day of the wedding had come and gone quickly without the festivities that were suppose to follow after such an event and everyone headed home or to the hospital to visit the bride, while the groom was still in surgery. Finn was even more horrified by yesterday's attack than he had been when Emmet was killed, especially in the house of God. Finn wasn't terribly religious, but even the occasional sinner had more moral than Angel. It had made Finn terrified to think that he was the father of his sweet cousin's child. Sinead had been quiet since the entire incident, much like she normally was when those types of things occurred, however, almost everyone could see why she was.

Finn tried to comfort her as much as he could while trying to keep the house together while Conor and Shannon were away. Sleep was nonexistent to the young man as he kept watch around the house, not really trusting his surroundings yet and wanting to make sure someone was up to get to a phone if news turned grim. A smirk formed on his lips as Mireya spoke, cheeks darkening, he laughed softly at her boldness, admiring that about her.
"A date huh? Gosh I might be a little dusty on that type of thing." He teased lightly, the smile that everyone knew and loved forming just for the blonde staring up at him.

A twinkle came to his eyes at her question and his smile turned slightly flirtatious. "We Irishmen enjoy a good challenge." He said with amusement and a wink. "A date would be lovely, its been ages since I've been on one."​

[Afternoon]
Sinead Sullivan
62-jpg.369303

Sinead was suddenly dragged out of his cries when she heard a soft voice speak to her. She looked to Athena, her brown eyes still filled with tears which continued to trickle down her cheeks. Sinead was sure she hadn't spoke to this young woman before, but she still seemed a little familiar. Athena said she understood what she was going through and Sinead couldn't help but shake her head.

"Thank you, but I don't think anyone understands the kind of mess I'm going through... Are you having a baby too?" she curiously asked, figuring she was in the part of the centre that was all about family planning, for a reason. "I just had to send away the man I love - this baby's daddy. It's oh so complicated and dangerous and now my baby can't know its daddy," she said, quickly wiping away her tears. Athena seemed sweet and no doubt would be clueless to the world Sinead lived in. The wars between her family and the Romanos - most people were oblivious. "Angel is a bad person, but there was some good in him..." Sinead started to cry again. It wasn't that she was regretting her decision, but she was regretting Angel's bad decisions and that she was forced to deprive her child of its father.

Lamia Lamia

James Porter
arrow-years-end-oliver-in-hospital-jpg.369231

James gently moved his thumb along Lucy's cheek to wipe her tears, before she took his hand in both of hers. "No honeymoon yet? Damn..." he hoarsely replied.

"In the seconds I had before blacked out, I thought I'd lost you too," he admitted. When she explained how long he'd been in surgery and that everyone had been worriedly waiting for news, he realised how bad things had been. He hoped there wasn't some news they were yet to break to him. Apart from the pain, everything felt fine. He could feel all of his limbs, fingers and toes, so that was a huge relief for him. "I'm sorry I caused such a fuss," he began, clearing his dry throat. "I'm sure the wound is nothing I couldn't have fixed up myself... I'm fine," he joked, referring back to all of the times he'd casually shrugged off his bleeding wounds in the past.

James gently squeezed Lucy's hand as she told him how happy she was he was now awake. "Mrs Porter? I like it. We'll make up for everything he took from our day," he told her. Just mentioning Angel brought a flood of questions to his mind and he was about to start asking them when the doctor and a couple of nurses came into the room. The married couple's conversation was put on hold for some time as James was checked over and given more painkillers. It looked like there was nothing else to worry about other than making sure his injury healed properly and they continued to monitor him, checking for no infection.

Once they were gone, James turned his head to face Lucy again. "What must they have thought when they saw the rest of the scars?" he half-joked. It really was beginning to feel like he was acquiring a new scar at every big event. "Come on then, tell me what happened after I blacked out. Is everyone else okay? Tell me Angel's dead?" he asked Lucy. "I know David was armed, so he wouldn't have thought twice about killing Angel."

Bellz Bellz

Shannon Sullivan
fh-jpg.369170

Shannon sat on the corridor opposite Rayna. The two women hadn't spoken in over 25 years. Times were different back then. In fact, people would be surprised to know how chilled out and gentle Shannon was when she was in the early years of her marriage to her bad-boy husband. Shannon knew how families back then controlled their lives, having been disowned by her own parents because she chose Emmet over her parents and their religion. Shannon didn't regret it and she certainly didn't regret turning her back on the strict religious upbringing she'd had forced upon her. After all of the things that had happened, Shannon was glad she had turned her back on God.

"Are you planning on sticking around?" Shannon suddenly asked Rayna. "I know you and I got along pretty well before you left Chicago, but you're going to have to excuse me if I don't seem so welcoming now. Your family has persisted to attack mine and that man you call a cousin is just as unhinged as the one who shot your son yesterday. Please tell me you're not here to mess with James' head, because I've grown pretty fucking fond of my son-in-law and I'd hate to do something rash..."

Lamia Lamia

Athena Archer
tumblr_osjejkZDmE1vk08kdo4_540.gif

Afternoon

Athena's eyes focused in on the girl in front of her as she turned her attention to her when she spoke. The girl would thank her but went on to say that does not think a person would understand her situation."I very well might understand. My life has been utter chaos since last year."
Athena pushed her curls away from her face as the other girl asked her if she was having a baby as well. "I..don't know." Athena responded, eyes glazing back over to the main office. She didn't remember Royce using any kind of protection that night so it could be a possibility. Athena hadn't thought of it before now but the thought made her worry just a little.
Her brown eyes shifted back to the young mother in front of her, listening to her as she spoke about her situation. This girl did look familiar, she didn't know her but something about her just seems so familiar. Thena bit her lower lip, feeling sorry for the girl. However, her attention was even more taken by the girl when she uttered the name Angel.

"Angel?" Athena muttered.
"Angel Gambino?" She questioned. Athena didn't like the bad things the man did but she would be forever grateful to him for saving her from those evil men. Angel was the father of this girl's child. It was a surprising thought as this girl seemed so sweet and Angel was..something else.
She focused on Sinead, heart breaking at the sight of her crying again. "Do you want to sit down and talk about it?" Athena asked, feeling like if she talked about her feelings to a confidant then maybe she would feel just a little bit better. That worked when she talked with Olivia about the whole situation with Leo.

Athena grabbed a Kleenex, offering it to her and placing her warm brown eyes on her.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Rayna Caito
4efe3fc1-93b1-46dd-b45a-7eeed6709243.jpg

Afternoon

Rayna was sitting outside James's room with Shannon. A silence taking place with the exception of the busy hospital staff. Her attention was diverted to Shannon when posed a question. The woman nodded, "Yes I am." she answered. Shannon explained her coldness and James's well-being. "I understand Shannon." Rayne replied, knowing why the woman was the way she was. If Rayna had stayed in Chicago, there was a high chance that she may have turned out like the other woman.
"I would never mess with James's head. He's too important to me." She assured gently.
The woman sighed softly, "Pretty tempted to fuck with Angel though. He needs a taste of his own medicine." Rayna mused.
She bit her lip, "Vinnie is his father's child. He's too far gone now." The woman voiced gently.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
[Evening]
Conor Sullivan
ygkg-png.369234

Conor watched as Alex angrily hit the dashboard. It brought his mind back to the state he'd left his office in back at home but right now he didn't care about the room he'd trashed earlier today. Conor bit his lip and nodded as Alex asked how his sisters were. "Lucy was shot and luckily she wasn't hit somewhere more dangerous, but she still lost a lot of blood. When Lucy and James were shot, I thought I'd lost both of them," he admitted. "Angel very nearly finished the job on James, but I managed to tackle him and stop his second wound from being fatal."

Conor took a deep breath as he thought about Sinead. "There was a bomb planted in the wedding cake and Sinead was right in its path before Angel tackled her out of the way. He at least did one good thing in his life and saved Sinead and the baby." Conor covered his mouth as it played in his head. "It sickens me thinking how close she was to being killed. You know how hard it's been for me to imagine my little sister with that monster. I've hardly been as harsh to Sinead as mum has, but I've not exactly been as close to her as we used to be and I feel really shitty to think she could have died before I had chance to mend our relationship." Conor nodded his head with certainty. "I'm going to make sure Tinkerbell knows how much I love her. The baby too. I'm far more relieved to know the baby is going to be okay than I thought I would be..." He placed his arm around Alex's shoulder, taking comfort in her warmth. "I think I've been quite closed-minded. Please don't take offence, but look at you. You're sweet, amazing and a good person, despite having a psychopath for a father. Sinead's child can be good too, surrounded by love and encouragement. I don't think anyone is born evil."

Conor glanced to his leg when Alex asked if he was injured. "Angel stabbed me in the side of the knee during our fight, but I've had worse," he remarked, playing down the injury. "After everything that's happened and trying to appear strong for the family, I just need you now. I'm sorry for burdening you with all of this, but you're the only person I can share my worries with and the only one I can turn to for comfort. I just want to hold you, Alex," he sadly told her.

(Vinnie post coming up soon)​

[Evening]

Vincenzo Romano
hfghj-jpg.369235

The small warehouse by the docks had been empty for some months now and it had been used by the Romanos on a number of occasions recently. The place was relatively empty, with the odd crate currently containing knives and equipment that was just there in case required. In the centre of the room was a simple table with three chairs around it. For now, Vinnie sat in the middle chair so he had a direct view of the entrance where two of his men stood holding Tommy guns. As he waited, Vinnie sat back in his seat and lit up a cigar as he casually rapped his fingers on the table.

Vinnie had been given enough information on Lorenzo's betrayal to last a lifetime, but that was something Lorenzo didn't have much of as the minutes went on. It was very interesting to know Detective Edwards had been so bold as to enlist in Vinnie's own cousin as an informant and to risk upsetting the Romanos in this way. From the digging Vinnie had done, the Detective had made no efforts to shield his own family from the possible repercussions, but once tonight was over he didn't doubt the lawman would be scrambling to protect his own loved ones. As he should, because Vinnie took this whole situation very personally. Lorenzo was unfortunately family, so it didn't get much more personal than that.

Thinking of family, a smirk crossed Vinnie's face as he thought back to the rumours... or even truths, about Angel and Sinead. Now that did amuse him. It seemed Angel had once again proved himself and gone the extra mile to fulfil an order Vinnie had given him quite some time ago - to corrupt Sinead Sullivan. He'd have to speak to Angel about that little matter later. For now, he was focused on waiting for that rat of a cousin named Lorenzo.

151058604846831.jpg

Sinead Sullivan
62-jpg.369303

Sinead took a few deep breaths to control herself and wiped her tears away with her sleeves. "You - you don't know? Are you here to find out?" she curiously asked.

Sinead was taken by surprise when Athena repeated Angel's name, along with his surname. It seemed like she knew him, but Sinead wondered in what capacity. She knew by now the father of her unborn child was a man of different lives or personas. "Yes, Angel Gambino," she confirmed, the surprise evident in her voice.

Sinead nodded and took a seat with Athena, glancing across the waiting room to Aidan and sending him a look to tell him everything was okay, so he wouldn't worry. Sinead took a tissue from Athena and used it to soak up her tears. "How do you know Angel?" she finally asked. She didn't doubt Athena's response would dictate how much she could tell the young woman.
Lamia Lamia

Shannon Sullivan
fh-jpg.369170

Shannon nodded her head when Rayna confirmed she was sticking around. After everything that had happened, she knew James and Lucy needed as much normality as they could get. She also knew James still hadn't had chance to speak to his siblings. yet.

"I'm glad to hear it," Shannon said, flashing a brief smile as Rayna said James was important to her.

When she mentioned Angel and Vinnie, Shannon tightened her jaw. "Well, let me know when you intend on fucking with Angel, because I'd like a front row seat," she remarked. "That man murdered Emmet in front of my family. Angel has no boundaries." She scoffed as she thought of Vinnie. "Even when you were here all of those years ago, Vinnie was an ass, but he was at least human and clearly didn't agree with his father's ways. But you're right, he is now just like his father was and over the years he's lost it. He tries to blame it on losing Gianna, but he was a sick fuck before then, which I'm sure your son will attest to."
Lamia Lamia

Lucy Porter

Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions : Lamia Lamia
Lucy sighed softly as James spoke about being a fuss, and was already shaking her head. He was definitely not a fuss to her or anyone else in the family. They were all worried for him. A small smirk formed as he joked about being 'fine,' which he said to her every time he obtained a new injury. The fact he was joking about it now proved he was going to be okay. Lucy was relieved that he was still the same man before and after the incident, not knowing whether or not James would end up cracking like most of her family had.

Lucy nodded silently as her husband stated they would be making up for everything Angel took away from them. The reception and the honeymoon were put on an abrupt hold for now and although it saddened Lucy to know they didn't even get to have one day for themselves, she was just more than happy to be with James in these moments, after having felt like he would be gone forever. Just as he finished his sentence, a line of nurses and the doctor finally arrived. Lucy moved away from the bedside momentarily to let them examine James, biting her lip nervously as they waited for the verdict.

Relieved when everything was reported as being normal, and that they were going to watch for signs of infection, Lucy was immediately back at her husbands beside. The questions that follow stunned her into a temporary silence. Everyone knew that Kate and David were killed yesterday, she had learned about it all herself last night after Conor and Shannon relayed the information. James and David were close, close enough to know that the news of his death would only cause James heartbreak. Lucy contemplated for a moment on whether or not she should tell him in his current condition before deciding.

"Well," Lucy began retaking his hand in her own. "Conor and my mother had to catch me up on most of the chaos...I passed out from blood loss shortly after you did...Everyone is...better." Wincing at how that statement sounded, she shook her head and sighed as she struggled to find the right words. "Angel had our wedding cake rigged with explosives, luckily it missed its intended targets and detonated out of the way of people. The church is destroyed." The blonde knew she was stalling now as she tried to think of a way to explain to her husband that David was gone. "Conor had stopped Angel from killing you...he was going in for a head shot when Con tackled him. He's got a knee injury but he seems to be doing a lot better. Unfortunately, Angel got away. And David..."She sighed again. "James...David was shot and killed at the wedding...along with Kate." Reaching her other hand out, she closed it around there hands together and met his eyes. "I am so sorry love."

James Porter
ezgif-1-eff03f239c.gif

James frowned when he heard Lucy had passed out from blood loss and he gently squeezed her hand as she held his. He didn't like that he hadn't been in a position to look after his wife and help her when she was injured. His eyes opened a little wider as she mentioned the cake was rigged with explosives, but he was glad to hear nobody was injured by it. "Conor stopped him? I'll have to thank him when I get the chance." He felt frustrated that Angel got away, but he was glad to hear Conor wasn't severely injured. Thinking of the head shot seemed to only now draw his attention to his second wound and James brought his hand up to feel the bandage covering the wound at the side of his head. "Shit..." he muttered, realising just how close it had been. He really did need to thank Conor.

When Lucy finally mentioned David, James couldn't help but realise she had been stalling around the subject of his friend. Then she dropped the bombshell that David and Kate had been killed at the wedding. Kate had only recently been spending more time at the house and he knew Luca had grown quite fond of her. He couldn't believe Vinnie had finally got his way and it had to be at the wedding they'd invited Kate to. David's death shocked James and it affected him more as the two men were such good friends, they had been for years. "Not David..." he said, in disbelief. He slowly shook his head, wincing as the movement cause pain to travel down his back. James bit his lip as he tried to fight back his emotions, but he was too exhausted to fight it and could only cry as he thought about losing his friend. "I can't believe it," he said, tears brimming in his eyes. "David was having his own wedding soon.." James couldn't speak anymore as the tears finally escaped his eyes and talking about it just became too much.
Bellz Bellz

Alexandra Romano
latest
Alex nodded slowly when he explained that Lucy was stable and going to be ok. It hurt Alex's heart that such a joyous occasion could be turned into nothing more than blood and violence so quickly and she couldn't understand the reasoning behind this. Rayna at the wedding, while she knew what her father was, she never expected him to be cruel enough to shoot Jame's in front of his mother, especially with Rayna being his cousin. Alex rubbed his leg in a comforting motion but remained silent when he said how he thought he had nearly lost them both.
Her eye's widened when he mentioned the exploding wedding cake but she remained silent until he had finished. "As awful as this was take the brighter side of it. All your family are alive, Sinead survived and she is going to have a baby. James and Lucy survived. Let this experience strenghten you's, get close to Sinead again and build up that family bond that the Sullivan's so famously had" Alex said this in a somewhat inspirational tone.
She smiled slightly to herself when he talked about how amazing she was and slightly leaned into him, as much as she could when he wrapped his arm around her. "No-one is born evil, life, nurture and all that effects a person, somehow I made it out ok and so will that baby once you's all treat it as you's already treat each other" Alex said gently. "Sinead will be a great mum" she added as an afterthought.
When he mentioned his knee, Alex's eyes darted towards it and she frowned before looking back at him "you should not be driving" she scolded him with a playful tap on the leg. As he continued to speak, it hurt Alex to see him this broken and upset. "Dont ever apologise for coming to me" she said as she moved to sit on her knees "I am always going to be here for you" she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the forehead before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling herself into him more so to hug him properly.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo Romano/ Mireya Hart
pedro-pascal-2.jpg
Interactions/Mentions: Misty Gray Misty Gray

The drive was short, and the solace even shorter. This situation never really set correctly with him, and he was on high-alert. As the car crawled to stop outside the warehouse, he emerged from the back. Sticking his head in, he whispered to the guards. “I’m not to sure how this will go down... Alert Edwards. I’m getting a bad feeling about this.” Shutting the door as the two nodded, he took a deep breath, then entered the lions den.

Vinnie was located in the center of the room, puffing at a cigar, and sitting quite monotonously. Lorenzo tucked his hands in his pockets as he cautiously walked towards the table, his heels echoing through the deathly silent warehouse. Taking a seat to the right of his cousin, he leaned backed comfortably in the metal chair. The situation reminding him of his first encounter with Detectice Edwards months before...

My two men are outside, so I did bring them. But I am here as requested, and I do not see any other bodies. So enlighten me how my persuasive tongue will be of service Vincenzo?”

Cz-FI42VQAAJtyG.jpg
Interactions/Mentions: Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

With a smile, she patted Finn gently. “Glad to hear.”

(ok i’m sorry that sucked. long day for me and Lorenzo is my main focus atm...)

Vincenzo Romano
hfghj-jpg.369235

Vinnie saw Lorenzo enter the warehouse and gave his cousin the most pleasant of smiles. "Ah, Lorenzo. I'm glad you didn't waste any time," he said, outstretching his arm to offer him a seat to his own left. He noted how his cousin made a point of mentioning he'd brought his two men, or more accurately, two of the Detective's men. Vinnie didn't mention them for the time-being.

"You're right, Lorenzo. There aren't any other bodies," he noted, figuring the two armed men by the door didn't count to his cousin. Then Lorenzo asked how his persuasive tongue would be of service and Vinnie sat back, a crooked smile forming on his mouth. "Well, you're going to have to use that persuasive tongue of yours to convince me not kill you, dear cousin." Vinnie stubbed out his cigar in the ashtray and sat forward. "You see, I know you've been working with Detective Edwards. The drugs, the alcohol... I knew there was a snitch and it didn't take me long to lead it back to you. Am I right or am I right?" he asked. "Oh, and Detective Edwards has been called out to investigate a homicide, so I wouldn't expect your friend to get you out of this one."

Vinnie beckoned the guards over. One would point the gun a Lorenzo whilst the other handcuffed the Italian man's hands. "Does it feel strange being on the receiving end of an interrogation?" Vinnie curiously asked. He glanced forward as the two men returned to their positions by the door.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back