• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Aidan Sullivan
---------------------------------------------------------------------

01fd2048-1083-4e6a-bba0-8eec4f98e41elarge.jpeg

Aid grinned cheekily at Maggie. Due to her being easily embarrassed, she was the victim of many of his countless pranks when the cousins were younger.

Aidan glanced over at Maggie and Finn, a gentle smile appearing, "I will." Aidan nodded, with a light, friendly smile. He couldn't imagine not visiting his mother, that's for sure. Even if he was planning on not doing so, the woman called almost every day, so he couldn't escape her.
Having lived with the woman for nearly nineteen years, it was a natural reaction so Aidan didn't necessarily blame her.
His eyes flicked over to Maggie as Finn mentioned her reaction to him leaving for a day or two. Aid chuckled.

Aidan heard her comment. "Yeah, she would love to see you guys." He smiled. Aid's mother would surely enjoy the company of his cousins.

He glanced at Finn as he mentioned to good shape that Conor kept the pub in. Aidan nodded, "Yeah, he does." He commented, agreeing with Maggie.
The freckled boy took a glance around the place. Conor sure kept it in tip top shape, that's for sure.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
myst.erion myst.erion

Athena Archer

980x.jpg

Upon hearing Leo agree to her suggestion, an small smile formed. Athena grinned at his rhetorical question.
Athena looked to him as he commented on her costumes of choice. "Okay." Athena replied. She finished the remaining bit of her cotton candy before standing up and tossing the packaging in a nearby garbage can.
Thena walked with Leo as he led her to the Ferris Wheel.
It was then that Leo changed the direction their were going ever so slightly. Athena glanced at Leo, "Yeah, I'm fine." She spoke softly to him. Athena was unsure what was wrong. Athena hadn't known the man for long but she was certain that something caused him to change their pace so suddenly. She continued to walk with Thena slightly observed him. He looked a bit distracted.
"Is everything alright?" She questioned softly, seeing right through the facade.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_n9ycz4MYRd1r25xgk.gif

Alex gave a sad smile when he said how they were similar "no we really aren't" she agreed. She bit her lip as she looked out at the road ahead, resting her head gently against the side window until he parked the car.
Once parked, Alex sat up and reached out for the door handle until she realized that Conor was not getting out yet, she turned to face him as he spoke. "I know he's the main source of all things shitty but I just feel like I always have some hand in it, accidental or not" she sighed. Alex didnt really know how to explain the way she felt, she just felt guilty all the time about everything that went wrong in hers and her loved ones lives. When he asked about Angel she shrugged but aI hint of anger played on her face "because Im too good and smart to throw my life away" she did her best impression of Angel as she spoke however there was a very obvious undertone of anger in her voice "and this" she motioned to herself and Conor "according to him is going to get us both killed, and to be honest I wouldnt be surprised at this stage if he had some kind of hand in that" she muttered the last bit quietly. She knew in her heart that Angel would never actually hurt her but the anger that he had possessed in the club had frightened her a little bit, she had never seen him so angry. Sure she knew he was ruthless but she had never witnessed it herself. In some ways Alex just wished he was tell her father and get it over with, instead of hanging the thought over her head but at the same time she was relieved he hadn't. What Alex chose to leave out is how she knew there was something between Angel and Sinead, her mind replaying the night she had heard him call her name in his sleep. This idea annoyed Alex even more for the fact he was being a complete hypocrite, how was him and Sinead any different to Conor and Alex. She tried to push back the anger, not wanting to spend her time with Conor as angry and miserable as she had been the last few days. "Did you make up with your sister?" She asked, her hand subconsciously went to her nose when she thought of Lucy. There was still a slight bruising around her nose and under her left eye from the punch that she had recieved but luckily it was nowhere near as bad as it had been
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: Bellz Bellz Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Sinead Sullivan

0a6408aa88fb10b1077f6fbd4ad4f78e-jpg.350393

Sinead smiled to herself as she held Angel's hand whilst walking down the sidewalk. When he made his comment about being just some gangster, she shook her head. "You're more than that. You just need to let yourself be the good person I know you are," she told him.

As they heard the voices talking about blasting them, Sinead felt worried. It was as if she couldn't go anywhere anymore without trouble. When Angel pulled her behind him, she felt a little reassured but not enough to stop her from worrying. As with everyone she seemed to know, Angel took out his gun and aimed it ready, but right now she appreciated that he was armed.

Suddenly, some kid popped up and started squirting Angel with water. After the initial shock, Sinead covered her mouth and giggled. Her heart was still racing in her chest as the kid ran off and Angel mentioned the place was full of youngsters. "Ah, that's alright. I love children," she told him. Growing up, she and her siblings got up to all kinds of playful mischief, so she couldn't judge these kids. "I hope they didn't mess up that nice shirt of yours," she told him, looking to see how wet his clothes were.

Sinead stepped into the house before Angel and when he told her to make herself at home she rushed to the window first to look outside at the pretty view of the city. After looking outside for a short time, she turned around and walked to one of the sofas, kicking off her shoes before sitting down. "You have a really nice place, Giovanni," she kindly told him. "I love how it's decorated and you have a really nice view of the city." She wasn't sure if her heart was still beating fast from the earlier surprise or because she was feeling a little nervous about being in his house. She knew she'd be in trouble if her family found out she was alone in Angel's house with him, but her feelings for him outweighed all of that.

Enzyme Enzyme

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_0680.GIF

Angel stood behind the kitchen, removing the colt from his coat. Racking the slide, he unloaded the round in the chamber. Pressing down the mag release, he pulled the seven round magazine out of the firearm. He did this all behind the cover of the kitchen wall, as to not startle Sinead. Moving the unloaded handgun into the cabinet, he stepped out of the kitchen.

"Ah, I'm not that creative; I hired a decorator," he moved for the record player, examining his soaked shirt, "Actually, I don't know why I told you that. I could've totally taken credit for that." He chuckled as he moved for the bottom of his shirt, pulling it off in one motion. A few scars were prominent across his chest, the most noticeable being what appeared to be a healed bullet wound between the bones in his shoulder. A silver necklace laced around his neck, "pace e prosperità" etched into the medallion. He tossed his wet shirt aside as he grabbed his favorite record. Loading it into the player, he placed the pin directly on the record. He the stepped back over to Sinead, offering her his hand. "I know you can sing, but can you dance?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

ygkg-png.350607

Conor simply nodded as Alex reasoned her problems weren't solely her father's fault. He knew he was biased on this subject, so he wasn't about to argue with her. When she began explaining what Angel was doing to upset her, he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, your asshole friend Angel is right about that. You shouldn't throw your life away - you can try make something of it," he told her. When she said their relationship was going to get them both killed, Conor looked away for a short time as he bit his thumbnail. "I think you'll be alright," he said, looking back to her. "I think it'll be me who gets killed over this," he told her. As much as his family hated Alex, he didn't believe they would kill her over this. Vinnie would kill him and he was under no illusion Alex's father finding out would go down any other way. Conor kind of understand that, because if either of his sisters were with a Romano, he'd probably want to kill the guy in question.

"Yeah, Lucy and I made up," Conor said, with a faint smile. "She's not happy about us two, but I think it's just something we're not going to discuss again," he admitted. He saw her hand move to her nose which still had slight bruising. He wasn't about to apologise on his sister's behalf for the punch - it wasn't his place to apologise and Alex had hit Liucy first. Instead, he took her hand and kissed the back of it. "Come on. Are you ready for that walk?" he asked her, allowing a charming smile to grow on his face. "I think the fresh air will do us the world of good."
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Sinead Sullivan

0a6408aa88fb10b1077f6fbd4ad4f78e-jpg.350393

"Hmm, you really did miss a trick there. I would have believed you as well," Sinead admitted, once again scanning the room to admire the decor. "In that case, well done on hiring a good decorator. You should be proud of yourself" she joked. She looked back towards the window for a moment and managed to look back to Angel just as he was taking off his shirt. She found herself looking at his toned body and some of the scars. When she realised she was staring, she cleared her throat and was unable to stop herself from blushing. "Sorry," she quietly apologised, believing he might think she was being rude by staring.

When he started playing the music, she smiled. "I do like this song," she told him. As he approached her, she looked up and could still feel that her cheeks were a deep red. When offered out his hand for her to dance, she froze up for a moment, feeling a little bashful as this handsome man was standing topless and asking her to dance. "Oh, I can dance," she stated, finding a little more confidence. She accepted his hand, stood up and moved in close to him. She glanced to the medallion around his neck but she wasn't sure what it said, though figured it was Italian. "What does it mean?" she asked, briefly lifting the medallion to her eye level. She was trying to distract from how nervous she felt, but her trembling hand gave her away in an instant.
Enzyme Enzyme

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_0681.GIF

He watched her examine his medallion, admiring her beauty. He rested his hand on the back of hers, controlling her trembling. He slowly moved his fingers between hers, transforming into a relaxed waltzing position. "Peace and prosperity." Angel said, smiling down at her. He rested his hand on the curvature of her back, pulling her in closer. He proceeded to slowly sway her back in forth, "It was a gift from my mother before she left. Do you have any possessions you hold close?" He raised her hand above their heads, spinning her around before pulling her close once again.

He hadn't danced in years, but was naturally finding his way. Having Sinead this close to him was an ecstasy rush. He had admitted to himself back on the hill that this was no longer about completeing a mission, but now he was proving it. As he watched her lips move, the music faded away. He could feel her overwhelming heartbeats against his bare chest. "I love you." Was all he could think.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

*** Navy Pier ***

James Porter

dd07dad2a1af285bff135c4b19a8b50b-arrow-tv-stephen-amell-jpg.350718

James was pleased when Lucy agreed seeing the ocean would be good. "Then we'll go on vacation sometime. It would be a long drive, but perhaps Cape Cod?" he suggested.

When Lucy made it known she'd also seen David and Peter, James sighed. "I don't think they believe in time off. Then again, I know another guy who was like that... until he realised he had better things to be doing with his Friday nights," he said, kissing Lucy on the forehead. "I'm happy to just pretend I haven't seen them. This is our night and I'm not getting involved in this job."​

When the ride ended and their cabin was level with the ground, James was kind of disappointed. They were to get out the opposite said they'd got on the ride, which meant Lucy would step out first. She was helped out by the man who had opened the cabin door for her, but she would soon realise he wasn't actually a fairground worker as he stood behind her and wrapped his arm around her neck, holding his gun to her head with his free hand. James, meanwhile, had been joined by another man who was pointing a gun at him. "Let's go around the wheel again, Porter. We need to talk about some money you owe Vinnie."

"Leave her the fuck out of this," James snapped, about to climb off the ride but stopped as the man threatening Lucy pressed the barrel off his gun into her skin.

Lucy would find the large man holding her was very strong and was easily able to drag her away from the Ferris Wheel and to the back on the childishly colourful Fun House. "Don't make me put a bullet in you pretty head, love," the man threatened her.​

Leo Davide

150498307263197-jpg.350436

Leo stopped walking but kept his back to his father as Athena asked him if everything was alright. He was never good at lying or hiding how he was feeling. "My old man is here, standing near the hotdog stand. He's doing a job for Vinnie and tried to drag me into it. I just don't want him to see us. He'll ruin our date like he ruins most good things," he admitted. "How about going on the carousel first and save the Ferris Wheel until he's gone..."

Sandro Davide and David O'Donovan

sandrodavide-png.350910
untitled-png.350911

David smiled as one of Walter's goons handed over the car keys. "You've got a choice, lads. A bullet each in the skull and die, or go for a swim in the lake and live to waste another day." After a bit of reluctance, the two men allowed David and Peter to lead them to the side of the pier. Guns still trained on their heads, the two goons climbed over the metal railing and jumped down into the cold water. David had hoped they'd go with that option as he didn't enjoy killing people and he certainly didn't want the attention two gunshot bangs would cause.

Speaking of attention and loud bangs. An explosion was soon heard as a nearby car blew up. David composed himself quick enough to realise James' car had been blow up and was now engulfed in flames. "In that car, now," he ordered Peter as he pointed to Walter's car. He started the engine and the two Sullivan men sped off along the pier, the trunk filled with the weapons Sandro had been due to take back to Vinnie.

"Where's the cash?" Walter asked Sandro. "I know you're getting these weapons for Romano and I don't trust 'em. I want to see the money first..." Walter was cut off as he heard the loud explosion. He saw two men (David and Peter) get into his own car and speed off. Putting two and two together, he came to the conclusion Sandro had set him up and stolen the weapons. "I knew not to trust a damn Italian!" he snapped and fired two bullets into Sandro's chest before sprinting away.

Leo heard the explosion and instinctively turned around to the source. As he did, he saw Walter shoot his father. "DAD!" he shouted. He worriedly glanced back to Athena and briefly took her hand before letting go and running over to his father. The older man collapsed onto the floor and Leo rushed down onto his knees. "Shit. It's... I..." he began, panicking. As tried to help his father sit up, Leo's hands became covered in blood. Leo didn't have a clue what to do. "Somebody help. Please!" he yelled out.

As the Ferris Wheel reached one of the highest points, James saw the car explode but thought nothing personally of it, not until Romano's goon spoke again. "That was your car - the one with the nice dent in it. I imagine your house will be going up in flame around about now too. A friend told me you love explosions, so we thought we'd treat you." He overdramatically sighed. "Now, how about we arrange how you're going to compensate Vinnie for the bombs you destroyed last week. You won't see Lucy again until you repay him."

Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

Sinead Sullivan

cf933670fb8bad114b4d5e1ec93d2ded.jpg

Sinead looked to Angel and smiled as he took her hand, drawing her into a waltzing position. She placed her other hand on his back, matching his positioning. When pulled in closer, she rested her head on his shoulder and they began to sway in time with the music. "It's a beautiful gift from your mum," she told him. When asked if she had any possessions she held close, she nodded slightly. "I have little trinkets that remind me of the people I care about. Like, Lucy used to have this plastic bracelet she loved to wear when we were kids and when she grew out of it, I asked if I could keep it. Just little things like that." She was thankful the box she'd kept her 'memories' in had been kept in the closet of her family's home, as if it had been in her former apartment it could have been destroyed when the place was trashed. "Other than that, everything I keep close is in my heart and my thoughts, which I like to put into my music."

Sinead closed her eyes for a time as she just let herself get absorbed in the moment. Her troubles seemed to have left her mind for a time and she couldn't get enough of how it feel to be so relaxed. "This is perfect, Giovanni," she quietly told him.
Enzyme Enzyme

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

92c64fee-9ca4-494d-b061-c8be9974b2fc_ampliacion.gif

He allowed the silence to fill the void, closing his eyes. It was nice to feel the weight of someone he cared about against his chest, it was a comfort feeling. He slowly guided her hand to his chest, pressing it against the healed bullet wound. "Familiar?" He whispered in her ear. The scar was almost like a tattoo to him, a reminder of her every time he took his shirt off. He was always molded into this cold, manipulative, vial caricature. In reality, he had a lot of love and affection to offer, he had just never met someone he had the urge to share it with. Angel pressed his head against Sinead's, continuing the rhythmic rocking. He ran his hands down the fabric of her dress, resting on her waist. He then pressed his lips against hers, feeling the returning feeling of ecstasy run through his veins.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan

cf933670fb8bad114b4d5e1ec93d2ded-jpg.351320

Sinead watched as Angel guided her hand to the healed bullet wound on his chest. She gasped slightly as he asked her if it was familiar. She nodded her head as she gently ran her fingertips over his skin. She kept her hand over the scar as she lifted her head so her eyes could meet with his. "I could never forget," she told him. "You saved my life and that's something I don't think I can ever repay you for, but I will always be grateful for what you did. It means a lot to me," she told him. As she felt his hands move down to her hips, the feeling of butterflies in her stomach was intense. When he pressed his lips to hers, Sinead wrapped her arms around his shoulder, standing on the tip-toes of her bare feet as they kissed. Being with Angel made her feel like she'd been pulled out of the darkness her mind had been trapped in, and brought back to the bright lights of the living. She was sure she was starting to truly find herself again and she would no longer have to pretend to be her old self.
Enzyme Enzyme

Lucy Sullivan

f255c2c8fb32a3dbe6f6ab6af2cba115.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
The words James had spoken to her were comforting, he wanted to spend this night with her and it made her heart fill with joy. But as the ferris wheel made its decent, she couldn't help but get a strange feeling of deja vu. Looking towards where the two men were again, she stared until they were stopped. Lucy got up and out, thanks to the help of a fair ground worker. Or so she thought. He grabbed her from behind, wrapping his large arm around her neck and pressing the tip of a gun to her head. Lucy's eyes widened with fear as she looked to James, who seemed to be just as shocked. Another man aimed a gun at him, suggesting they get back on the wheel to talk about what he owed....Vinnie?

Lucy knew what this was about, Vinnie had figured out who blew up all of his shit. James tried to get out of his seat, and that's when she felt the gun press harder against her temple, causing her to whimper slightly in fear. She looked to James once more, trying to memorize the features in his face before the large man holding her captive began to drag her off. Lucy struggled slightly and clawed at the man's arm but it was no use. Tears slipped down her face as she wondered if she would ever see her family and James again.

The man dragged her towards the back of the funhouse when she heard and saw the explosion. Gasping out, she watched people stare in horror before scattering from the pier, screaming and crying coming from women and children. Lucy was horrified that Vinnie would even do such a thing in a place like this, with all the innocent lives surrounding them. Her heart thumped in her chest as the man finally dragged her behind the funhouse. "LET ME GO!" She cried out in desperation.​

Finn Sullivan

large.gif

Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion
Finn continued to scan the bar once more after hearing both Maggie and Aidan agree with him. It made him nervous to think that this was all their responsibility and that if anything were to go wrong, it would be on their heads. Finn didn't see anything suspicious looking at that moment, so he turned back around and started to wash some of the glasses that had been in one of the busser buckets waiting to be washed. His gut was telling him that something was off. But he just decide to ignore it and move one with what he needed to do.

Her turned back to Aidan, "What else is going on with you? Meet any special lady yet?" He asked, once again forcing the cheery tone and smile. He didn't want to worry anyone about anything, especially if he was just being his regular paranoid self. Looking towards Maggie, he secretly wondered how he would be able to keep her safe in a terrible situation. Sure Finn was a big guy and had a few tricks up his sleeve, but if he didn't work quick and efficiently they both could end up six feet under.

As she was dragged behind the fun house, Lucy would see a car ahead of them, the engine was running but the headlights were off. "If your boyfriend pays up, then I'll let you go," the man coldly told her. As they approached the car, the man looked into the driver's window and tapped it with the barrel of his gun to get his friend's attention. If Lucy followed her captor's gaze she would see the driver, the man's ally, sprawled out in the seat with blood running from the bullet hole in the middle of his forehead. "What the fuck?" the man muttered. Whilst he still had one arm securely around Lucy, the gun was no longer pointed at her head as he looked around deciding what to do now. Suddenly, a gunshot would ring out loud in Lucy's ears. The man holding her loosened his hold as he dropped his gun on the floor and yelped in pain, looking at the bleeding hole in his head caused by a bullet ripping through it. In the seconds the man had let go of Lucy, an even larger man dragged him down onto the ground before putting a bullet in his skull.

"Miss Sullivan," Kane said, placing his gun in his back pocket. She wouldn't have a clue who this guy was, but surely he wasn't going to attack her after just saving her? "You need to get away from here and home, or at the very least stay hidden back here until the coast is clear," he told her. "I'm a friend of Conor's," he added.

untitled-png.338455

Bellz Bellz

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

ryanhottie.gif

His hands raised to the shoulders of her outfit, causing her dress to fall to the floor. The pin moved off of the record, ending the song. Angel was too preoccupied to notice the lack of music as he continued to kiss Sinead. He had no idea why he felt so passionate towards her. He pondered the thought that maybe it came from his immense guilt for negatively affecting her life so heavily. He dismissed that as the cause, for he was incredibly attracted to her. Maybe it was because she was forbidden fruit, not to be spoken to or looked at. He had no clue why this young irish woman, who just a couple months ago he was trashing her house, had him swooped off his feet. "Depiste the fact that she is incredibly talented, sweet, and gorgeous." Angel thought to himself. He had been so occupied with Sinead, that he didn't forgot to even turned on the lights; the illuminating light coming from the city. Holding her hand, he led her into the bedroom. The moment he stepped through his door, he didn't waist anytime being separated from her, kissing her immediately. (Fade to black?)

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Aidan Sullivan

01fd2048-1083-4e6a-bba0-8eec4f98e41elarge.jpeg

Aidan chuckled as Finn asked him about meeting any ladies. "I mean, I talk to some pretty ladies but none really worth my time." He smiles. The boy was quite handsome and the ladies naturally flock to him. He was what you would call a ladies man in the making. However, no one has captured his heart yet. Aidan is still young though, it's only a matter of time before someone gets his attention.
His eyes flickered from Maggie to Finn, "How about you two? Is there anyone that I should know about?" Aidan question, offering a little playful wink with a grin.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
myst.erion myst.erion

Athena Archer

980x.jpg

Athena watched as Leo stopped walking, before going on to explain the reason why he seemed a bit off at the moment. Apparently, he didn't want their date to be ruined by his father. Leo then mentioned going on the carousel first. She seemed to understand why he was so distracted now. "I see.." She mumbled.
"Well let's go on that carousel then. It'll get your mind off things." She said, offering a reassuring smile.
It was then that that sound of an explosion met Athena's eardrums. She turned her body around, the same time as Leo did. She was horrified to see a man kill another. The fact that it was Leo's father was let known through his traumatized scream.
Her heart was racing. Athena bit her lower lip in worry. She glanced at Leo, feeling the light hand grab before watching him venture over to his fallen father. Athena felt helpless in the moment. She wishes she could do something to help, even a little.

Rushing to the payphone near her, Athena entered a few coins into the machine and dialed 911. She tapped her foot nervously. She was praying to God that Leo's father would be okay. She knew what it was like to lose a father and she wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone on earth. It was about five minutes when someone finally answered.
"Hello?" said the person on the other line.

"Hello, there's been a shooting at Navy Pier and there is a man severely hurt. The ambulance needs to come right away." Athena spoke, voice laced with worry.
"Calm down ma'm, we'll be on our way very soon." The operator responded before hanging up. Letting out a sigh, Athena stepped out of the payphone, nervously fiddling with her thumbs.
Everyone in the pier were just standing there, unaware of what to do in the current moment.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was completely helpless as the man continued to drag her behind the funhouse, she saw a pair of headlights and knew that she would be getting into a car. One that would take her to where no one would be able to find her. Her heart raced erratically in her chest and she tried her best to try and pry the man’s arm from her neck. He revealed to her that they would not be letting her go until James’ payed for all of the items that had been ruined in the warehouses. When they got close to the car, the man tapped on the window with his gun. Lucy saw a change in her captors expression and moved slightly to see what he was seeing. Her eyes went wide, someone had shot the driver that was going to be taking her away. What did this all mean? Was this person on her side? Or was he here for his own individual reasons.

He still held her in a tight grip but the gun was suddenly brought away from her head as he began to scan the area around them. Lucy’s breath was shallow and all she could think about in the moment was getting back to James and her family. The silence was eery until the sound of a gun firing tore through it. It was relatively close, close enough to make her ears ring. She heard her captor yelp out in pain before releasing her completely. Lucy didn’t wait around as she let her legs carry her a few feet away from the man, watching as an even larger man came and put a bullet into his head. She watched her captor go lifeless in an instant before the man who saved her called her by her last name. Miss Sullivan

She glanced at him in fear, wondering who’s side he was on. She stayed a few feet away from him and was prepared to fight him off if she could. Glancing at the man’s size once more, she knew it would be a battle that she would lose instantly. He explained to her that she needed to get somewhere safe and that made her sigh out in relief. He stated he was a friend of Connor’s and she realized that she would have to thank her brother later. But as her mind struggled to think, she looked up at Kane wide eyed. “James is still on the ferris wheel!” She told Kane. “I can’t just leave him here like this.” She was about to take a step forward to go and try to find him herself, when she realized that maybe stepping from this hiding place wasn’t the best idea. “You…Kane? Are you able to protect Mr. Porter?” She asked, her voice sounding like she was begging for him to say yes.​

((OOC: will have Finn up tomorrow morning, I have had an emotional day and need to take a little break for the rest of the night. This post was written earlier today. thanks babes))

Sinead Sullivan

zoey-deutch-for-allure-magazine-2016-02-178x219.jpg

Sinead froze up for the briefest of moments when Angel removed her dress. She hadn't been in a situation like this before and she wasn't really sure what to do and she certainly didn't want to ruin the moment by saying she was inexperienced. Besides, as Angel continued to kiss her, it seemed to distract her from her apprehension and she let him take the lead. Giving in to her feelings for Angel, she let him guide her into his bedroom. Any doubts she had were because she hadn't done this before, but she was in love with Angel so this seemed to her like the right time.

[Fade to black...]

As she lay on his bed, Sinead turned to look at Angel and studied his face as she let her thoughts take over her. There was no turning back now, it was too late for that, and she knew it. She was in love with him and she'd gone all the way with him now. Whilst the trouble she'd be in if her family found out was in the back of her mind, all that was in the front was her hopes that sleeping together had meant as much to Angel as it did to her.

Enzyme Enzyme

tumblr_inline_n9ycz4MYRd1r25xgk.gif

Alex gave a smile when he told her that she could do something with her life "everyone keeps saying that to me" she commented quietly "but I dont know what they expect me to make off it, Im the eldest daughter of an Italian mob boss and a part time waitress" she mused. Alex bit her lip "I'm not being a coward again, if he wants you he'll have to go through me" she stated and then frowned "although if something does happen then I dont think I'll be long after you, I'm sure your sister would love to put a bullet in my head so would James". While Alex said it calmly and as though it didnt effect her. The truth was that she was afraid, she had been most of her life. Her father had enemies and while until now she had been innocent in the events, she wasn't anymore and she knew eventually the consequences of that would come back to get her.
Alex smiled faintly that they had made up "well I'm glad, although I'm not going to Lie, when you got into the car that night I was afraid I'd never see you again" the sad smile faded when he kissed her hand. "Yeah lets be all romantic and shit like they are in movies" she said in an enthusiastically joking manner "or you know, skinny dip" she added with a wink. With that Alex turned and opened the door before stepping out, she looked towards the beach and smiled as she waited for Conor to join her. She loved the beach, the salty scent in the air, the sound of the waves crashing into shore, it was just a relaxing place to unwind and on top of that no-one would think to look for her here and like the pier it was a place where you didnt have to worry about trouble arising.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

ygkg-png.350607

Conor sighed. "So you become a full-time waitress. You move from working in a diner to working in a restaurant. Plan to own your own restaurant one day. Good things won't come to you. Sadly, in our lives, the only thing we don't have to work hard for is bad luck and suffering. We have to fight for the things that make us happy." When Alex mentioned Lucy and James would go after her if anything happened to him, Conor shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah..." he mumbled. Although it did mean Alex was a risk, one of the things that made James so useful to his family was that he was willing to do jobs others wouldn't. The Romanos were James' enemies, plain and simple. Whether it was Alex or Vinnie himself, James would be willing to pull the trigger. "It's a shame we can never know each others' family and friends. I mean, you only see one side of James and that's all you need to see, but I wish you could know how good a man he is beneath it all."

He then thought back to that night and frowned. "I'm sorry I had to leave you there, but you must understand I had no choice. We will always put our family's first and had I not got into that car, I think the damage would have be irreparable. I would rather die than not be able to see my family again," he admitted.

"Don't you go knocking a bit of romance," he said, grinning as he got out of the car. "Skinny dipping? Do you think you can handle that? The lake is pretty damn cold in October," he reminded her. As they stepped on the sand, Conor looked around to take in their surroundings. They could see the pier in the distance and Conor was sure he could make out the flames of a fire, but he shrugged it off. There was always some crazy event going on at the pier. "Did you really want to go for a swim?" he cheekily asked her.

tumblr_nbf1xmXYhH1rq03t7o1_1280.jpg

A faint smile played on her lips "Yeah it is a shame, Im sure to the right people they are lovely". Alex knew that it was rare for a person's nature to be truly evil and usually an enemy could be the nicest person to their friends but to an enemy could be cold. "It's the same with my brothers I wish you could know the side of them that I know, their true side" she added, smiling slightly as she thought of her brothers "Well actually what you see is what you get with Monte and Gio, but Nicolo he's so different" she smirked as she mentioned Monte. Her brother was as cold and calculating to friends and family as he was towards his enemies, but with her he was different, he was brotherly to her. "But its the roles we've been handed and we just have to make the best out of it".
Alex shook her head when he apologised "there's no need to say sorry to me, I understand. Family is everything to you as it is to me and if the tables were turned that night and it was my sibling that saw us I cant say I wouldnt do the same thing" she smiled softly as she slipped her hand into his, looking up to him for a brief second "but you did standup for me and I really appreciate it".
Alex looked towards the sea and smirked a playful glint in her eye "I think you should get in and if its okay, I'll get in". As she turned to look at Conor, her eye caught something in the distance and she turned her head to zone in on it properly. She was pretty sure it was a fire on the pier but after a moment or two off not hearing any screams or sounds of Alarm she shrugged it off. "So are you going to get in?" She asked him playfully
Misty Gray Misty Gray

*** Navy Pier ***

James Porter

dd07dad2a1af285bff135c4b19a8b50b-arrow-tv-stephen-amell-jpg.350718

James shrugged his shoulders when the Italian told him it was his car that had blown up and his house was likely going the same way. "They're just possessions. I'm not as attached to materialistic items as your boss appears to be," he defiantly noted. When it was made clear Lucy was in trouble unless he paid Vinnie back, James knew how serious this was. The only thing stopping him from throwing this man off of the Ferris Wheel was knowing Lucy would be hurt if anything were to happen to Vinnie's goon. "The thing is. We appear to have a problem, in that I don't have that kind of money to hand." James folded his arms and casually sat back, despite going crazy on the inside with worry for Lucy. "You need to let Lucy go and take me to see Vinnie. Leave it to the adults to sort this out," he remarked. "I'm sure is me and Vinnie don't come to an agreement he can get his revenge by killing me himself."

"Those weren't Vinnie's terms..." the man flatly told him.

untitled-png.338455

Kane remained standing still as Lucy appeared ready to fight him or perhaps even run from him. He didn't want his imposing figure to scare her away, especially as he needed her to stay where she was. She eventually realised he was on her side and he could see her relief. When she told him James was on the Ferris Wheel, Kane nodded his head. "I imagine he's still there to give time for our dead friend here to whisk you away somewhere," he noted, looking down to the man he'd just killed.

When Lucy was about to rush off to get James herself, Kane was prepared to intercept her and stop her from going, but she soon realised it was better she stayed in hiding. "If you can stay out of sight, then I can go help Mr Porter," he answered her. "Conor told me James is as good as family and I'm here to help your family," he told her. "Are you going to stay hidden?" he seriously asked Lucy.

Kane knew he was going to have to keep his end of the bargain, he just hadn't expected it to be so soon. When Conor had told him most of his family were at the Emerald, Kane headed over there to keep watch and get an idea of the family's movements, which is when he and his men followed James and Lucy to the pier.
Bellz Bellz

Leo Davide

k2fpf8.gif

As Leo looked around to see if anyone could help, he felt Sandro grab his arm to pull him closer. "Cops can't know about this. Take my gun," he said, weakly sliding the weapon into Leo's pocket as his hand fiercely shook. "My car," he said, pointing to where he'd parked the vehicle. The man struggled to keep speaking, coughing up blood as his body began to grow weaker by the second. "The bag is hidden under the spare tyre. Take it and keep the money. Vinnie won't know," he whispered. "You're a good kid. You deserve it."

"Dad, I don't care about any of that," Leo cried, frustrated that his father was still only thinking of business at a time like this. "You're going to be okay. I promise we'll..." he began, but realised Sandro had stopped breathing. Leo almost forgot how to breathe himself as he looked at his father's lifeless body. He stood up and backed away, almost oblivious to the bystanders who were looking on.

Leo made brief eye-contact with Athena before rushing off out of sight to his father's car where he proceeded to retrieve the bag full of cash. He stashed the gun in with the cash before throwing the bag over his shoulder. He marched back towards Athena, his face almost void of any emotion. "I'm sorry he ruined our date," he told her. He then pointed down the pier to the main street where his car was parked. "You can't stay here. We have to go," he told her. "I need to go to the casino and tell Vinnie his job went wrong." Leo was in shock and he was oblivious to his hands being covered in blood . What he did know, was that he had to see Vinnie.
Lamia Lamia

Conor Sullivan

ygkg-png.350607

Conor listened as Alex spoke of her brothers. Although he and Gio were hardly friends when he was still around Chicago, Conor had seen he was a nice enough guy, but he wasn't sure about Nicolo. As for Monte - Conor felt that one was genuinely sick and nasty, so nothing could change his opinion where the eldest Romano son was concerned.

He faintly smiled when Alex told him he didn't need to apologise and that she too would have put her family first. He was glad she understood. "I guess I did stand up for you," he agreed. "I just couldn't have you take all the blame. I'm an adult and I'm capable of making my own 'mistakes'. So I had to acknowledge that and accept responsibility."

As Alex asked him if he was going to get in the water, Conor saw it as her challenging him and couldn't back away from that. "Well, yeah. I'm getting in. Aren't you?" he asked. He was already removing his jacket and shirt, not wanting to mess them up. The cool air already hit him, but he didn't let that put him off. "What are you waiting for?" he goaded her. He then removed his shoes and socks, before stepping into the water, keeping his trousers on. His feet in the water alone told him how cold it was. He took a deep breath as he prepared himself and then ran into the water, ducking his head under once the water was deep enough. "Fuck!" he shouted, the freezing water a shock to his system. He could help but laugh, despite shivering. "Are you doing this or not?" he asked her. It was far too cold and he wasn't planning on staying in the water for very long at all. "Remember a few minutes ago when I said I'm capable of my own mistakes?" he asked, chuckling. "I'd advise against this one, but it's your choice. I just had to prove I wasn't a wimp," he admitted. He'd spread out his arms, inviting her to make a choice.

934_selena-gomez-bikini-2143438813.jpg

Alex laughed when he picked up on the challenge. She watched amused as he started to strip, her eyes lingering on his chest before he ran off towards the sea. When he turned to speak to her, Alex smirked and shrugged "sure I suppose I have to now" she shouted, a laugh to her tone as she began to take off her clothes, leaving her in only her bra and pants. Alex looked at the water as she set herself up for the cold she was about to endure. Alex let out a war cry and she ran towards the water, she didnt let the coldness on her feet stop her as she kept running and dived into the water. She resurfaced beside Conor and gave him a playful splash. "I-its freezing" she stated
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn Sullivan

large.gif

Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion
Finn laughed at Aidan's answer. He was secretly pleased that the young man had not met a nice lady yet. He still had all the time in the world to settle down. At his age, he should be hanging with friends and exploring new things. But...as a Sullivan. That's wasn't always an easy thing to do. Finn moved to top off a few customers before heading back Maggie and Aidan's way. Just in time to hear his question.

Finn laughed again, and shook his head. "Same goes for me cousin." He shrugged his shoulders. "Finding a girl who is willing to deal with a loser like me is mighty hard to do, not to mention all the baggage that already comes with being a Sullivan. I believe that when I am meant to find someone, it'll just happen at random." Finn would never admit that he felt lonely often to his cousin or sister. He would much rather keep those true feelings locked away instead of putting them out on display. He was about to speak further when he heard police sirens. His eyes widened slightly and he quickly moved from the bar to look outside. Upon opening the door to the pub, he watched about 5 cop cars and an ambulance making its way towards the direction of the pier. He looked back at Maggie nervously before deciding that whatever it was needed to be dealt with by the people in the situation itself. Finn couldn't leave to help. Conor would kill him.

Turning back around, he walked back to the bar and looked to Maggie and Aidan. "This city never sleeps huh?"​

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy bit her lip as she fought with herself internally. As much as she wanted to go and help this man before her. She knew that it would be a very foolish thing for her to do. She would only get caught again and then there would be no one to save her. Kane looked to her and told her that if she could stay out of sight, he would be able to help James. It was too good of an offer to pass up. But the next words caused her to feel incredibly guilty. Conor had told Kane that James was as good as family. And there she was not supporting Conor in his love life. She was going to bear hug that boy when she saw him next, for if he hadn't done this...things would have turned out different.

"I will stay hidden." She murmured. Lucy looked around for a moment and saw a small door in the back of the fun house. She moved towards it and tested the handle, watching as it opened. "I'll hid here, just please hurry. Once they find out I'm not with that goon anymore...." She didn't even want to think of what would happen to James if that were the case. Without another word, Lucy moved inside of the door and closed it behind her. Signaling that she would stay put.​

Conor Sullivan

0772c1738e38473e288df53c8a1dcf45--chris-hemsworth-thor-workout-chris-hemsworth-body.jpg

Conor watched as Alex stripped down to her underwear before running into the water. He couldn't help but admire her body as the her wet skin glistened beneath the moonlight. He grabbed her hands after she'd splashed him and pulled her in close. "Didn't I warn you it was cold?" he remarked. "I guess we'll just have to hug it out," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist, lifting her off her feet and pulling her in close. However, it wasn't quite as warming as he'd suggested as he suddenly ducked under the water, taking her with him. He then stood back up and lifted her back out of the water. "I couldn't resist..." he remarked. He was still shivering, not able to get used to the freezing water. "I don't know about you, but I've spent enough time in the lake now. I'm worried some parts of me could freeze and drop off," he joked. "Back to the car?" he suggested. It was in that moment he realised he couldn't even take her back to his apartment above the pub to warm up - not with half of his family in the Emerald tonight.

The Emerald

With Harry down in the cellar changing some of the barrels, Finn and Maggie were holding the fort behind the bar. Their attention would soon be drawn to the raised voices in the corner of the pub. Two groups of three men seemed to be having an argument. There was some mention of cheating in a card game which seemed to escalate into personal insults Soon enough one man punched another and the shouting got louder. It looked like things were going to getting pretty heated and some of the drunks around the pub seemed to want to get involved too...

Bellz Bellz myst.erion myst.erion Lamia Lamia
(Be as creative with the fight as you guys want....)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back