• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy looked at her sister with shock. Her sweet little sister had never been this...pessimistic. The poor thing was being thrown into all of this and she had no control over her life anymore. Lucy was beginning to feel that way as well. But Lucy was sick and tired of being left out, and she was sick and tired of Sinead being left out. It was obviously doing more damage than good to let them both just sit in wonder.

"Sinead!" Lucy scolded her sister, now she was just talking nonsense. "Over my dead body he will." Her temper had flared for a moment and she couldn't help herself. "And don't you ever say those words again. Do you hear me? You are my sister and the only one I have. If I lose you, if this family loses you, we would be nothing okay. You are the fucking glue that holds this whole mess together. Even if he tried I would fight for you, because damnit! Its not fair for you to live your life like this and I am not going to sit by and watch your beautiful soul melt away!" Her voice raised slightly at her and after a moment of stunned silence. She sighed and shook her head.

"I'm not going to sit here and wait for them. I mean...Ladies first right?"
There was such finality in her voice that she would refuse anyone who challenge her. She was going to do it. Lucy was planning something, the wheels were turning in her head. But revenge wasn't the motive this time. This time she felt it was their only chance at coming out alive.​

2ECCBE5100000578-3333571-Glamour_girl_She_teamed_the_number_with_a_pair_of_glitzy_gold_hi-m-64_1448461199833.jpg
Being compared to Fortuna even if it was sarcastically by her father, really shook Alex to the point that she couldn't help but wonder who she had become. She didnt let this conflict show on her face and rather sat quietly again for a few more moments before realising that this conversation was more than likely not going to go in the direction she was hoping for, and even if it did she knew Monte would fill her in later on. Alex stood up rather abruptly and went up to her room changing out of her pjama's and into her high waisted gold pants and a black leather bra-let. She decided on her white heels and placed a belt around her waist to add to the effect. She ran her fingers through her hair to give it a bit more life and applied minimal makeup before looking herself over in the mirror. Alex decided that her father was right and she needed to get out of the house, she hadn't really left the house, only a handful of times, since her mother died and she knew herself she was going mad being inside these walls constantly. Happy with her appearance, Alex made her way back downstairs and walked into the lounge to grab her bag. "I have to go check the roster before the diner closes, I'm supposed to start back this week" she said to her father before turning to look at her sister. Alex's face noticeably softened as she looked at Alena, a rare sight these days. "You should go and meet up with Leo or someone, you need to get out too Laney" Alex gave her sister a hug before exiting the lounge. "Bye Fortuna, Bye Dad" she added in passing before exiting, "and dont wait up for me" she added as an after thought before walking out of the house and closing the door behind her.
It only took about 20 minutes for Alex to walk to the diner, being outside in the air made Alex feel better, she needed fresh air and to be away from her family for a little bit and so this walk was ideal and badly needed. Once in the diner, Alex made small talks with the girls and checked the roster too see that she wasn't scheduled in for two more days. Getting the information that she needed, Alex said her goodbyes and left. She had planned to go a pub and then onto a club to get intoxicated and let go for a change, however her feet had different ideas and she soon found herself to be approaching the Emerald pub. Passing the window, Alex noticed Conor standing at the bar and waited for a second before moving down the street a little. She wasnt sure if he had saw her, hell she wasnt even sure if she wanted to see him but she was here now so she decided to stay for a few moments incase Conor came out. Alex leaned against the building she was standing at and sighed looking around her. While she knew she was in a dangerous spot, she couldnt feel fear, she didnt care where she was or who might be lurking around these parts ready to get her.

Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt Ineptitude Ineptitude

After the funeral, Alena was much calmer than last week. She somehow got herself to stop crying and moping around. But she was still broken, her body was a hollow shell. Alena was right next to her sister when her father had walked in. She looked around before letting out a soft sigh. She remained silent throughout the whole conversation. But when her father had asked her about Leo, all she did was shrug before her curiosity got the best of her. Where was he? Why didn't he show his face around anymore? Could he know something that she didn't? Alena had all these questions and thoughts running through her mind. She really didn't understand Leo, not one bit. Ever since her mother passed away, she hasn't seen him at all.

Alena got up and walked to the fridge where she got out the milk carton and then she got a glass and poured herself some milk before putting the milk back. Alena walked back to where she was sitting and sat down. She only let out a slight chuckle when her father told them to get drunk or do what teenagers do.

After a while, Alena watched as Alex made an exit. She hugged her sister back before she too got up and headed upstairs.

neverbackdown neverbackdown Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan and James Porter
ebb19aed-cd45-4393-be8d-f27cb311f5e1_zpsdiksvmu4.png
zoey-deutch-1680x1050-2017-4k-7305_zpsbhhrquxl.jpg

James was quite shocked by Sinead's attitude, and he'd seen depression before. He knew she wasn't herself, but he didn't think she was so broken. He remained silent, as this was for Lucy to address.

Sinead sighed as she listened to Lucy try to reassure and encourage her. She wished she could agree with her sister and keep wearing a positive mask, but her eyes had been opened recently. She glanced to James and then in the direction of her father's office, shaking her head.

"We have each other, Lucy, but this family is already nothing," she announced. "When was the last time Luca and James stayed for dinner or hung out with Conor? Carrick doesn't like me and I can see he's not much keen on daddy. Our mother is making an effort, but she's always been distant with me." Sinead's eyes were red raw by this point. "When I first had to move back in here I didn't want to, but then I saw there was hope. This house was full of life with dad, mum, all of us siblings, Luca and James. Then, something bad happened and everything falls apart. The Romanos are going to win this war because everyone's too stubborn. It's easier to just let it happen quickly. I can't take these nigthmares any longer."

"Don't talk like that, Sinead. We're sorting it..." James began.

"No you're not. You and dad are avoiding each other because neither of you know how to talk about your issues together. People think I'm a child, but you two need to grow up too!"

"I'll talk to Emmet later..." James flatly replied. He knew he would have to face the music at some point. But, right now he was more worried about Sinead. Perhaps she just needed to get this shit off her chest, but it seems deeper than that.

"So, what are you going to do, Lucy?" she pointedly asked her sister.
Bellz Bellz

(More replies later...)​

Last edited:
"Goodbye, darling." Fortuna gave Alex a wave of goodbye, flashing her a radiant smile as she disappeared from her line of sight. The hitwoman knew very well how unlikely it was that Alex would do as she had said in that sort of situation. She was much too kind-hearted at the moment for such cruelty. Though, she certainly had the potential for it, especially if she was able to come up with such ideas. She momentarily pondered on whether that was a good sign or not. Nodding thoughtfully after a few moments, Fortuna turned her head back towards Vinnie, and beamed lightly. "Shall I assume that you're going to be taking up the reins again tomorrow, sir?" She inquired, adressing him respectfully as always.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Emerald Pub

Conor Sullivan

0fb47deaccfcea639d9fd1c98e9fd022_zpst3s79qam.jpg
Untitled.png
Conor had been in the back room of the pub for the last thirty minutes, talking to the huge man opposite him. The Sullivan lad had always been proud of his own muscles, but this guy made him feel tiny in comparison. "Leave it with me, Kane," he said, placing the telephone number into his wallet. "I know exactly where to get you a frequent supply of the drugs and it's a better price than the shit the Romanos have access to." Conor had steered clear of getting involved in drugs rackets for as long as he could, but the man standing opposite him was offering him some of his own soldiers to protect the Sullivans. "But, as I said, I don't get the final say on this. I need to speak with the boss and ultimately it's his decision," he said, referring to his father. Conor wasn't sure what his father would think about the opportunity, but he just knew they had to explore all avenues.

Once the man had left the pub, Conor returned to the bar and poured himself a pint. As he watched the front of the pub to see who was entering, he noticed that familiar face briefly looking into the pub from out on the street. He hadn't expected to see Alex around the Emerald after what had happened and he was certainly surprised if she was going to be waiting at their little meeting point. Part of him knew it was best to just stay where he was and let her go, but he had to know how she was. He instinctively checked to make sure he had his gun on him and then made his way outside. It wasn't that he didn't trust Alex, but he didn't trust what grief could do, nor did he trust her family.

Conor saw Alex a short distance away and approached her, closely paying attention to everything around him and making sure she had come alone. "I didn't expect to see you around here again," he told Alex, his voice neutral. "How are you holding up?" he asked, his voice softening.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

Kate Henderson
tumblr_inline_mnp8klwhBM1qz4rgp_zpsnxb8iuei.gif

Kate had seen Luca enter the pub and head straight to a stool at the other end of the bar. She ordered another glass of wine before taking it with her and approaching the man. "Long time no see," she said, hopping up into the stool next to him. "Where have you been, stranger?" she curiously asked him. She supposed he'd been where most had lately - laying low. All she knew, was that she had a big decision to make. She loved drinking in this pub, she liked Luca, and the Sullivans were generally good people who she liked to be around. Vinnie was too intense and not the same man she had befriended those years ago. She didn't doubt he would punish her for turning her back on him.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Last edited:
2ECCBE5100000578-3333571-Glamour_girl_She_teamed_the_number_with_a_pair_of_glitzy_gold_hi-m-64_1448461199833.jpg
Alex heard footsteps approaching in her direction but didn't check to see who they belonged to. She guessed it was Conor and if it wasn't, well she'd deal with that if it happened. Upon hearing the familiar voice, Alex looked up to see Conor standing in front of her, she tried to fake emotions, however she felt there was no point in doing so as it would be too much of an effort and then she would just be fake so she gave up on this idea rather quickly. When he commented on her being around these parts Alex mearly shrugged "I needed to get out of the house and decided to pass by on my way to a club" she explained simply, she had a slight smirk playing on her lips when she said this, however any ghost of the smirk vanished when he asked how she was. Alex pursed her lips for a second while looking at Conor. "I've been better" Alex's voice was calm and her face was blank, if read right, one would be able to tell that she felt as numb as she looked.
Her face remained in the cold yet calm expression which it had adapted as natural over the last few weeks as she looked at Conor "have you any plans for tonight?" She asked him.
Although she was in a dangerous side of town, Alex did not look around once, she didn't care who could see her nor who could be looking for her.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Olivia Svensson

Untitled_zpslolzlbma.png

Olivia accepted Monte's arm and walked into the restaurant with him. There was an elegance to the way she walked, like she was a million dollars. The truth was, she'd had a lot of practice by now. She'd accompanied many men on business meetings, under similar circumstance to tonight's meeting. There were a lot of sleazy men working for Vinnie, but she had to admire Mr. Romano for his chivalry. One of Vinnie's men once overstepped his boundaries with her and the boss taught him a painful lesson. Thankfully, she didn't consider Monte a sleazy man. In fact, he was quite the handsome young man.

Olivia gracefully took her seat before Monte. She looked to the waitress, keeping her face straight, almost like the woman serving them was beneath her. She then looked to Monte as he placed his arm around her waist. "You know..." she began, looking back to the waitress as she thought over what she wanted to drink. "I haven't had one of those in a while. I'll have a margarita too." She then cast her mind back to Monte's arm around her waist and shuffled a little closer. Not one to let him have all the fun, she placed her hand on his lower thigh. "Thank you, dearest," she said into his ear, once the waitress had turned away. In her eyes, he could be as sleazy as he wanted and she wouldn't even mind.

When Eleanor and Hans arrived at the table, Olivia sent them both a friendly smile. She liked Eleanor and was glad to have her join them at this time. She observed as Hans spoke with Monte. Luckily, it was her job to sit looking pretty and indifferent to their conversation. Hans' accent did nothing to detract from what she thought she knew of him. She had a few Polish relatives on her mother's side of the family and her mother never saw those people again once the war had started. But that conflict had ended and she no longer saw her parents. Chicago had its own war now and she was potentially on the same side as the German man sat at the same table. There was no time to dwell on the past. Her face remained neutrally pleasant as he spoke.

Foxy Foxy ReverseTex ReverseTex

Vincenzo Romano
d475600aef936767785ca58d846fc3e0_zpss87ezio5.jpg
Vinnie looked up to Alex as she returned downstairs dressed up in an outfit he didn't find tasteful. Unlike the father she'd known, he had no intention of telling her how he felt about her revealing choice of clothing. When she told him she was going to check the roster, he just shook his head. That was either a lie or only half of the truth. Nobody gets dressed up to go check rosters. Besides which, he'd told her to go out, so there was no need for her to be selective with the truth. He'd told Alena to go out too. The girls never appreciated his concern for their safety before, so he figured it was useless trying anymore. That's what he told himself. The truth was, when he looked at his daughters, they reminded him of Gianna and right now he found that distracting.

Once Alex had gone, Vinnie focused on what she had said to Alena. Before his youngest daughter had chance to get completely upstairs, Vinnie shouted her name. He rushed to the bottom of the stairs. "Alena, listen to your sister and go out. Have one of my men drive you to the Fox's Den. That's where Leo is drinking when he's not working." He frowned as he found himself having to put himself in Leo's shoes. "You know he blames himself, don't you? He thinks it was his lack of security that let the Sullivans get into the hotel. I don't have the time nor the patience to reassure him that he's not to blame." He groaned. "But that's why you haven't seen the guy - he thinks you'll blame him."

Vinnie returned his attention to Fortuna and returned her smile, his being something of a twisted one. "Yes, Fortuna. It will be business as usual tomorrow. We can't have our employees growing restless now, can we?" His smile grew wider as he thought of his next words. "I think the Sullivans are overdue a message too. Something subtle but enough of an impact to set them on edge. What do you think?" he asked.

sprouhtt sprouhtt Ineptitude Ineptitude

Conor Sullivan

When Conor looked at Alex's eyes and face, he felt there was nothing there. This wasn't the girl he knew and he wasn't sure if she ever would be now. He nodded his head when she told him she'd been better, but there was little emotion on his face either, just sad curiosity. He didn't know the person standing opposite him. However, that was something she couldn't take personally. Since that night, he felt like he didn't know Emmet, his sisters or James either. Many of the people he cared for seemed defeated and lost.

"Plans? Not really. Just working..." he said, glancing back to the pub. The pub was his escape these days. The drinkers were indifferent to Conor's troubles and generally happy to be getting drunk in his establishment. Surrounding himself with so much life was relaxing for him. "How about you? You look like you're dressed for a night out," he noted.

Alex watched Conor as he spoke. She had visioned the moment she would see him again over and over in her head the last few weeks and she wasnt sure how it would pan out. She was surprised at the fact that she didn't feel angry with him, rather she felt like this is where she needed to be, to be with him. Alex knew deep down she still cared for Conor and she hoped he still cared for her too. She noticed that there was something different about him but she couldnt really place what it was, she felt like it was something deeper than the fact that he wasnt smiling like he usually was when she saw him, but then again neither was she. Alex looked back towards the bar when he mentioned working and she nodded biting her bottom lip in habit. "I was planning on going out and getting intoxicated if you care to join" she offered a slight smirk appearing on her lips "ending up in bed tonight with you, seems like a better end to the night than whats originally planned" her tone revealed a slight teasing and playful tone, a tone which used to dominate Alex's voice before. Alex pursed her lips after she said it, the words had just fallen out of her mouth and now she was a little embarrassed that it had been said out loud , not that her embarrasement was obvious.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Monte Romano

original.gif

“Pleased to meet you.” Monte had met many men in his time, and while he wasn’t actually too pleased to meet Hans, he had to admit to himself the man sparked his curiosity. His body language and mannerisms screamed he was a military man, which Monte wasn’t sure he appreciated or not. He considered asking, but quickly decided against it, figuring it was a topic best left alone. As Hans mentioned the family operation, he nodded.

“We run a tight ship.” Monte said shortly. Lately things had been chaotic, and though he would never admit it, he preferred having himself and Fortuna at the reins rather than his father. As he spoke, he became increasingly aware of Olivia, who, while playing her role perfectly, seemed to be bored. Playing dumb took little effort after all. Tapping his forefinger against his temple, Monte frowned in thought, returning to his previous thoughts.

“I can’t say I have.” He admitted, shrugging his shoulders. “Much of my business is here at home, and I pay little heed to things that don’t concern me.”

He didn’t mean it in a rude way, though Monte was sure it probably came off that way. It was true though. Immersing himself in irrelevant matters just divided his dedication to the family. Leaning forward to look at Hans, he cocked his head slowly.

“Care to inform me, Mr. Kopeka?”

ReverseTex ReverseTex Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

When Alex invited him to join her out getting drunk and then followed it with a bold suggestion, he was a little shocked. Of course he cared for her and was physically attracted to her. He'd wanted to get her into his bed weeks ago. However, something didn't settle well with him. It didn't feel right. Was he being paranoid? Given the circumstances, he felt it was perfectly reasonable to be suspicious and uncomfortable. "Alex, you don't know how much I want to take you up on both of those suggestions..." he began, managing his boyish smile for a brief moment. "The trouble between out families is the worst it's been, Alex. Whilst I don't believe you would betray me or lure me into a trap... voluntarily... I know your family wants Sullivan blood. I can't relax with that hanging over my head." He sighed. "And you. How can you still want to be anywhere near me after what I was part of? Have you really thought about this - about us? I won't do anything that looks like I'm taking advantage of you at a time like this."

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy continued to listen to her sister as she just spilled everything out to the two of them. It was heartbreaking to hear that this was what Sinead thought of the family at this moment and although Lucy had a similar thought process, she had to remain the strong one. Especially for her younger sister's sake. It seemed as though she was over-thinking and it was going to drive her insane if she didn't slow down and relax.

"That's not important right now, Sin. I'll include you when I know for sure." She walked forward and placed a hand on her sister's shoulder. "We are going out soon, get dressed and ready for the evening because I am not going to take no for an answer, even if that means standing in the backyard with a bottle of wine we are still going to have a good time." Lucy smiled softly to her sister, trying to be reassuring.

"I'll talk to father later when he has some free time...okay? Just don't worry about anything else right now, because I think you have a gray hair and that is not natural for a young lady. So unless you want me to start calling you Granny, I suggest you listen to me and go get ready." She said trying to lightly her mood now. She loved her sister very much, and to see her so upset was killing her. Mom and Dad were too self involved with what was going on and they all needed to sit down with everyone (including his staff and talk out what happened.)​

selena-gomez-cuc-xinh-dep-goi-cam-trong-bo-anh-moi-hinh-anh-5918-456.jpg
Alex bit her lip as she listened to what Conor said, running her hand through her hair a little awkwardly as she waited for him to finish speaking. Alex nodded to ensure him that she took in everything that he was saying to her. For once Alex was at a slight loss of words and it took her a few moments before she could reply to him, but she remained composed as she stood straight, looking him in the eyes "I wouldnt be here if I hadnt thought about it, about us, I've spent weeks, stuck in my house thinking about everything and anything" she explained to him, trying to put some emotion into her voice and luckily succeeding even if it was only slightly. She looked him over for a moment, a slight smile tugging at her mouth as she took him in. She didn't know why but this felt like the end for them. She hoped that it wasn't and she didn't want to give up on them but it takes two to make it work and she just felt that Conor wasnt up for it anymore. She prayed that she was wrong but she knew there was no point in bringing it up now nor did she know how too. "I understand" she said simply, the smile fading from her lips, a sad glint appeared in her eyes for only a second before it was hidden again beneath a cool exterior. "Well it was nice to see you again" Sincerity rang through her voice before Alex gave him a final smile and turned away. She began walking slowly up the street , she regretted what she had said, replaying it in her mind as she walke. She was aware of Conor still stbading behind her and regardless of how much she wanted to, she didn't allow herself to look back.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

cat-hohenzollern.regular.png

tumblr_mvre1iSda21rv8b97o1_500.gif

Monte's words were quick and decisive, it was apparent he was trying to emulate his father, he didn't need to meet the man to realize that. Taking a sip of his drink, carefully setting it down as his eyes scanned the restaurant once more. But Monte's words once again drew him in to conversation.

"Well of course, you appear to be a busy man. With this brewing turf war, and might I add it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, you'd be especially busy." But per usual, Hans drew his buisness in. Curiousity always prevailed. Leisurely leaning back into his seat, Hans spoke fruitfully. "Well I was known as the Jew Hunter during the War, my skills of deduction are quite superior if I must brag. My ability to think like both a Jew, and German, and my special skillset propelled me to great reconigtion. I also commanded a large portion of what you Americans call the storm troopers. And handled security for the Füerher for events."

Foxy Foxy Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:

Sinead Sullivan

Zoey_Deutch_JJPortraits_3.jpg
Sinead looked down to Lucy's hand as she placed it on her shoulder. She let out a deep sigh before looking to Lucy's face. "Where are we going?" she asked, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "I haven't been out in ages," she noted. "Yes, okay... You need to talk to dad soon." she agreed. She felt exhausted. Getting all of those things off her chest had now left her a little speechless. That was until Lucy mentioned her hair and Sinead's eyes opened wide. "I do not have a grey hair! You're older so you'll be grey first," she said, pulling some hair in front of her eyes and inspecting it. "Seriously, Lucy. My hair is not grey," she said, pretend sulking but clearly not taking it to heart.

As Sinead rushed upstairs to get ready, James couldn't help but smirk to himself. "Are you sure going out is a good idea? I hope you have somewhere safe in mind," he mentioned. He almost kicked himself as he realised he was probably sounding like an old man. After some time, Sinead returned downstairs, dressed in a short white dress and high heels. That was the Sinead James was used to seeing, always looking like a living doll. "Your legs are going to be freezing out there," he teased her.

"Erm. Shut it, old man," Sinead remarked. She then looked to Lucy and shrugged her shoulders. "No grey hairs, I think you will find," she remarked. She had to joke about it to distract her mind from wandering back to more serious thoughts. She was scared of going out after what had happened the last two times she'd been in the Jazz Club.

Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan
Conor looked to the floor as Alex turned to walk away. He knew this was the sensible thing to do, for both of them. They would only end up being ripped apart if the war between their families escalated. Regardless, he didn't want her to go and he hated to think this was the end. Perhaps he could take her up on the offer just for tonight, to see how things felt. Maybe it was just the time apart and the circumstances that had put this wedge between them. "Alex!" he called back to her, stopping himself from getting upset. "How about drinks in my apartment?" he suggested, looking back to the studio above the pub. "Drinks and whatever else takes our fancy?" he suggested, managing to crack a smile.

As Alex walked she felt her emotions began to creep on her and she did her best to push it back down, she couldn't break, Not here! As she focused on suppressing everything she distantly thought she heard her name, she thought it was her hopeful mind playing tricks on her until she realized that she could hear footsteps. Alex turned around to see Conor closer to her, she raised an eyebrow in slight confusion since he had already turned her down and she didnt understand why he had called her. As he spoke, a smile found its way onto Alex's face, it was an evidently genuine smile as she made her way back towards him, relief flooding over her that there was still hope for them. "I'd like that" she said "once your sure thats what you want?" She didnt want him to be inviting her up out of pity.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy laughed at her sisters reaction, doubling over slightly at how dramatic she was. Watching her walk up the stairs, her eyebrow raised at James' words before turning and smiling at him wickedly. "Well we will have you with us. So almost anywhere would be safe.Would you be able to drive us?" She remarked lightly before moving to grab her black coat that was hanging on the coat rack. "But since you ask, old man," She teased and paused for a moment as she shrugged on her coat. "There is a club opening tonight in the next city over and I think it would be something she would enjoy...its time for her to get over her fears and start living again." She informed him before her sister came down the stairs.

Lucy clapped her hands excitingly and took in her younger sisters appearance with approval. "Oh darling you do not have any grey's..You look wonderful! This dress is my absolute favorite on you! And those shoes! If I didn't have a man's foot I would steal those." She spoke teasingly before swatting James' playfully.

"It pains to be beautiful hon, these are the sacrifices some women are happy to make." She scolded lightly before looking between the two of them. Lady had gone off into the other room to sleep on her bed and Lucy knew she would be fine while she was gone. "Are we ready then?"​

Sinead Sullivan and James Porter
72d55c464672aa9663b4b726951e4792--stephen-amell-green-arrow.jpg tumblr_inline_n15oqdGutH1rk53jl.png

James instantly groaned when Lucy told him he'd be going out with them. He had to wonder when he wouldn't be in an awkward position. He was either going to go with them or they would no doubt go without him. He knew which he thought was the safer option. "Yeah, I'll drive you," he gave in. "But David is coming too," he added, referring to another of Emmet's men. "You're right, Sinead has to get out for a bit before she becomes a different kind of worry for your family."

Sinead brightly smiled when Lucy complimented her outfit. "You don't have man feet. I bet you have lots of nice shoes," Sinead reassured Lucy.

To this conversation, James mockingly rolled his eyes and groaned. "David is definitely coming along. I'm not listening to you talk about shoes all night." He then smiled. "You two don't need to make an effort to look beautiful," he added.

"Yes, we're ready," Sinead said.

Just as James was about to open the door, Shannon stepped out of the lounge. "Going somewhere?" she asked. She wasn't going to stop them as she knew they couldn't stay locked up forever and she couldn't cope seeing Sinead so upset all the time. She just wanted to know exactly where they would be. James made a point of assuring her David would be there too. "Well, make sure you all stay together and if anything looks untoward, you come straight back. I'm telling you," she sternly ordered all three of them. "I want everyone in this house together in the morning. This atmosphere has to change before I start getting grey hairs," she said, having heard Sinead's earlier high-pitched protests about her own hair.

Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan
When Alex turned back to him and a smile made its way onto her face, it gave him a little hope. Perhaps the girl he liked was still in there somewhere and he would just need to coax her back out. One thing for sure, is they were going to his apartment where he was certain they were safe and alone. He had to shake the feeling he was being watched. "I'm not sure it's right, but it's what I want right now," he assured her. "Come on," he said, flashing a smile and placing his hand on her shoulder to lead her up to his place.

Once inside, he motioned to the bottles on the kitchen counter. "You know the drill by now," he said, as she'd already drank in his personal bar. "Unless you want to skip drinks," he deviously remarked. They were both adult and whilst being together was dangerous, he couldn't help but feel they just needed this time with each other.

Last edited:
Fortuna's smile grew wider, her eyes notably lighting up. "That sounds like a lovely idea, sir." She readily agreed, but didn't dare to add anything else to her statement. It's likely that Vinnie had already come up with a tactic. Though, if the man asked for any of her ideas, she wouldn't hesitate to share them with him. While such techniques aren't exactly her forte, that doesn't mean that she didn't have any skill concerning it. After all, do you know what it is that truly intimidates the people around you? It's being the nicest, most charming person you can be. And as far as she is aware, it's one of the best possible methods.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano

d475600aef936767785ca58d846fc3e0_zpss87ezio5.jpg

Vinnie smiled at Fortuna. "As always, you've managed to keep things running, alongside Monte. So you know any suggestions you might have will always be met with my full consideration," he told her. "I'm sure I can trust you to deal with some of Sullivan's men in the ways you know best. Seeing James Porter following your intervention that night was a small help when I needed it," he noted, with a smirk. "Emmet and his family, along with Luca, James and their other closest associates need to be dealt with in a more personal fashion. I trust you to work with me on that one. I hope others will respect my decision as final too," he added, thinking of Monte and potentially Alex. "The cops won't have grown complacent enough in the short space of a few weeks, so I don't doubt they are still paying very close attention to us right now. We need to ensure our actions don't gain public attention."

Ineptitude Ineptitude

The smile remained on Alex's face as she climbed the metal stairs up into the familiar apartment. She guessed being here was a much better idea than going out, she knew theyd be safe and unseen up here. It was also a plus that they would be in private as well. Alex turned to look at the drinks that he motioned at and considered which drink she would go to but stopped when she heard his next comment. Alex turned to him a smirk playing on her lips as she took a step forward so she was flush with his chest. "We can always have drinks after" she suggested as she ran her hand up his chest "unless you feel like you might need the courage before" she teased him a slight seductive tone present in her voice
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan
As he watched Alex considering the drinks, Conor briefly felt a sense of guilt for what he was doing. If any of his family found out about him and Alex, he knew they would be furious with him. He was deeply loyal to his family and was determined to do everything he could to protect them against the Romanos. But standing in the room with him was his one flaw against his family. He hated how he couldn't let her go and fight this. Right now, though, he didn't want to worry about the future - he just wanted to feel human.

Conor looked down at Alex as she ran her hand along his chest. "Sweetheart, I'm full of courage, don't you worry about that," he flirtatiously assured her. "I'm not sure about you though!" he teased. He then placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her in closer so he could kiss her. For now, he was pushing any thoughts and concerns out of his head. He pulled away before taking hold of her hand and leading her to his bedroom.

[[Fade to black, I reckon...]]

When Luca had ordered and it arrived, he had rake out a couple of piece of paper that he started to read and nodding every once in a while, before placing them back in his coat. He closed his eyes as he drink and started to think about what he had been doing the last few days, mostly being out of Chicago and helping the Sullivan business work rise outside of just their area. He had been thinking too much, because he didn't see arrive someone sit on the stool next to him. He was startled when someone spoke to him before smiling a little bit when seeing that it was Kate that had spoken to him. "Hello beautiful." He said while standing up before giving her a small Peck on the cheeks before sitting back down. When she questioned where he had been, Luca raised an eyebrow before answering. "I been outside of Chicago for the last couple of days, dealing with business and all those things." It was three days after the death of Vinnie wife, that Luca had decided to venture outside of Chicago for a little bit, mostly because there was some business that Emmett had needed accomplished, before he had gone on a bars to drink every once in a while, it wasn't exactly until yesterday that he had arrived. Sure he needed to tell them the results but right now, it could wait.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

0b0e920924df436ec4f1c22593de3392--selena-gomez-video-gemini.jpg
Alex rolled over placing her head onto Conor's chest as she looked up at him a smile placed on her face "well that was worth the wait" she said still a little breathless. She then patted his chest lightly in a congratulatory way, a smirk playing on her lips "well done" she teased with a laugh. She cuddled into him for a few minutes before standing up and putting on her underwear, grabbing a white shirt that she found on the floor before making her way into the bathroom to freshen up and go toilet. Once out of the bathroom, Alex made her way over to Conor and sat on the edge of the bed "So is this the part where im supposed to leave or do you want a drink?" She questioned a little innocently, usually if she got with someone she left the next morning before they woke, this was a different story, it wasnt some stranger that she was with and it wasnt morning. Alex realised in that moment she didnt want to return home, being here she felt more at ease but she knew this would be short lived and eventually she would have to return to her house.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back