• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_1111.JPG

Angel had remained silent with his eye squeezed shut. Once Sinead had stopped talking, he slowly looked up to see the tears streaking down Lucy's face. His eyes looked to the fuse, that was almost finishing its departure to the explosive pile. "Fuck..." Angel mumbled. He remained silent for another couple of seconds. "Fuck!" He exclaimed, basically throwing the chair out from under him. He stomped his heel against the burning fuse, almost extinguishing it instantly. The flame made a hissing sound before sizzling to rest.

Angel slammed his hand against the chain on the wall, unraveling the couple from the ceiling. Once they had landed on the floor, the restraints around their heels had loosened entirely. "This isn't for you two, hell, this isn't even for Sinead; this is for my daughter." Keeping the gun in his hand, he helped the two to their feet, due to their hands still being tied behind their back. He then lead them down the abondaned halls of the rundown apartment, reaching the double doors to the outside. Angel stopped at the doors and took a deep breath. He then pushed them wide open, allowing in the blinding light. The hammers of the police officers' handguns clicked back simaltaniously, as they all aimed down to Angel. Angel didn't even flinch, remaining still. One of the officers motioned Lucy and James to step away from the entrance.

He was shouted at to drop his gun in different orders by multiple officers. Angel kept the gun by his side, scanning the sea of handguns aimed at him. He looked into the crowd to his right, his eyes catching Sinead's. He stared at her for a moment, emotion void from his facial expressions. One of the officers shouted, "This is your final warning! Drop the firear-" Angel suddenly snapped his aim up to the officers, only able to fire off a single round into one of the squad cars.

Every officer discharged their magazines into him, the bullets tearing through Angel's chest like a rock through wet tissue paper. He stumbled back a couple feet and gritted his teeth as the bullets found their way into his chest and out of his back. All at once, the gun fire stopped, allowing a cloud of smoke to rise up from the police cars. Angel stood still, blood running down the sides of his nose and mouth. He let the gun twirl off of his fingers and fall at his feet. Everything else remained quiet, the only thing audible was Angel's painfully forced breathing. He found it hard to focus on anything, as the color seemed to fade into one. Soon enough, the sounds of the wind and birds were drowned out by his beating heart. "So this is what it feels like," Angel thought to himself. What he had done to so many others, he was now experiencing it for himself. He felt his heels giveaway as he seemed to freefall backward into nothing. Although the cement was a hard surface, he felt as if he had fallen into a body of water, as his surrounding sucked his subconscious into nothing, but darkness.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

Last edited:
Rayna Caito
tumblr_inline_mkwbcuCAPz1qz4rgp.gif

Rayna smiled. "Thank you. I'm kinda relieved that she's going to grow up with a girl around her age. Boys can be a bit much at times." She chuckled. The older infant sat in Rayna's lap and babbled. Seeming to attempt to converse with Savannah in some kind of baby language.
It was then that Leo came over to them, informing Sinead of the events that were occurring. Rayna looked up when he mentioned James and Lucy. She bit her lip, standing up from her seat. She informed her husbands and was driven to the Sullivan home. She waited until hopefully, Sinead convinced Angel to give it up. But not without firing at a few officers. Then other officers began shooting at him until he fell to the ground, widening her eyes.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
James Porter
stephen-amell-690x326-jpg.373925

James listened to Sinead's every word, realising that she really had been in love with Angel and that it may well have been the truth that he had been good to her. He still believe Sinead had been taken advantage of, to some extent, but he could at least believe Angel had felt something for the sweet fool. To hear the usually scared and vulnerable young woman speaking the way she was choked him up a little. To hear her pleading so deeply for his life as well as her sister's truly made him feel like a real part of the family. Even though he was going to die now, there was at least a warmth brought on by such acceptance. James only hoped Sinead wasn't alone out there. Not for what was about to become of himself, Lucy and Angel.

Just as he was about to focus on another good thing - meeting his mother - Angel took him by surprise. Sinead's words had worked. As the Italian began stomping out the lit fuse, James could only think to himself how much he wanted to hug the Hell out of Sinead. Once they were down on the ground and the restraints from their feet removed, James groaned as his aching legs were finally able to rest. Angel made it clear he was only letting them go because of Savannah and that was fine by James.

Once outside, a cop motioned for Lucy and James to step away from the entrance, which they obliged. Once out of the way, one of the cops removed the restraints from around their wrists. As soon as his hands were free, James did the one thing that came to his mind first. He wrapped his arms around Lucy's shoulders and pulled her in for a tight hug, gently kissing her bruised cheek. Any pain in his body was being blocked out as his mind was so focused on the fact he was able to hold his wife again.

James loosened his hold as he watched Angel fire a bullet and in turn have numerous cops sending their own bullets ripping through the Italian's chest. Despite the traumatising revelation Angel had made about his childhood, James couldn't feel anything. He was sure that was a discussion for later. All he could think was that the man was finally dead and could no longer torment the Sullivans. For once in his life, James' usually busy mind was at a loss. He was stunned into silence by everything that had just occurred. Unsure how to feel that one of the most dangerous people in his life was now dead.
Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan
tumblr_inline_n0y9xwmGeC1s3m2fo.gif

Sinead was beyond relieved when she saw Lucy and James step outside. She almost forgot to breathe as she realised how close she may have been to losing them. She wasn't sure if her words had been the reason Angel had let them go, but she was just thankful he had. Her eyes met his stare but there was no emotion from him. She wasn't seeing Giovanni standing there. As one of the officers gave him a final warning, Officer Lockwood held his arm out in front of Sinead and lead her back towards a safe area. She back-stepped, watching as Angel fired off a bullet. Lockwood immediately forced Sinead to duck down, using his full body to shield her from any potential stray bullets. Sinead struggled and fought herself out of the cop's grip, just in time to see Angel's bullet-riddled chest. She couldn't tear her eyes away as she saw the blood pouring from his nose and mouth. By the time he'd fallen to the floor, she knew he was dead. Giovanni was already gone, but now it was final. Savannah's daddy was dead.

Sinead covered her mouth as she felt the urge to be sick. But it was merely a feeling. Her eyes met Lockwood's own friendly pair. In a daze, she turned away and approached Finn, holding her arms out so she could take Savannah back from him. Sinead held her daughter close, tears streaming down her face as she realised the child had already experienced her first taste of the darkness that surrounded their family. "I've already let you down. I promised I would show you the good places. Oh God, I hope you can forgive me. I was supposed to save your daddy too..."
Bellz Bellz Enzyme Enzyme

Finn Sullivan and Lucy Porter

DOxjB6TUQAAysQD.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme
Finn watched the silence that followed Sinead's words and wondered what was going on in the apartment. He watched closely, continuing to hold the child close to his chest, sheltering little Savannah from the potential chaos that was about to take place. Time seemed to slow down as he waited and waited...feeling as though the police weren't doing enough...that they were going to fail. But the door opened and James and Lucy could be seen alive and well...for the most part. He watched as the officer's ushered them aside and Finn bit his lip as he stared at Savannah's father, Angel. He was about to do something crazy, he could see it in the man's eyes.

Finn turned away quickly just as the first gun fire went off. His heart raced in his chest as he held the little girl closer, cupping her tiny head with his large hand, shielding her tiny ears from the loud noises. Savannah fussed in his arms slightly and he hoped the gun fire would end. The silence that followed the last bullet was deafening, hearing a thud behind him. He knew what had just occurred. Finn turned to see the body on the floor and Sinead moving towards him with open arms. Without hesitation, Finn released Savannah back to her mother and watched as Sinead spoke to her. Finn's brows furrowed and he shook his head softly. "You didn't fail Sinny." He said in a rough voice before moving to wrap his arms around the two girls. Resting his head on top of his cousin's, he knew that she needed someone to help her grieve...Finn would always be there for her. "She didn't see anything." Finn reassured Sinead.

tumblr_otlm84I5RH1qdpkdoo2_500.png
Lucy had been just accepting death when Angel's out burst made her jump out of her skin. Her heart raced as he threw the chair he had been sitting in, wondering what on earth her was doing, when he stepped on the fuse. Lucy stared wide eyed at the line that was previously lit a second ago, wondering if Sinead had been successful in talking the mad man down. She was correct, for he released the chain that had them both hanging from the ceiling. She fell and hit her back against the floor roughly. Her eyes watered at the pain and the air had been knocked clean from her lungs.

Angel stated that he was doing this for his daughter and Lucy was stunned to say the least. The man who she thought held no compassion in his heart...no goodness in his soul...was letting them go for the sake of his daughter. She didn't have time to dwell on much as the man helped them to their feet, hands still restrained behind their backs. He ushered them down the hall and she stumbled weakly along. Her eyes sought freedom and when the doors opened to reveal the light of day, she was more than relieved.

The police ushered the couple to move away from the dangerous man. And Lucy wasted no time in following the authority of the law for once in her life. Another officer released them from their restraints and James wrapped his arms around her to which she practically fell into. The sting on her cheek from his soft kiss reminded her of the bruise there. Having forgotten about the injury when staring death in the face. She was relieved to be able to feel the pain. Her arms wrapped around her husband tightly, glad she was able to hold him, that they were still alive.

Lucy turned her head to see Angel fire the bullet, to which every cop in the Chicago area seemed to take fire at him all at once. She watched as Angel took the bullets, not cowering away from the fate he knew was inevitable. When he hit the floor, the silence around them felt like peace. The blonde cried then, turning her head back into her husband's chest and letting out everything she had been feeling. She cried for Sinead, for her niece, for her husband...for her father, the man she thought she knew. She even cried for the man who nearly took her life in more ways than one, feeling as though he finally could be at peace.

Sinead Sullivan
b6ac69cf8d30a02b51d58de23d631983-danila-kozlovsky-zoey-deutch-jpg.373939

Sinead looked at Finn's kind face as he assured her she hadn't failed. She was so glad Lucy and James were out alive, knowing that was the most important thing for everyone right now. She just wished she'd been able to save Angel, but not just today. When they were together, she'd believed she could help him to fight his darkness and be the good man she knew there was buried beneath it all. She wondered what was going through his mind before he fired that bullet and let the cops end it all for him. Did he even think of Savannah at all?

Sinead felt comforted when Finn wrapped his arms around her. His warmth was something she always cherished and now he was sharing his big heart with Savannah too. "Thank you..." so quietly told him, relieved to hear Savannah hadn't seen anything. "I'm so glad you were here to protect her. I hope I can be strong too," she admitted. One thing she did know was that as long as she had Savannah, she would have to try her hardest to overcome this and find a way to be happy. Her daughter needed her to be happy now.

James Porter

jkgh-jpg.373700

James held Lucy closer as she began to cry, kissing the top of her head before softly stroking her hair. He had so much to process, but he knew he had to be there for Lucy before anything else. He noticed Rayna in the distance and felt quite touched to see his mother was there, thankful she still hadn't been completely put off and rushed back to Italy by now.

"I'm here for you, Lucy. I'm not going anywhere," he reassured her. "I'm so thankful for Savannah," he noted. In a strange way, he couldn't help but think everything had happened for a reason. Had Sinead never fallen for Angel and given birth to Savannah, he wondered if he and Lucy would be alive right now. Angel was always destined to do this - to go down the path of wanting to make Emmet's loved ones pay for what the man had done all that time ago. The worst thing was that he believed what Angel had said. But it was a long time ago and a long time to change. James knew all too well how poisonous this city was and how the business affected even the best of men. He didn't doubt Emmet became a good, family man and one he still looked up to. But who was Emmet before James really knew him? He figured Shannon would have to answer that question. Still, he felt awful that Lucy had to learn something like this about her own father. "It was a long time ago and people do change, Lucy. I truly believe your father really was the good man we all knew.," he tried to reassure her.

Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

Last edited:
Vincenzo Romano and Leo Davide
545cf5adde5dbc971e6805e7645807fb-jpg.370700
yyy-jpg.373645

Leo had kept his distance during the police stand-off. He'd heard the words Sinead spoke to Angel and the soft side of Leo hoped there was a chance the two could be together again, with their daughter. He was relieved when Lucy, James and Angel all walked out of the apartment. That relief was soon buried when he watched the police fire a series of bullets into the Italian's chest. Leo didn't stick around for long after seeing the man killed. He got into his car and drove away.

The sun had set by the time Leo got back to the park. The fireworks display was due to start at any time which made it more difficult to find those he was looking for. Leo eventually set eyes on Vinnie, Jewels and Athena. He reluctantly approached the three, a clearly troubled expression taking over his face. He looked Athena in the eyes for a moment, a mixture of regret and sadness clearly evident. He finally looked to Vinnie, biting his bottom lip for a moment as he struggled to form a cohesive sentence. "Vinnie..." he began. The expression on his face was grave. "Angel is dead," he began, worried how the man would take the news, seeing as he cared greatly for Angel. "The cops shot him." Leo went on to explain what had happened between Angel and the Sullivans, then the intervention of the police.

"Angel?" Vinnie asked, for some time rendered speechless. He didn't want to believe it, but it was clear on Leo's face this was the truth. Vinnie rubbed his forehead with his fingertips, shielding his eyes and face to hide any emotion that threatened to show. Vinnie was both stunned and furious, but he didn't want to show the latter emotion in front of Jewels and Athena. He had to get home before he took his emotions out on someone, especially knowing there were still some Sullivans in the park who he would gladly kill right now. He took a deep breath to compose himself. He looked apologetically to Jewels. "I'm sorry, Jewels. I'm afraid I will have to cut our evening short. Come with me and I'll drop you off at your home," he kindly suggested to her. He then looked to Athena. "Athena, you need to go home too. Perhaps Leo could drive you back?" he distractedly suggested to her.

Vinnie couldn't think about this right now, not until everyone else was out of the way. Out of the way of the anger he was feeling.
Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

Salvatore Romano
d5c07acf66d8147e23f76d7a3105759a-jpg.373598

Salvatore couldn't help but flash an amused smirk as Junior told him to stay positive and that Vinnie may surprise him. "You didn't grow up with my brothers, Junior. Vinnie hates it when we try to step in. The Romanos are very proud people, you see. Our egos are very important to us," he half-joked.

They eventually reached the gates of the Romano household and were permitted by the guards to park the car in the driveway. Salvatore stepped out of the car and waited for his son and daughter to do the same. He then entered the house and looked around. The place looked as clean and tidy as ever. Very elegant and well-decorated, as expected.

"Vincenzo?" he melodically called out. "Knock knock! I'm here to return the defective soul you sold me," he joked, knowing how much it was irritate his older brother. As he stepped into the lounge, he didn't find Vinnie, but instead saw his nephew and niece. "Nicolo - a pleasure to see you, big guy," he greeted him. He then looked to Fallon, having thought she was still living in Italy. "And I'm surprised to see you, Fallon. Did my ma become too much for you?" he remarked, referring to her grandmother. "Where's that foolish father of yours?" he curiously asked Nicolo. It was easy to be light-hearted for now, knowing Vinnie would suck the fun out of the situation soon enough.
Rhaine Rhaine nymphadora. nymphadora. deer deer neverbackdown neverbackdown

Conor Sullivan
uhuh-png.370702

Before anyone had been able to tell him about what was going on with Lucy, James and Angel, Conor had been dragged away from the fair for a couple of hours. He'd asked Maggie to let them know he had to tend to business. A large shipment of alcohol had gone missing and he'd been trying to get answers as to who had done it. Conor hadn't been able to find anything and was mulling over whether the Russians had anything to do with it. If not, he wondered if they would decide to have a part in finding out who had taken it. They were comfortably cashing in on the alcohol, after all.

By the time Conor got back to the fair, it was dark and he couldn't see any of his family around. With the fireworks about to start, he decided to give in and see if Alex was in the discreet spot she had sneakily suggested to him earlier. He figured he'd wait there for a short time before returning home to check in with his family. He hoped he was permitted at least a short time of personal happiness...
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Nicolo Romano
nick-jonas-instagram-1450433074-view-0.png

Nicolo was sat in the lounge catching up with his sister and hearing about all of her adventures in Italy. It felt good to have Fallon back in America and back in his life. Nicolo had missed his younger sister greatly while she was gone and that feeling only got stronger when Monte, Gio and Lena had all left for Italy as well. It had left just him, Alex and their father alone in the big house and even Alex ended up leaving, however Nicolo knew there was a difference between Alex moving across town and the rest of his siblings moving across the world. He hoped now that Fallon was back that maybe their family could grow back to the way they used to be, however he knew that was extremely unlikely with his father and Alex's stubbornness.
Nicolo looked towards the hall when he heard the front door open, a eyebrow was curiously raised as he wondered who was also hear to surprise him. His hand lowered away from his gun when he heard the recognizable voice, a grin taking over his features as he watched his uncle walk into the room, his eyes darting towards his cousins as they followed him. Nicolo stood up as he gave his uncle a quick hug and then gave his cousins a hug also in welcome. "I didn't know we were expecting you's" Nicolo said before looking back to his uncle. "Father is out at the fair, but I'm sure he will be home soon".
"I'll have to let Alex know you's are here, Im sure she'll visit to see you's" he commented.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Rhaine Rhaine deer deer nymphadora. nymphadora.

Peter Callahan

d793bc4de461f5d00e5b8cbf3cc0cc07--jeremy-sumpter-peter-pan-like-a-girl.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Peter wasn't really suppose to start his new job until after the 4th. But when his home phone went off, informing him that their had been an attack at the Sullivan's the kid couldn't have gotten out the door quick enough. Traffic was expected on the short drive to the Sullivan's, his new boss, but that didn't stop Peter from sucking on a cigarette nervously and shouting profanities at people who couldn't hear him inside the vehicle. He shook his fist angrily at a little old lady driving a car that revealed too much of her age and was blowing thick black smoke out the back. "Jesus lady! ever think about an upgrade!" Peter grumbled before pulling into the driveway. The place already looked in bad shape as a few men were hustling and bustling around the joint. A few body's were lined up outside the home with sheets draped over them.

Peter put the cigarette out on the bottom of his shoe before flicking the end away and opening the car door, he wasted no time getting out and raced towards the open front door. His eyes took in the mess before him and the first thing he noticed was the two dogs huddled together near a shattered mirror. The whimpering met his ears and the young man practically sprinted towards the animals. He was within reach of what he saw to be a very injured dog when the big rotti turned on him, baring his teeth and growling lowly in warning. Peter held his hands up and took one step back. "Woah woah...Hey now...."Peter looked to see if he could find a dog tag, Samson could be seen in white letters. "Hey Sammy....I'm not gonna hurt ya'..." Peter crouched down to the dogs level before sitting on the bloody tiled floor. Samson watched the young man carefully before taking a step forward to check him out. After a long moment of the curious dog sniffing him, the pup finally let the man touch him. "There ya go boy." Peter smirked softly before looking to the other dog. "Shit." He murmured before turning to look at one of the many men who had just walked by the injured animal. "Can I get a bloody aid kit please!?" Peter shouted to one of them, to which one of the guards nodded quickly and sped off to retrieve it. "Its gonna be alright little love.." He spoke to Lady softly, stroking her blood soaked fur gently.
Lucy Porter

tumblr_oo3rfpok1v1td9nmvo4_400.png

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy knew it might have been silly to cry. They were no longer in danger and they would live to see another day, but she couldn't help the overwhelming feelings that bubbled over the wall she had spent months building. Her father's death was something she had yet to get over. Her family attended his funeral...stuck around to see it through to the end. Lucy ran off trying to forget about the life she once knew...but she could never forget about her father's death. Closure was something she needed still but Angel's words had only made it worse. Her father had always been a kind and generous man, who only did harm when completely necessary. She would have never thought he would treat a woman in the way Angel had described...or even let his men do so. Lucy nodded when James spoke of being thankful for Savannah. Their little niece had saved their lives and she didn't even know it. The blonde could only nod at her husband's reassurance, knowing James was trying his best to make her feel better about the things that had been said about Emmett. People do change...she knew this, but did that change the severity of his actions, how wrong they were? Lucy found herself doubting her own father..but just as her mind was about to explore darker possibilities, an officer requested the couple head to the station with them for questioning, leaving the subject up in the air for now.

It was after the hours of police questioning and being looked at by a medical examiner that they were allowed to go home. Pulling up into the driveway, Lucy hadn't allowed her mind to think of much until she suddenly remember the scene she had been forced to leave behind. "LADY!" Lucy shouted out with a shrill gasp before moving towards the door. Her heart pounding in her chest as she moved as quickly as her sore body could allow. She pushed the closed front door open with the turn of the handle and looked around frantically hoping that someone had aided their poor pup. Relief came quickly as Lucy saw a blonde young man gently tending to Lady with Samson watching closely beside him. Lady appeared to be in quite a bit of pain but it was plain to see the difference from before. The whimpering had ceased as both animals took notice of Lucy and James stepping through the door and Lady's tail brushed against the tile in a happy motion.

Lucy moved towards her babies and looked to the young man with a large smile on her face, happy to see someone taking care of her sweet animals. "Thank you so much, ummm..""Lucy trailed off as she knelt beside the animals, stroking both of them lightly, realizing she didn't know this person.. Her eyes looked to Lady with worry for a moment before looking back up at the blonde male. "Peter Callahan." He grinned at her, giving the man who seemed to be about Sinead's age a boyish look.
Juliana Abner

Jenna-Lee-Dewan-Tatum-3.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia
Juliana had been enjoying the evening with everyone when a young man approached them. She could tell by the look on his face that he had something important...perhaps devastating to say and Juliana stood still and silent as he finally made it to them. Raising an eyebrow when the young man finally spoke what he needed to, she wondered who this Angel was and why the police shot him. Jewels of course knew of Vinnie's involvement with certain activities and could have honestly cared less but now she was concerned. Looking to Vinnie's face, she watched his expressions very closely wondering if this person was close to him, but he covered himself from the view of other's momentarily. Jewels looked down to the floor for a moment before Vinnie spoke.

The ebony haired woman nodded her head once softly, understanding completely as to why the evening needed to be cut short. "Thank you." She said simply before looking to Athena with a small smile. "It was really nice meeting you lovely." Jewels had only been with Vinnie for a short while, but she could see just how much he was struggling to keep a hold on himself. It was a gift and a curse really, being able to read people so well. Jewels stood waiting patiently for Vinnie to lead her off.​

Alexandra Romano
selena-gomez-siriusxm-studios-portrait-in-nyc-june-2017-1.jpg
As the sky began to darken and word about the fireworks getting ready to begin spread around the crowd. Alex politely excused herself and said her goodbye to Athena her father and Jewels. Alex made her way over to where she had told Conor to meet her. She hoped that he would be able to come over and see her for a few. As interesting and exciting as it was talking to him infront of Athena, she had to say, she preferred being able to hug him and show affection so one on one was a better experience. As she approached the spot, she saw a figure standing and slowly made her way over to him, a smile lighting her face as Conor's features came into show. "You came" she greeted happily.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter and Sinead Sullivan

jkgh-jpg.373700

James could have done without the police questioning, especially the concerned act Detective Edwards was putting on. He knew that man would have loved for them to share some of the Romanos many secrets, but he wouldn't oblige him. He also knew how easily Edwards could shift his interests at any time and focus on investigating the Sullivans. He gave the cops the minimum details they could work with. Anything they could tie up would be to a dead man now. James failed to mention knowing the identity of any of Angel's accomplices, but one was more than familiar. The supposedly mild-mannered Leo was apparently anything but and he wouldn't get away from this without consequence, as far as James was concerned.

When they finally got home, Lucy suddenly shouted Lady's name and rushed inside. James followed behind, limping as his older injury's pain had been reignited after today's events. He wasn't sure what to expect as he'd been knocked unconscious before he saw the injured animal. When he stepped inside, he saw Peter tending to the dog. He crouched down to gently stroke Lady's fur, a genuinely upset expression on his face. James loved his dogs and seeing them hurt broke his heart. Samson jumped up to James and the man gladly accepted the dog's 'hug'.

James looked to Peter as Lucy spoke to him. James already knew who he was and gave him an acknowledging nod. "Thanks for tending to Lady.... I look forward to putting you through your paces soon," he ominously remarked. He was about to reassure the lad when his attention was drawn to the figure of a devastated Sinead.

Sinead had taken her time returning to the house, scared of what carnage she would see, having already noticed the covered corpses outside. She took a deep breath as she slowly entered the house, also being mindful not to wake Savannah. The baby had kicked up a fuss the entire time Officer Lockwood had been debriefing Sinead. She was relieved her daughter was asleep now, so she could do her own crying without feeling bad for not reassuring her child.

Sinead entered the house and stopped in her tracks as she saw Lucy, James and an unknown young man tending to the dogs. "Is Lady okay?" she quietly asked and was relieved when informed the dog would be fine. She heard the young man introduce himself to Lucy as Peter Callahan. No doubt another poor fool being dragged into this family's problems. She hoped Peter wouldn't end up like the poor dead men outside. "I'm going to go rest," she told everyone, before distractedly walking towards her room.

Sinead stepped into her room and as she pushed the door closed she felt something stroke her hand. She looked to the door handle to see a necklace hanging from the door handle. It wasn't hers, but it was familiar to her. She retrieved the item and placed it in her pocket whilst she took Savannah to her crib. She gently placed the sleeping baby on the mattress and tucked her into the crib. Sinead envied Savannah right now. She would give anything to be asleep in this moment and wake up to find today had just been a terrible nightmare.

Reaching into her pocket, Sinead retrieved the necklace and dangled it in front of her face as she read the Italian words which had been engraved into the pendant. This had been Angel's necklace and she remembered the night she first went back to his place. Angel had told her it meant "peace and prosperity". That was also the night they'd first slept together and she was certain it was the same night Savannah had been conceived. After a short while, she looked to the wall mirror that was hanging by Savannah's crib. She carefully hooked the necklace in front of the mirror. She took this as confirmation that Angel really had loved her. When Savannah was old enough, Sinead would let her daughter keep the one tangible item her daddy had left that she could cherish. The girl would never know her father now."

Sinead climbed onto her own bed and curled up on top of the covers. After everything that had happened, all she could manage to do now was cry. Giovanni was gone forever.

Bellz Bellz Enzyme Enzyme

(More replies tomorrow.)

Conor Sullivan
uhuh-png.370702
Conor stood leant against a large oak tree as he watched the crowd in the distance. Alex was right, this was a good spot for the fireworks, away from all of the people. Obviously she meant it was an ideal spot for them to meet in secret, which was also a good idea of hers.

A smile crossed Conor's face as he saw Alex approaching, glad that she had shown up. It wasn't that he thought she was stand him up, but he knew all too well how family troubles and business could suddenly crop up to prevent personal plans from happening. If he knew about what had happened with Angel, Lucy and James, he certainly wouldn't be standing where he was right now.

"Of course I came. I'd be a fool not to," he told her. Once she was close enough, he pulled her in close for a kiss. "Have you had a nice day?" he curiously asked her. He supposed that depended on how long she'd been stuck in her father's presence. "I got dragged away on business, so missed most of the fun. He paused and looked up at the sky as a series over firework exploded, throwing out bright flashes and sparks of cerise and white. "At least I didn't miss this," he said, his eyes fixated on the illuminated sky for a time. "Almost as pretty as you, lass," he told Alex. Standing behind her, clasped his hands together in front of her stomach they could both look in the same direction whilst he held her. He placed a kiss on the top of her head. "I wish we didn't have to hide," he mused aloud.
(I'll give Athena and Romanos chance to post before my next Vinnie post.)​

Peter Callahan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Peter had just finished wrapping up the dog's wounds when a woman walked through the door closely followed by a man. It was clear to Peter that these were a few of the man Sullivan's he was expected to get to know and took a small step back to give them some room with their animals. Peter watched the dogs moods change drastically as their owners showed them love. He couldn't help but give a little smile at the scene. Peter introduced himself to the woman as she struggled to put a name to his face. Not surprising seeing as how they'd never met. His green eyes looked up to the man who he now confirmed as being James Porter and the woman with him must have been Lucy Sullivan..or Porter now. Peter had been briefed on what was expected of him, who he was protecting and who would be showing him the ropes.

The words were meant to be slightly humorous and Peter could tell, but that didn't stop the young man from giving James a nervous smile before shrugging his shoulders. "I couldn't just leave the little dears unattended-" Peter was cut off when a figure from the corner of his eye caught his attention. Peter didn't like to see any woman sad, really, it was like slapping a puppy in the face. But the woman before him was much more than sad...his brows furrowed slightly as he took in the devastation that was so clear on her face. He noticed a bundle in her arms and noted it was a baby, Sinead Sullivan then. The man thanked his lucky stars for such an outstanding memory as he watched the woman excuse herself after asking about the dogs. He looked to James and Lucy before asking, "What else can I do to help?"
Lucy Porter

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy let the men chat for a moment, seeing as how the young man before them would be working closely under James soon. She stroked Lady's fur and cooed to her lightly, the dog still clearly in a bit of pain. Lucy's mind was racing but she couldn't allow herself to dwell on any of them at the moment, knowing just how much it would take out of her if she did. Footsteps distracted her and she looked towards the door to see Sinead walking into the house. "She's gonna be alright." Lucy informed her sister about Lady's condition, not wanting to say anything further...knowing right now was not the time. Sinead's pain was clear on her face and Lucy couldn't help but feel some sympathy for the girl.

Angel was a crazy son of a bitch. But Sinead clearly had known a completely different person. She said nothing as Sinead informed them she was going to rest before heading upstairs, she wasn't sure anything she could say would make her sister happy at the moment. Lucy slowly stood to her feet before hearing Peter's question. James was his boss, so she would let him answer. "I'm going to go check on her." She said to her husband before placing a kiss delicately on his cheek. "i'll be back shortly." With that, Lucy moved to her sister's room, merely standing by the door and listening in, unsure of whether to walk in quietly or knock.​

Alexandra Romano
selena-gomez-siriusxm-studios-portrait-in-nyc-june-2017-1.jpg

Alexandra smiled as he pulled her towards him and she kissed him back, glad to finally have their moment. There was nothing more romantic than watching fireworks with the person you love.
"Yeah it's been good, drama free so far and I hope it stays that way" she said easily with a slight smile "and Fathers friend made that encounter a little less awkward and easier" she added, Alexandra emphasised the word "friend" in a sense to mean that the woman was clearly more than a friend to her father or at least she would be. It shocked Alex a little bit that she didn't mind her father moving on. She, herself knew that her mother would not want Vinnie to just sit around and grieve, Gianna would want him to be happy and to keep living life, as she would want all of them do. But it was still weird to see him with another woman.
When the first firework went off, Alex lifted her head towards the sky to see it, a child-like grin taking over her features. "Nearly" she replied in a laugh before she felt his arms wrap around her. Alex leaned back into him, resting her head against his chest as she looked up at the sky and the colours which illuminated the clear night sky.
"So do I" she added in a slightly sad tone "someday we though" Alex added as she placed her hands gently over his.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

tumblr_oz82dpNpWD1wgvej6o1_1280.png

Junior snickered with his father's reply, leaning back against the seat. His teeth were bared for a moment amongst the laugh, straight and sharp, though there were a few fake ones- their natural predecessors having been knocked out. He cocked his head to the side, running his hands through his hair. "Ego... ego... ego." He murmured, the quiet words blending into a different tone. For a moment, it might have been Vinnie sitting there in the car with them.

If there was one thing Junior was without, or lacking in, it was ego. Yet, it wasn't a gift or a sign of humbleness - the purest foundation of the self was structured weak. He was lacking in pride and even it was a flaw rather than a sign of merit. The only way it benefitted him was to make him more dangerous- harder to pin down. There was little that could make him experience shame. There was little he could feel remorseful for.

Junior began to quietly sing Beethoven's 5th Symphony as the gates of the Romano household opened to them, swallowing them whole.

"Bu bu bu bummmm.... bu bu bu bummmm."

He sent a conspiratorial glance to Juniper before he exited the car, the music dying on his lips. He squinted a bit in the sun. The heat was thick, heavy with unspilled moisture. He smiled. It reminded him of home. He already liked Chicago much better than London, though that was a given. The summer wouldn't last forever, he knew, but he would deal with that when it came.

Upon entry, his eyes never rested, tracing every path, room and corridor they passed. His observations stilled in their overtness as his cousins came into view, and a grin burst forth over his features. He hasn't expected to see Fallon. It seemed the Romanos were all returning to each other. There was strength in numbers. Junior was glad of it.

As Nicolo embraced him, he returned the hold tightly, clapping his cousin on the back. "Nicolo, you look good. Been a year or so, yeah?" He embraced Fallon more gently, though there wasn't a drop in the warm tone of his voice. "Surprise, surprise. You're a sight for sore eyes, caro cugino." His accent returned full tilt in the two words from his mother language, before slipping back away.

Pulling away from them, he absentmindedly slipped his hands into his pockets, raising an eyebrow at Nicolo's words. Interest read in his eyes.

"Fair? Why aren't you with him, cus?" A devilish grin accompanied his next words. "You grounded?" The jest traveled lightly, though there was real intrigue behind it. He was looking to become as acquainted with the state of affairs as possible. It would happen naturally, he knew. Chicago would take him in, willing or no.​

Sinead Sullivan

01_0137-Edit.jpg Sinead was still curled up on her bed, in the room which adjoined Savannah's pretty pink nursery. She heard the door open and rolled onto her back to see who it was, exhaling when she saw Lucy. Sinead's eyes were red raw and her cheeks soaked with tears as she looked wide-eyes to her sister. "Luce, I'm so glad you and James are both okay. Are you hurt? I thought I was going to lose you and that terrified me." She sighed as she thought of the carnage she'd seen upon entering her house. There were dead men on the ground. Poor Lady was injured. Furniture was smashed up. "Luce, will you come lie down next to me for a bit? Savannah is sleeping and I feel so alone."

Sinead let out a sigh as she thought about Angel. "Why did Angel take you and James again? What was he saying to you both?" she asked. "I loved Giovanni and I believed I could help him to stop doing awful things... The words I spoke to him today were all true. I thought I could help him to embrace the goodness that was inside of him." She frowned as she thought of the way he'd practically invited the cops to kill him. "He left a necklace in my room today. It was one he wore and showed me on one of our dates. I hope I'm reading into it right and it means he really did care for Savannah and me. I need to believe it's true so I can tell my daughter that her daddy did love her."

Sinead looked Lucy in the eyes and there was a sense of helplessness to her face. "I know I have to be strong and move on for Savannah. But, how do I do it, Luce? How do I keep moving forward after all of this? I'm so scared of having to live with a broken heart for the rest of my life." It was well known Sinead thrived in the company of others and she'd never liked solitude.

James Porter

jkgh-jpg.373700
James had watched Sinead enter the house and quickly go to her room, clearly deeply upset by what had happened. He would tell her how grateful he was later. She'd plucked up a lot of courage to stand in the middle of those cops and plead with Angel the way she had. Even placing herself in the potential line of fire. When Lucy said she would be back soon, it snapped James out of his thoughts. He nodded his head, figuring she was going to speak with Sinead.

James listened to Peter as he explained he couldn't just leave the dogs on their own. Apparently he'd already passed one of the first tests and proved himself caring towards the dogs. The dogs were a part of the family to James, so he expected them to be cared for too. Peter asked him what he could do to help and James looked around. Much of the mess was being dealt with by some of the other men and Lady had been tended to. "Well, kid. You can start by getting us both a beer," he answered, pointing into the kitchen.

James walked into the kitchen with Peter and looked the young man over, trying to assess if he was going to last. "Tell me about yourself, Peter," he asked. It may well sound like he was having an impromptu interview there and then. "What do you like to get up to when you're not working? I've heard a few things, hence why you're here instead or jail, but I'd rather here it from yourself." He looked back to the destruction in the hallway. "More to the point, what are you willing to do whilst working for us? We need someone skilled and committed to this family," he seriously told him, retaining a stern expression throughout his talk.

Bellz Bellz

Last edited:
Athena Archer
tumblr_osjejkZDmE1vk08kdo1_400.gif

Athena had been conversing with Vinnie and Jewels when Leo made his way over to the trio. She looked to him for a moment, catching grim expression on his face. Something was clearly wrong. It was then Leo revealed the sad news. Even Athena was taken aback. Vinnie looked shocked, clearly stunned that Angel was dead. The man talked to Jewels before looking to her and suggesting she return home with Leo. Athena lightly nodded her head, "Yeah okay." She responded softly.

The young woman gave a worried look to Vinnie, Angel clearly wasn't just a worker to him. He did have a heart, despite what people thought. Athena saw his goodness when he saved her.

The girl would then walk away from the two with Leo, the once happy night now a bit of a downer at the moment.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rayna Caito
tumblr_inline_mkwbcuCAPz1qz4rgp.gif

The whole sitation was upsetting but Rayna was relieved that Lucy and James were in one piece. She clutched baby Bella to her chest, the whole gunfire had startled her and she had started to cry a little bit. Rayna bit her lip as Liam drove her and the boys back to the Romano household. "Do you wanna go see Lucy and James?" Liam asked. The woman shook her head with a sigh, "I don't want to be overbearing. They have each other after all." Rayna replied with a relieved look. She would leave the two a voicemail later on. She would be sure to have a talk with Sinead, the young girl practically saved their lives.

Mentioned:
@Bella
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan
uhuh-png.370702

Conor raised his eyebrow as Alex mentioned Vinnie had a friend. He didn't think the man really knew what those were. "Now that's a scary thought. His friend must have a screw loose somewhere to want anywhere near your father," he noted. Conor had long since stopped holding back on his choice of words for Vinnie around Alex. He was sure by now that she understood they were justified, from his point of view.

"Yeah. Hopefully someday soon..." Conor trailed off. He faintly smiled as he felt Alex's hands over his, providing some comfort to him. He and Alex needed to be together and his family needed to feel safe. Now more than ever, he knew the only way to even try to achieve that would be to kill Vinnie and put an end to the man's relentless attacks on the Sullivans.

Leo Davide

yyy-jpg.373645

Leo walked silently alongside Athena to his car and when they reached the vehicle, he opened the passenger door for her to get inside, closing it behind her. He rounded the vehicle and got into the driver's side, before starting the engine and setting off in the direction of Alex's apartment, when Athena was staying.

Partway into the drive, Leo finally glanced to Athena and spoke up. "I'm sorry about this morning and if you felt awkward," he told her, referring to his disagreement with Alex at the apartment. "She was kind of right to be annoyed with me, but it's not because I'm up Vinnie's ass. After everything that's happened to you, me, Gianna and Olivia, I wanted to become a stronger person. Shut off my emotions if it meant protecting those I care about." He shook his head and sighed. "I don't know who I am anymore, Athena. I've done some terrible things lately and I can't even blame it all on Vinnie. I had choices and I chose the wrong one both times. People are dead because of me, Athena." He felt too numb to even cry or let his real emotions show. "Angel is dead and some of the blame is on me. I had opportunities to stop him or even attempt to talk him out of what he was planning, but all I did was go along with it. Sullivan men died..." he bit his lip. "Angel tried to kill James and Lucy at the wedding, then again today, and both times I aided him in trying."

Leo pulled the car up outside the apartment and turned to Athena. "You made the right choice when you broke up with me. I'm not even human anymore and you deserve so much better than what I gave you."

Lamia Lamia

Peter Callahan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Peter watched as Lucy left the room, seeming to be on a mission of some sort. Perhaps talking to the lass who came in looking like he world was ending. When James answered him on what he could do to help, it was definitely not the answer he was expecting, but he was more than happy to oblige. Walking with James into the kitchen, he moved to the fridge to grab two beers before setting them on the counter. New surroundings but he could figure out where everything basically was. He moved the cap of the beers on the edge of the counters and wedged the corner underneath them. They popped off on the counter before Peter handed James a bottle and leaned against the counter. The questions weren't surprising to the young man, as it seemed James was very serious about taking care of this family. Peter took in the stern expression and took a swig of his beer before deciding on what to answer first.

"Ah well...nothing too interesting to say about me. Raised by Catholic nuns but still somehow ended up being a 'delinquent.' I don't really do anything else besides work, though I can play piano rather well...if I can get my hands on one." Peter offered a nonchalant shrug before taking another swig and sighing softly. A small flush appeared on his cheeks, taking in that James had mentioned about his brush with the law. "Jail really isn't for me, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time with some...less then reputable characters."

Looking to where James was looking down the hall, he saw all the destruction and frowned lightly. One of the things that troubled Peter about this whole mess was how easily it probably could have been avoided. He wasn't a genius, but there was some flaws in security that he could get past, and if he could get past them...they were definitely gonna be in a world of hurt. "Well..for starters," The young man answered slowly, his green eyes still taking in the mess. "You have me working for this family, and you can bet your ass this will never happen again."
Lucy Porter

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy slowly opened the door more once her sister took notice of her, being as silent as a mouse before tip toeing inside the room. Lucy offered Sinead a small smile in response to her questioning about her condition, nodding her head ever so slightly before immediately doing as Sinny wished. Lucy moved to lay beside Sinead on the bed, gently wrapping her arm around her sisters small frame and pressing a kiss to her temple. Listening as she spoke about Angel, Lucy was prepared for such a talk and knew what she had to say.

The blonde let out a sigh as she took in all of Sinead's words, trying to formulate her next words before speaking them. "Sin...as much as I hated that man...as much as he tried to destroy our family...there is no doubt in my mind that he loved you and Savannah very much." Lucy had heard the man say it as he released them from the apartment. "Angel told James and I, that the only reason he was allowing us to live...was for that little girl over there." Lucy looked towards her nieces crib with a small smile, ever so grateful for her presence. "Angel...was in a lot of pain, a lot of suffering. He was lost Sin, he faced too much as a child and cracked."

Lucy bit her lip, unsure of where she was going with this but continued to speak. "Moving on is the only thing you can do sis...its gonna hurt like hell and it won't be easy. But you have to move on, Giovanni was a chapter in your life that you can't re-enter, at least not while staying in reality. You can look back on the time you shared and enjoy the good memories. Its not important to dwell on the bad." Lucy knew this was a lie...as it was the bad that almost too her life and her husband's but Sinead didn't need to think about that any longer. "You have a beautiful little girl, a family that loves you. Love will find a way, it has a way of wiggling in between when you least expect it." Combing back a few strands of her sisters hair with her fingers she pressed another kiss to her temple, "You are too beautiful and sweet not to find the man of your dreams, you may have thought Giovanni was just that...but it seems as though God has other plans for you ,Tink."​

Juniper "Juliet" Salina Romano
The Romano Family
hRz9xds.jpg
Her emerald green-eyed gaze was drawn towards the window, observing the outside-world as it passed by before her. The air had been different in Chicago compared to London, but the bustling streets said otherwise with the mass of passerby's going from one place to another. She still considered the place slightly stuffy, if not humid, but the sun's light that blared down upon the world only made her sigh slightly at the warmth. Juniper sort of liked the gloomy weather of London from time to time, especially when she wasn't in the best of moods currently. It wasn't because she had lost an aunt or the fact that her uncle had killed someone that was supposed to have been family due to his betrayal, but rather, she would have much rather been in Italy than the Americas. But, it was just one of those times where she silently obeyed since her Father had wanted to help Uncle Vincenzo. Juniper never saw Uncle Vincenzo and his children as someone she would drop everything for - to pick up and move and come to a place where help was not welcomed and come to a stubborn man's place that would never accept such aid. Why come when you are not welcomed? Foolish if you asked her. But, her father was a righteous man, especially when it came to family. Family above all else, wasn't it? The only family Juniper needed or rather accepted was her father and Junior. However, she could somewhat understand her father's need and want to come to Chicago for his own brother. She would, without a bat of a lash, would have done the same if Junior was put in a such similar situations. However, it didn't mean she had to like the fact that she had to try or rather put up a facade that she liked her relatives enough to the point of becoming cozy while singing "campfire" songs. It was only business, afterall.

However, hearing her father's voice echo through the car as he asked if they were good. Juniper could only nod her head, her attention still drawn to the outside window. But, at the mention of her cousins Nicolo and Alexandra, Juniper could only narrow her eyes. Nicolo. . . a cousin she didn't mind or rather someone whom she could somewhat tolerate. Nicolo and Junior got along well and Juniper didn't mind the male. Alexandra, on the other hand. . . that in itself was trying to get a dog and a cat to get along swimmingly. The smell of the cigar was always on the girl's clothes and if that wasn't one thing that she hated about her cousin it was her reckless and brash personality. However, Juniper could only hide her distaste through a soft and inviting smile she mastered to give her two cousins that never showed what she actually felt and thought. Nevertheless, the youngest of her cousin Fallon was someone whom intrigued her - at the very least, didn't bore her. Can't fool a fooler.

But, regardless of how she felt about her cousins, she knew the feeling of lost. Her aunt wasn't her mother - in fact, quite different, perhaps she was suppose to be what a mother should have been. Regardless, her cousins were in fact, lucky, to have been raised by both parents. The truth of the matter was she didn't understand the pain of losing a mother because her mother should have been condemned to hell if it wasn't for her brother. However, what Juniper had done was dissociate herself from a mother's perspective and placed it into her father's perspective. If she had lost her father, she would have done unexplained things towards the person who had made her and her brother orphans. So, perhaps Juniper could feel emotions, if not, somewhat "empathize" with their cousin and their lost. But, regardless, maybe she shouldn't be so hard on them and try to understand their plights.

At hearing her brother's jest yet genuine words that family is a gift, her eyes flickered towards her twin, staring into them as she pondered for a moment. "Yes, Jun. What you said is true. Though, the only family I need is you and father." She gently responded, her eyes softening as she looked at the mirror to see her father's eyes before returning her gaze back on her brother. But just as quick as that moment happened, in a flash it ended when her father laughed and spoke of her uncle once more, speaking of Uncle Vincenzo's ego. Juniper only straightened herself out as she looked directly ahead, listening to her brother's humming.

Before she knew it, they finally arrived at the mansion and Juniper's gaze widened, fully enthralled with her Uncle's mansion along with the architecture and landscape. It never ceased to amaze her as Juniper gracefully got out of the car and fixed her clothing once more. Her stride was concise and slow, keeping a steady walk as she stood beside Junior, trailing behind her father as they walked inside the house. The sweet aroma and fresh scent blasted through her nose as she couldn't help but be reminded of Italy. Her father's voice echoed inside and Juniper took this moment to ready herself, patting her cheeks softly, and moving her lips around before a wide smile appeared on her face and her feet tapped against the floors with excitement. "Here we go." She whispered to her brother before hearing footsteps as Nicolo appeared before them.

As her arms wrapped around Nicolo to embrace his hug, the excitement on her face never ceased to fade as she waited patiently for her turn to speak to him. Juniper couldn't help but internally groan at the mere fact that she had to keep up with this overly excited chipper facade she had to bring out, but it's all in a day's work, wasn't it? However, Juniper's eyes looked around the room, wondering where Alexandra was before Nicolo commented that he'll let her know we have arrived. Wasn't at home was she? Go figure. But, Uncle Vincenzo as well? How curious. But, when Jun teasingly spoke of Nicolo being grounded, she took that as another cue. With a playful jab, Juniper shook her head, "Oh, dear brother. Goodness! Do you really think Nicolo would be grounded? I am sure he would not get caught, unlike someone I know." She grinned teasingly, wagging her fingers before looking towards Nicolo. "It is so nice to see you, cousin! We must catch up soon! It has been so long!" Her eyes then glanced over towards Fallon as she made a small wave towards her little cousin. She was still a sight for sore eyes that's for sure. "Ciao, Fallon! Did you just arrive as well? How was your travels? I do miss Italy." She admitted, sighing fondly before looking towards her father. "Father, should we wait until Uncle arrives before making plans for lunch? It has been a long time since I have personally cooked and what time would be greater than now? A meal for a family reunion."
tags: Rhaine Rhaine , Misty Gray Misty Gray , nymphadora. nymphadora. , neverbackdown neverbackdown
codedbymeraki.
hidden scroll

Last edited:
James Porter

jkgh-jpg.373700
James watched Peter head straight to the fridge for the bottles, without reluctance or uncertainty towards the request. It was a good sign that he wasn't nervous and perhaps confident enough in the new surroundings. The family needed employees with confidence. James accepted the beer and took a long, refreshing drink. He hadn't realised how thirsty he was until now.

"Catholic nuns? You have my sympathy," James remarked as Peter explained his upbringing. Not that his own childhood could have been much of an improvement. When it was agreed that jail wasn't for him, James nodded his head. "Take it from me and do whatever you can to avoid jail. I've been inside twice and I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, when I'm fully recovered from my injuries and I'm putting you through your paces, just remember it's better than jail. I can give you details if you need that kind of motivation." James wasn't even joking or being sarcastic. He really would give Peter the full lowdown.

James backtracked a little and allowed a brief smile to cross his lips. "You play piano? It just so happens that we have a grand piano in the main lounge. I mean, you'll probably need to ask our resident musician, Sinead, but I'm sure she'd let you use it." James had missed hearing Sinead play lately, but with her being in hospital for a couple of weeks and too exhausted in her final weeks of pregnancy, she hadn't been able to indulge in her hobbies.

James couldn't help but chuckle at Peter's bold plans for protecting the family. It wasn't that he didn't respect or believe in him, it was more amusement at his apparent confidence. "Here's a deal, Peter. You're going shadow me for the next few weeks and when you're familiar with the family, employees and businesses, I'd like you to share your suggests. Does that sound reasonable?" James remembered he'd been told to go easy on the kid. He would do so for now, but as soon as he was recovered he'd put the lad through his paces.

Sinead Sullivan

Sinead watched Lucy as she got onto the bed next to her and faintly smiled as she put her arm around her. She rested her head on her sister's shoulder.

She could feel the warmth in her heart as Lucy admitted she believed Angel really loved her and Savannah. He may have been dead and there was no chance of ever being with him, but it made it easier to know he truly cared up until the end. It made it easier for her to tell her daughter her daddy loved her as she had feared having to convincingly lie throughout the child's life. Sinead was so glad to know Angel had spared Lucy and James for Savannah's sake.

"Thank you for telling me this, Luce. I won't be able to get over Giovanni over night, but it will help me a great deal knowing it was all real and he cared for Savannah."

Sinead's face turned sad when Lucy explained Angel was lost and in pain. "I could see that and I always hoped I could help him. I hoped I could help him to fight the darkness and embrace the good person I knew was trapped beneath his pain. I wish I'd been able to get him to tell me everything, so I might have succeeded..." she trailed off. "Did he tell you?" she curiously asked.

Tears rolled down her cheeks when Lucy told her she had to close this chapter of her life and that God had other plans for her. Lucy told Sinead she was sweet and had so much love around her." Thank you, Luce. It really helps to know I still have everyone's support and it's okay for me to try move on." She kissed Lucy's cheek. "You are such a good person. I'm so sorry I let you down so many times. I will try to make everyone proud and Savannah will have the best mum."

Bellz Bellz

(I'll post the Romanos later. Most of this was typed up before RPN went down and I fell asleep waiting to finish.)

Salvatore and Vincenzo Romano

545cf5adde5dbc971e6805e7645807fb-jpg.370700
After watching Leo and Athena walk off, Vinnie turned his attention to Jewels and placed his hand on her upper back as he lead her to his car. "I'm sorry again, Jewels. Angel was practically family, so I need to head home and deal with this." Vinnie needed to inform Nicolo, Olivia... Alex, if he could find her. He would have to make sure Angel had a proper funeral. He didn't give a damn what anyone else thought of Angel, whether a Sullivan or anyone else. Vinnie cared about that man and would have nobody speak ill of him now.

Once they were outside Jewels' place, Vinnie got out of the car and walked her to her door, still being the gentleman despite his grief. "I hope we can arrange another date soon, Jewels," he gently told her. He then took her hand and placed a gentlemanly kiss on the back of it. "Thank you for understanding."

*****************​

gyug.jpg
Salvatore patted his nephew on the back as Nicolo gave him a quick hug, "Of course you were not expecting us, I like to keep you lot on your toes," he remarked. "You're looking bigger and stronger since I last saw you. No doubt keeping your old man out of trouble," he joked. "Vinnie is at the fair?! I can only assume he's there on business. He never went to fairs, even when we were kids... And where might Alexandra be? She's a lippy madam and I like that about her!" Salvatore couldn't help but laugh when Junior joked about Nicolo being grounded.

Salvatore then looked to his daughter when she asked if they should wait for Vinnie before making lunch plans. "Hmm. I don't know..." he pondered. "Vincenzo is kind of protective over his things. He probably wouldn't take too kindly to us helping ourselves to lunch." There was a glint in his eyes as he raised a devilish eyebrow. "So yes, sweetheart. Let's go make some lunch!"

Before they had chance to go into the kitchen, the sound of the front door closing was heard, followed by Vinnie calling out for Nicolo. As the Romano boss entered the lounge, he froze on the spot, his eyes fixing upon Salvatore. His brother wasn't unwelcome, but he was neither wanted nor needed in Chicago, as far as Vinnie was concerned. "Junior and Juniper, it's wonderful to see you both. I hope you're well?" Vinnie asked his nephew and niece, giving each of them a short embrace. He then turned back to Salvatore, his anger being held back only by his grief. "Passing through, I expect?"

"Vincenzo, always a joy to see your happy face!" Salvatore remarked, a smirk on his lips. "Not passing through. More, staying here for a while so we can work together. Mario and Mama made things perfectly clear. You can be an asshole all you like about it, but I'm sticking around, pure and simple." Salvatore was a little disappointed. He really wanted an argument or a fight, but Vinnie was surprisingly not budging. It almost seemed pointless to prod at him further.

"We'll discuss this tomorrow. I have more important things on my mind and I don't want to cause a scene in front of our kids," Vinnie tiredly told him. He then looked to Nicolo, his face grave. "I've just come from the fair. Leo has informed me that Angel is dead," he told his son, the news clearly affecting Vinnie. He went on to explain what had happened. Salvatore listened, kind of glad he hadn't continued to antagonise his brother, given the circumstances. He'd met Angel a number of times and had got along quite well with the younger man.

Bellz Bellz neverbackdown neverbackdown Rhaine Rhaine deer deer

Peter Callahan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Peter raised an eyebrow when James went from talking seriously about not heading to jail and what he went through to talking about Peter's passion for piano. It had been a forced talent really. The nuns wanted the orphans to learn something valuable from their time in the orphanage. He had spent hours as a boy being taught and would eventually play at mass sometimes. He missed it often but knew it was a hobby he couldn't afford. His green eyes lit up slightly as James spoke of them having a grand piano in the house, and that Sinead also had a knack for playing it.

Peter's mind went back to the girl and he remembered the devastation on her face. The poor dear suffered a great loss, one he had yet to discover...perhaps he should introduce himself at some point, when she was less sad. He would definitely ask the miss for permission to play the grand piano, it was the lady's after all. He made a mental note to work up the nerve to talk to her at some point before James moved on, simply laughing at Peter's confidence, which made the young man smile slightly.

Nodding his head once in understanding, his face became serious. "Yes sir. Sounds plenty reasonable to me. Although Conor warned me about you before...I am assuming I should worry at some point." A teasing tone took over this voice as he took a long drink from his beer.
Lucy Porter

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was unable to lie to her sister. As much as she knew that it would protect her, it was a hard decision to make. Their father and Sinead had been closer compared to the rest of them, Sinead loved their father with everything she had, being hospitalized shortly after his death. To tell her that their father may have not been the man they all knew and loved...would devastate her even further. Lucy could live with the thought of her father being a bad man, despite the pain she felt so deeply with it, it was something she would live with for her sister, Conor and Carrick. People did change, like James had said. But the perception of others changed just as quickly. The memory of her father would be preserved, he would be remembered as the kind loving man he was before he died, Lucy would make sure it stayed that way.

"He did...but Sinead, I can't bring myself to talk about it." Lucy's eyes watered slightly as she thought harder about what Angel had said, what he had went through because of her father. "Just know that, he's no longer suffering because of it." Lucy could only smile as Sinead told her that she was a good person. She could argue with her till the cows came home about how she thought she wasn't, but now wasn't the time. "You never disappoint me Sinead...just scare me half to death really. I don't expect you to get over Giovanni in a day, or a week...hell it might take you longer than that. I know it all hurts now but please remember this okay? Its better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." Lucy turned her head to look at her sister.

"You both loved each other very much, I have no doubts. But use that love you had to learn how to love again."​

James Porter

jkgh-jpg.373700
James couldn't help but smirk at mention of Conor warning Peter. "Oh yeah, I should have known Conor would have already been in there trying to warn you about me," he remarked. "He may have warned you, but don't forget he's the one who decided to put you in my capable hands, so you can blame him for anything that happens in the future." He paused for a moment, thinking to himself about how much he hoped Lucy was succeeding in helping Sinead. He also reminded himself once again to be nice to Peter. "Did Conor tell you about the rest of the family?" he curiously asked.

"You'll meet his mother, Shannon, soon enough. She will most likely tease you or come across as scary, but you'll get used to her. She'd be more likely to not address you at all if she really didn't like you," he warned Peter. "Obviously you've met Conor and Lucy. There's also Carrick, he's the youngest of Conor's siblings. The kid is at college, wanting to be a doctor now. There's also Sinead, who you just saw. Things are complicated for her right now and I'm sure if you stick around long enough you'll pick up enough about why she's so upset." He frowned as he thought about the day's events. "Once you've done enough training, part of your duties will be to protect Sinead and her baby. She may be fragile right now, but that girl is more resilient than she seems and she knows how to give people the slip." James cleared his throat. She'd managed to successfully escape even his own watchful eyes over the years. She was older and had more responsibilities now, but he thought it still worth mentioning. "There's also their cousins: Finn, Maggie, Aidan and Garret. I'm sure you'll meet them soon enough. Honestly, mate. I never thought I needed a family until I got to know this one. It's important we look out for them, whatever the cost."

Sinead Sullivan

Sinead bit her lip when Lucy said she couldn't bear to talk about what had happened in Angel's life. It brought another tear to her eye to think of what he could have possibly been through in his childhood. She knew she couldn't change his past or even the way it might have seemed like she rejected him a few weeks ago. She just hoped he understood why she told him he couldn't be in her life with Savannah. No matter how perfect it had seemed in her head for the three of them to be a happy family, she knew there was the other side of him that he couldn't tame or refuse. The side that wanted to kill her family. The only thing she could do for Angel now was to tell his daughter the good things about him. "I'm glad he isn't suffering now," she decided, quickly nodding her head as she sniffled. "There is one more thing I will need to do before I can finally close that chapter of my life. Savannah and I have to attend his funeral. I'm not afraid of Vinnie and it's the only way I can let Savannah say goodbye to her daddy."

Sinead sat up and waited for Lucy to do the same, so she could give her sister a tight hug. "I'm so glad you and James are okay." She pulled away and looked towards Savannah's crib. "We need to make tomorrow a better day. I haven't even been with my little girl for a day yet and I already feel like I have to make it up to her. She must have been so lonely in that hospital for two weeks. I know I was and I had these terrible thoughts that they weren't ever going to let me hold her or take her home. So, if the weather is nice again tomorrow, I want us all to go to the park and make up for what we missed today," she suggested, managing a weak smile.

Bellz Bellz

Athena Archer
tumblr_osjejkZDmE1vk08kdo1_400.gif

Athena sat in the passenger at whilst Leo drove. There was an uncanny silence during the car drive. Halfway into the drive, Athena glanced at Leo as he began to speak to her. She listened and he apologized for the event earlier. The girl had her eyes trained on Leo as he expressed his grievances and why he was working for Vinnie. As he pulled up outside the apartment, she glanced at him with a soft expression on her face.
It hurt her that Leo was involved in all this. Athena bit her lip, she knew Leo and this was bound to take a toll on him.
"This is a not all your fault Leo." Athena voiced, refusing to believe that Leo was to blame solely for the events that occurred recently.

He began to speak, saying that he wasn't human and she made the right choice in breaking up with him. Athena placed her gentle eyes upon him.

"Leo, do you know why you won me over?" She questioned softly.

"It was because I loved how sweet, thoughtful, kind and what an amazing person you were." She phrased gently. "I also love how you let me ramble on about my favorite novels." she chuckled.
"Would someone who's not human have the characteristics that you have?" She spoke.

"You are human Leo. You may have gotten involved in maybe the wrong company but you are human." Athena voiced softly, looking straight at him, intent on getting through to him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Leo Davide
yyy-jpg.373645

Leo looked to Athena as she spoke him, unsure how anyone could be so understanding and forgiving towards him after what he'd done. "I don't feel so human right now, Athena. I hope I can find myself again and somehow we can be friends. I wish I could have been there for you all of these months and help you with your babies. It hurts knowing we could have been so happy together." Leo glanced out of the window and sighed. He turned back to Athena and faintly smiled. "I loved that you rambled about your favourite books to me. Nobody else appreciates literature as much as you do so I never had anyone to talk about it with before."

Leo nodded his head decisively. "I will try to make up for all of the bad things I've done."​
Lamia Lamia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back