• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
bd3cabe5b120aff957f6fab90227a1f2--summer-hairstyles-best-hairstyles.jpg
Alex listened quietly as Conor spoke, the raw emotions on his face broke Alex's heart but she remained quiet until he had finished speaking. His last words were like a knife in the heart and she had to force herself not to cry, she couldnt break now, not when he was already so broken. When he slid down the wall. Alex looked at him for a second before she sat down in front of him but not too close to cause him any discomfort. She sighed deeply as she closed her eyes before opening them again to look at Conor
"Angel cornered me that morning, he had a private investigator following me who took some really good pictures of us" her tone was bitter, it was clear she still hadnt forgiven Angel for what he had done "he told me if I got you to meet me at the Deli then he'd burn all evidence and let you live" she closed her eyes again, stopping the tears from running "but if I went against him then he'd show my father the pictures and he said he'd cut your dick off before blowing your brain out through your ears" his words felt vile in her mouth but she tried not to sound too emotional as she spoke reminding herself that right now she needed to be the strong one "I panicked, you were theyre target and you wouldnt have hid so they would have gotten you regardless and you know Angel, he meant what he said so I rang the pub. I realized how stupid I had been and rang the pub back but I was too late you had already gone to the deli so I packed a bag and tried to get to the Deli but my father wouldnt let me leave the house and by then I was too late". Alex's words were filled with self hate and she found herself unable to look at Conor due to her shame "I was afraid, I was afraid what Angel would do to you and the state my father was in well I was afraid off what he'd do to me, he wasnt himself and I just ..." Alex trailed off as she made herself look at Conor. At the sight of tears Alex gently placed her hand on his arm before she realised he probably didnt want her to touch him and so she let her arm drop back onto her lap "Im so sorry, I can't imagine what you went through and are still going through so Im not going to pretend that I do but if theres anything, anything at all that would give you some relief tell me and Ill do it. I dont care if you want to punch me I deserve it" she told him. His final words still stung but she pushed through the pain willing herself not to break, when he had clearly had it so much worse "Conor I love you" she blurted out, this statement shocked Alex but she ignored it and kept speaking "I wish I could take it all back, but I did not play you or use you and I need you to know that. Now if you want me to walk away and leave you alone then tell me and thats what I'll do" she said looking him in the eye. Alex did not want to leave Conor in this state but if thats what he asked off her then she would do exactly that.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

tumblr_inline_n03crvJzpx1rg5w1l.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray

When James said he could tell that she had been smoking, her cheeks turned a bright red. She was embarrassed that she had promised him that she would quit and took it back so quickly. "It's so hard." She mumbled lightly but was glad that his tone was a teasing one. He moved on to talking about telling her parents. "I think the lies are only going to hurt them if we try." She murmured and sighed. It wasn't a sad or irritated one however. She was content. "I want them to know, I'm done sneaking around." She told him with confidence before moving to grab the pack of cigarettes that were on the counter. She still held onto him slightly as she reached for them and when she had them in her hands she held them out to him. " I know I gave you the other pack too...but I broke my promise She placed them in his hands. "And if I'm going to keep my promise, we should probably get the other 5 stashed in my room." Looking at him she knew he would be a bit upset about that, so she put on her cutest smile and hoped that he would be too upset. "Especially if we are gonna tell them tonight." She said with a wink. It was better to get it over with sooner rather than later for she never knew when something else would come up.​

James Porter

ezgif-com-crop-2-gif.345304

James listened as Lucy spoke about hurting her family more if they continued to lie. He seriously nodded his head as she said she wanted them to know. "Then we'll tell them. I'm prepared for whatever their reactions might be." James didn't believe Emmet would be overly impressed by the news and it was likely Shannon would make her thoughts more than known. He was willing to take it, though. It would be better if the truth was out, even if it might be difficult convincing her parents to approve of them.

When Lucy held the pack of cigarettes out to him, James smiled, and he grinned even more when she said there were another five packets to come. "Well, I'm not going to complain about free cigarettes. But I just want you to look after your health and if that means you can't smoke, then I'm going to make sure you don't," he assured her. Lucy then mentioned she intended on telling her parents about them tonight and that left him momentarily speechless. "Sure... At least I don't have long to worry about how they'll take the news. Maybe they'll take pity on me as I'm still injured," he said, with a wink.
Bellz Bellz

(More later)

tumblr_inline_n03crvJzpx1rg5w1l.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy didn't feel as confident in James when it came to telling her parents, mostly because she couldn't tell how they would react. Normally she could read people pretty easily but her parents were a mystery. "I'm kinda just worried about my mother really." She murmured lightly with a laugh. Knowing what James said about her mother the last time they sat down with her and told the truth. "But I promise I'll make sure it's not like the last meeting." She told him and smiled widely when he said that he would help her stop smoking.

He went speechless for a moment at the news of telling her parents tonight and she bit her lip lightly. Wondering if he wanted to wait a few days instead before giving the news. But soon he made a joke about how they might pity him for his wounds and gave her a wink. Lucy giggled lightly and rolled her eyes. "So we are going for the pity approach." She smiled and shook her head. "I can work with that." She winked back at him in return and caught lady walking towards the stairs probably wanting to lay down in Lucy's room. "Come help me find the cigarettes?" Lucy asked James lightly and didn't give him much of a choice as she kissed his cheek and took his hand lightly in her own.

Too someone who might know about them, the question could have been perceived to have more of an intimate question. But Lucy wasn't really trying to suggest something, she honestly can't remember where she hid some of the packs.​

Gangster-Squad-starring-Josh-Brolin-and-Ryan-Gosling.jpg
Angel ignited the tip of his cigarette using his chrome zippo lighter. With the flick of his wrist, he latched the top closed; distinguishing the flame. "Who isn't?" Angel asked, winking. He used the straw to re-stir the mixture of alcohol. He adjusted the sleeves of his red undershirt, keeping them tucked behind his elbows. "This shouldn't be difficult. I'm a fan of plays, we've gone out before, and she's a very likable woman. Not surprising she's related to Conor." Angel took another sip of his drink, lost in the jumbled tangents of his mind. He moved away from the straw, nodding his head. "I'm actually really looking forward to it."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano

giphy-gif.345513

Vinnie grinned as he listened to Angel speak. "Yes, I'm sure she's just as likeable as her brother," he agreed, deciding against speaking negatively about Conor, on this occasion. "Sinead is also a classy young lady, unlike most of her family," he noted. At one time he would have thought Lucy was classy, but then she kind of went and murdered his wife. When Angel mentioned he was looking forward to seeing the play with Sinead, Vinnie sat back and curiously folded his arms. "Take offence it you must, but you do realise Sinead isn't the kind of woman you're usually associated with, don't you? You might be charming, but I think you'll have a difficult job getting her into bed so easily," he remarked. "Just don't get ahead of yourself and mess this plan up," he warned. He assumed Angel was looking forward to their scheming and taking advantage of the girl, not even thinking he might genuinely like the enemy's daughter.

Enzyme Enzyme

Conor Sullivan

fa0da2e29ff7453afea05e15a9e674bf-jpg.345303

Conor's jaw tightened as Alex explained Angel's part in all of this. Of all the Romano men, he'd at least thought Angel to be semi-decent, but it turned out he was just as bad as the rest. Probably worse, to blackmail Alex and pretend to be civil with him. He looked to the floor as she continued to speak, a little distract as he thought about what to do regarding Angel. Right now he really wanted to have it out with the man, but knew he'd need to play it more carefully and when he could collect his thoughts. He then looked up to her, knowing his next question might offend her but not caring too much under the circumstances. "So if I went back to the Emerald they'd tell me you called a second time? Did you speak to Cassie?" he asked her.

Conor's eyes shot to Alex's hand as she briefly touched his shoulder. "No, you can't imagine, Alex, and I hope for your sake you never have to go through anything like that. There's nothing you can do to help me. What's done is done and there's nothing you can do to change that. Maybe I'll decide to get my own back on your father, but I won't be using you to do so."

Then, Alex told him she loved him and Conor let out a frustrated grown before letting his head drop back against the wall. "Why the fuck did you have to go and say that?" he asked, his tone sounding pained. She then continued to assure him she hadn't used him and said she would walk away if he said so. Conor was torn and that much was clear when he began to cry. "I don't know what I want. I don't want to lose you, but look what's happened? We should never have got together," he told her. He paused for a moment before quickly shaking his head. "But we did and I fell for you too. I'm supposed to tell you to fuck off right now, but I can't. I'm probably an idiot for it, but I do believe you and deep down I don't want you to go. Don't leave me here on my own," he asked her, almost pleading. All he could think about was that night, believing Lucy was going to be killed and that he almost was.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

James Porter

James laughed when Lucy made her comment about her mother. "Don't worry, Lucy. It's my ass that she'll kick, not yours," he joked. "We're definitely going for the pity approach. Unless she likes flowers? Tell me which and I'll steal some from someone's garden for her," he drily remarked. "Honestly, though. I really hope your parents understand. I'd hate to have to fight them about this, because I am serious about my feelings for you. I've never met anyone quite so amazing."

When Lucy asked him to help him find the cigarettes and took his hand, he let her begin leading him away to her room. "You know, if you're trying to have your wicked way with me, all you need to do is ask. Don't pretend you have more cigarettes going spare," he teased her. "But don't you worry. I'm good at finding things," he assured her.​

Bellz Bellz

giphy.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled widely and her cheeks turned a bright red, she rolled her eyes and laughed at what he said. "Hmmm...well its not like I haven't thought about it before." She said before winking and continuing up the stairs towards her room. Lady clumsily ran up the stairs barking excitedly. "And that's why I'm glad you haven't been in my room recently, otherwise I'm sure you would have found all of them already." She teased lightly. Opening the door to her room, she smiled again as Lady ran and jumped into her little dog bed on the floor at the foot of the bed. Lucy had thought about having her wicked way with James.

But at the moment she was sure they were both way too sore to participate in that kind of activity. When James walked into her room behind her he would find that it was impeccably clean. She had a bit of OCD when it came to organizing and cleaning so everything had a place and it was even color coded. "Okay. So I know two of them are under my mattress." She started and tried not to make eye contact with him. She was embarrassed that she had tried to hide this from him. She brought his hand up to her lips and kissed his knuckles lightly before going to grab the two packs she had mentioned.​

Surprisingly Alex wasn't offended when he asked about the pub, she hadn't expected this talk to be easy but it was certainly going better than she had could have hoped for. "Yeah you can ask and I cant remember her name but it was a girl, if that singles it down for you" she said without hesitation. Alex just nodded as he talked about his pain, there was nothing she could say to him about it as she wouldnt know how he felt nor did she even know what she could say to him. Alex was a little taken a back at his very bad reaction to her dropping the L bomb but she didnt let this show. It was too late to take it back or try to hide what she said. As he continued to speak Alex's heart yeaned for him, especially as the tears began to flow. "Id never leave you" Alex said in almost a whispear as she moved herself in between his legs, she wrapped her arms around him in a hug, fuck personal space and being careful, he needed a hug and if he didnt well he could just push her off "good luck to you if you think you could ever ditch me" she whispered in a joking tone as she held him tight

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter

James followed Lucy up to her room, quickly dodging Lady as she bombed up the stairs. He didn't want to stand on or kick the puppy. James stepped into Lucy's room with her, looking around once he was inside. Being the meticulous and controlled man he was, he certainly approved of how clean and organised everything was. "So the smokes are the only reason I haven't been in here?" he rhetorically asked, flirting. He flashed her a warm smile when she kissed his knuckles.

"I don't think it's polite for a man to start searching around a woman's bedroom," he told her. "So I'm just going to stand here and take the prizes," he cheekily explained, holding his hand out in front as if waiting for her to hand him the packs of cigarettes. But when she did mention some packs were under her mattress, he rushed to help her lift it, even if the movement strained his injuries. As much as he was trying to be a gentleman, he still couldn't help but admire her figure as she retrieved the packs from their hiding place in the bed.

Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan

When Alex told him she'd never leave him and moved in to hug him, Conor thought he should reject her right there and ask her to leave. But that wasn't what he truly wanted, not in his heart. Hesitantly, he wrapped his arms around her for a tight hug. His mother and sisters were great huggers, they'd been trying to comfort him for days. Whilst he appreciated their gestures, it wasn't the same. He'd been yearning for the kind of embrace that was more intense, more like the one he was having with Alex right now. Conor knew his family wouldn't approve and after what had happened, he couldn't blame them. But right now, he just needed to do something away from his worried family and their own troubles. "I'm not going to ditch you either," he simply assured her. As much as he tried to fight it, he was still in love with Alex. He just hoped the girl knew he wasn't going to just ignore what Vinnie had done and if that meant killing him, she'd have to deal with losing her father next. Conor would just be sure she wouldn't have to watch.

tumblr_inline_nadijiIcLc1sj0gb9.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy laughed as he told her that he thought it wasn't polite to search through a woman's room and said he'll just take the prizes. But when she went to lift up the mattress, he was by her side in an instant lifting up lightly for her. She crouched down and reached her hand under before grabbing the two packs and pulling them out. She never slept on the left side of the bed so they never got crushed. "Careful," She told him, not wanting him to strain anything. Once she grabbed the packs of cigarettes she stood up slowly and caught him staring at her. She raised an eyebrow and helped him set the mattress down. "Here you go." She said and held the packs out to him.​

Lucy looked around the room and tried to think of where she had hid the others. "Hmmmmmm, I wish I hadn't been drunk when I decided to hide them." She gave a short laugh and then decided to sit down on the bed for a second. She patted the space next to her and smiled. "Sit with me for a moment hmm?"

Alex held him close to her tightly but she was cautious of his body's sensitivity as well as she didnt want to accidently hurt him. She smiled against his neck when he said that he wouldnt ditch her either and as a response she gave him a small and gentle kiss on the part of his neck where her face was resting. She knew that very soon, something was going to happen that would mess them up again wither it was at Sullivan hands or Romano hands but being here in his arms was exactly what she needed and at this moment in time it just felt right. Alex allowed a smirk to play on her lips and she remembered where they were sitting "I say we look like two homeless druggies trying to find warmth" she commented jokingly although from looking at them it was a reasonable enough assumption to be fair as they were both a bit unkept at the minute.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter

James took the cigarettes from Lucy. "I knew there was a reason I keep coming around here to see you. It's for the free smokes," he teased her. "Honestly, I trust you. Don't worry if you can't find the rest. Just make sure you gift them to me when they do turn up."

When Lucy sat on the bed and asked him to sit next to her, James looked to her and nodded. He wasn't sure if she just needed to rest or if she wished to say something. "Are you okay, Lucy?" he asked as he Sat next to her on the bed.
Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan

Conor nodded his head when Alex said they both looked like homeless druggies. "Well, I found warmth right here," he told her, referring to their hug. Suddenly he didn't feel so numb. Holding Alex made him feel alive again and for a moment allowed him to remember he wasn't dead yet. Eventually, he brought his hand up to her head and gently stroked her hair. "How can you be sure Angel won't still tell your father about us?" he suddenly asked. Once again, his many concerns kept surfacing to the front of his mind.

"Ah, believe it or not, I don't really have any intentions to sleep with her. Not that she's unattractive, I just don't think that's the best way into a woman's heart. It's far beyond charm, Vinnie. I'd love to show you, but I can only have so many people falling in love with me." He joked, smiling at Vinnie. "Also, would you be disappointed in me if I told you what I was looking forward to is the play?" He asked, sipping his drink. "Speaking of, I better get going." He finished the drink before sending it on the bar. "I'll let you know how it goes." He patted Vinnie on the shoulder before making his way out of the hotel.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

9a7a7ec125dc650a3173d104fa89301c.jpg

"Athena, you're on in 10 minutes! Hurry up and get your little behind on stage!"
Lenny seemed to be a bit irritable today. Raising her brow, the girl glanced towards the man. Lenny was the owner of the bar. He was tall and olive-skinned with a thick Italian accent. The man was in his mid-40's but still looked good for his age. Thick raven strands lay on his head.

"I'm coming!" Athena exclaimed, zipping up the back of her black dress. The hems ending at the start of her knees.
Biting her bottom lip, she pulled black elbow high gloves onto her hands and exited the dressing room. The other bar singers backstage were giving her smug looks. Avoiding eye contact, Athena played with a strand of her curly hair. Athena was what you would call the favorite with the audience and even Lenny, the owner. Everyone loved her voice even more than others. Athena didn't like to admit it but it was the truth. The other singers were a bit jealous of that fact and didn't even try warming up to the uncomfortable girl.

Athena was only 12 when she first started singing at the bar. At first it was only for fun but as time went on, she realized that she really did enjoy and never wanted to stop. The only one who spoke to her was Delilah.
A girl with freckles scattered across her cheeks, bright red hair that reached the bottom of her neck and friendly green eyes.

"Well, don't you look cute?" Delilah greeted, grinning. "Looking like you're gonna snag a fella." She winked.
Athena looked up, rolling her chocolate brown eyes. She was blushing as she always did when the older girl teased her. "Oh please." Athena chuckled softly.

Before they could converse more, Athena 's name was called. Delilah nudged her, "Knock em' dead."

A small smile tugged at her lips before she went on stage.

She entered the stage, lit up by lights.

Athena stood in front of the microphone standing, listening the piano play. The chords progressing. Her heart beating at the speed of lightning. The young woman was always a bit nervous before performing.
Taking a breath, she starting singing the beginning of We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn, closing her eyes. Getting into the feel of the song. The song meant something more to her as she thought of her late father whilst singing.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy shrugged her shoulders when he asked if she was okay. She sometimes felt she was but like now, bad feelings just seemed to creep up on her out of nowhere. "I...haven't felt right since last week." She told him honestly. "I think I'm depressed or something." She shook her head and sighed putting her head in her hands and leaning against James lightly, making sure that she wasn't hurting him. "He really fucked me up...mentally I mean." She admitted which was hard for her. "He got what he wanted I guess...I just feel like I'm going crazy."

Her brows furrowed and she moved her head back up to look at him. "I wake up in terror every night, the same dream every time, it never changes." She shuddered. In her dreams Vinnie had slowly tortured and killed everyone she cared about as she sat there helplessly. She honestly thought that she was as good as dead that day. "I really thought he was going to kill you and Conor." She whispered heartbroken.​

Vincenzo Romano

Vinnie chuckled at Angel's response. "Well, that's a shame, Angel. I think you and I would have made a great couple," he sarcastically replied. "You go on and enjoy the play. I'm not disappointed, just remember to at least pretend to want Sinead there with you." Vinnie then gave Angel an half-assed wave before ordering himself another drink.

Sinead Sullivan

Sinead had finished her shift at the restaurant and was looking forward to her date with Angel. She felt bad lying to her family, but playing the piano and speaking with Angel made her forget about the dark cloud that followed her family. And also forget about the depression she had recently been experiencing.

After waving goodbye to her colleagues, she stepped outside and waited for Angel to swing by to pick her up.

downloadfile-1.png

Enzyme Enzyme

latest

Isaac
Sat alone at the bar, slowly rolling an empty glass of what was once beer back and forth in has hands, Isaac perked his head up at the sound of singing. He saw a dark skinned girl with curly hair on the mic singing 'We'll Meet Again' as he found himself tapping his foot along with the music. He watched as other people around him had lit up faces as they listened. Isaac guessed the singer must have been a regular, however he was a bar hopper so he would not have known.
The girl was dressed nice, black dress and gloves. Unlike Isaac who was wearing a simple green jacket and beat up denim jeans. Normally he was dressed a little nicer, but today he was not feeling it. He placed an order for another drink before turning his attention back to the singer.​

Lamia Lamia

James Porter

James listened as Lucy began to pour out her feelings to him. When she leaned against him a little, he carefully placed his arm around her shoulders. "Of course you're going to feel depressed and upset about what happened. You experienced worse than most people ever will. I won't let you go crazy, but it's going to take time for you to overcome this. Vinnie knew exactly what he was doing. The fact you're still here and still getting yourself out of bed proves you can fight this."

When she mentioned waking up from her dreams in terror, he felt sick to his stomach. He wished he could take that away from her. He knew how that felt and hard it had been to stop giving in to his own terrors. It was awfully forward, but he wished she wasn't alone at night; that he could be there to hold her when she got scared. "I think we all thought the same. But we're all still here and we're not going anywhere. I wish I could take all of your pain from you," he softly told her.

Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy nodded her head slightly and snuggled closer to him. She knew he was right, she would make it through this. She had to, living like this wasn't heathy. Lucy saw what it was doing to her brother, he was holding everything in. She would have to talk to him. He had changed and it wasn't for the better. When he mentioned wishing that he could take all her pain away, she smiled lightly and moved her lips to kiss his jawline lightly. "Oh Mr. Porter, don't you know you already started to...just by loving me the way you do." She looked into his eyes warmly and a blush crawled into her cheeks. This man made her feel like no man had before. Normally she was so collected and she knew how to handle herself in the company of a man. James was difffernet, and it may have been too soon but she could see herself being with him forever.

Lady kicked her legs in her sleep as if she was running around outside, barking slightly under her breath. Lucy looked towards the puppy. "Looks like I'm not the only one who has crazy dreams."​

James Porter

James looked to Lucy as she gently kissed his face. He knew she was an amazing woman, especially to get him to talk about his feelings and let someone see who he was behind the wall he had created. To everyone but her, he knew he needed to be serious, strong and rather silent. In Lucy's presence, he could be more human and relaxed. He sure hoped her parents would take their relationship well, because he doubted he could meet another woman who was anywhere near as good for him as Lucy was. He doubted he'd want to. He now knew was what love felt like.

James looked to Lady as the dog has some kind of doggy dream. He couldn't help but smirk at Lucy's comment. "I'm sure we'd happily swap our crazy dreams for hers. She's going to be a tough dog anyway, it's a trait that runs in this household," he told her. "We'll get Conor back, Lucy. No matter how difficult it will be." He nodded his head as he believed in his words. "We just need to remind him of the things he enjoys. Getting that piano job seems to have helped Sinead and I honestly thought she was losing herself completely."

Bellz Bellz

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled and nodded her head in agreement at James' words about both of them wanting to swap their terrible dreams for hers. That's when she noticed he admitted that he had crazy dreams too. She was curious to ask but she didn't want to intrude personally, especially since they were so fresh into this new relationship. "She's probably chasing a rabbit or something." She smiled halfheartedly. Lucy definitely knew she would be a tough dog. Lucy had been training her since she got her. She could do all the basic commands, but she wanted to teach her to be a guard dog for her and her family.

When James' spoke of Conor, she frowned slightly. Her brother was slowly losing it. And she knew exactly why. "He seems to enjoy that bitch a little too much." She grumbled. "I don't trust or like her at all and I wish Conor would know better." She murmured. "Even Sinead was being casual with one of them." the tone of her voice was one of pure hatred. "I just need him back...sure he's bigger and stronger than me and sure my father is passing the business down to him, but he is still my little brother." Lucy remembered when Alex had punched her and lifted a hand to her left eye. The darker parts of the bruises were gone by now but there was still bits of yellows, blues and greens as of that morning. "And I really don't think he would appreciate returning the favor to his girlfriend. I mean seriously." She grumbled again and then sighed heavily and moved to lay back on her bed from her seated position.

"I get it that he might be in love and that he has the right to love, but does it really have to be with that little wench." She wondered outlaid but didn't look at James. She just stared up at the ceiling. "If he doesn't make it back to the brother I knew and loved....her head will be the debt she owes this family for taking away such a wonderfully sweet and beautiful soul." When it came to her family, Lucy was very fierce in protecting them. Especially her younger siblings and family members.

Lucy shook her head softly. "It just seems like none of this will ever end...that none of us will get the normal life most people can have...."

James Porter

James raised his eyebrows as Lucy began mentioning Conor and Alex, as well as Sinead. It pissed him off that he had to be worried about Emmet and Shannon when at least he was a loyal member of the Sullivan gang. "We've always known Conor is tough, but he lets his feelings guide him too much, whether those feelings are anger or love, they can be equally dangerous." James sighed. "You have every right to return the favour to that little bitch after what she did to you. I know he's your brother and he's hurting, but he'll just have to deal with you getting back at Alex."

He watched Lucy as she laid back and looked to the ceiling, wishing to get the real Conor back. "We will get him back, Lucy. He's been through a lot in his life and always bounced back stronger than before. What happened to him last week was far worse than anything else, but that just means we've got to help him and fight to get him back. Okay?"

James wasn't sure what to say when Lucy mentioned it will never end. He wasn't sure that it would either, so he couldn't tell her otherwise. "We might not be able to find normal, but we can at least look for happiness." He remained sat on the bed but leaned over to kiss her on the cheek.

Partway through styling her hair before heading out for some drinks, Shannon couldn't find a hairpin. She was sure she'd heard Lucy go into her room a short time ago and she was sure her daughter would have what she needed. When Shannon opened the door to Lucy's room she began speaking: "Lucy, do you have-" She saw Lucy laid back on the bed and James leaning over, apparently kissing her. "Jesus Christ..." was all Shannon could manage, before stepping right back out of the room and slamming the door shut whilst she collected her thoughts.

ezgif-3-10be1b743d.gif

Bellz Bellz

tumblr_ms5hwvb1Fd1ri58ybo2_250.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy listened to James' words and knew that he was right. They would be able to get Conor back because Conor was stronger than anyone she had ever met. Sure he may have lost his way right now, but hell at least he was out of the house. She just hoped that he was being taken care of at the pub.

She also knew that she might never be able to find normal, that they might never be able to find normal. But James was right, they could at least look for happiness. "I think I already found mine." She murmured softly and smiled as he leaned in to kiss her cheek.

That's when she heard the door open and her mothers voice. "Lucy, do you have-" Lucy's heart almost stopped as she realized what this must have looked like from her mothers point of view but just before she could say anything she heard the words "Jesus Christ" and the door slamming behind her. Lucy was in shock for about 3 seconds. A thousand things running through her head and she couldn't pick on thing to focus on. Cursing to herself lightly. She kissed James' cheek before excusing herself for a moment and standing. She bit her lip nervously and moved to her door.

Opening it swiftly she looked to see her mother still standing outside her door, clearly in shock as well at what she just walked into. "Um hello mother." She murmured and her cheeks turned a bright red. The door was wide open so Shannon would be able to see James from where she stood.​

Shannon Sullivan

ezgif-3-10be1b743d-gif.345781

As soon as he heard Shannon's voice, James' heart skipped a few beats and he froze in shock for a brief moment. He then sat back up and watched as Lucy got up to follow her mother. His face by now had turned bright red and he was suddenly filled with a great sense of dread. He figured it couldn't have looked good from Shannon's point of view. With the door now open again, all James could do for the moment was look to the floor and listen.

"Oh, hello, Lucy," Shannon sarcastically replied as she folded her arms and stood tall. "What the Hell is going on? How long have you two been sneaking behind everyone's backs? I don't appreciate this kind of shit, especially after all the things that have happened. Why can't everyone here just be honest for one whole day?!" she ranted. As if completely oblivious to her own scary reputation, she thought they were lucky it hadn't been Emmet who had walked in. "Your father is going to be furious when he gets back! I'm furious, damn it!"

Bellz Bellz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back