• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy's cheeks turned a slight pink as James' complimented both her and her little sister. She smiled at him for a moment before her mother's voice was heard from behind her. Turning, she nodded to her mother's question. "There is a club opening that I was invited to in the next city over, so I figured we could go have some fun." She explained to her with a smile. James reassured her that David would also be going. Lucy nodded at her mother's words ordering them to return home if anything was out of the ordinary. "We will Mamma, promise!" She said lightly laughing at her grey hair reference. "Now we should probably head out because we don't want to be late!" Lucy practically ushered them right out the door and waved goodbye to her mother and Lady who had heard the noise and ran to check out who was making it.

"See Sinead, mom notices that there is something wrong too...we are going to fix this okay?" She said to her little sister before wrapping her arm around her shoulder. "Now chin up, because sad drinking is no fun."​

Monte Romano

original.gif

Monte frowned, considering his words. While he didn’t have an aversion to the Nazi’s he certainly was no friend to them, and clearly Hans was quite familiar with everything pertaining to them. He leaned back in his chair, letting out a soft, considerate snort.

“The skillset of a man like yourself would be quite beneficial.” Monte finally said, leaning back forward and grinning. “Clearly you have no moral issues that arise when it comes to taking a life. I can certainly appreciate that.”

Monte’s sly smile turned into a smirk. As the nervous waitress returned with some appetizers, Monte plucked a piece of calamari into his mouth, chewing slowly and savoring the flavor before returning his attention to Hans. Beside Hans, Eleanor shifted from side to side, clearly anxious to do something. Monte ignored her, of course. She wasn’t his concern, and for all her cared, she could sit there for hours without him having any reason to amuse her.

“I guess the matter at hand is not what you can do for my family.” Monte said slowly, contemplating his words. “It’s quite obvious you’ll be an asset. So I suppose my question is what do you want from us? How do we benefit you, Mr. Kopeka?”

“The tasks we have in mind are quite involved. It will be no easy matter, though I’m sure that is of no concern to you.” He added after a moment, finishing his words off with a frown before taking another drink of his scotch.
ReverseTex ReverseTex Misty Gray Misty Gray

cat-hohenzollern.regular.png

inglourious-basterds-19.jpg

Hans could tell the destain in Monte's voice when he talked about his skill set. Most Americans did once he told them. But, the man had asked for his buisness history, and so he gladly obliged. But he knew the Romano family needed him, and he watched Monte's face as it quickly switched back into sly intrest.

Taking another sip of his scotch, Hans watched as the waitress delivered a few appetizers, clearly American or Italian. His appetite left fairly quickly. But drawn into conversation once more, there was no need to eat. "Well Mr. Romano, I am comftable doing almost anything. I don't do grunt work. My work in New York consisted of; handling security of the family for events and what-not, information gathering, both spy work and work I wish not to talk about around these lovely women." His eyes scanned the table, smiling to the whole group.

"Quite right Mr. Romano, no trouble at all. Ive handled worse kinds." Taking a sip of his scotch as he finished his words, Hans's eyes did the smiling for him.
Foxy Foxy Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Kate Henderson
tumblr_inline_mnp8klwhBM1qz4rgp_zpsnxb8iuei.gif

Kate smiled as Luca greeted her with a peck on the cheek. "Evening, handsome," she replied, with a crooked smile. "Outside of Chicago sounds like a wonderful place at the moment," she noted. "I'm glad I've seen you to explain before it's too late, Luca. I know I've been on equal and neutral terms with both the Sullivans and the Romanos, but things are changing. When I last saw Vinnie, things didn't go over too well and it wasn't just his grief talking." She shrugged her shoulders as if what she was about to say was the most simple things possible. "I can't keep operating as anyone's nurse anymore as I have to move out of my place before he takes it back. He gave me a choice and I'm choosing to cut all ties with Vinnie and the Romanos. You and I both know how that will go down, but I can't support or ignore the things he does anymore. He's far different to the man he was before he went to fight the war and I don't want to be a part of his business any longer."
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Conor Sullivan

capture-png.317788

Conor raised an eyebrow and laughed as Alex said it was worth the wait. "Well done?! You're a cheeky one, you," he joked with her. He closed his eyes as they cuddled. This was exactly the kind of contact and release he knew he'd needed. No matter how much guilt rested in the back of his mind, it felt good to just do something he wanted to. He hadn't felt free for quite some time, despite often carrying a relaxed attitude around.

Conor remained sat up in bed as Alex went into the bathroom. When she returned and sat on the edge of the bed, he shook his head at her question. "No, I don't want you to leave. I'm sure we can have a few drinks first, Alex," he told her. She wasn't just a one-off to him, so he wouldn't dream of telling her to leave so soon. "I do need to go to my real home tonight, though," he said, thinking of his family. "So, go on. Get us both a drink, then," he boldly told her.
neverbackdown neverbackdown

((I'll post for Olivia and Sinead/James later))

115672976.179632609.jpeg
Margarita turned to view the man, she assumed it was him that they were waiting for before anything happened. She smiled at him as a greeting, her heels gave her some height against the man who called himself as Emmet Sullivan. She took his hand shaking it, she believed true success came from a good handshake. "Margarita Cansino, although I go by Rita Hayworth." She simply nodded in agreeance following the trail lead by his arm, she walked towards the open room still looking around. Rita looked behind her seeing James still talking with the girl that she never caught the name of, it rather annoyed her not knowing the full story of things, she wasn't one for keeping too many secrets and certainly didn't like others having secrets, she saw it as an act of cowardice. "This is quite the place you have here, Emmet. I would expect that you worked hard to get such a place." She had a little bit of bitterness in her tone but was covered by a more intrigued one which complimented her facial expression looking at the photo frames of what she inferred to as his family.

Foxy Foxy

"Of course, sir." Fortuna nodded in agreement once Vinnie had ceased speaking. "As I always have, I will stand by you and your decisions." She added firmly, offering him a broad smile. Vinnie was one of the very few people that she had found worthy to swear her complete and utter loyalty to, and she was not the kind of person that would, willingly or unwillingly, go back on her word. Crossing her legs, the hitwoman took another sip from her glass, a faint sigh escaping from her lips soon afterwards. She wasn't a good person, she had long since acknowledged this fact, but if she had even one redeeming quality, it would be her unswerving faithfulness.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter and Sinead Sullivan

72d55c464672aa9663b4b726951e4792-stephen-amell-green-arrow-jpg.338675
tumblr_inline_n15oqdguth1rk53jl-png.338676

As they walked to James' car and Lucy told her they were going to fix things, Sinead quickly nodded her head. "You're right, we have to be smiling whilst we get drunk," she agreed. Just before they got into the back of the car, Sinead gave Lucy and tight hug. She was glad at least her sister was listening to her. James, was already in the driver's seat and David sat in the passenger side next to him. He was aware of how loyal David was to Emmet, which was part of the reason he brought him along, though security was the main reason. James didn't want Emmet and Shannon thinking they were sneaking off to do anything untoward. The young ladies just needed some fun.

When they eventually pulled up outside the club, James saw the valet approach his car and didn't even hold back his disapproving grunt. He could count the number of people he would let drive his car on one hand. The overenthusiastic club employee was certainly not one of them. After repeating himself a couple of times and even giving the guy an unearned tip, James drove the car round the back of the club and parked it himself. Sure, it was safer to not let anyone else drive his car, but it wasn't for that reason alone. "Last time I let someone else park one of my cars it ended up scratched," he complained. "We're all perfectly able to walk there from the car park," he added.

When they finally entered the club, Sinead could hear the live music playing and her eyes lit up for the briefest of moments.That was until she saw how busy the place was and she suddenly felt a little overwhelmed. She was certain this place was safely located away from their troubles and nothing bad would happen, but that didn't stop her from feeling apprehensive. She linked her arm with Lucy's and looked to her sister. "Let's go to the bar. I want a cocktail," she said, hoping a few drinks would help her to relax.

David would walk in front of the group, whilst James walked alongside Lucy. His face was very serious and his mind was constantly focused on everything around them. As far as he was concerned, he was working right now, so he was only going to order water from the bar. He just wanted Lucy and Sinead to have a good time, for a change.
Bellz Bellz

Shannon Sullivan

6064448230aaa02749d8a6a5312fec77--kate-beckinsale-pretty-face.jpg

Shannon was an intuitive woman, so she wasn't ignorant to the way James and Lucy were around each other. She wasn't against the idea, but she hoped if something did happen between them, Lucy would at least tell her. She wasn't sure if it would go down well with Emmet under the current circumstances, but that's part of the reason they all needed to sit down and talk to each other. Like Emmet, Shannon also felt unsure about what they'd being told about the night Gianna was murdered. James has never admitted nor denied outright to killing Gianna. Lucy, Conor and Sinead had all been somewhat different since that night, though she was certain Sinead's side of the story was true so the girl wouldn't have been in a position to shoot anyone.

In light of those thoughts, the phonecall she answered made her feel even more frustrated. The voice on the other end, claiming to be one of Romano's associates, told her Vinnie wanted Emmet to hand over the person who shot Gianna and then they would consider letting Carrick and Sinead live. The call had ended before Shannon had chance to give them a piece of her mind, but she decided it was probably a good thing. She decided to let her husband finish his meeting as it would give her chance to get her own anger under control. That was the way Shannon operated. She would take time out to care of her own emotions in order to be strong for her family when they needed it. Emmet understood her, but she knew it sometimes made her seem cold to her kids.

Shannon heard the light pattering of Lady's feet as the puppy plodded along into the lounge. She eyed the dog for a moment before giving in and reaching out to pick up the adorable thing and let it curl up on the sofa beside her. She wasn't sure when they'd all agreed to even get a dog, but she secretly liked the thought of a pet around the house.

Mentioned: Foxy Foxy

0b0e920924df436ec4f1c22593de3392--selena-gomez-video-gemini.jpg
Alex cocked her head slightly to the side as she waited for him to answer, she didnt think that he'd tell her to leave but the relief was still present when he said she could stay longer. She raised an eyebrow when he told her to get them drinks, pretending to be annoyed. "Am I your servant now" she teased before standing up anyway. "Im only getting it because I want one" she stated almost like a child in a huff. Alex made her way into the kitchen and couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that he said he had to go home tonight. She wanted to stay here, far away from the miserable surreal reality for as long as possible, however she knew herself that it wasn't a possibility and she too would need to go home tonight. Her mind drifted to her mother's body on the ballroom floor and she quickly pushed it away and replaced it with an equally distracting thought that was causing her a lot of bother: what would happen between her and Conor. She knew that the relationship was not ideal and she also knew that both families would probably team up to kill them both if they found out but yet it just felt right when she was with him. The whole world seemed to stop spinning for them few hours and she could forget about the real world and how he was a Sullivan and she was Romano. Was she in love? As soon as this thought came into her mind, Alex quickly shut it down and snapped back into reality, she had been in love once before and learned that love leads to heartbreak more often than not.
Realising she had been standing in his kitchen and completely lost in thought for a while, Alex quickly grabbed a bottle of vodka and two glasses before making her way back into the bedroom. She placed the items on the bed before climbing on and leaning into Conors side again. "Sorry I got lost" she joked, although figuratively she wasnt wrong.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy couldn't deny that when her baby sister hugged her that she felt somewhat normal. She missed just being able to do fun things with her siblings like they use to be able to do before any of them were adults. She was a bit caught off guard at first, but settled into the tight hug and lightly kissed her temple. Then they both slid into the back seat of the car where James and David were already patiently seated. When they arrived at the club, she was already having a good time as James' gave the valet driver a hard time about parking the car. After a few moments however, the valet driver gave up and James parked the car. Getting out she smiled at the club and was actually beginning to feel excited about being out.

The invitation to this opening was given to her about 2 weeks ago, but she wasn't sure if she would make an appearance. With the family issues going on, it was obviously safer to stay at home. But being in the house for three weeks straight without having a night life was draining. Once inside the club, she was greeted with the sounds of live music. She turned to her sister whose eyes seemed to have lit up at the beautiful sounds. Smiling slightly, she nodded walked with her sister arm and arm towards the bar. James was as serious as ever and as much as she wanted to spark up conversation, she figured he was scoping the place out and it would be dangerous to interrupt. So as they walked towards the bar, she chatted with Sinead. She ordered her a cocktail like she wanted before ordering herself one as well. She normally wasn't a fruity drink type of gal, preferring hard dark liquor. But this was a bonding experience that she wouldn't pass up. James had gotten a water which was surprising to Lucy but she still didn't say anything.

Olivia Svensson

Untitled_zpslolzlbma.png
Hans' description of his part in the war confirmed what Olivia had thought. Vinnie was right to want this to look as natural as possible. She wasn't overly fond of the past of her boss' latest choice of associate, but this was a different war now. They were on the same side in this war and their enemies now were not innocent people; the Sullivans had murdered Vinnie's wife. There were no innocent parties in this war. Olivia had morals, but they were reserved for the innocent or those deserving of such consideration.

As the waitress was about to walk away after serving their appetisers, Olivia beckoned her over. "Two glasses of your best chardonnay, please," she requested. She'd seen Eleanor appearing restless so decided to order them both another drink. Olivia was used to sitting pretty during boring business meetings. Although, she was finding this one more than interesting. "Monte doesn't mind us ordering more drinks, do you, dear?" she asked, keeping a straight face as she glanced to him. The more Olivia spoke, the more interesting her accent would become. It was a mixture of Swedish and Dutch, with the former being more dominant. Her late father was Swedish and her late mother Dutch, but the first 16 years of Olivia's life had been spent living in Sweden. The family emigrated to America shortly before the second world war started. Suffice to say, the odd twinge of the local accent was known to slip into her voice too. It all really depended on which accent she was supposed to be conveying on a particular occasion. Tonight she was free to speak in her natural voice.

"...and work I wish not to talk about around these lovely women."

"Oh, Mr Kopeka. Such a gentleman. How kind of you," Olivia enthused and feigned modesty. She was no stranger to the gruesome and violent side of business, but she suspected saying so would not make Hans any more willing to go into detail in front of her and Eleanor.

Foxy Foxy ReverseTex ReverseTex

Monte Romano

original.gif

“Not at all.” Monte smiled, flashing a mischievous glance at Olivia. He didn’t feel all too bad about playing with the waitress, and figured at the very least it would give the timid young lady a story to tell about the Romanos years later. As she shuffled off to grab the drinks, Monte’s glance returned to Hans.

“Would you like to smoke outside?” He offered, pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and grabbing one. His offer was two sided – He wanted to smoke, but it also gave him an opportunity to talk to Hans about things he wasn’t quite as comfortable talking about around Olivia and Eleanor. Standing, he decided to let Hans decide himself, as Monte was already resigned to his cigarette. Striding to the door, he stood outside, sidling to the restaurants alleyway and lighting his cigarette, savoring the taste before blowing the smoke towards the sky.

Sometimes he thought he should kick the habit, but with all the stress lately, Monte figured he couldn’t. At the moment, it was one of the few familiar things in his life.
ReverseTex ReverseTex Misty Gray Misty Gray

Eleanor Ware

3D4D5.gif

Eleanor nearly rolled her eyes as Hans spoke, as she was sure she could handle anything he had to say. Instead, she settled with a serene smile, nodding graciously at both Olivia and the nervous waitress as she took a sip of the champagne. Monte had rushed off, clearly eager to get some fresh air and a cigarette. Setting her glass down, she glanced sideways at Olivia, a devilish grin creeping up on her face.

“How are you, Olivia darling?” Eleanor folded her legs, leaning forward to grin at the other young woman. The two didn’t speak often, but Eleanor liked her. She didn’t see her unless they were doing tasks like these, and even then, they spoke little, usually letting the men speak.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Emmet Sullivan

“Pleased to meet you, Rita.” Emmet dipped his head, following her into his office. As she walked in, Emmet glanced back at Shannon, giving her a nod and a smile before shutting the door. Silently, he watched Margarita inspect the room, though her attention seemed to be most on photos.

“Thank you. I’ve worked hard for my family… and that was even before any of the other…” Emmet paused, considering his words. “… business came along.”

He sat down in his leather chair, shuffling through some papers on his desk before putting them away and folding his hands.

“So, Ms. Rita, tell me about yourself.” It was a broad question, he knew, but Emmet figured she had a story to tell, and if not, they could move on to other subjects. On first inspection of the woman, he hadn’t thought much of her, though Emmet knew more than any man that looks could deceive. Rita was likely no weak-willed woman, and she most certainly wouldn’t be here if she were not an asset.
T That_Irish_Person

Luca had been surprised when she had said that she had cut all her ties with the Romano's,that he had literally been without words before he had to compsoee himself and look at her with a questioning look. "If you really need a place to stay at, my apartment is always open for you." He told her while smiking at her. "Look, I really don't care if you chose us over them, all I really care is that you can treat our members and that you are find, I wouldn't be able to feel like myself if something happened to you." He responded. "After all you're the first girl I have payed more attention to." He whispered that bit but he knew that late could had heard him, which didn't bother him at all..
Misty Gray Misty Gray

cat-hohenzollern.regular.png

inglourious-basterds-19.jpg

The woman's reaction, he could hear the hint of extra modesty. Hans didn't care though, focusing more on her accent. It was oddly familiar to his, more northern though, more than likely Dutch. Watching Monte offer him a cigarette, he lifted his hand to signal he was fine. "I prefer German cigarettes Mr. Romano, but one moment."

Standing up, Hand rested his hands on his chair as he pushed it in. "If you don't mind me asking Ms. Svensson, where are you from? Your accent sounds slightly Dutch? If so, you left in good time, it's quite distraught as of now." As he waited for his response, Hans pulled out his Nazi cigarette tin, placing his thumb over the swastika as he pulled out a cigarette.
Foxy Foxy Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

capture-png.317788
"Well, I could do with a servant around the place, if I'm honest. It's a bonus that you're an attractive one," Conor joked. He smirked at her sulky comment about only going because she wanted a drink. Whilst she was in the kitchen, he got himself half-dressed, leaving his top off, before laying back on the bed. He closed his eyes as the time alone caused him to return to his thoughts. When he was with Alex, he was happy and felt like a normal person. It was easy to forget that there was nothing normal surrounding their relationship. He wished things could be more simple and that they weren't forced to keep their relationship a secret.

When Alex returned to the bedroom with the drink, he laughed at her excuse. "That's a lie and you know it. Don't pretend you haven't been taking crafty drinks out of the rest of the bottles. I know you're only with me for the free alcohol," he teased. In a way, it wasn't free for her, considering many of the bottles had been stolen from Romano shipments, but he was hardly about to say that out loud! "Wouldn't it be nice for both of us to get lost, far from this city?" he mused. As nice as that would be, he knew he didn't really mean it. He could never turn his back on his family. He was with them until the bitter end and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Sinead gratefully accepted the drink and gave it a quick taste before nodding in approval. Perhaps it was down to more than the nice taste, but she didn't waste any time at all in downing the drink and then ordering another cocktail. She hoped it would go to her head so she could relax. Sinead observed James and David stood nearby, looking all serious and thoughtful. She leaned into Lucy and rolled her eyes. "James has his grumpy old man face on again," she remarked, laughing a little.

Without warning, Sinead walked up to James and took hold of his hand. "Don't be boring, James. Come and dance with me," she playfully pleaded with him. Seeing him looking so miserable had given her the desire to distract from her own feelings and try to cheer him up. "You know you want to relax and have a little jive."

"I'm afraid not, Sinead. I don't dance," James replied, unable to stop himself from cracking a smile. "Lucy!" he addressed the blonde Sullivan. "Your sister wants you to dance with her. Please...." He wouldn't say it out loud, but the only person he would wish to dance with was Lucy and even then there were far too many people around to make it uncomfortable.

"Old man, James. Old," Sinead teased him. She then rejoined Lucy and shrugged. "I tried. Perhaps we should find some men who do want to dance," she suggested, quickly knocking back the second cocktail.
Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano

d475600aef936767785ca58d846fc3e0_zpss87ezio5.jpg

"Thank you, Fortuna. It's good to know there is someone I can completely trust," he told her. "I have some business which I have already got on with," he began. "Firstly, I've sat on it long enough, but I wish to know which of them shot Gianna that night and I want them brought to me. There were around a dozen Sullivans in the hotel that night and I'm not content to assume it was James Porter purely because we caught him on the scene." He then took a deep breath as he glanced to the front door and then the clock. "I should also let you know, if Kate Henderson does not show her face here in the next hour, she is to be considered a traitor and treated as such. I don't have time for her flitting between us and the Sullivans - drinking in Conor's damn pub every night. I want undivided loyalty or nothing. I've done a lot for that woman and received little in compensation."
Ineptitude Ineptitude

Olivia Svensson

Untitled_zpslolzlbma.png
Olivia looked up to Hans as he pushed his chair in and then addressed her. "I don't mind you asking at all. I'm from Sweden, though I am indeed half Dutch, on my mother's side," she told him. "I visited Netherlands on a number of occasions as a child." She raised an eyebrow at his mention of the country's current state. "I haven't returned to Europe since moving here a decade ago. But yes, I hear my mother's homeland has been left in quite a state," she calmly agreed. In reality, she thought perhaps he might be pleased with that fact.

Olivia watched as Monte got up to go have a smoke, the smile never leaving her lips as she watched him walk away. He was an interesting man and one she wished to see more of, in more ways than one. She then brought her glass to her lips for another drink before setting the glass back down on the table. It was obvious to her that Monte didn't wish to speak about everything in front of the two ladies. It didn't bother her as Vinnie hadn't sent her there to listen to everything, her job was to accompany Monte as his date. She then brought her attention back to Eleanor and returned her grin.

"Eleanor, I've never been better," she answered the woman, with a confident smile. "How are you, dear?" she asked. "Other than perhaps a little bored," she added, glancing to the seat where Hans had been sitting.

Foxy Foxy ReverseTex ReverseTex

Kate Henderson

Kate raised an eyebrow as Luca offered her a place to stay. "I might need to take you up on that offer, but please don't think I came to see you hoping you would volunteer let me stay," she assured him. "I just wanted you to know I might have had to go into hiding for a time. One doesn't simply quit the Romanos," she reminded him. "If there is a way I can treat you Sullivans, then I will certainly continue to do so." The Sullivans had never tortured a man and then told Kate to treat him so they could continue to torture him more. The Romanos had made her do that before and she never wanted to do it again, especially not if it was one of the Sullivans she cared for. "Oh, Luca. That's very kind of you," she said, placing her hand over his as he expressed how he'd feel if something happened to her. She heard his whispered comment and simply smiled in his direction.​

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was honestly surprised at how quickly her sister knocked back her first cocktail. She couldn't help but think that she resembled their father in a way when it came to drinking. Just wanting to drink to feel something. Well, wasn't everyone? She lifted her drink to her lips and watched with amusement as Sinead leaned into her and spoke about how grumpy James looked and she laughed along with her sister.

But when Sinead asked James to dance with her...jealousy sparked almost instantly. She stayed silent for a moment in shock and just watched her attempt to pull him out of his serious mood. But the look on his face seemed to reassure her that she had nothing to worry about. He looked almost panicky for a moment and he pleaded for her to dance with the brunette.

Lucy couldn't help but let out a chuckle and she was about to stand to help the poor man when Sinead gave up suddenly and turned back to Lucy. "Men huh? And who exactly does my baby sister have her eyes on hmm?" She wondered lightly before her eyes glanced in James' direction. How was she going to get out of dancing? She glanced around and shook her head scrunching her nose.

"I may have to pass up on that but I will help you find someone!" She suggested.​

"That's rather extensive question Mr Sinead. But I'm sure that you're a man on a time budget, I was born in Brooklyn, New York with my family. My mother died due to birth complications and I was left with my father who taught me, well... How to be independent in my own little way." Margarita smiled at Emmet to signal that she was finished, she would expect that with a short description she didn't want to go into much detail. She signalled to one of the chairs in front of his desk so that she could sit down, Rita found it rude when people didn't talk face to face, she can read people a lot more easier that way. This could be why she didn't speak much because she often showed her answers through body motions or facial expressions and to vocalise if need be.
Foxy Foxy

James grinned when he realised Lucy didn't want to dance either. Seeing how fast Sinead was drinking, he decided to help the girl out if she wanted to dance so much. He'd rather she didn't drink too much and then throw up in his car. "I know who you can dance with," he began. He then placed a firm hand on David's shoulder and looked the man in the eyes. At least they knew David. "Just two songs, mate. I'll buy you a drink after."

"Fine..." the tall man relented. "A proper drink, not water." With that, Sinead smiled and took David's hand, walking him to the dance floor a short distance away.

"There, now neither of us has to dance," James told Lucy, cracking an amused smile. He watched the dance floor for a short time as he sipped his water. His view of Sinead and David was at times obscured by the other dancers, but he trusted his colleague's ability to stay focused. James turned his attention to Lucy, taking the opportunity to reach out to gently squeeze her hand. "Are you having fun? I just want you two ladies to enjoy yourselves tonight." If Shannon was demanding a meeting the next day then he only hoped whatever was said in it wouldn't make matters worse.

Bellz Bellz

Last edited:

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray
James was absolutely brilliant, and she watched as David and Sinead made their way out to the dance floor. Her baby sister happily smiling away. Lucy chuckled at James' words and nodded her head. "You are clever." She murmured before grabbing her glass and taking another sip of her drink. Lucy liked to take her time when drinking especially when in public. Sinead was of course okay to drink as much as she wanted because she had several people watching over her but Lucy liked to stay more alert.

She felt warm skin touch the top of her hand and she turned to see that James' was watching her. She smiled softly at his questions and nodded her head. "I'm having fun, but I'm glad to see Sinead happy like this, even if it is only for a little while." She sighed and looked in the direction of where she had seen her sister last. "Thank you, for doing this, it really means a lot to me." Lucy meant those words. She was touched that he cared so much for the girls emotional state.

"So not much of a dancer hmm?" She teased lightly and smiled before bringing her glass to her lips.​

"I understand, sir." Fortuna responded, inclining her head in acknowledgement, giving a brief glance herself towards the mounted wall clock. "Sir, if I may," The hitwoman began after a moment of silence, turning her gaze back in Vinnie's direction. "I have reason to believe that I may know who had shot Gianna that night." She finished, and paused for a short while, allowing time for her boss to properly register what she had said. "Shortly after I had knocked out James, I had ordered three of our men to pursue and capture the culprit. While they may have failed this task, and I have already punished them severely for this, they managed to discern that person's visage just before they lost sight of them." Fortuna continued, a wry smile tugging at her lips. "That person being one Lucy Marie Sullivan."

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano

d475600aef936767785ca58d846fc3e0_zpss87ezio5.jpg
Vinnie watched Fortuna intently as she began to speak, momentarily looking to the clock. When she began to explain she might know who had shot Gianna, his eyes opened wider and his interest piqued. He gave her a look which signaled for her to continue speaking. When she did, he listened patiently until she finally mentioned the suspect's name. Although he caught Fortuna's smile, his face remained serious as he processed the information. Although he hadn't been convinced by his own suspicions, he was very surprised to not hear her say Conor's or James' name, or even Luca's. He sat back in his seat and exhaled deeply. "Lucy Sullivan..." he repeated, slowly nodding his head. He didn't doubt she would want to get revenge, especially after she had been shot herself, so it was entirely believable. "That's a shame. What a waste of a classy and beautiful woman," he commented. He didn't much like hurting women, but this one had killed his wife, so she was fair game. "My intention for Gianna's killer still stands. I want Lucy brought to me," he simply, but coldly told Fortuna. "It's a given that the Sullivans wouldn't hand over their own daughter, so it will need to be more creative."

Ineptitude Ineptitude Bellz Bellz

James looked towards Sinead and David as the pair danced to some lively number, then he looked back to Lucy. "I'm glad you and Sinead are having fun. There are many aspects to my role under your father's employment, but one of those I take most seriously is protecting you and your siblings. I realise guarding the house whilst you all sit in there like prisoners isn't necessarily the way to do that. Mental torture can be worse than physical, and earlier tonight I saw Sinead's mind is what needs protecting most." He smiled a little. "I guess I didn't just do it out of duty - I wanted to do something for you, too."

When Lucy asked if he wasn't much of a dancer he glanced back to the dance floor where people were energetically moving around. "Not really. Certainly not that kind of dancing and not in front of so many people," he dryly remarked. "If the music were calmer and my partner a beautiful blonde named Lucy Sullivan, then I would certainly reconsider," he flirted.
Bellz Bellz

Luca had shook his head as she told him that she didn't came to ask him to volunteer. "I never meant that, all I want is for you to be safe, I don't want you to get killed or something, after all, you're the only girl that has gotten my attention since I was a teen and I don't want you to be gone just cause of me." He told her as he sipped the drink before ordering another one. "The reason why I'm telling you to come to my apartment mostly because it's under the Sullivan district and no one besides me and a few members ever are there." Heck he had never seen a Romano close by there, after all he had a kill on sight order on them. "I have nothing to do right now, so why don't we go get important stuff that belong to you so I can take you to my place." He kept on insisting because he didn't want her to go away, but once the gang war started, that's when he was gonna find her some place to stay. After all, right now the war was just beginning and it would escalate later, so he had to everything to save the young's for a better future.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink as James' flirted with her and she brought her glass to her lips and took another short sip, finishing the drink. She set the glass on the bar counter and ordered another drink before speaking. "Oh really? I wonder how Sinead would react to that." She laughed lightly and shook her head. "But name a time and a place a maybe I could dance." She flirted in return before glancing in her sister's direction again. The music was a little fast paced for Lucy's taste as well, but she enjoyed it sometimes. However, she would much rather continue to talk then go dance like that.

Instead of getting a cocktail she was pleased when a glass of whiskey was placed in front of her. Smiling towards the bartender she nodded her head in thanks before returning to her conversation. "Now when will I be able to repay you for all the wonderful things you have done for me? Because my conscience just wouldn't be clear without me returning the favor. Maybe not in the same way but certainly there is something I can do for you." She told him taking a sip of her new drink. The taste was strong and it made Lucy smile. "You know I can't stand fruity drinks...for some reason I only like hard and dark liquors."​

Last edited:
0b0e920924df436ec4f1c22593de3392--selena-gomez-video-gemini.jpg
Alex gasped putting her hand over her heart and she feighed shock "how did you find out" she teased and then laughed "ah the alcohol is a plus" she joked before leaning over to grab the vodka. She poured a glass for conor and handed it to him before pouring herself one. She closed the lid and placed the bottle back on the bed before sitting back comfortably leaning her back against the head board of the bed, pulling her legs up slightly bent. "Well if you want to elope you just have to say it" she winked before becoming a little more serious "it is a nice idea, if only things were easy" she sighed. With Conor she felt normal and she wished it was possible to go on holidays, to not have to hide and meet in secret but that wasnt the life she had and she needed to accept that, no matter how much she didnt want to. While it seemed Alex was back to normal, she still felt quite numb inside but it was easier to act ok than to give in to her emotions
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

capture-png.317788

"Thank you," Conor said, as he accepted the glass from Alex. He then took a drink of the vodka before watching her make herself comfortable. "I'm sure you know as well as I do that eloping is not an option. I'm sure you care about your brothers and sister too much to leave them. I know I could never walk out on my family. They'd never forgive me and rightly so," he explained. His family had all been so close growing up and right now everyone seemed detached. That alone broke his heart, so to outright walk away from then would destroy him. "Perhaps when our lives have calmed down a little we could at least go on a little holiday. I've always wanted to visit Boston and New York City," he told her.

Conor glanced to Alex before shaking his head. She was broken and he didn't feel like he could even talk about why. If she spoke about her mother, he felt it would only remind her of what his own family had done. The last thing he wanted to hear was anything from her suggesting his loved ones were going to be harmed. "Come on, Alex," he softly said. He placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her in close.

James Porter

"Sinead? I suppose she'd find it amusing to see this old man dancing with her sister," James replied, noting the multiple times the girl had called him old in one night, even though he wasn't even thirty yet. "Well, there's always my place, if I can remember how to get there," he joked, being that he spent many nights sleeping in his car or crashing on the Sullivans' sofa. "I have a jukebox and plenty of fine spirits at my place, along with space to dance...." He paused as he thought of the current family troubles. "All we need is an appropriate time for it."

James smirked to himself as Lucy ordered a whiskey, something he considered a real drink. Lucy was too good to be true, he felt. When she asked him about repaying her for the things he'd done, he was taken a little by surprise. He hadn't even considered it before now. As she mentioned preferring hard liquors, he chose to respond to that in order to grant himself more thinking time. "I'm with you on that Lucy. The hard stuff is the best," he said, purposely adding a little humour to his comment by allowing himself another drink of water from his glass.

James then sighed as he decided to tackle her question. Lucy made it clear she needed to do something for him to clear her conscience, so he didn't feel he should tell her he wanted nothing. "I don't know, Lucy. I never thought about you repaying me. I've only done what I've felt was for the best. Growing up, the only family I ever had was my dad and he spent most of his time working for Emmet. Then Vinnie had my dad killed when I was 17, so I've never really had much of a family." He bit his lip as he realised he was talking about things he didn't usually share - Lucy seemed to have a natural skill for making him open up. "What I'm saying is, I can't ask for anything more from you or your family. All I can ask of you is that you don't do anything that would jeopardise your safety, because you lot are all that keeps me fighting. I'd endure Fortuna's torture over and over again if I knew it would keep you safe." Realising he was getting a little too serious, he shrugged his shoulders. "And perhaps you could repay me with a nice back massage," he teased her.

Bellz Bellz

Kate Henderson

Kate smiled as Luca reassured her about wanting her to be safe. "Oh, I don't believe that. You must have taken a shine to plenty of girls since then. You're too kind, Luca." As he explained his apartment was in Sullivan territory and probably one of the safer places for her to be, she couldn't deny it was tempting. Right now she needed to be out of the Romanos reach. Running from the city or hiding from them would be very difficult, but being somewhere with protection would be a safer bet. "I accept your offer, Luca. Thank you," she told him.

When he suggested they went to collect her belongings, she looked to the clock above the bar and quickly nodded. "That's probably a very good idea. Once midnight comes, I'm officially an enemy of Vinnie's. I doubt it'll be long before he does a number on my place and there are some things I'd quite like to salvage." She lifted her glass and quickly downed what was left of her wine, then waited for Luca to lead the way.
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy let out a laugh as he took a sip of his water. "To be fair you and the boys always get to go out an drink." She said before taking a drink from her glass as well. She shook her head slightly at the taste, but loved it all the same. With rapt interest, she listened to him talk. For as long as she could remember, James was always able to open up to her about certain things. Sure there was things that she didn't know about him, but what fun would that be if she did? Past relationships never worked out for her because most of the meant she went out with were always so...predictable. There was never really any sort of excitement in the relationship. Something unexpected. But with James, she learned something new about him all the time.

Lucy remembered his father. And she also remembered how devestated James was about his death. It felt like such a long time ago now...a decade ago. His words brought a smile to her face and she tilted her head slightly to the side and squeezed his hand gently. "Me? Reckless? Never." She teased slightly. When he said that he would be tortured over and over again for her and her family's safety her heart raced. The moment took a serious turn for a second before his voice turned teasing. Lucy rolled her eyes and laughed again. "A back massage huh? I could do that." She smiled charmingly at him. "Just collect whenever you want."

Lucy's mind suddenly thought of the meeting her mother was wanting to have. "How do you think this meeting will go?"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back