• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

rsz_2drive1.jpg

The two guards at the front of the entrance had no problem staring down the guards in Lorenzo's car. While it was intense, to say the least, it didn't appear that either parties would make any hostile movements. Despite what Vinnie had originally told Lorenzo, Laurel and Hardie were on high alert after Lorenzo informed them of his skepticism. They didn't dare move their eyes off of the armed men at the entrance, making sure to have a firm grip on their firearms.

Their unbridled stare at the Romano goons proved to be a fatal flaw, as Angel appeared behind the building opposite of the warehouse. He calmly power-walked to the front of the car, firmly gripping a Smith & Wesson M76. The bodyguards managed to pick up the outside movement, just as Angel pulled the trigger. The bullets tore up the dashboard of the Mercedes, along with piercing and cracking the fiberglass windshield.

Laurel instantly took a chest full of rounds, most of them piercing through his back and ripping through the fabric of the passenger seat. Hardie caught two rounds to the chest and third to right shoulder. Angel released the trigger, allowing steam to pour out of the multiple pressure holes. Hardie struggled to open the driver's seat door, just able to reach the handle.

The two guards of the warehouse looked on as Hardie used his non-mangled arm to drag himself across the glass riddled pavement. Angel, circled around the nose of the car, before resting the submachine gun at his waist. He emptied several rounds into Hardie's spin, ending his fighting spirit.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Conor Sullivan
ygkg-png.369234

Conor nodded along as Alex spoke. "I know you're right. This will bring us all even closer together. We've still got to work on my mum, but I think we're all okay with Sinead having this baby now. I can already tell Finn and Aidan are going to spoil the kid," he lightly noted. "It's just a shame this isn't going to be the kind of life Sinead always dreamed of. You know, the whole finding Prince Charming, having a big girly wedding and living happily ever after," he noted. "Regardless, I know Sinead will make a great mum. She already loves kids, babies, anything adorable!"

Conor couldn't help but grin when Alex told him off for driving. "I shouldn't do a lot of things, but when does that ever stop me? And who would have thought that plucky little lady who used to stalk me outside my pub would turn out to be so strict and bossy, huh?" he playfully asked her. As she leaned over and kissed his forehead, he wrapped his arms around her to give her a tight hug. He then passionately kissed her lips before pulling away. "Right, sit back down and tell me where you want to go. It's a nice warm evening, I'll drive us somewhere pretty so we can enjoy the fresh air for a bit."
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lorenzo Romano
pedro-pascal-2.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme

A borage of gunshots echoed from the exterior, although Lorenzo kept his focus on Vinnie. This would be the day he knew he’d be dreading. The day he looked forward to see Jack once more, in whatever afterlife was out there. But now, that was all unsure. Except for one thing

Vincenzo Romano knew.

Setting his hands on the table, allowing his cousin to cuff him without struggle. His emerged eyes had lost their usual flair, replaced with something... Colder. Leaning in towards his cousin, his mustache curling, he sneered. “I’ll use this tongue of yours to tell you how it is.”

“As much of a rat I may be, I will fully confess to treason against you, Vincenzo Romano. Not the family. Your family is afraid of you cousin. Your own daughter is afraid of the monster you are... Your children don’t love you, they fear you.”
Leaning back into the chair, he continued. “You are a dangerous man cousin, and a hell of a buisness man. But know one thing if it be my last words on this Earth. Nothing golden ever stays...” And as grave as his situation was, he began to laugh. Laughing harder than after hearing a good joke.

Alexandra Romano
Selena_Gomez.jpg

"Mother or not, Sinead is a sweet girl she will find a man someday who will sweep her off her feet and treat her the way she deserves" Alex assured him with a smile.
She laughed when he mentioned how she used to stalk him "ah dont say it like you didnt enjoy being stalked" she teased "you used to keep an eye out for me as well" . Alex kissed him back before sitting back properly in her seat "yes sir" she mock saluted before putting on her seatbelt. She bit her lip in thought of where to go. "I honestly don't know, the park maybe?" She suggested with a shrug. She looked out the window as they drove, keeping one hand resting on Conor's leg. Her mind was racing and she didn't know what to do, she knew there was no point in confronting her father anymore, he never listened to her anyway and that was made very clear by his actions, but did she abandon him all together? Cut off all ties with her father?. She knew blood was going to be shed over this and was probably safer having her father still looking out for her and on her side but she also knew that Conor would never let anything happen to her so she was safe without Vinnie. Alex bit her lip and pushed the thoughts to the back off her mind, she was in no danger and so didnt need to worry about this now. Right now Conor needed her to be his rock, not the other way around.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano
hfghj-jpg.369235

Vinnie listened to the repeated sounds of gunshots coming from outside the warehouse and let out a whistle as he pulled an exaggerated awkward expression. "Ah, shit. You weren't attach to those two cops, were you?" he mockingly asked.

Everything Lorenzo said about Vinnie's kids barely even registered with the Italian boss. He by now knew how Alex felt but that was his own business. Business had to go on and his kids were safe. Their safety came before love and hugs. He only had to look at the weak Sullivans to see how that lifestyle worked out for them. "We're not talking about me tonight, Lorenzo. This is all about you," Vinnie assured him, not wishing to give in to the attempt to turn things around on himself. "I am a dangerous man and I'm confused as to why you wished to put yourself into danger. You should have stayed gone, Lorenzo. You could be screwing some guy right now until your precious little heart is content."

When Lorenzo began to laugh, Vinnie couldn't help but join in. His cousin was a hoot and he was making this far easier than imagined. Perhaps Vinnie would be home in time to catch up with the newspapers before going to bed and sleeping easy. The Romano boss raised his hand to catch the attention of the men guarding the door. One of them opened the door and beckoned for Angel to join them.
Enzyme Enzyme ReverseTex ReverseTex

Athena Archer
tumblr_osjejkZDmE1vk08kdo4_540.gif

Athena bit her lip and slowly nodded her head, "I've been feeling really sick lately. I'm hoping it's just a virus or something. I love children but I'm not sure if I can take care of one myself.." She trailed off, a worried look evident on her face.

The crying girl seemed surprised that knew who Angel was. When she confirmed her suspicions, the other girl's voice was laced with shock.

The doe-eyed girl took a seat beside Sinead, looking at her. The auburn-haired girl then asked how she knew Angel. Athena rested her hands on her lap, "Well, my godfather is the leader of one of the most controversial gangs in Chicago. That man is Vinnie Romano." Speaking in an almost hushed tone when she spoke his name. The young girl looked up, "Vinnie's kinda like my second father in a way. Anyways, Angel works for Vinnie and so I see him around pretty often." Athena spoke.

She focused her eyes on the girl, "Although I never paid him any mind until he..erm rescued me from these men. He must have some morals if he was willing to do that." Athena voiced softly, looking up at Sinead. She sighed gently, looking to Sinead.

"How..did you meet Angel?" The girl was curious to know how such a nice girl like the one before her could end up with Angel.

Athena focused her brown eyes on Sinead, "My name is Athena by the way." She spoke softly, offering a gentle smile.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rayna Caito
4efe3fc1-93b1-46dd-b45a-7eeed6709243.jpg

Rayna nodded as Shannon spoke. "And to think I trusted Vinnie to watch over James." she sighed. The woman glanced towards the room James and Lucy were in. "I wish I knew then what I know now.." The woman mused gently.
She looked to Shannon, "Before I left, I didn't get the chance to talk to Ronan when I left. How was he after I left? Was he doing okay with raising James and everything?" Rayna questioned.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

rsz_2drive1.jpg

Angel entered the room, the usually charming man's expression replaced with a cold and non-repented stare. He handed the warm submachine gun to one of guards, who in return, handed Angel the keys to Lorenzo's handcuffs. He slowly approached Lorenzo in a methodical manner, before stepping behind him and out of his sight. He stood over the man, remaining calm as he slid the keys into his cuffs. As the handcuffs loosened, Angel gripped the wrist restraints. Just as he seemed to be releasing Lorenzo, he suddenly jerked the handcuffs up to his neck. He grasped both sides of the restraints, using the chain in between to strangle Lorenzo. He leaned back and pulled up in a jerking motion, forcing Lorenzo to his feet. In the struggle, Lorenzo's flailing legs kicked over the chair as Angel interlocked the restraints and continued to garrote him.

He released the pressure, leaving Lorenzo to collapse onto his hands in knees. While he had a coughing fit on the floor, Angel wrapped both ends of the closed handcuffs over his fist, to act as brass knuckles. He hardly gave the poor man enough time to catch his breath before he gripped onto the back of his shirt and belted an uppercut into the man's diaphragm. He released three more powerful uppercuts, feeling the man's ribs crack over the cold metal. Blood dusted out of Lorenzo's mouth with every hit, like the broken nozzle of a red spray paint can.

He yanked back on Lorenzo's shirt, forcing him to standup right. His nose and cheek were immediately met with the cuffs in a brutal right hook, fracturing multiple bones. Lorenzo's half-conscious body pleaded to collapse, but Angel gripped his hair before he could make it to his knees. Angel happily gave the man a seat as he met Lorenzo's face with yet another right hook. The force of the hit sent Lorenzo to the pavement, leaving behind some torn hair strands in the hand Angel used to keep him up.

Usually, Angel would've let up by now, seeing as Lorenzo was sprawled out on the floor with blood pouring out of more than one orifice. Instead, Angel got onto of him and used his knees to pin his arms to the floor, so he couldn't use them to cover his head. Angel took advantage of his exposed face, landing lethal hits to the man's eye socket and mouth. A horrendous dink sound was made every time the metal cuffs made contact with Lorenzo's skull. Angel finally stopped, allowing the bloody cuffs to hang by his sides. He stood up and looked down to Lorenzo, who was almost unrecognizable from the quick swelling. He tossed the metal aside, moving to stand behind Vinnie.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Lorenzo Romano
pedro-pascal-2.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:

Vinnie’s words were almost as funny as his own, as he heard a pair of footsteps on the concrete filter out the pairs laughing. Just as he was about to speak, he felt the man unlock him, and he decided to not struggle. To let whatever Vinnie want to happen, happen. And with that thought in mind, the beating began.

Sputtering, and a indescribable feeling waved over Lorenzo, as he crawled along the floor, but he felt Angel atop him once more...

Barely able to keep his eyes open, his vision blurred and covered in his own blood. He coughed, feeling his throat and ribs cave in with each haggard attempt. Struggling, he brought himself to a kneeling-like position, although heavily leaning on his knee. Falling over once, he took a few moments to assume the position once more. Looking up at his cousin, for what would be the last time, he cleared his throat.

Spitting a mouthful of blood at the man, his voice was croaked and almost inaudiable. “Do it yourself next time you bastard.... Maybe you’ll have more balls than him....”

Sinead Sullivan
62-jpg.369303

Sinead looked to Athena and sent her a sympathetic smile. "Well, if you are pregnant, I'm sure you will be able to learn how to take care of the baby." Sinead sighed. "I felt the same and wondered how on Earth I could care for a child. I still don't think half of my family has faith in me. But I've done some research and had time to think. Now, I believe I can take care of my baby. I'm scared of doing it without its father to support me, but I really think I can do this. If you are pregnant, isn't the baby's father in your life to help?" she asked. Somehow, talking to this stranger seemed to make her forget about her broken heart for the moment.

When Athena mentioned her godfather was Vinnie, Sinead tensed up and instinctively shuffled away from the young woman slightly. "I'm sorry, I... I know who Vinnie is and he's not very nice," she said, putting it way too nicely. The man was an evil monster, but for some reason Sinead didn't want to upset or scare Athena. Sinead noticed how Athena seemed surprised when saying Angel had some morals, something she already knew about him.

"Angel saved my life last year. We began seeing each other after that and I fell in love with him. I saw a side to him that nobody else did. He had morals when he was with me and he was very sweet," she assured Athena. "Not like Vinnie Romano," she admitted. "Sadly, I can't be with Angel anymore..." she trailed off, not wanting to speak of what he'd done the previous day in case people overheard her.

"Athena..." Sinead said, smiling when the young woman introduced herself. She felt a little scared to give her name, knowing this person was close to Vinnie, but she figured he couldn't do any more harm than that which was already done. "I'm Sinead," she told her.
Lamia Lamia

Shannon Sullivan
fh-jpg.369170

Shannon frowned as she tried to recall what Ronan had told her and Emmet after Rayna had left. "I know Ronan pleaded with Vinnie to stop you from leaving or to make you come back. But Vinnie knocked it back in his face. He told Ronan that you left because you were ashamed of your relationship with him and you wanted to start a new life away from Ronan. Vinnie told Ronan that both he and James were a mistake." Shannon cleared her throat and thought of how Emmet had found Ronan beaten in the street after Rayna's departure. "Ronan was told never to mention your name again else he'd be killed. So, from then on, Ronan barely mentioned you and he told James what he thought was the truth, that you'd walked out on them." Shannon rubbed the back on her neck as sitting in hospital chairs for the last day was giving her the worst aches. "Ronan changed. He became much more serious, distant and lost that boyish spark of his. He and Emmet came to blows quite often, though they always resolved it and eventually grew close again.Despite those changes in him, he always looked after James and made sure to raise a strong and decent young man."

Lamia Lamia

Vincenzo Romano
hfghj-jpg.369235

Vinnie remained seated as he watched Angel beating the living daylights out of Lorenzo and making a mess of the man's face. Not that it would even matter soon. Vinnie cocked his head to the side and observed the beaten man, his words about him doing it himself next time simply flying over his head. Vinnie had wasted enough time letting this man back into the family, why should he waste his energy too? He had men for that and clearly Angel needed to get something out of his system. It was a suitable arrangement for both of them. "You won't be around to see the next time," Vinnie spoke up. He retrieved his half-smoked cigar from the ashtray and lit it up again, taking a long drag from it. "You were never real family, Lorenzo. You were always thinking you were better than the rest of us."

After a short while, Vinnie got up to his feet and crouched down to retrieve the handcuffs Angel had thrown, so he could place them in his own pocket so there was no real evidence left at the scene. Vinnie briefly held the cigar between his lips as he reached into his inside pocket to retrieve his revolver. Holding the gun in one hand and the cigar in the other, he walked towards his cousin and stood a short distance away, looking down at the man as he aimed the gun to his head. "It looks like Detective Edwards will have to find himself a new pair of eyes." Without further words, Vinnie squeezed the trigger, sending a bullet into Lorenzo's left eye socket.

Vinnie simply turned away and placed the gun back into his pocket. That was that. More trash had been cleaned out and tonight it just happened to be so-called family. "You two, get yourselves home early. Good job, gentlemen," he casually dismissed the two armed guards. He then glanced over his shoulder to Angel and motioned for him to walk out of the warehouse and away from the docks with him.

Once they were out in the fresh air, Vinnie tossed his finished cigar aside and looked to Angel. "Not that I'm complaining, but you seemed pretty pissed off tonight, Angel," he noted, looking to the younger man. Angel might be an employee, but they'd known each other for many years now and Vinnie often looked to the man as another son to him. He cared about the man's well-being. "Would this have anything to do with what I've heard about Sinead Sullivan being with child?" he calmly asked.
Enzyme Enzyme ReverseTex ReverseTex

Athena Archer

Athena listened as the other girl gave her advice. The girl was even feeling a bit less worried with Sinead's words to her. She however, froze when Sinead asked about the father if she was with child. "He has passed on. He was one of the men Angel saved me from.." Athena answered softly, unsure how to answer her question at first. The girl felt uncomfortable just talking about the man that took her innocence. She bit her lip, "I'll be on my own if I'm having a baby."

Athena shrugged it off as Sinead apologized for scooting away at the mention of Vinnie. "It's okay. I understand, even he scares me sometimes." Athena admitted. Vinnie was not an angel, by any means and Athena didn't blame Sinead's reaction. The man was the devil to common city-goers.

She listened as Sinead explained how she met Angel and the process of falling in love with him.

She slightly perked up when the girl gave her name. Athena smiled softly, "That's a really pretty name. Sounds like it belongs to a princess." Athena voiced softly with a sweet smile. Even throughout her suffering, the girl was still ever so sweet as can be.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

(Doing Rayna in the morning possibly)

Lucy Porter

001%2BAmber%2BHeard%2Bas%2BKristen.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy hated seeing James like this. He had lost so many people in his life already that she wished that she didn't have to reveal the news to him. But she couldn't continue to let him think that the man was alive and well when he wasn't. As much as it pained her, she knew this sad truth had to be revealed. The blonde stayed silent as James spoke, her own tears thickening and becoming more rapid as James spoke of David's own wedding that was suppose to be taking place soon. Lucy couldn't even imagine what David's fiancé was going through in these moments, Lucy could barely handle not knowing whether her husband was going to make it...but to be told that there was nothing that they could do and that he would be gone forever...she couldn't wish it on anyone. Lucy's eyes wandered towards the door of the room, wondering if her mother and Rayna were sitting and waiting for them. As her thoughts drifted to her mother, she could understand to some degree what she was going through after losing Emmet. She would have to thank her mother for sticking by her side all night.

Her eyes moved back to James as she let him grieve. Leaning forward in her chair more, she gently rubbed his forearm comfortingly, wishing that she could just take all his pain away. "He was a good man James, we are all devastated by the loss." Lucy couldn't help but think if they would have had a more private venue...that the people who were gone would still be around. "I don't think we'll have to worry about Sinead not believing what Angel is capable of any longer..." Conor had mentioned how Angel had saved her sister, Lucy just couldn't understand the man. He claimed to love her...but wanted to destroy the one thing she love most--her family. "Your mother is here...she's very worried about you." She told James, wondering if he wanted to see her.

(short and sweet! Sorry babes ;) )

Lorenzo Romano
giphy.gif
Interactions/Mentions:

Lorenzo stared up through hazy vision at his cousin, and he heard the click of a revolver. So this was it eh? Well he had a good run. From the hills of Tuscany, to the shores of San Diego. His lover returned to him in tact and alive. But the best part was this. He had redeemed himself. His good work meant something, and he was to die in solace, and in peace.

A simple fire of a gunshot echoed around the room, as the moment felt in slow-motion. Jack would find a mess... And with that last though, the impact through him to the ground, his left eye socket torn gruesomely open as he began to bleed....

Conor Sullivan
ygkg-png.369234

Conor smiled when Alex said nice words about Sinead. "I hope you're right, Alex.I really wish you and Sinead could be friends - you'd both get along so well," he told her. He grinned when she spoke of the stalking. "Oh yeah, I loved being stalked by you and I kind of miss it now," he joked. "Who wouldn't be curious enough to look out for their pretty little stalker?"

"The park it is," Conor said as he started the car. Due to his injured leg, he drove a little more carefully than usual. As he pulled up close to the park entrance, he was sure to check the surrounding area, making sure the couple of cars parked across the street were empty. Once satisfied, he switch the engine off and got out of the car, waiting for Alex to join him. He placed his arm around her waist as they walked to the nearest park bench, Conor limping a they did. Once they were seated, Conor sat back and gazed up above at the stars in the clear sky. He then looked down to Alex and pulled her in close, no longer restricted by the interior of the car. "We'll try to do this more soon," he assured her and kissed the top of her head.

Conor knew there was one person standing in the way of their freedom and happiness. Even the Sergeant who Alex was forced to kill knew of the obstacle. Once James and Lucy were feeling healthy, and once he knew Sinead was happy with her baby, Conor knew he needed to finally do what should have been done long ago. Vinnie had to die.

Sinead Sullivan
62-jpg.369303

Sinead was about to give her sympathies when Athena said the man who would be the father if she was pregnant has passed on. She quickly stopped herself as she said Angels saved her from him, suggesting it was not consensual. That was an awful thing to hear and think about. "I'm at least glad to hear Angel saved you," she told her. Angel was a complex man, but Sinead knew that all too well by now. He really did do everything he could to protect those he cared for. It was what he did to people he didn't care for what caused the problems. "You can still do it alone. I try to know as little as possible about the Romanos, but I have met Alex before and if there are people like her around, I'm sure they will help you too."

Sinead bashfully smiled when Athena said her name sounded like it belongs to a princess. "That's so funny, because I thought your name sounded like a princess too, or even a queen," she softly told her.

Their conversation was cut short when a voice called out Athena's name for her to go have her appointment with the doctor. "It was lovely to speak with you, Athena. If we don't speak again, I hope you get the result you want," she told her. "Even if things don't go how you want them to, try to give time a chance and you must confide in those closest to you," she reassured her.

No sooner had she stood up, Sinead was called over to the reception desk to collect her medication and vitamins. She then walked back over to Aidan and motioned to the door to tell him they could go home now. When he caught up to her, Sinead linked her arm with his and sadly looked to the floor. Now she wasn't trying to reassure Athena, her own heartbreak returned to her mind. "My baby is okay," she told her cousin. "Now I really hope James is too. Can we go see Lucy and James?" she curiously asked.
Lamia Lamia

James Porter
arrow-years-end-oliver-in-hospital-jpg.369231

James nodded his head as Lucy spoke kindly about David. Then, typical of James, he decided to put on a brave face for now and focus on action. "We need to make sure I'm out of this hospital in time for both funerals. I need to be there and to assure David's family of just how good a man he was."

As glad as he was to hear Sinead may have finally realised what Angel was, he couldn't find it in himself to smile at the knowledge, as good as it may be. He knew Sinead would be devastated at seeing the madman in action and with the knowledge she was carrying his child. "I hope she's going to be okay now. I'm glad she has seen him for what he is, but we both know how hurt she will feel." Sinead might be a dreamer, but James knew whatever she saw in Angel wasn't merely her imagination - perhaps the man really had been kind to her. It was damn hard to believe, though.

James couldn't help but smile when Lucy told him his mother was there. He wasn't entirely sure why, but he was surprised to know she'd waited for him. Even though it was Rayna's family who were to blame, he half expected her and her husband to want to be as far away from this trouble as possible. "Alright, send her in..." he asked.

When Shannon entered the room with Rayna, she was glad to see James looking responsive. "Do you know what the most shocking thing about all of this is, James? You managed to keep your clothes on the entire time," Shannon lightly teased him, to which James managed a smirk and a blush. Shannon remained standing by the door for now, letting Rayna get closer to her son.

James looked to Rayna and sent her a small smile. "Hey... Mum," he said, for the first time addressing her as his mother rather than "Rayna".
Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_1111.JPG

Angel shoved his hands in his pockets and followed Vinnie outside. The wind had picked up, blowing Angel's hair out of his face. He kept his eyes on the setting sun as he slowly walked with Vinnie. When Vinnie brought to light his aggression, he kept to himself for a couple of seconds. Lorenzo was a rat and betrayed his own family, but Angel was well aware that he wasn't responsible for all the anger he was carrying.

"Yeah," He shook his head, looking out to the waves crashing against the docks. At this point, he couldn't care less if Vinnie knew the truth. "She may have been a Sullivan, but man was she something else," he smiled off in the distance, thinking about her. "Now, she's even having my kid. Yet, I'm all alone." His smile faded instantly, the frustration once again boiling his veins. "Life has a funny way of giving you something you thought you'd never need, only to rip it away and prove you can't live without it."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano
hfghj-jpg.369235

Vinnie slowed his walking as Angel looked out onto the water and seemed overall emotionally affected by Sinead. He needed snapping out of his personal woe. "I don't doubt Sinead was different. I saw many months ago that she was not like her family," he agreed with the younger man. "When I told you to get close to her, I expected she would fall head over heels for your charm but I hadn't counted on you being taken in so deeply too." Vinnie sighed as Angel spoke about how he felt he'd had his chance with Sinead and the baby ripped away. "Angel, I don't think that is the life that you were ever intended to have. Some people simply aren't born to love and settle down. I care about you, which I hope you know by now, but did you ever really think you were meant for that kind of life - wife, children, mediocre job? You should stick to what you're good at and you're damn good at what you do, Angel. You had a little fun with Sinead, but now it's time to focus on your work." He cleared his throat. "Having said that. It's your damn kid and there is nothing stopping you from seeing it. The Sullivans might think they can stop you, but when have they ever succeeded in that?"
Enzyme Enzyme

Alexandra Romano
Selena_Gomez.jpg

Alexandra got out of the car quickly after Conor and moved around to his side of the car. As they walked, Alex put her arm around his waist as well to give him some support and made sure to keep her pace slow for him, afraid that if he moved too quickly that he would hurt his injury even more.
when they sat down Alex leaned into him, resting her head against his chest as she looked up at the all the stars in the sky. It reminded her of a more simpler time, when she was younger and her and her siblings used to lie in the garden looking up at the stars, there was a time when she knew all the consellations but now she couldnt remember any off them.
"I definitely wouldn't complain about seeing you more" she said as she looked up at him with a smile. "Although" she mused "maybe I could just start stalking you again to get my fix" she joked. Since Conor had stopped working in his pub, so to run the Sullivan business, it had been a lot harder to randomly catch him these days.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Chapter 17: Independence Day
Monday 4th July 1949
Afternoon - Warm, Sunny, Blue Sky
151067825958335.jpg

The Sullivan Home
James Porter

khbkjh.jpg James had been forced to spend a couple of weeks in hospital, which he hated every minute of. He didn't like so much inactivity, so it started to get to him having to do nothing. Just the day after he was discharged, James and the Sullivans attended the funerals of David and Kate, which he was thankful he didn't miss.

Since returning home, James has continued to relax more than he'd like to. He still has some pain in his back when on his feet, but nothing he can't manage. The limping was gradually wearing off, but was currently stopping him from going out for a morning jog or doing anything resembling his usual strenuous exercises.

Not only was today the 4th July, with festivities happening all over the city, but it was also James' birthday. Whilst he was up for doing something with the whole family in the evening and maybe seeing some fireworks, he wanted to spend some time with Lucy. As such, he'd planned for them both to go out in the afternoon and have a nice lunch, just the two of them. He was also going to arrange a weekend away, just something to make up for what they'd missed. Then, once he was fully active again, he planned on taking her away somewhere for a delayed honeymoon.

As James sat with his arm around Lucy, the two dogs at their feet, and their cousins relaxing around the house, the peace was cut short. James looked up to the door as Conor made an upbeat announcement...

Sinead and Conor Sullivan

8ce2e3be174b98b22696d14ae404def2--zoe-deutch-zoey-deutch-hair.jpg On the 21st June, Sinead gave birth to Savannah Grace Sullivan. As was often the case for the Sullivans, things hadn't gone as planned, with Sinead giving birth to her daughter a few weeks too early. The baby was very small, just like Sinead has always been. Due to Savannah being premature, she had spent the last two weeks in an incubator, whilst Sinead fell ill and was confined to a hospital bed until her health improved. The stress and being underweight meant the doctors wouldn't let Sinead leave the hospital until she recovered. None of the Sullivans, not even Sinead, had been able to hold Savannah for the first two weeks of the baby's life. It saddened Sinead greatly only being able to look at her baby from a distance and knowing nobody could even hold little Savannah in their arms yet.

Sinead and the baby were finally allowed to leave the hospital this morning. This was also the first time Sinead got to hold her daughter and she instantly fell in love with Savannah. She had never doubted her decision to keep this baby and as she held her daughter, it was simply confirmation that she had done the right thing. One thing that continued to upset Sinead, as it had for some time now, was the absence of Angel. Being in the hospital was the worst place she could have been in that sense. Seeing mothers and fathers together holding their babies made Sinead far too aware of the void in her life. The missing piece in Savannah's life.

h.png Conor had driven to the hospital to pick Sinead up, wanting to surprise the family when his sister and niece returned home. Whilst she'd been in hospital, Conor and some of the others had take time to put the finishing touches to Sinead's new ground floor bedroom and the baby's nursery room.

The door to the Sullivan home opened and Conor quickly led Lady and Samson into the conservatory, out of the way. He then stepped into the lounge and looked in to see some of the family sat around. "Look who's home!" he cheerfully announced. He'd already held his niece back at the hospital and all of the thoughts of the baby's father left his mind. He thought Savannah was adorable and tiny, but not just because he was big! He couldn't help but notice Shannon wasn't in the lounge, but he hoped she would join them if she was home.

"Hey everyone!" Sinead's sweet voice spoke up as a bright smile took over her face. She stepped into the lounge, holding the baby girl in her arms. "Savannah wants to meet you all... and she loves hugs," she nervously told her family. The smile on her face and the warmth in her eyes would reflect how happy Sinead was in this very moment.

Conor had planned to go out to some Independence Day party in the park with his cousins, but he was sure they wouldn't mind the slight delay so they could all greet Sinead and Savannah.

The Romanos

Vincenzo Romano
hyugy.png
Considering he'd fired a bullet through his cousin's eye socket, the last few weeks had been relatively uneventful for Vinnie. As expected, Detective Edwards had ushered his wife and kids to a "safe" location until the dust settled. Vinnie knew exactly where the man's family was, but it was knowledge he wouldn't put to use unless necessary.

Over the last few weeks, Vinne and Jewels had been on a number of dates, with him making no secret that he was a mafia boss. The woman seemed to accept that as they'd continued to see each other since. He'd purchased some of her artwork and not as a way to get into her good books, but he'd genuinely appreciated her work. He had one painting hanging in his study and some others in one of the restaurants. The originality of the work seemed to match the decor of his quirkiest of establishments.

Vinnie had invited Jewels over to the house today with the intention of taking her out to some Independence Day fair at the park. Afterwards, he would take her for out dinner.

Leo Davide
vfgtf.png

Leo had keep a low profile since the wedding, only really leaving his house when Vinnie or Angel needed him to do something. He'd wanted to go see Athena the whole time, but he knew he wouldn't be able to hide his guilt from her and in his frame of mind he wouldn't be at all reassuring to the poor girl.

Today, he'd decided to stop moping around and make an effort to live, even if there was the weight of being a murderer resting on his shoulders. After getting dressed and jumping in his car, Leo headed over to Alex's apartment to see her and Athena. He knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer...

neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Chicago Police Department

Detective Edwards
gfghf.png

The Detective had barely spoken a word since he arrived at the station that morning. He'd had to attend the funerals of two good cops just a few weeks ago and he'd been cursing Vinnie's name ever since. For now, however, his attentions were set on one of the Romano hitmen, a man he'd been learning more about over the last few weeks. With the help of Officer Lockwood, he was going through past cases and linking them to this Mr Gambino. Like Vinnie, this man seemed to be very interested in the Sullivans...

Hospital
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rayna Caito
4efe3fc1-93b1-46dd-b45a-7eeed6709243.jpg

Rayna frowned as Shannon explained what happened whilst she was gone. But she was happy to hear the way Ronan raised their son. It was then that they were called in. Rayna followed behind Shannon, eyes softening at the sight of James on the hospital bed. She lightly smiled at the banter between James and Shannon. The woman walked over to him with a soft smile, heart stopping when he called her "Mum". The Italian woman had to fight tears at that very second bcause it wasn't that long ago that she believed that she would never hear her firstborn utter that three-letter word towards her. "Hey son." Rayna voiced gently. "Are you doing okay?" she muttered.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Clinic
Athena Archer

Athena nodded lightly as Sinead voiced that she was glad that Angel saved her. She knew Angel had to have some good in him but it's the lifestyle he lived that made his so cold.
She heard Sinead tell her that she could still do it alone with the help of people like Alex. The girl lightly smiled at the mention of Alex, "Yeah, I guess you're right." Athena spoke softly, slowly opening up to the idea.

The young woman giggled lightly, "Well, our parents seem to have excellent taste in names then." Thena mused with a lovely smile on her lips. Her worries seemed to be drifting away when she talked to this girl that she just met. However, it felt like she knew her for years the way the two engaged in their conversation.

Her attention was diverted when she heard her name being called. Athena turned to Sinead, "It was really nice to meet you Sinead, I'll try to take your advice. Have a good evening." The girl voiced softly with a small beam and with that, the girl headed off towards her doctor appointment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Okay Miss Archer, your test results are in." the doctor told her after about twenty minutes of taking her test. The girl nervously looked to the man, anxious on what would be the results. "What's going on with me?" Athena shyly questioned.

The man put his hands in the pockets of his lab coat, "You don't have a virus you at all. You just have two humans living inside you. From the information you gave me, I have concluded that are you are three months along."

Athena was lightly expecting this answer but was still shocked. "T-Twins you say?" The girl questioned. The doctor nodded, handing her the ultrasound they did on her and there it was, two tiny forms in her stomach. "Oh." was all she could say.

The doctor tried to be positive and gave her a congratulations before the young woman left the clinic. It was then that Athena knew was going to be very different from now but maybe, she could do it like Sinead told her.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Alexandra Romano
selena-gomez-siriusxm-studios-portrait-in-nyc-june-2017-1.jpg
Alex had spent the majority of the morning lying on the couch with Rocco. She had been in work the last few mornings and so was enjoying the peacefulness of doing nothing however in saying that she was beginning to get restless and hoped Athena would join her in the sitting room soon. Alex worried about Athena and her mindset a lot and was glad that the girl was living with her so Alex could kee a tight eye on her and be there when she needed her.
Alex was still sleeping quite bad and dealing with the guilt she felt for shooting the cop, however she held onto that guilt as it was what differentiated her from her father. Alex never confronted her father about the wedding, she never saw a point as she knew it would turn into the same old conversation and would cause no change in the man's behaviour. Hearing what had happened to Lorenzo was the final straw and Alex cut ties with her father, she stopped visiting the family home and hadn't talked to or contacted him in weeks, while she never had a "fall out" with him, she was sure that he was aware of her anger towards him but she knew he probably thought it was just over Lorenzo since Alex should be unaware of the events at James and Lucy's wedding.
Alex looked at the door when she heard a knock and looked back towards Athena's room, waiting a couple of seconds to see if she would emerge, when she heard no movement coming from Athena's room, she wondered if Athena was even home or had she gone out earlier when Alex was in bed. Alex shrugged to herself before getting up and walking to the door.
"Leo" she greeted with a smile as she held the door open for him to enter. Once he was inside, Alex gave him a quick hug before walking back over to sit on the couch. "Athena, Leo is here" she called out. "How are you?" She asked him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia

Athena Archer - July 4th, 1949
3b271fc7ff8148d3efd6da9acaf38663.jpg

The past two months have been very eventful. Athena discovered that she was pregnant. The girl had to tell those closest to her soon as she would just get bigger and bigger. Thus, the girl told everyone closest to her the news. As a young nineteen year old, it was scary learning that she had two whole human being growing her belly. Nevertheless, the reaction was one of surprise but she had gotten full support, which Athena was thankful for.

The young woman was now five months pregnant, which meant doing certain things were proving to be difficult for the girl. Although Athena was afraid at first, she was already in love with babies developing inside her. It was a reminder to her that there is a rainbow after a storm. These days, she couldn't work as her stomach was now the size of a melon. She had to do low-key living for the time-being. At least until the twins were born.

Her mother's reaction was the best one, she was very happy and was already sending in clothes for the two infants.
Athena had decided to wait until the birth of the twins to find out the sexes. It was tempting to cheat,but she was determined to wait.

Currently, she was laying in her bed. The waddling was an amusing sight, the girl could barely see her own feet these days. Hearing Alex call her and mention Leo, the girl struggled to get to her feet before exiting her room. Her hair was in a bun as she waddled to the room where the two were in. Athena waved, "Hi Leo." She smiled softly.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

= Arthur Mackkinnon =
"Followings not really my style."

original.gif

&

= Magdeline "Maggie" Sullivan =
"Don't Underestimate A Pretty Face."

tumblr_inline_o6umei7ADH1tqc8tj_250.gif

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When Arthur had been invited by Maggie to Lucy and James' wedding, never, had he imagined what would come of the seemingly perfect day. He felt as if the gunshots had left an everpresent ringing in his ears, and the sight of dead bodies and sea's of blood would never leave his conscience. Unlike most others at the Red wedding, Arthur had neverbeen subject to such occurences in his life. He drank, he charmed women, and he worked his way onto movie sets as an honest young man. He didn't duck for cover from gunfire and h e didn't get questioned by police. Arthur would never forget that day.
Since then, he hadn't seen Maggie, and he sure as hell had not recieved any real answers from anyone. He was rushed home, Maggie told him not to worry, not to ask questions, and didn't allow a peep out of him when he called. So he was taking matter into his own hands.

The rumble of Arthurs bike might have gone unnoticed by two occupants of the Sullivan household, as he rolled into the relatively empty driveway, but not however, by Maggie.

In the day following the attack on the house Maggie had kept herself at home, or at the hospital, fully intent on avoiding interaction with outsiders, cops, even her best friend. She didn't see the point in attending a scheduled audition, much rather preferring to sit in the lounge with Finn and Myria, sleep off her bad chills, or sleep at the end of her cousins' bed's. She felt guilty for cutting Arthur off, she knew it would hurt him, but she just didn't want him knowing. If he did, he might as well hold a gun. He needed success in his career, not a weight on his shoulders. It was bad enough Kate had dropped dead beside him and Cassie.
Even she couldn't get rid off the sight of James and Lucy, collapsed beside eachother, David dead at the doors, oo many guards layed waste to, Kate dead at a pew, the explosion that almost took out her pregnant cousin. Was there more? Maggie could so distinctly remember the moment James was hit, the sight of blood corrupting his and Lucy's bodies turning everything into slow motion as her bouqet fell and she ducked beneath Conor's interception Angel in attempt to catch the bride. She cried, perhaps more, or as much as when Finn disappeared. She didn't stop crying till the morning after, when she started praying to anyone and anything that the married couple would be happy again.

When she heard the familiar sound of Arthur's bike in the street, Maggie very quickly was up from her bed, and down the stairs for the front door. She watched Finn and Mireya for a moment at the bottom of the stairs, her lips turning up in hapiness when she caught the end of their conversation. This was exactly something Finn needed, and she hoped Mireya could provide it. Maggie had loved how Finn acted around Mireya since the day she joined them, and she prayed Finn would be happy with her. Now however, she needed to speak with Arthur, and as much as she hoped he wouldn't, he was going to demand he know exactly why the wedding was shot up.

Maggie, like the other Sullivans, had no idea as to the fact they were potentially waiting in the lounge for the return of Conor and Sinead, and the arrival of the newest Savannah. Maggie had only gotten small looks at the tiny baby, though that would all change. She was adamant, that when she returned home, probably similar to everyone else, that nothing could possibly be more important than keeping Sinead and Savannah healthy and safe. Conor led some of them to finish the nursery, and Maggie had purchased a couple of trinkets, and sets of clothing for the child. Savannah would feel right at home.
When Maggie heard the sound of the front door being opened, for a moment, she thought perhaps, it might be Arthur come to pop in again. She was propped up against the drinks cabinet lazily, conversing with Aiden about the Pirates' 7-3 win over the Cubs. She thought it was rubbish, but she was only just getting into the sport. Maggie was ready to move onto a new perspective, only to stop short and pay attention to who was entering the house. She though it weird that the dogs didn't come rushing through until the sight of Conor, Sinead, and the bundle in her arms almost made her shriek in delight. 'Sinny! You're home!.' she beamed, immediately walking over, carefully, to meet her and the baby. She took a moment to stare at the bundle of cheeks before wrapping one arm around Sinead and placing a kiss on her cheek gently, before pulling back, a smile still on her face as she looked down at Savannah. 'She's beautiful, Sinn.' The light in her cousins eyes told Maggie she was probably the happiest she had been in a while. And she absolutely loved it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
interactions; Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia
mentions; Bellz Bellz ReverseTex ReverseTex Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Leo Davide
vfgtf-png.369999

"Hey, Alex," Leo greeted her as he stepped inside. He returned her hug before sitting the couch opposite her. He raised an eyebrow as she called for Athena. "I'm fine," he simply told her, regardless of whether he was or not. "How about you? I've not been around here in a while and your dad says he hasn't heard from you." Leo had returned to working at the hotel, taking on more of a managerial role with Vinnie rarely there lately. He knew his boss was giving him more responsibility and pay as a reward for the other jobs he'd done for him, but he didn't even care anymore. At least now he felt like he held some power and the days of being a victim would be a thing of the past. For him and Athena.

When Athena greeted him, Leo looked up to see the drastic change in her figure. He hadn't seen her in weeks but he'd heard the news about her being pregnant. He was surprised at how well Vinnie had taken it and generally surprised about how casual everyone was being about it. He was sure she'd be a great mother and it was nice to see she was happy with the pregnancy. But he'd been shocked to know she was going ahead with it all, considering the awful way she got pregnant. Seeing her with his own eyes just brought the confusion back to the front of his mind. He would support her, but he knew it was going to take some time to get his head around it all. "Hi Athena. Are you doing okay?"
Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back