• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Ninth Realm

GemShem

Blanket Burrito
Six schools were established in the infinite city of Nayuta. These six were prestigious magic academies, all of which had people lining up to attend. While magic was common teaching, the most powerful magic that was even slightly common was the ability to manipulate a thick liquid such as oil for hands-free writing purposes; lighter and more pure liquids such as water are more difficult to perform magic with than oil, which has more properties you can affect than water does. The six schools each teach based on different or varying principles and each is an entirely different brand of magic to the other five.

"It's getting near time for my retirement... Nine years have passed, meaning it's time to begin... Your six schools shall now fight one another."The last school to remain alive wins, and by no means shall the students leave this city of Nayuta. As you know, Nayuta was made purely of ancient magic, the strongest of defenses in the world. Escape from this fate is impossible for those students and for you my children, though living through it is a possibility for the strongest school and the best of you six. I shall observe from atop the infinite tower, and...Don't let the students think of trying to climb the tower, you know very well it's impossible. Make the announcements, you six, and let them begin the game."

Welcome one and all! The basic idea for this RP is each character belongs to one of the 6 schools, preferably we'd like around 6 people minimum and 12 maximum (2 per school). Each of the schools is pitted against one another in the hopes that their 'Principal' is the next leader of the city. (Please note that Principals are NPC's) The RP was created by not only myself but also the lovely @PoisonousCupcake

The six schools are as follows:

Blazing Sun = Red

Silent Storms = Green

Cross-Light = Yellow

Snowfall = Blue

Philosopher's Stone = Brown

Dark Arts = Purple

Here are the basic summaries of what each school of magic teaches and what abilities they can basically use. Preferably we'd like at least one from each school.

Blazing Sun

Those who study the arts of the Blazing Sun schools usually specialize in either one of the two sub-types, Fire or Magma. Fire allows the users to manipulate flames as well as create their own, breathing fire is a capability however is not encouraged, the main points for the production of such flames are generally the hands and feet.

Magma users take raw materials and melt them into magma-like substances, they can manipulate these melted forms to a degree, although the task is a little harder with one user. Two for example may be able to shoot magma across the room in smaller, more precise doses. As one would expect, touching these melted materials will quite literally burn one's skin off within mere seconds.

Silent Storms

Users of the Silent Storms are able to manipulate the air around them, the two sub-types are Wind and Silent Step. Wind allows the magic user to fling small projectiles at their enemies as well as short bursts of focused and pressurized air that can be used to injure their targets.

Silent Step users are able to use this magic to make their own bodies much lighter and faster, as a result they are almost silent and Silent Step is generally used to enhance physical combat rather than focusing solely on damage inflicted via magic.

Cross-Light

These magic users usually use either Energy or Holy Arts as their sub-types. Energy magic focuses on any energy source, the user draws energy out of anything that produces said energy and they can use it to increase speed, strength and other abilities which causes the user to resemble something near inhuman. Another advantage to the Energy sub-type is that the energy drawn can be transformed into electricity or even created through the user themselves.

Holy Arts focuses on 'light' magic used for positive purposes. However Holy Arts doesn't only teach healing but offensive techniques as well.

Snowfall

The two sub-types of Snowfall users is Water and Ice. Though simple sounding they are far from it, Water users are capable of manipulating not only water itself but various liquids, giving these liquids shape, form and motion. Water can be taken from the air itself although this is mainly due to higher humidity levels in certain areas and can become increasingly difficult in drier areas. Using the right amount of pressure or speed, Water can not only be used to drown or incapacitate an opponent but also injure them using pressurized liquids. (Note that Water users cannot control anything created or manipulated by
Magma users)

Ice users can not only freeze objects within mere seconds but can also cause them to thaw just as quickly. Examples might be freezing objects and using them as weapons or creating frozen projectiles out of poisonous liquids with are then thawed after making contact with the target.

Philosopher's Stone

Those who train within the school of Philosopher's Stone have the choice of Earth or Seismic Waves. Earth users can control the ground beneath your feet, they manipulate it and Earth magic is generally regarded as the best when it comes to defense but much weaker in terms of offensive magic.

Seismic Waves use energy that can tear through various materials and is more offensive to it's Earth partner. It focuses on disrupting the magical energy of the user's opponent and can nullify the target's energy as well as injure them. Injuries are usually precise strikes that attack the target internally usually causing some sort of internal wound that if severe enough can disrupt the flow of magical energy.

Dark Arts

The Dark Arts school is one normally shunned due to it's split nature and the lack of knowledge of others. Poisonous Illusions and Necromancy are split rather evenly and war with one another on occasion. Poisonous Illusions focuses on probing the minds of the user's opponent and manifesting their fears or desires as images or feelings used to taunt or manipulate their target, the illusions are increasingly poisonous the longer they are maintained. Some objects, generally infused with potent poisons can be masked by illusions and targets can be tricked to consume or touch them, usually leading to death.

Necromancy, despite it's misconceptions, actually involves 'golems'. These creatures are inanimate objects that are manipulated and controlled like puppets and have some level of magical resistance. The higher level the Necromancer, the more golems or stronger golems can be maintained at a time, depending on the materials the golems are created from they can take more beatings or even become infused with magical abilities or stronger magical resistance, these however, are much harder to control.

Each of the sub-types for each magic class has a forbidden spell that can only be used on rare occasions, (note that the times these spells can become an option will be specified by myself, @PoisonousCupcake ) if used beforehand the designated NPC (Father Zoro) can and will punish your character as a result. Each of these spells is forbidden for a reason and all have a major drawback as a result. These will be specified further in the RP itself.

If you have any questions feel free to ask below or in a PM to myself or @PoisonousCupcake we'd be happy to answer ^^

Slots are as follows - We'd like to keep things as balanced as possible so choosing different magic classes to everyone else is really most preferable. Once the first six have been filled then you can apply for the same as someone else and so on.

Blazing Sun #1

Silent Storms #1 @BLUR

Cross-Light #1 @Harbinger

Snowfall #1 @Bandages

Philosopher's Stone #1 @Altheaire

Dark Arts #1

Please let me know if anyone changes their minds or anything similar ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead ^^

Err, I mean, yeah, we'll write that down somewhere. I kinda forgot this is an interest check ^^"

Ah, it would be preferred you choose another magic to go with, as we would prefer to keep the numbers for each school as balanced as possible.

Ack! I'll have someone from Snowfall then. Water/liquid manipulation sounds pretty exciting too.

Alright! We'll put that down somewhere, so that position is yours.

Ah, just head on to the main thread, see if it's available, and i so create your character. (please note that mine, Gemmy's, and PoiPoi's characters don't count toward the six/twelve slots listed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back