• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy listened to both James and Sinead and she found herself becoming angry with her younger sister as well. It was absolutely foolish of her to take such a job and continue on with it after finding out what the even was for. But in her defense, she also made an extremely good point. She looked around the room and saw the same anger in everyone's eyes. The poor girl had no one to aid her. And Lucy felt as though she needed to help her. And she needed to help herself. It wasn't fair that the girls were left out of plans.

Downing the rest of her wine, she gently set the glass on the side table a few feet in front of her and cleared her throat slightly. "Now I am not saying what Sinead did was right in anyway, and from what I am gathering here..."She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair, that was starting to naturally curl from the rain as it dried. "I think a constructive way to fix this mess is to inform us of your plans." Although Lucy was well informed of tonights plan's but her little sister was left in the dark and it almost got her killed.

"We have our own lives and careers now too Daddy." Lucy looked towards her father as she pushed herself away from the doorway and walked to stand behind one of the couches, crossing her arms across her chest. "You can't keep us in the dark like this...and Sinead, you can't keep pretending that this shit doesn't exist. Because it does, and if we don't start working together as a family, we are all going to end up 6 feet under!" She had gotten a little louder than she intended, so she bit her lip and shook her head.

Her patience on this matter was wearing very very thin and she knew that there was more evidence in her favor, but her family was stubborn about the matter. It was this stubbornness that was going to get them all killed. At this point, she didn't care what anyone thought of her and what she had to say, Monte's threat was enough to show her that things needed to change.​

Vincenzo Romano and Detective Edwards

"No, I've asked all I need to, for now," Edwards told Xin when asked if he had more questions.

"Thank you," Vinnie said, standing up straight. "I'll be sure to be in touch should I remember anything else that will help catch the coward," he told Xin. He then placed his arm around Alex's shoulder and began leading her out of the hotel. As he passed Leo, he told the young man not to hang around too late and to let the night team clear up once the cops were done.

Once outside, Vinnie flagged down a cab to take him and Alex home. As they sat in the back of the car, he looked to his daughter and decided to avoid mentioning Gianna for now, to avoid getting upset again when he knew he had to be strong in front of his family. "Did the Detective give you any trouble?" he instead asked her. He knew all too well what an arsehole Edwards could be.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

*************​
"His daughter couldn't tell me anything of use either," Edwards disappointedly told Xin. "Mental state or not, I suspect that's the best you'll get out of the Romanos," he bitterly noted. When the sergeant mentioned guests lists, Edwards nodded. "I'll have him get us copies of both lists before we leave," he said, pointing to Leo. James had already covered the residents part by having some friends check in to the hotel under false names.

When the three people by the side door were brought up, he shook his head. "They got inside before I could stop them and the door wouldn't open from the outside. When I got inside here, I did send some officers to search for them but they've not been able to find anyone." The detective couldn't be sure if they were Romanos, the family's enemies or anyone else. There had been too many people wandering the hotel and its perimeter, most of which clearly innocent guests or intrigued onlookers.

Trignome Trignome

giphy.gif

As soon as Alex stepped outside the hotel and away from the prying eyes of detectives and cops, Alex's face contorted back to that of a numb yet almost cold expression. Alex wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks and she got into the cab her father had hailed down.
Alex sat staring out the window, expecting it to be a quiet drive but it seemed her father had a different idea as he spoke up "No Detective Edwards was a nice as could be I suppose" she said with a shrug "not that id give him any useful information, if I had any" she said with a sigh as she leaned back in the chair. Alex wished she could tell her father what she knew, about Conor about being held back, how it was Sullivans, she felt bad lying to him but she had a feeling that her father already knew who was behind it.
"I know its a stupid question but are you ok?" She asked her father, when the silence of the car started to get to her.​
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano

eye-candy-josh-brolin-4-jpg.332446

Vinnie could have had any one of his men from the hotel drive him and Alex home, but the less time he spent showing weakness to his gang members, the better. Being in a vehicle with a stranger driving meant he didn't have to put on a cold, hard expression. Vinnie nodded as Alex spoke about Edwards. "That's good to hear. I have no doubt that man will use this situation against our family more than he will care to arrest your mother's killer," he told her. He figured he didn't need to tell Alex again not to tell the cops anything, especially as she seemed to have taken that on board when she was answering Edwards.

When Alex asked him if he was okay, he nodded his head. "I will be..." he began, looking out of the car window for a moment. "We're going to spend the next couple of weeks as a family and get the funeral done with. Like a normal family," he emphasised. "Fortuna and Angel can oversee business during that time," he said, his voice now lowered so only Alex could hear him. "Until Gianna is buried, we do nothing other than be a family and be respectful of your mother's memory. No revenge or retaliation until I say." He folded his arms as his face took on a colder expression. "When our minds are clear, the Sullivans will truly suffer. Every last one of them and those associated."

neverbackdown neverbackdown

giphy.gif

Alex turned slightly in her seat to look at her father while he spoke. "I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case either" she agreed with him. From a young age Alex had basically learned to not like or trust law officials such as cops, detectives and the sort. She herself had no real time for them, however in saying that she would still be civil and almost friendly if one was to approach her.
Alex listened careful to what he said and nodded in agreement "and then its open season on them " she muttered in somewhat of a malicious tone, she wanted them to pay, she wanted them to suffer. What the Sullivan's had done was unforgivable and unforgettable. Alex knew in her heart that she would do whatever she could to protect Conor from the same fate as his family, however she was also afraid that this revenge was going to tear them apart. As the car began to slow as they approached the house, Alex snapped out off her thoughts and looked towards her house. She was scared to walk in them doors and not hear or see her mother. She was scared about how different the house would feel now but at the same time, she wondered with how numb she felt now would going into the house even affect her at all. "I hope Monte was... well I hope Monte wasn't Monte to Alena" she said in passing to her father "she was a mess when I saw her last" Alex didn't mean this statement in a malicious way however the monotone may have made her sound very cold but also quite withdrawn.​
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Emmet Sullivan
86928c392fd81ad8a3429f5967da7d8d--gerard-butler-the-butler.jpg

As James spoke, Emmet couldn’t help but feel his gut roil with fury. Things had gone wrong. He hated when things went wrong, and blamed himself for not being there. Of course, he’d never admit that. A family head who was hesitant or reluctant in his decisions was a weak one. He watched Sinead as she spoke, trying to stay angry. He couldn’t help but feel remorse for her. His daughter was doing her best, and while he was furious that she’d done what she had done, Emmet couldn’t stay mad at her for long, and never could. Lucy finally spoke, and when she’d finished, Emmet sighed, a long drawn out sigh that helped him collect his thoughts.

“I understand.” He said slowly, looking at both his daughters. “In the future I’ll let you guys know, though I’m not sure I’m ok with my little girls being involved quite yet.”

Turning to look at everyone, he clenched and unclenched his fists.

“We all need to be on high alert. The Romano’s are most certainly going to plot a counter attack. I don’t want to be a sitting duck, however. We can speak about it later, you all need rest,” Emmet gave a pointed look at James, “and I’ll be talking to you all eventually.”

Not caring if they had any more to say, Emmet stalked off, mind already immersed in a thousand plans. The thing that bothered him most though, was that despite everything, Emmet felt pity for Vinnie. It was a feeling he’d never had before, though it only stemmed from the fact Emmet knew how furious he would be should Shannon suffer the same fate as Gianna. He sought out his wife, embracing her in a silent hug. He’d not punished anyone, though he knew some sort of punishment was in order. He had to put the foot down on his family, lest they get out of control and do something stupid.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Bellz Bellz

Monte Romano
original.gif

Monte sighed as Alena spoke, turning away to hang up his jacket before staring at her for some period of time. His eyes flickered over his sister, and everything in how she just stood there cried grief and pain. It was never his intention to hurt his family, no matter how distant he could be from them.

Walking up to Lena, he gave a grim smile, rubbing her shoulders for the briefest of moments.

“Lena, I’m serious. If you need anything, ask me. You are blood, and I want to keep you happy.” Turning away from his sister, Monte nodded at her. “I do love you, sorellina. I will make them pay for your pain – our whole family’s”
Monte didn’t wait for a reply, instead turning heel to go and find alcohol. It would be a long night, and a long next couple weeks. He could only hope Alena got the idea. He wasn’t good with emotions, and so he struggled to sound sincere when talking to her and others. It was really, a sort of regret from him. He’d always been fairly distant from his family and while he loved them, he’d always made a point to keep them an arms length away, so to speak. As the son of Vinnie, Monte often fell into a position with his father as a businessman, not so much a son.

Eleanor Ware
kristen-bell-505-2.jpg

“German, hm?” Eleanor said thoughtfully, pulling a cigarette from her bag, igniting it away from Hans, and letting it sit in the hand opposite the man, lazy smoke curling towards the floor. She laughed softly as he spoke about math, yawning a bit. “Sometimes my employers prefer the use of meters. Seeing as my boss came from Europe.”

Eleanor took a long drag from her cigarette, tilting her head back and slowly letting the smoke escape her lips. Smirking to herself, she looked again at Hans, deep in thought.

“I’ve been in Chicago just about my whole life, and it does snow quite a bit on occasion.” Eleanor laughed, a soft, lilting noise before crossing her legs and taking another drag. “What brings you to Chicago, Mr. Kopeka?”

Genuine interest now, as to why a man like himself had migrated here to Chicago.
ReverseTex ReverseTex

cat-hohenzollern.regular.png

59d40723ee4b018c45ba.png

Following suit to Eleanor, Hans pulled out his cigarette case, making sure to place his thumb over the swastika engraved on the front, and pulled a cigarette out. He carefully lit it, taking a drag before answering her question. "A assosicate of mine in New York recommended me to come here, told me it was tamer than his city. So, I took his advice." Taking another slow drag, he continued. "But as we both know my side did not win the war, but here I am in the very country I fought against. Ironic isn't it?"

Giving a light shrug as he thought aloud, Hans quickly shoved his cigarette in the glass ash tray at the bar. "So i've heard this town has a mafia of sorts? A friend of mine in New York said he was related to a guy down here who was involved. Romano I think was his last name? Not quite sure."
Foxy Foxy

Last edited:
The Sullivans
disgustingpolitebuzzard-mobile-jpg.336259
James listened as Emmet spoke and noticed the pointed look the man gave him. This may have been a family business and he may care for them all like they were his own family, but he couldn't help but think it was the family that had messed up the plans. Sinead for simply being there and Conor for giving him cause for concern throughout. He knew he would be the one who would take the blame and be in the shit with Emmet. As his boss hugged Shannon, he decided to remove himself from the group. "I'm ready to talk whenever you are," he flatly told Emmet as he struggled up onto his feet. "Conor, did you mention a spare guest room?" he asked, prompting Conor to walk with him there. As he passed Sinead, James gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "We're good, Sinead," he reassured her. He then flashed Lucy a quick smile before walking towards the staircase with Conor.

"What the fuck, James? Why Gianna?" Conor asked, his voice lowered so the others couldn't hear him. Having seen Alex distraught at losing her mother had shocked Conor to the point where he felt upset himself. "You're the best shot I know."

"Clearly, I'm not perfect," James said, through gritted teeth. "I didn't want Gianna dead, either. Vinnie killed my old man, so of course I wanted him dead." As they got to the top of the stairs, James walked to the guest room. "We'll talk about it later. Then you can explain to me why you didn't stay where you were meant to." James didn't want to fall out with Conor, so it was best to speak to him when both of them had been able to calm down. Once in the guest room alone, James closed the door and sat in the end of the bed. He sat for a while, just staring at his hands as they trembled. He couldn't remember the last time he'd felt this shaken, if ever at all.

150136644263860.jpg
After the way her mother had reacted, Sinead was relieved when Lucy sort of defended her and even more relieved when her father wasn't furious with her either. "Thank you, Daddy," she said, using her sleeve to wipe the tears from her face. "It doesn't look like we've got any choice but to be involved," she began. She then looked to Lucy. "I know this shit exists by now," she said, quickly nodding. "In just a few day I've seen two dead bodies, had my apartment trashed, lost my job and lost my independence. Now Vinnie's going to take my life too. So, yes, I think I'm already involved," she said, trying to hold back any further tears. "I'm... I'm going to go to my room for the night...." she said. She wanted to hug Lucy and her father, but hesitated and instead rushed off upstairs. She didn't want to push her luck.

Shannon listened to Sinead, but remained silent on the matter. Whilst she felt bad for her daughter, she didn't like to indulge in the girl's self pity. She would reach out and apologise to Sinead the next morning, instead. When Emmet silently hugged her, Shannon kissed his cheek and gently rubbed his back. "We'll sort this," she reassuringly whispered to him.

Foxy Foxy Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano

eye-candy-josh-brolin-4-jpg.332446

Vinnie heard his daughter's malicious tone and simply nodded. He had never wanted his daughters to get involved in his business and he would try to talk them out of it when he was thinking more clearly. However, Gianna was their mother and they were entitled to want revenge, so he would rather they were working with him rather than sneaking off into danger trying to get revenge without his knowledge.

When the driver pulled up close to the house, Vinnie paid him before getting out of the car and walking around to Alex's door to help her out of the vehicle. He too was apprehensive about entering the house where he knew his wife would not be. He placed his hand on Alex's shoulder and walked towards the front door with her. "I'm sure Monte tried his best to help her, under the circumstances."

Upon entering the house, Vinnie removed his overcoat and went to hang it on one of the coat-hooks by the door. He froze, holding his coat in both hands as he looked to one of Giann's many coats that was already hanging there. It dawned on him that the house was filled with his wife's belongings and reminders of the woman he loved. He was unsure of how he could ever remove those things from the home but also unsure of how he could cope with so many reminders of the woman he had just lost. After standing still for a time, he snapped out of his thoughts and hung his coat beside that of Gianna's.

It was only then that he noticed Alena and Monte at the bottom of the stairs. He approached Alena to give her a hug and kiss on her forehead, then gave Monte a fatherly pat on the shoulder. He looked like he was about to say something, but words seemed to have lost him . Instead, he quickly walked away and into the lounge where he retrieved a bottle of whisky and a glass from the cabinet. He quickly unscrewed the bottle cap and poured out a generous amount of alcohol.

neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy was expecting more of a fight from her father, but when one did not begin...she was left worried about him. Biting her lip, she nodded her head as she listened to her little sisters words, nearly in tears, she told Lucy about how she was already involved and immediately she felt terrible. Lucy avoided her sisters eyes and she caught James small smile to which she couldn't return in that moment. How could he smile at her after what she had done? Lucy may not have had anything to do with Sinead being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but she was responsible for the death of an innocent woman. Someone who wasn't meant to die.

Guilt was a feeling that Lucy would rather stray from. It made her feel hollow inside. But as she watched her sister run up the stairs after the boys she felt it creep into her chest. Looking over at her mother and father, she watched them embrace one another. It was sad to think that Vinnie would never be able to hold someone like that again. She was suppose to kill him and here she was feeling sorry for him.

Looking to her parents once more, she noticed that it was probably best to leave them be. Silently, she turned from them and headed towards the stairs as well. Making a beeline for her room, she shut the door quickly and looked around. Nothing was out of place, which was a good sign to her. Paranoia was definitely kicking in and she felt like something was already about to happen to her family. Sitting on the edge of her bed, she placed her head in her hands and took slow deep breaths.

I am suppose to be stronger than this. This is what I wanted...well, not exactly what I wanted. She growled in frustration and stood to change out of her damp clothes.
After changing into a comfortable night gown and brushing through her hair, she felt better. The dark circles under her eyes and the redness of them showed that she was not, but Lucy had to be strong. She walked towards her door and opened it, looking out into the hallway before moving towards the spare room. Once at the door, she bit her lip nervously and contemplated on whether to knock for a while.

She was sure James was upset with her for coming back for him and she wasn't sure what he would say. But, she needed to see him and face the music sooner rather than later. Lifting her hand, she knocked on the door gently three times.​

Luca had stayed quiet throughout the whole conversation while switching his eyesight between all of the Sullivan's, James and Everett, completely not sure how to answer the question on what he was doing there. Heck, he knew he should had been at the meeting yesterday, but he have had a busy day and finally he had taken some medication in order to stop the pain he was going through at the end before going to sleep early. "If I may, while it's true I wasn't aware of the plan or was here yesterday, I think it was a stupid idea to attack when there where many people there, I only saw three of us while there where a lot of them, why couldn't everybody wait for the rest of the Sullivan's to arrive?" Yes, it was completely a stupid idea for just 3 of them to go there without more people with them, heck why was it a good idea to have two of the Sullivan's boss kids be there.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Foxy Foxy
Mentioned: Bellz Bellz

James Porter

[Slight backtrack] James looked to Luca with irritation in his eyes. "Had you been in on the plan you would have known there were plenty of our men there with us or to tell us what a stupid idea it was, Luca. What were you doing there? Or do you get to do your own thing without consulting the rest of us first?"

James was stood by the window, looking out onto the driveway as he thought over the evening's events. He had to question if he'd lost his senses. It was easy for Emmet's blood relatives to make mistakes and them be forgiven. It also seemed easy for Luca to pass judgement without knowing the facts and still have Emmet's ear. When it came down to it, James knew he wasn't permitted to make mistakes and he very rarely did. It frustrated him that nobody argued against his plan when he shared it and that nobody defended him when it had gone wrong.

Upon hearing the knock on the door he turned to face it. It didn't matter who was at the other side of the door or the reason for the visit, he was never one to avoid confrontation. He walked to the door and pulled it open to see Lucy standing there. "Lucy?" he said, stepping aside so she could quickly enter the room.
Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Foxy Foxy

giphy.gif

Alex froze as they pulled up at the house, she felt fear creeping through into her numbness. She couldn't get herself to open the door of the taxi and so was thankful that her father came around to help her out. When her father placed his hand on her shoulder, Alex reached up and placed her hand over his in a reassuring gesture, she knew that it was just as hard on him to open that door and step inside.
Once inside Alex made her way into the lounge without so much as a look at her siblings, she hoped they would follow her too. Alex made her way to the liquor cabinet and pulled out a bottle of vodka. She had a glass in her hand, however she knew she was going to drink the bottle anyway so for easiness she left the glass on the table and decided to just drink from the bottle. She made her way over to a couch and sat down just as her father arrived in. Alex took another swig of her drink before placing it on the table and pulling her box of.cigarettes out of her bag, placing one to her lips as she lit it.
"Alena! Monte" she shouted through the house. Right now Alex just wanted her remaining family to be together in this room and she hoped that they would come in, she left her feet on the ground instead off lying on the couch like she usually does so that someone could sit beside her if they wanted.​
Misty Gray Misty Gray Foxy Foxy sprouhtt sprouhtt

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy was relieved when James opened the door and immediately walked inside the room. Once the door was shut she turned to him and sat down on the edge of his bed. "Do you hate me?" She asked lightly. Her voice was soft and she was unsure of herself. If he said yes, would she just leave? Maybe she would head to Europe...Her mind was reeling as she tried to figure out an exit plan but as she did, she confessed. "I hate me...This entire situation is my fault and its because I am too stubborn to see past my own nose." Her voice was filled with self loathing and her expression was sad.

"You trusted me to do one thing right...and I can't even do that. I have to tell him...I have to tell my dad what happened. I cannot and will not watch you get punished even further for something that you didn't do." Clearing her throat, she stopped talking for a moment as her throat was thick with oncoming tears. She shook her head and looked up at the ceiling, blinking to keep the tears at bay.

"Ugh...look at me...I'm falling apart and you're the one who went through the torture." She wiped under her eyes and tried to look everywhere but at James. She didn't want to see the disappointment in his eyes.​

Luca had closed his eyes before looking back at James. "I couldn't be here alright, I would had loved to be here, but I had some planning to do, planning that would had lead us to find the people have back stabbed us and are working with the Romano's." He responded back before walking toward the exit door. "I was planning to dwelve on that plan with everyone here but I couldn't since I had to find someone to give me or as in let me borrow certain items, before visiting the nearest clinic for medication." That was all he said. "I'll be leaving now." before exiting the home, slowly walking to the car.

Luca would had stayed longer but he was seething inside. Why? The plan had been foolproof since the beginning, he had information that could had helped everyone, heck he just needed a little bit more info that would had been helpful but then, everything went downhill. Sure no one besides Emmett had known how he looked without long hair, and he had used that to get in the party. But now, everyone knew and he had to think of others way to find other people to get other people to get the missing information that he needed, even kill those backstabbers. But for now, he needed to move his stuff close to the Sullivan's, in order to be besides them or protect them better. If he couldn't do that, then he had no right to be the right hand of the Sullivan boss. Eventually he arrived at his apartment, tossing his shirt in the bed while heading to the bathroom and splash some water on his face.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter

James closed the door and slowly turned to Lucy, seeing her perch on the edge of the bed. When she asked him if he hated her, the question took him by surprise and it was clear on his face. He was aware that he rarely showed his emotions to people, and he often came across as moody, cold and indifferent. It had worked for him in the past and allowed him to fully commit to his duty without anything to hold him back. There had never been a relative or a loved one to worry about, but it was also a lonely way of existing.

"Jesus, Lucy. Of course I don't hate you," he said, his voice softening. "You came for me when I told you not to. Strategically, you shouldn't have and I would never have forgiven myself had you been hurt whilst trying to help me. But you cared enough to look for me and I don't think anyone else would have done that. I can't deny that means a lot to me." He sat next to her and tilted his head so he could look at her face. "Don't hate yourself and don't blame yourself." He placed his hand on her shoulder, shaking his head as he saw how upset she was. "I should never have put you in the position I did, even if it's what you thought you wanted at the time. I was too busy thinking of how much you deserved to have your revenge after you'd been shot that I never stopped to think how this would affect you afterwards. Even if it had been Vinnie who you had killed, I should have made sure you were emotionally ready to take a life."

James sighed as Lucy talked about telling her father the truth. "I don't think that will take much heat off me," he admitted. "It was up to me to make sure everything went as planned. At what point did I tell Emmet I was going to bring you along and put a gun in your hand? I'm disposable, but you need to stay close with your family and all stick together."

"Torture's nothing new to me. Although, the method was certainly a new one and I think I'll be feeling it for a while. But it's okay to fall apart, Lucy." He placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her in closer. "You asked me if I hate you... you couldn't be further from the truth. I care about you more than I should." He hadn't forgotten they'd kissed back in the hotel and he couldn't ignore his feelings for her, even if he did spend his life hiding his emotions from everyone else.
Bellz Bellz

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was surprised to see him so surprised. And if it would have been any other moment, she might have teased him about it. But her heart was aching and all she could do was wallow in her sadness. He was far too generous to take the heat for everything along with letting her have the kill. And now here he was, letting her cry in his arms. "Is it wrong that I feel terribly guilty for taking that woman's life? I mean...this feud between our families has been going on long before I was born and yet we are just suppose to hate these people."

"If it was my mother who was killed like that..."She couldn't even continue the sentence. It was too horrible to even think about. Even though her mother had a funny way of showing her love and affection at times, she had always been by her children side. Lucy was also very close to her mother. The two being more similar to one another than her other siblings. It was too much to think about.

Her cheeks turned pink as he made his confession about caring for her more than he should. "You deserve better than me Mr. Porter, my family is cursed with this forever and I am sure you don't want to be apart of it for the rest of your life." She turned her face up to look at the burns on his temples, her hand making its way to her mouth as she covered it in horror. "Who did this to you?" She muffled.

James Porter

James shook his head when Lucy asked if it was wrong to feel guilty. "Of course it's not wrong. It would be more worrying if you felt nothing for killing her. I've spent most of my life involved with this feud in some capacity. I only wish I was still as human as you are," he told her. He nodded as she spoke of how she would feel if it had been Shannon killed. He'd just about forgotten what it was like to have a parent, but still remembered how it felt to lose his father. He didn't actually see his father get killed, so he could only imagine how terrible it had been for the Romanos.

James scoffed as Lucy said he deserved better. "I don't deserve anything and you're far too good for me... I never expected to live very long, so I've never thought about the rest of my life. Besides, this path and working for your family is all I've ever known. I don't see myself making a living just fixing cars." When she looked at the burns on his head, he realised he'd not taken time to check his wounds over, having merely glanced in the mirror when he entered the room. "I'm sure it'll heal up fine. I can't have these good looks of mine compromised," he said, cracking a rare joke. "It was Fortuna. The bitch found great enjoyment in it all too."
Bellz Bellz

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
A small laugh came from her lips and she smiled softly. "Was that a freaking joke? Oh my word, I better tell the media. I don't think you've ever joked with me before." She then scrunched her nose when Fortuna was mentioned. "That crazy bitch." She mumbled and wanted to do terrible things to that woman. Lucy was close to seeing red when he told her that the bitch found enjoyment in it.

"How could someone be so sick?" She wondered to herself before looking at James. She wanted to forget this night even happened. She just wanted to sit here and have a conversation. "You know, I haven't thought much about the rest of my life either...." She really never thought about it much. But she wasn't certain if she could settle down and have a normal life. Sinead tried to do so and she was just dragged back into the family feud.

"Maybe I'll get a dog." She suggested lightly and then laughed at her remark. "Romano's wouldn't target a dog would they?"​

Alena couldn't find it in her to go upstairs, so she stayed where she was listening to Monte talk about how he and she were blood and I guess that was his way of his way of saying that he cared for her? Alena let out a soft sigh when she began to think about what happened, she didn't have any more tears to shed. She was extremely numb.

Before she said anything to him, he turned and left her standing there all alone. Typical Monte. Alena heard her sister walk in and go straight into the living room. Alena thought it was wise to sit next to her sister. She walked over to her sister slowly as she took a seat next to her sister. Alena couldn't utter any words, she just sat there quietly, thinking. Drowning. Hurting. And Regretting.

neverbackdown neverbackdown Foxy Foxy

James Porter

"I suppose it was a joke," James remarked, a playful smile briefly appearing on his serious face. "Perhaps it's due to my injuries and I'll be normal again when I've fully recovered." He nodded when Lucy started get angry about Fortuna. "It's why she's where she is. Vinnie doesn't keep her there for nothing and I have little doubt we'll be seeing her again. I guess I should be grateful for being caught by someone who enjoyed torturing rather than one who just wanted to kill me."

"I always wanted a dog, but my unconventional working patterns wouldn't have been fair on it," he noted. "I'd like to think even the Romanos wouldn't harm an innocent animal," he told her.

"My life isn't so bad right now. I get to see you some days when I'm working. I don't see beautiful women passing through my garage very often at all, and none with your class," he said, in his weird way of flirting. He was more of a straight to the point guy usually, but Lucy was stronger than most girls and they'd been playing their little game for so long he was more controlled around her. "I'm not sure how long I can keep playing this game of ours, Lucy. You've got me - I can't fight it. All I want to do is kiss you again," he said, thinking back to their moment at the hotel. "It was the only good thing to come out of tonight."
Bellz Bellz

200_s.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was enjoying this side of James. It wasn't a side she saw very often. Only recently have they been really running in circles with each other. "Well she better enjoy it while she is still alive hmm.." She murmured. It made her incredibly angry that this woman enjoy torturing others in such an inhumane way. Well, there was nothing humane about torturing; torturing just wasn't right.

She bit her lip from saying anything further as he continued to speak. It was sad to her that he couldn't have the simple pleasures in life, like having some sort of pet. He sacrificed so much to work for her father. She blushed at his compliment but was shocked with his sudden confession. They were both adults as she was 23 and he was 27 but it really didn't matter in this family. What her father says goes. It was as simple as that.

And as much as she would love to just give in to the sneaking around and constant teasing, she wasn't sure how well her father would take it. "James..." She turned to take his hands in hers. "You have no idea how incredibly happy I am to hear those words...but I can't get you into any more trouble. You need rest and what if my father finds out?" She hated saying those words.​

James Porter

James looked down to Lucy's hand as she took hold of his. Whilst she said she was happy by what he'd told her she was clearly about to turn him down. "So we tell your father before he has chance to find out. I don't care if I get into..." He was willing to get in trouble with Emmet if it meant being with her, but he could see she was worried about her father finding out. His face turned serious and he bit his lip as he nodded his head. "I don't want to make things awkward for you, Lucy. You need to be with your family and I don't want you to do anything that would make your dad upset with you," he said pulling his hands away from hers.

James stood up and looked down to Lucy. "You're right. I need rest," he told her. "I will keep my distance from you in the future. I've been letting things get too personal lately. Hanging around in the house like I'm part of the family." This evening had shown him he wasn't. "There's no reason why I can't wait out in the car for Emmet or anyone else, like I used to. It would be for the best all round if I went back to that."

James realised he had let his feelings show themselves and he'd shown weakness. If Lucy was worried about causing trouble with her father, then he would have to respect that. The Sullivans needed to stick together now and it was his job to detach himself from the family to protect them. He was just an employee and he'd almost forgotten that.

Bellz Bellz

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Alex watched as her sister walked into the room. She sent her a reassuring smile when Alena made her way over and sat beside Alex. Alex finished her cigarette and placed the butt into an ashtray before sitting back in the chair. She put her arm around her sister and pulled her into her side "its going to be okay Alena, we'll get through this together" she said quietly, trying to put as much emotion into her voice as possible.​
sprouhtt sprouhtt

200_s.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy pouted slightly, no longer happy with the words that were coming from his lips. He wanted to distance himself now? "If that's what you think is best." She murmured sadly before letting the awkward silence creep in between them. His warm hands were pulled from hers and she watched as he stood up and looked down at her.

"I will let you get some rest then." Lucy didn't want him to stop getting personal with her. He was just starting to open up to her and now she ruined it. Biting her bottomo lip, she rocked on her heels. Unsure of what to say.

She was feeling a bit upset with him, for easily dismissing everything they have had up until this point. He clearly had feelings for her and she clearly had them for him. But with the pending threat of the Romano's was serious and she didn't want to distract her father from his work. She loved her father but his reactions to things were not always the best.

"Well, I guess I'll head to my room. " standing up, she stood on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek gently, then..she walked to the door and opened it before walking through. Turning her head to the side, she smiled sadly as if this was a goodbye. "Sweet dreams Mr. Porter." She murmured before closing the door behind her and walking towards her room.

<spoiler> *dies inside*</spoiler>​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back