• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Noise - Interest Check

Should we use Discord for OOC and plotting?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DovahBeat

The Flame of Kamura
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
16431.gif

In 2257 AD, Earth has become a not-so-great place to live. Your grandparents, wanting a better life for their offspring, signed up for a space colonization program. They boarded the ship and started their 60+ year journey to the planet New World. On the way, they had your parents, and in time your parents had you.

Now, the First Wave Fleet has reached New World and is ready to make contact. The planet is habitable similar to Earth, back in the old days of the 20th and 21st centuries, though much less developed. It is up to you to settle on this planet and survive.

But there’s one catch.

As soon as the massive spaceship hit New World’s atmosphere, all the men could hear and see each other’s thoughts. The women, however? Silent. The hearing of one’s thoughts was dubbed “Noise,” and while women had none, men had plenty. It was also noted those elsewhere on the spectrum of gender identity had different Noise, too. It was quieter or would develop as their identity did.
a8d7d027e11bb6f38db947a280c7b0efa4e8cb62.gifv
How will these Earthen Pioneers survive when everyone can hear most of each other’s thoughts? When even the animals can hear them and you can hear them talk back?

If it wasn’t obvious, this rp is loosely based on the Chaos Walking book Trilogy by Patrick Ness. No knowledge of the trilogy is required, as this will take place before the events of the books and will definitely diverge from “canon” to the point where Chaos Walking is more just an inspiration. Please post here if you’re interested in a rp like this!!

Blaklyte Blaklyte Veil Walker Veil Walker

I’m intrigued! Curious, what’s the new planet’s lifeforms like?
There are a lot of giant gross bugs, lizardy swamp-dwelling creatures, some mammalian-esque creatures, and a lot of creatures from Earth are also being brought over, such as horses, chickens, dogs, sheep, etc.
If you want to see specific creatures or creatures from different franchises (Such as creatures from Avatar's Pandora) we can add those, too, I'm flexible!

There are a lot of giant gross bugs, lizardy swamp-dwelling creatures, some mammalian-esque creatures, and a lot of creatures from Earth are also being brought over, such as horses, chickens, dogs, sheep, etc.
If you want to see specific creatures or creatures from different franchises (Such as creatures from Avatar's Pandora) we can add those, too, I'm flexible!
Also curious, does this “Noise” allow one to control the native animals?

And how is the Noise affected by being a gay guy?

Also curious, does this “Noise” allow one to control the native animals?

And how is the Noise affected by being a gay guy?
you cannot directly control animals with Noise, but you can talk to them and you would be able to understand each other, though animals's Noise is a bit different from a human's. For instance, a squirrel's chatter could translate to cussing you out or goading you, or a dog begging for food.
You could ask an animal to do something, but they may not listen, or even care. But if you make say, a sheep dog with noise and have it try to herd sheep, the sheep will think it real until proven its not or you lose control of the noise.

as for romantic and sexual identities, those don't affect Noise. Only Gender/Gender Identity do. Hope that helps!

Super interested!
I loved this book series so much!
(The movie was okay but got some stuff wrong lol)

Super interested!
I loved this book series so much!
(The movie was okay but got some stuff wrong lol)
I still need to read the second two books, but I ended up watching the movie recently (and I agree on your stance on it lol) and it sparked inspiration on this theme and concept in me again lol. Excited for everyone's interest!

Hey there! I’m interested, but as I’m a minor I feel the need to ask if you have an age restriction?

Also the idea of a genderfluid character in this world sounds so interesting haha

I’ll be gone next week, but when I get back I’ll make a character sheet and all that!

Hey there! I’m interested, but as I’m a minor I feel the need to ask if you have an age restriction?

Also the idea of a genderfluid character in this world sounds so interesting haha
There's no age restrictions other than the site's guidelines, and I plan on keeping this in the pg range in terms of content rating (duh)
Keep in mind tho that there will be adult rpers in the rp (such as myself) and while I'm fine with rp with minors in a group if you are not that is something to consider. I will also be sure any more mature content in ooc will be monitored and safe for minors. :)

There's no age restrictions other than the site's guidelines, and I plan on keeping this in the pg range in terms of content rating (duh)
Keep in mind tho that there will be adult rpers in the rp (such as myself) and while I'm fine with rp with minors in a group if you are not that is something to consider. I will also be sure any more mature content in ooc will be monitored and safe for minors. :)

Sweet! Thank you so much for letting me know :)

holy shit, loved the book and this is genius!! sign me up

CS Thread is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back