• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕗𝕖𝕝𝕝 -- a powers rp (open!)

Characters
Here
TANIS KETTERING​

Tanis shrugged.

The ride passed in silence for a bit, at least partially because Tanis was not currently practicing mindfulness. Instead, she was piecing together this puzzle in her head.

She was not the only person who had seen the stars and gotten powers in the aftermath- Cosmo was proof of that. The odds that her and her best friend in the whole god-damned world were the only ones to get powers seemed entirely improbable, especially given the weird shit at the party and the storm they were still driving through.

From there, it wasn’t a hard leap to make that something had happened- Tanis’s powers had never done that, and if what Cosmo was telling her was right, neither had Cosmo’s.

She didn’t know much about their powers, but it didn’t seem a far jump to assume that, tonight, something had begun.

She heard Cosmo’s seatbelt buckle, and she blinked as they punched the steering wheel. She couldn’t help but laugh, mood immediately lightened by their outlook.

She turned to face them fully, chin resting in her hand as they raised they’re question. “Of course, Cosmo.” She quieted for a moment, looking past Cosmo into nothing. “You’re probably right, though. That’s actually what I’m thinking about.” She paused, gathering her words as she frowned.

Finally, looking straight at them, she said, “It’s kind of weird how that all happened at once, isn’t it? The lights, the storm… our shit?”

Lex Delgado

Electrokinesis

Lex frowed at Atti with watery eyes, realizing his failure to clarify his idea and the general insanity of said idea would do nothing but elicit more judgement from him. He wiped his eyes, knowing it was for the best that Atti didn't know about his powers. What sane person would believe a word he said anyway? "Yeah, I guess," he replied, resigning to not elaborate on the truth he was trying to tell. He sat silently as his new acquaintance walked away. Well, hopefully by then they were friends, bonded after one really shitty night. Lex could only hope, as making friends wasn't the easiest for him. He knew he was indebted to the boy after he had to be dragged out of that disaster of a party, but couldn't find the words to at least thank him properly. Too bad there are no greeting cards for this stuff.

He was relieved to hear Eve wasn't mad at him for puking on the bathroom floor, although he was more concerned with Rory finding out. That girl's bad side was definitely a place he preferred to stay out of. Eve seemed to have his back, though, as she always did. He probably also owed her a pretty considerable thanks... and an apology. Well, Atti could have used an apology too. Lex settled on sorting that out later, as he had already gone through enough emotions for the rest of his life that night. He'd also had enough alcohol in his system to satisfy him for months. He followed Eve up the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. He didn't feel quite so intoxicated compared to how he was leaving the party and the beginning of his unpleasant bathroom cry session. Nevertheless, it was still enough to make him worry about falling down the stairs. A shortage of worries was never a problem for the hapless teenage boy.

He turned on the shower and waited for the water to heat up, relishing his first solitary, silent moment in hours. He looked at himself in the mirror one last time, a scowl forming on his worn, tear-streaked face. How could I let it get this bad? Sick of staring at his miserable reflection, he moved on to take a shower. After his shower, the once-filthy boy was filled with a newfound sense of relief. He lingered in the bathroom for a few extra minutes after changing into the comfy clothes Eve had provided him with. That girl really deserved an award. Lex began to wonder what things would have been like if he'd been alone with Atti at the party. Fletcher, too. What did Alex even say to him?

Eventually sick of standing, sitting, and laying down in bathrooms for the day, he exited the bathroom and headed down the hall. He felt guilty for occupying everyone's attention in his sick, emotional state the entire night, so he took a seat on the floor in the hallway to leave the others to do what they wanted. Obviously, he knew there were better places to sit. At that moment, however, the middle of the hall seemed like the ideal location to set up camp and scroll through social media. Jessie DM'ed me? No thank you, ma'am. I'm done crying for the night.
rory's house
clean n serene
comfy clothes
mogy mogy (Atti) beeswaxie beeswaxie (Eve)
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Interactions:
Aria Winona Winona , Oliver fin fin
Mentions:
Ricky fin fin

Angela and Alexander Cariou

Alex could barely hide his wince as Aria's glowing hands started inspecting his face. The memory of a ball of pure light knocking Fletcher back still fresh in his mind reminded her of what her powers were truly capable of. How harmful attacks translated into healing abilities, he didn't know. Then again, he'd stopped trying to understand anything that was going on the second the lights had gone out in the party.

"Eh, he's just jealous coach likes me more." he chuckled, sighing in relief as some of the pain in his nose dissipated. Despite being in the same team, going to many of the same classes, and being friends with his sister, Alex didn't know much about Fletcher. Other than everyone thought he was "cool" and mysterious. He didn't dislike him, at least not until he'd broken his nose, just kept his distance and never antagonised him. At least, never enough to warrant starting the fight.

"When you started doing your... thing," his eyes opened momentarily, darting down to where her glowing hands were working on his face before promptly shutting them. Tighter this time, to protect from the glow. "I thought you were in trouble, so I ran to help you. It was dark... really dark. I bumped into Fletcher and he went insane." In hindsight, punching Fletcher back instead of trying to leave the fight hadn't been one of his brightest ideas. He hated the idea of loosing control, especially to the point his irresponsibility hurt others. No matter who they were. "I don't know what came over me. I just... started punching back. At some point I even thought of trying to break his arm! I don't... I'm not like that. Ever." He'd even left Ricky behind. Some best friend he was.

The pain in his face was completely gone by the time the bus arrived. Astounded, Alex checked his reflection on one of the vehicle's windows. The image was faint, and his face was still bloody, but he could see some general improvement to the slight crookedness of his nose and multiple bruises. He couldn't stop marvelling at what she'd done even after they'd entered the mostly empty bus and sat down, getting a few weird looks from the driver and the elderly couple in the front.

"You're a genius!" his excitement had gotten the better of him, not realising that it would be better to speak about Aria's skills in a lower volume. "I didn't know you could do that! I mean, healing's much better than knocking Fletcher down, right?" It was the first time he'd ever seen someone's powers being used for good. Could anyone with abilities do that? Maybe giving people powers wasn't such a bad thing after all, as long as they were going to the right people. "I haven't thanked you for that. Uh, thank you. That fight could've gotten ugly. Well, ugly-er. Monday's practice is going to be awkward."

Angie absent-mindedly moved her cup around, watching with narrowed eyes as the liquid swirled around the glass. She couldn't - wouldn't admit defeat. Especially not with Oliver's condescending "I-told-you-so" attitude. As mad as she was at him, though, she knew most of the blame landed on her shoulders. She had been warned. Only choosing to ignore her friend's wishes for what, a costume contest that was rigged against her from the beginning and the chance to get some Instagram pictures wearing the Medusa makeup she'd been perfecting since the start of the month? It was hard to justify that, even for her.

"Well, forgiiive me for trying to have some fun, Oliver. Maybe you should try it next time, if you're not too busy sabotaging parties and putting everyone at risk." She sat up straighter, taking his elegant jacket and carelessly throwing it in the empty space next to him. She was still cold, but she'd shown enough weakness for one night and didn't need some rich kid's million dollar jacket as a reminder of the night's catastrophic snowstorm. She brought one hand to her wet braids, now cascading down her back after being her elaborate bun had come undone. Only for her hand to come back tainted green and silver. The cheap corner store hair dye was clearly not fit to survive exposure to snow. She shuddered to think what the rest of her looked, green skin and smudged makeup was far from chic.

"People like me, you mean," Angie retorted. Those few who she'd told about her powers knew exactly how she'd been using her abilities to swindle others from their precious money (Oliver included, but some details were best left unsaid). "Don't play with me, Oliver. You know exactly what I'm using my powers for. I know most people wouldn't take my career choice with the highest regard. And I very much have the power to do a lot worse than sing in lounges for a couple of tips." She took a sip of her wine, only barely managing to hide the look of disgust as she drank the rich liquid for the first time. It was sweeter than she'd imagined, nothing like the dry, burning liquids she was used to. "Sounds to me like I'm already a target, whether we like it or not. Tell me, Oliver, how can I be sure you and your... associates won't come after me next? How can I know you're not taking me to them right now?"

Then it struck her. Whoever Oliver was working with, or for, was going after people with powers. People they deemed unworthy of such abilities. She was worthy, that she was sure of. Morally correct? Debatable. But worthy. People like Aria though, those who were insufferable enough before the night the stars fell, weren't. The sheer thought of her classmates having abilities being blessed with such privilege made her skin crawl. Was a group capable of taking those idiots out of the equation really one she wanted to antagonise? Besides, by having an inside look into whoever had caused the chaos she could make sure that what was targeting others wouldn't hurt her as well.

"The way I see it," she drawled out, crossing her legs and taking a more confident drink, "I'm already involved. As is everyone who went to that party. And I would just feel so much safer if I knew more about who exactly we're dealing with. See if we like each other. You know better than anyone how good I am at choosing my friends, Ollie. Maybe we can come to a more than beneficial agreement."

code by fudgecakez

ALAINA HANSEN

darkness manipulation

mood

"wtffff"

At the party

tags

Ricky ( fin fin )

Perhaps if Lanie had known what exactly was going to happen at this party, she probably would have stayed home. Letting her powers run rampant at a high school Halloween party was not on her bucket list, that was for sure. One minute, Lanie was standing there with Angie chatting about their costumes and the contest, and the next, all hell broke loose. They'd made it to the kitchen when the lights went dark, popping out one by one. A horrified scream filled the air, and the room was pitch black except for two lights coming from... Aria?

Alaina couldn't tell, but those lights were the least of her worries. As if the room wasn't dark enough, she could feel the smoke coming from her fingertips, so that even if the lights were to come back on, no one would be able to see. She heard laughter, but it almost didn't sound human. Lanie looked around wildly, trying to figure out what it was, when she spotted two glowing eyes in the corner, up in the ceiling.

She gasped and stumbled backwards, tumbling over someone and onto the ground. The air left her body, and her brain couldn't keep up with everything that was happening. There were so many sounds: people trying to flee, people fighting, screaming, yelling over each other. Lanie just backed up, trying to wave the smoke away from in front of her out of habit even though the room was still dark anyway. The smoke seeping from her fingers was spreading rapidly, even to other rooms of the house and outside.

"Alaina, can you hear me? Follow my voice..."

Ricky? Her head jerked up, and she realized she was still on the floor. Pushing herself up, she tried to locate him, even squinting some, trying to get her eyes to adjust to the darkness. "Ricky!" Her saving grace, her Ricky... though no one knew about them, right now she didn't care. "I hear you!" She called back, struggling to make her voice be heard over everyone elses.

No time to be nice anymore. She pushed forward, planning on moving through people until she found Ricky, but someone (she hoped accidentally) shoved her and she fell forward, hitting her head on something. The counter, an open cabinet, she wasn't sure. Either way, she cried out in pain as the sharp edge of whatever it was cut into her forehead, the new wound stinging and burning.

A little disoriented, she groaned and turned around. "Ricky!" Yelling again, her voice slightly weaker this time, she placed her hand out in front of her but that wasn't helping. When she ran into someone, a frightened shriek left her lips but she turned towards them, reaching out to touch them. "Ricky? Is that you?"

Dq3xsk-XcAAChgt.jpg

coded by weldherwings.

eve brooks

mood UNO!!!

location Rory's

tag fletcher hery hery , atti mogy mogy , rory jasmyn jasmyn

outfit comfy clothes: x
A wide grin appeared on Eve's face as soon as Atti suggested some UNO. She was glad that he was feeling better than how he was earlier. She couldn't help but feel terrible for his paleness and frightened look at the time, and seeing him suggest one of the greatest games ever invented was great. It was one of those games she always would beg her family to play, but they always told her no, not now. As much as Eve didn't want to admit, part of her was still a big child. She greatly enjoyed playing board games and card games, except now sometimes she'd add a little bit of alcohol to the mixture. Eve's blue eyes glittered as she leaned back into the Recliner and took a sip of her cocktail. "Hell. Yes. We are playing UNO." She announced, taking no objections. She glanced over to Fletcher who was sipping a beer and eyeing the recliner the weather girl was currently resting in.

"Only issue... I have the cards in my car in the glove box. And I'm not getting up and letting Fletcher still my chair." Normally Eve would never just call out Fletcher like that, not since she'd started getting butterflies every time she passed him in school during the hall or seeing him walk in during math class. However, the drink in her hand easily slipped down her throat and loosened her inhibitions. Despite having not drank a lot, Eve wasn't exactly a big drinker so 2 shots were enough to get just being over a little tipsy and enough for the words to slide out of her mouth without any afterthought. Her eyes watched Fletcher carefully, giving him a false look of suspicion. With this look, she took advantage and checked out his outfit, noting to herself that the clothes she bought him didn't look too shabby. Before she stared a tad bit too long, her eyes returned to her drink.

"So who wants to grab the UNO cards?" She asked, quirking her eyebrow. In turn, she swore she could've heard crickets. Everyone stared at her blankly, eyes voicing different synonyms of 'nope, not going to.' Giving a heavy sigh, Eve carefully got up, her eyes shooting icicles towards Fletcher.

"Fletch if you even think about going for my chair, I will have you castrated." Her voice was laced with fake venom, giving a cheery smile before prancing off to go to her car. It was an odd threat, she had to admit, but the liquid that warmed her insides was speaking for her and she had no control over it. As she moved opened the door, a chill moved through her, reminding her of the sobering reality of what happened. Her powers were real. They weren't some kind of sick joke, and Rory had powers too. Something was fucked up and all she was doing was trying to drink away her memories. How mature. She rolled her eyes at herself. Tonight was not the night where she was the smartest kid in school or some girl with weird powers that could control the weather. No, instead, tonight she would be just some 16 year old with a crush on some guy who moved over during Summer. The least she could do was pretend. As she returned with the UNO cards, her eyes immediately jumped to the recliner where Fletcher had obviously taken camp to. Should've known better.

"Fletcher, if you don't move.." She warned, holding the pack of UNO cards threateningly towards him. "I swear you're going to regret it."

coded by weldherwings.

Fletcher Hayes

No Powers
Fletcher smiled softly. Everything about this girl defied his presumptions about the people he attended high school with. He had never thought of her past being his stubborn math tutor, but truthfully, she was actually a little amusing to him. It was also considerably easier to loosen up around Eve when she wasn't scolding him about integrals. "Alright, alright, I'll be back." He grabbed the clothes and the bloodied shirt he had removed, making his way to the laundry room. He shut the door and changed quickly, realizing he was could probably use a shower. At this point, he was too tired to care how dirty he was. His drowsiness felt almost too persistent, as by now he would usually be too distracted by drinking and games to care. Whatever happened in that kitchen had left him completely drained.

He returned to the living room and sat on the couch, then took another drink of his beer. Uno? Really? Who is this guy, anyway? The beaten up boy hadn't noticed him on the car ride back in his dazed state. He assumed he was just another one of Eve's friends, as he didn't know much about the girl's social life. He had the idea that she had no friends considering she spent so much time watching his football practices after school. Fletcher didn't offer much resistance to playing Uno, more focused on numbing the stinging pain around his eye with alcohol. He had been eyeing the recliner Eve was in since he sat down, wishing Rory had initially thrown him onto there instead of the couch when they first got home.

He chuckled at the mention of his longing to fall asleep on the throne that was the recliner Eve lay claim to, somewhat caught off guard to have been so blatantly called out. He shot a playful glare in her direction, silently challenging her for the chair. Is she already tipsy? Didn't take her for much of a partying type... He could have sworn he had just caught her staring, but it was so brief that he disregarded the notion.

Of course, he rushed to grab a second beer and then to the recliner as soon as Eve turned her back. Yeah, she's definitely not sober. As if you could trust Rory to guard a recliner from me. He grinned cheekily and spread his arms out, his left hand holding his drink. "Yeah, beat up the guy with the black eye. Be my guest."
rory's house
fistfight #2?
just clothes, man
beeswaxie beeswaxie (Eve) jasmyn jasmyn (Rory) mogy mogy (Atti)
coded by natasha.

"i'm normal."

"It was a risk you wouldn't have had to take if you'd just stayed out of it." Oliver said nonchalantly. His eyes were diverted from Angela, having removed the first-aid kit from it's compartment and begun bandaging his wounded left hand. With a glance upwards, Oliver caught site of Angela tossing his jacket suit like just any blanket, and tightened his jaw in annoyance. She'd been lucky that he even thought of blanketing her following the revelation of a teen with snow-like abilities, and instead she tossed his good Samaritan gesture aside? Not to talk of the expenses that'd go into dry-cleaning a jacket like that with green makeup all over it. "Noted, Miss Cairou. Noted."

"The fact that you even doubt me right now is equally unnerving, Angela. After all our endeavors, I always thought we'd be past this." Oliver's voice was calm, and collected as usual, yet especially for someone as close to him as Angela, she'd definitely have sensed the hurt in his tone. Not that he'd reveal it any more. She surely wouldn't let him hear the end of that.

"If you query me on where my loyalties lie, Angie, I'll have you thrown out of my limousine." Oliver's eyes finally set up on Angela, the second time throughout their conversation as he'd finished bandaging his hand. A subtle smirk creased into his lips at his own words though, dark brown eyes prying into Angela's soul... yearning to dig through her series of faux facades, and acting to see her true reaction to his words. It was a bluff, but sometimes the back and forth between Oliver and Angela seemed more hateful than loving. That was just how they paired, after all. With a set of two strong, and powerful personalities tension was inevitable. Oliver had come to know that, and enjoy it when it came to venting his own anger towards his best friend. When the chips were down, he'd move mountains for Angela, but right now, she was only acting a nuisance.

"The people I'm dealing with are unlike anyone you've charmed at the lounge. It truly is a matter of life and death, and I'd rather discuss this later... Once you've showered and dressed yourself-- in anything besides green. The wet makeup and hair is starting to make your appearance more swamp-like. I assumed Medusa would've been sexy." Oliver took another sip of his sweet, red wine.

mood feeling petty

location roche family limousine

tag(s) angela, fancries1 fancries1

mention(s) not applicable

outfit really just an excuse to show up in a tux

coded by weldherwings.

"i explode shit."

Ricky found himself squinting his eyes as tight as he possibly could. The darkness had consumed Alaina's silhouette, and he could only assumed she'd gotten lost in the chaos of things. He had to find her, before things went even deeper into shit.

"Ricky!" A familiar voice in the darkness called out. It was Alaina's voice. She'd heard him, and she was coming to him. But then she didn't. The sound of footsteps nearing him ceased, instantly followed by the crashing sound of objects colliding. "Alaina!" Ricky yelled out, and with his arms outstretched, he raced towards the origin of the noise. His charge into the darkness didn't cease, and in spite of his own fears, Ricky was fueled purely by his will to find Alaina, and escape the shit-show. It was when his foot had gotten caught on something--someone in the dark that Ricky's charge had finally came to a stop, one in which was accompanied by Alaina's gentle voice that questioning him.

Ricky quickly dropped onto a knee, and instinctively pulled her into a passionate embrace. "It's me, I'm here, Lanie." He said through his rapid breathing. With gentle hands, Ricky parted the hair over Alaina's face, and brought his lips into a soft peck on her forehead. The taste of metal was what had thrown him off though. "You're hurt-- I... I should've been there. Stay put." He ordered, and the discovered information spurred him to pat down and search Alaina for any other injuries.

"We'll get you patched up. But right now we've got to get out of here. We always make it out, don't we?" Ricky said softly, and with a smile. They'd narrowly hidden multiple times over from Cade, and Aria, or conjured up reasons on the fly for why Alaina arrived home late with bruises on her neck. This would be a walk in the park for the pair.

Ricky's arm swooped beneath Alaina's legs, the other towards her upper back. With a coarse groan, he was upright with her in his arms and facing the direction they'd initially arrived in. "Arms around my neck, tuck your feet in, and keep your head in my chest. Whatever you do, don't look out." He'd never been the overprotective, or bossy lover per se, yet in a situation with so many odds and variables, Ricky didn't feel comfortable leaving any room for error. His only focus was to get Alaina home safe, and his inclination was so strong he'd even managed to suppress the charging feeling in his fingers. She was his baby, and getting her out safe was the only thing on his mind.

Ricky trudged through Kash's home, and pushed past the ocean of other students vying for a way out. After a series of glares, explicit language, and toes crushed under his wheat-coloured boots, Ricky'd finally escaped the hub of all the mayhem with Alaina in his arms, and a thin layer of snow over his head. Even outside, he made sure to bring her over to his car, where he finally placed her easy onto the sidewalk and left her wrapped in the leather jacket of his costume. With the single street light illuminating the both of them, Ricky's eyes could only fix themselves onto the cut on Alaina's forehead, not to talk of the rip in her costume likely from the fall, or the underlying conversation that needed to be had concerning a certain set of extraordinary abilities.

"Let me take you to Aunt Kelsie's clinic. Have a look at your cut, and fix you up?" Sure, Kelsie was a veterinarian, but Ricky surely didn't want himself, or Alaina involved in the inevitable police investigation that'd have been sparked by such a freak party. His puppy dog eyes only drifted over Alaina's features, somber and empathetic in just what might be going through her head. "And y'know, talk about whatever happened in there..." Fuck, he hated sounding nervous around Alaina. But gosh, when he wasn't high on adrenaline, his knees went queasy in front of her.

mood concerned, afraid, anxious

location kash's house, halloween party

tag(s) alaina, apolla apolla

mention(s) not applicable

outfit stay gold, ponyboy

coded by weldherwings.

Poppy

Mood: Miserable

Interaction: N/A

Poppy moved as if she was in a dream. She wandered around the bottom floor of the wrecked house, pushing past groups of wide eyed teens, illuminated briefly by phone flashlights or dim Halloween themed string lights. Poppy passed by them like smoke, she wasn't even sure if she was touching them. She wasn't sure if it was the cold or the events that took place but she felt weak as a kitten. She was only half aware of the lack of guests at the party. Most everyone had evacuated already and only the wounded and dazed were left. Poppy was fitting right in. The girl leaned heavily against the door frame of the kitchen. she just needed to catch her breath for a second, then she would try to find her stuff. It was about time to-

-Poppy shivered against the bitter October wind. She wrapped her arms around herself tighter. She blinked in surprise and looked around in confusion. She was standing outside under a streetlight, wearing the remains of her dress and carrying one shoe. Her hair whipped around her face in the wind. Her thin socks were soaked with the melted snow that appeared outside Kash's house. Her mouth tasted sour and her head felt like it was in a vice. Poppy figured she must have blacked out since she still felt like death and couldn't remember leaving the party. Where was her friends? did she even check on them? Did the police show up? Did that nightmare really happen? she thought, visions of being torn apart and scattered to the wind bubbled to the surface of her mind. She shook her head as if that would dislodge the memory that was causing panic to rise in her chest. Another bout of violent shivers caused her to start moving again, she needed to get home or she would be found by the milkman in the morning.

She didn't have to wait at the cold, dark bus stop for long. The first stroke of luck of the night Poppy had the bus pull up a few minutes after she sat down on the metal bench. She hopped aboard quickly and flashed the scanner her city bus pass celo-taped to the back of her phone case. The machine chimed happily and Poppy took a seat on the mostly empty bus near the front. She had to ride across town to get to her place but that was fine, it gave her an opportunity to decompress and take inventory. It seemed that Blackout Poppy merely located her dress and phone and bailed. She was missing her backpack, all of her accessories for her costume, and worst of all, her cigarettes. A quick memory of an impossible amount of smoke pouring from her mouth made her stomach flip and made her more grateful she didn't have them. Poppy settled back in the seat and watched the dark city go by.

Tags:
ditto ditto
code by @fudgecakez
Connor
Okay god what was Connor supposed to do? He looked down at Sam as he started talking. Car keys? Okay, okay, good. He hesitated after they had made it out of the house, but there was nowhere that wasn't blanketed in a thick layer of snow.

"Sorry," he mumbled as he set the boy down in the snow, patting him down before he managed to find the car keys and pull them out. He pressed the unlock button, his gaze scanning up and down the row of cars until he saw the blinking lights of what he assumed was Sam's ride. A breath of relief escaped his lips as he scooped Sam back up and headed for the car.

So Connor laid Sam down in the backseat before heading around to the driver's seat where he then sat, staring at the steering wheel. The adrenaline of just trying to get the fuck out of the house had faded and now Connor was trying to piece together exactly what he should do now. Where he should go.

He glanced in the rear view mirror. Sam probably needed the hospital.

Pulling his seat belt on, Connor pulled out into the road.

code by @fudgecakez
Aria
The weirdest part about this... whatever it was that she could do with her hands now was that the healing had come so much easier to her than trying to shoot things. Which, for Aria, was a bit of a disappointment. Not that she wasn't happy that she was able to fix Alex's face and relieve some of the pain, but well... look, she really, really wanted to be able to blast people with balls of light and do more than just knock them off their feet like she had to Fletcher. Hell, the stupid ball of light hadn't even injured him.

Look, she didn't want to injure her classmates, but it would be nice if her light could do something a little more damaging than what they had been doing so far. Just knocking someone over? Yeah, no, there was absolutely no fun in that. Instead, she could heal and everyone knew that the healer was the least cool in any movie about powers.

Aria was not a soft person. Aria was a selfish individual, but when Alex mentioned that he was trying to come to help her... She didn't know what to say. It was weird to her. To think that on this one night, the hardest night of her short life, someone had been thinking about her. And what she had been thinking of? Nothing but herself.

"You were just defending yourself." She pointed out. "I don't think you were wrong for punching him back, and he looked like... I don't know. Fletcher was acting like he wanted to seriously hurt you." It had scared her, but she wouldn't admit that aloud. She wouldn't admit that she had shot Fletcher out of fear of what he might do to Alex. "Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's over now. And I've always wanted to hit Fletcher, so there's that." Aria added with a bit of a grin.

Aria was glad that by time the bus had pulled up, the glow in her hands had died away and now, she could pass as any other normal... every day blonde teenager. She followed Alex onto the bus, her gaze glancing at the driver and the elderly couple for a moment before following Alex to the very back. Aria slid down in the seat beside him and crossed her arms over her chest. She looked over at him as he started talking about what had happened, a faint smile crossing her lips. Aria was exhausted after fixing his face as much as she could. It still looked rough, but it was a general improvement. She wondered... could she do more if she had tried for longer?

Aria let out a laugh -- the first time that night, or at least the first laugh that felt genuine. "I don't think I'm a genius, but thank you." She glanced back towards the front of the bus, a little worried that they might hear what Alex was talking about, but no one seemed to be paying much attention. That was good. She turned her attention back to Alex, still smiling. "I didn't know I could do that, either." She admitted and hesitated for a moment. "I guess... healing is cool but, I think it would be more fun to knock people down."

She looked away from him when he thanked her. In a way, it was kind of her fault, right? The lights had gone out because of her. Alex had shoved Fletcher on his way to her. And yeah, that was barely any of it, but maybe Aria still felt at least a little bit guilty. Instead of saying anything about the apology, she just shrugged her shoulders before looking back at Alex.

"Are you sure Angie is gonna let me stay the night?" She asked, her teeth biting into her bottom lip nervously as she asked. "I mean, she hates me. A lot. And there's other places I can probably go and stay. I don't want to start an argument between you guys or something."

eve brooks

mood UNO!!!

location Rory's

tag Fletcher hery hery , Atti mogy mogy , Rory jasmyn jasmyn , Aria Winona Winona , Alex fancries1 fancries1

outfit comfy clothes: x
Eve huffed and crossed her arms and gave a dramatic roll of the eyes. While he did make a good point, he was clearly unaware of extremely weak skills of fighting. He could be on the verge of death and still have the ability to fling her across the room. Her weakness was extraordinary but there was no way in Hell she was going to let him know that she couldn't actually fight. Before she could respond with another empty threat to maybe scare him off, her phone dinged. Curious, she moved her attention away from the throne stealer to her phone, raising her eyebrows. Aria has messaged her publically on twitter, asking if she could crash. Shrugging, Eve tweeted back, 'Sure' and suddenly another ding appeared. Instead of Aria, it was Alex asking the same. Before Eve could even think of a response, another ding sounded.

'Absolutely not.' Eve's eyes immediately jumped to Fletcher who was staring down at his phone, evidently on twitter. He and Alex bounced back and forth until Fletcher finally agreed. 'Sure, the more the merrier, but we've only got 3 guest bedrooms so first come first. 1 of them is already taken by Atti and I'm sure Lex has claimed the other one' Eve tweeted out. It was a long tweet, but it was true. While the house was certainly big, it didn't have endless space. Alex and Aria agreed and came up with an arrangement that worked out. Eve was about to happily put her phone down until Fletcher dared to send another.

'bring barbecue chips, eve didn't get any.' Her eyes immediately glared at the man who had stolen her bed, her throne, her joy in life. "Excuse me?" She asked out loud, raising eyebrows around her. "Fletcher, there are chips in the kitchen." She placed her hands on her hips, her eyes gesturing to the kitchen. Fletcher crossed his arms back at her mockingly.

"Eve my dear, please bring me the chips from the kitchen, I unfortunately cannot leave my post." As he said the word 'dear', Eve's heart fluttered a little. She knew it was silly, after all, he was just making fun of her and was not serious in the slightest. But man did her emotions run high with a drink in her veins. Hoping her feelings weren't showing in her face, she rolled her eyes.

"If you want them, go get them, dear." She threw back at him, proud of herself for the comeback. Fletcher groaned and stretched a little, looking too comfortable in the chair.

"If you bring me the chips, I'll reconsider keeping the chair." He offered, which took Eve by surprise. She never took Fletch for a man who would might compromise.

"Hmm, okay." Eve grinned devilishly. She disappeared into the kitchen, bring back only two chips. "Here's your chips." She offered, holding them in her palm. Her gave her a face of clear annoyance before giving an angry sigh.

"Okay okay, If I get out of the chair, I get ALL chips and you have to defend me the next time everyone comes for me on twitter... or anywhere." He sounded defeated, clearly having more love for chips than his own ego. Eve simply grinned, agreeing to the deal and taking place in the chair as soon as he left. Comfortable in her chair, the group continued with UNO.

coded by weldherwings.

Interactions:
Aria Winona Winona , Oliver fin fin

Angela and Alexander Cariou ✦​

"Please, Ollie. If I didn't trust you I would've charmed you the second you took off those earpieces." Replied Angela, slightly taken back by her friend's remarks. He wouldn't seriously consider throwing her out, would he? Not after all the trouble he'd gone through to make sure she was safe. Had she been rescued by a stranger, there was no doubt in her mind she would've used her powers on him already, regardless of the good intention behind the rescue. Not Oliver, though. Not the one person she trusted enough to tell about her powers. Her gaze held firm for as long as possible, before she started fidgeting with the limousine's many amenities to have an excuse to look anywhere but her friend's eyes. She was too tired to continue playing games. Was clarity too much to ask for?

"I know where your loyalties stand, it's your associates I mistrust," she was playing with the limo's phone now. Why would a limo have a phone? Did it work like a normal one? Or was it just to call the driver? It took her a good couple of seconds to remember she was in the midst of a conversation she had to continue. "Ollie, pretend you're me for a second. Your best friend takes you out of a collapsing house, brings you to a limo and tells you he's working with a group that targets people with powers. Granted, I believe many people don't deserve said powers, but they are going after people with powers nonetheless. You wouldn't be at least a bit cautious?" The thought of waiting until they arrived at the hotel I'm on your side, Ollie, I always will be. But I need to know what I- what we are getting into."

Despite their constant and usual disagreements, the atmosphere between the two friends was rarely as dense as it was in the limo. She shifted a bit in her seat, clearly in discomfort, as she waited for the merciful moment when they would arrive to their destination. The atmosphere did, however, lighten a bit when he mentioned her disheveled appearance. For the first time in what seemed like forever, Angie let out a hefty laugh.

"Medusa was sexy, you jackass," despite the insult, it was clear she was joking. She pointed a finger at her cleavage. Which, despite the green, still proved her point. Coincidentally, her phone started buzzing from within the depths of said cleavage as she brought attention to it. It was quickly pulled out from their holding place, with Angie giving him a well-where-did-you-expect-me-to-put-it shrug before checking for the identity of the caller. Unsurprisingly, it was none other than her brother. Most likely over his Aria-trance enough to remember that he did, in fact, have a sister. "Sexiest costume at the party, thank you very much. Except maybe Jessie. But she's a slut, so it doesn't count. Really, would it have killed your associates to make everyone go insane after the costume contest?" Angie continued before answering her brothers call. Her nostrils flared and her hand grasped her phone more tightly, almost as if she was trying to break it. With what little composure she had left, she turned to her friend and pointed her free hand at the discarded earplugs.

"You might want to put those on," was all that was said, before she started shouting every curse word and threat imaginable at Alex.

------------------------------------------------------------

In hindsight, he really should've seen that coming.

The rest of the bus ride had been spent in calming silence. Something that was unusual for someone as chatty and amiable as Alex, especially when he was with someone he liked as much as Aria. He'd just needed that time to think. A couple of minutes to go over what had happened in the party, especially, Aria's confession. The fact that someone would ever prefer the power to knock people down, to harm another person, over the gift of healing the wounded was alien to him. Completely incomprehensible. He wasn't naive. Alex was well aware that some people were violent and thought violence was nothing more than a means to an end. That, he could understand more easily. But to actively want the power to cause said harm? To prefer it? No. Only positive that could come out of it was that Aria, unlike others, would likely only use it against people who needed to be knocked down, like Fletcher. Though he couldn't stop the nagging feeling at the back of his head, that told him that even Aria could one day be corrupted by her power. The way his sister had.

The house was simple, yet obviously well-kept and nicely decorated. The front yard filled with a colourful flower garden and littered with children's playground equipment that was only slightly rusty and run-down. Alex was first to enter the house, first peaking inside to make sure no adults were around before letting silently letting Aria in.

"Angie? You home?" he called out, as softly as he could to make sure his sister could listen to him if she was inside the house without waking up the other residents. He let Aria through the house, only stopping a couple of times when he found one of the other kids who lived with him -- clearly enjoying the Halloween festivities to abuse their bedtime and gorge on trick-or-treat candies. The conversations were short lived, with Alex asking if they'd seen his sister and them replying with a simple "fuck off" before they went back to whatever activity they were doing before being interrupted (except for one, who'd asked if Aria was Alex's girlfriend. Which had left him blushing like crazy).

"Kids, am I right?" Was all Alex could say in an awkward chuckle that desperately tried to hide his discomfort after Aria being his "girlfriend" was brought up, before leading her to the bedroom. While Angie was usually strict about keeping their room clean and tidy at all times, they hadn't had time to clean the mess before leaving for the party. Figures the one time the bedroom looked like a pigstead would be the same time he brought a pretty girl home, regardless of the reason why they were there. Clothes and makeup were littered around the small bedroom, most of it hanging from the top part of the simple bunk bed they shared. Apart from the mess though, there was very little that gave away that the room was occupied by teenagers. Unlike the rest of the delicately decorated house, the bedroom was incredibly simple and empty. No decorations other than a couple of pictures of Angie and Alex as children, braces and all. The two moved a lot, so they both reasoned that decorating every single room they moved into would only be a waste of time.

With no other choice, Alex finally called his sister and informed her of his current whereabouts and, more importantly, company. The phone hadn't been on speaker mode, but Angie's shouts almost make him think that it was. He quickly pulled the device away from his ear, the long-gone ringing in his ears from the party making a short-lived comeback as his ears once again got used to her screeches.

He really should've seen that coming.

"So, good news! She's okay!" Alex said after he'd apologised to his still-screaming sister before hanging up the phone. "Bad news! I don't think she's very happy with me and I think she might be on her way to murder us. Mostly me, but also you. So if you know of any other place where we could spend the night, that would be great... preferably one with government-level security." Judging by her reaction, at that point framing themselves for the party fiasco to go to jail could very well be the safest option.

code by fudgecakez

Aria
She didn't feel like herself today. Usually, Aria was filled with headstrong emotions and opinions on everything. But now, she just felt like a lost puppy trailing after Alex. It was almost a relief to have someone that knew what they were doing when she felt so lost, and she was beyond thankful when they arrived at Alex's home.

Her gaze moved around, taking everything in as she followed him into the house. Aria lingered behind him -- she was too exhausted to introduce herself to the kids, but a faint smile did cross her face when the one little kid asked if she was Alex's girlfriend. Right. It was no offense to Alex... okay, maybe it was a little bit. Obviously she was aware of his crush -- everyone probably was. Alex wasn't exactly secretive about it, and yeah, maybe Ash led Alex on a bit. Or more than a bit. Especially tonight, but the idea of being alone was too much.

Basically, the idea of dating Alex was... not for her.

Her smile did grow when Alex tried to brush it off and she followed him into the bedroom. She glanced around, taking in the small, messy room quickly before her eyes fell on the pictures of them. Well he tried calling Angie, she walked over to peer down at them. Wow... who knew Angie had ever been a cute, smiley kid? And Alex, well... he looked like a little nerd. A cute little nerd.

Aria's exhausted steps took her over to the bed and she collapsed onto the bottom bunk, letting out a sigh of relief before she heard the screams over the phone from Angie. She couldn't help but wince, and then she was already on it. Trying to find somewhere for them to go for the night. Or, her. Why was she acting like Alex would be coming with her? That was stupid. They were clearly friends and it would be silly for her friend to leave his to leave his house just to come with her, right?

Apparently not. When he got off the phone, he explained the situation with Angie. And before Aria could even say that that was alright, she was just going to crash at Eve's, Alex was asking where they could go. Both of them. She hesitated for a moment, not replying right away, before she managed to say; "Oh, uh, Eve said we could crash there."

Well, said Aria could crash there, but on the way to Eve's house, they asked if it was alright for Alex to stay, too -- and Eve had said yes, but that there was only one extra bedroom. That was fine and after a few more messages (and Fletcher acting like a bit of an ass), they agreed that Alex and Aria would just share a room. It wasn't like sharing a bed with a guy was anything new for Aria, but it was still a little... weirder for her. To be sharing one with a guy that actually cared about her.

On the bus ride to Eve's, Aria and Alex took a seat in the back again. She was beyond exhausted and on the ride, ended up laying her head against Alex's shoulder. What? It was... almost reassuring and she was just so freaking tired. Her eyes closed but she woke back up when the bus came to a lurching stop near Eve's.

Aria led the way to Eve's house, knocking on the door and waiting for the other girl to let them in. She offered her a faint smile and a "Thanks" before following Eve into the living room where everyone seemed to have gathered. She gave a little wave to everyone there -- Rory, Atti, and Lex -- and then she looked at Fletcher, her eyes taking in the injuries on his house. Over Twitter, Fletcher had made it sound like he had a broken nose or something, but his injuries were barely anything.

"Well, Fletcher," she said, a smile coming onto her face, "I'm here to apologize for hitting you with a flashlight by fixing your stupid face. So, come on. I'll fix you up in the bathroom." At least there not everyone would see the glowing hands, and she could just have Fletcher close his eyes so he wouldn't see a thing. Hopefully. And if he did and tried to say something, she could just... come up with some stupid excuse that her classmates were bound to buy.

Eventually, she convinced poor Fletcher to head to the bathroom. Before she left the room after him, she gave Alex a little smile. "After I'm done with him, you should wash the blood off your face." It was hard to even tell what kind of injuries he still had underneath all of the blood.

She followed after Fletcher into the bathroom and made sure to close the door after them. "Sit." She ordered and waited for him to take a seat on the toilet before she stepped over, taking in a deep breath. "Now close your eyes and don't you dare open them until I say you can otherwise I will make sure you walk out of this bathroom looking worse than you did coming in."

After Fletcher's eyes were closed, she took in a deep breath, let her hands start to do their glowing thing and then brought the gentle, warm light to his face to repair the busted lip and black eye.

OUTFIT: xx
basics

eve. everyone in her house (indirectly).

interactions
aurora harlow
eighteen • senior • plant manipulation
Rory took a big drink from her cup before Eve walked in and promptly poured herself two shots. A smirk came across her face and she did the same with the rum, nodding in her cousin's direction before downing them. She was still a little salty that she had missed the Halloween party. Did that make her crazy? Sure, Eve had said it was intense and went bad pretty quick but it was a lot more action than some shots in her grandparent's kitchen. Ugh. But then again if she'd gotten her hair zapped off she would've committed murder and she was too pretty for prison.

Making her way into the living room, Rory plopped down on the other couch and looked through her phone as she drank from the cup. She immediately rolled her eyes when she opened the twitter app and saw her cousin inviting even more people over. Damn it, Eve. "If you're going to keep taking in the strays then I'm gonna have to start charging a lodging fee," she said, holding up the phone so that the girl knew what she was talking about. Not that she minded Aria coming over since they were close but wasn't Alex the one who had gotten into it with Fletcher?

She watched as Eve got up, warning Fletcher not to take her seat which he obviously would do. Their banter only lasted a few minutes before he eventually gave the chair back for a bag of chips. Sucker. He could've gotten more, Eve loved that recliner. The Uno game continued, excluding her since she hated to play. It wasn't that she was a bad sport...okay, maybe she was. She hated to lose and she always seemed to always get beaten in Uno. Stupid card game.

Her eyes shifted towards the door when Aria arrived and she offered a nod to both her and her plus one. The blonde's comments towards Fletcher caused a chuckle to escape Aurora's lips. When the two went off together she jumped up from her seat. "This is lame. Next party, someone else needs to host so that I can actually get to enjoy it," she rolled her eyes, downing the contents of the cup and walking off to the kitchen for more. "Anyone want a drink?" she asked, not stopping since she just assumed whoever did want one would follow.

code by valen t.

Amelia Glass
Amelia only helped a few people out, mainly because she refused to help those who had powers. No, they didn't need her help. Amelia was being selective in the people she chose to help. It was sporadic enough to make people think she was helping who she could when she really only helped a couple non-powered people. She chose wisely so she could get a look throughout the whole house without looking suspicious. On her last run through there was one suspicious thing going on. Something she thought she'd never see. What in the world was Cade doing at this party? She never thought she see the boy outside of their under ground activities. She didn't think he was the kind to come to these events. She wouldn't be here either except to scope people out.

Amelia raised her eyebrow at this before walking up to the boy who was currently trying to head out. "You didn't seem like the type of person to show up to an event like this. " She said once she got up to him. She looked over his outfit and could easily tell he was not dressed for a Halloween party. "What are you doing here?" She was honestly curious for she's never seen one of the other underground fighters outside events.
apolla apolla

code by yousmelldead

Indigo’s head was killing her. Everything was spinning. She didn’t know where she was. The last thing she remembered was standing with Zoe and Aria and then….nothing. Indy lifted her head up from the...tile? Was she laying on the floor? What the hell? It was too dark to see anything around her but that was definitely tile. She shivered, a kind of shiver that made her very bones rattle. It was so unnaturally cold. Indigo shoved herself up off the ground a little too fast and almost fell back down again, her head pounded. She stayed on her feet, thankfully, but she careened to the slide and found herself slamming into a wall. She still couldn’t see anything. It was solid black, like she had suddenly been struck blind. Indigo could feel herself beginning to panic as she reached up to rub at her eyes and her hands met with an unfamiliar texture. Hair. There was hair on her face, a beard. When Indigo opened her eyes again she could see where she was. It was a hospital. Nurses and doctors clothed in white rushed past her without a second glance, almost like she was a ghost. Oh. SHIT. A sudden realization hit her with the force of a monsoon and Indigo’s panic rose to higher and higher levels. This was a memory, and judging by the face staring back her in the glass door of the hospital entrance, it was the memory of the fucking ghost who wouldn’t leave her the hell alone. Indigo could have screamed but the only thing that came out was the disgruntled moan of a man. That’s when the pain started. Indigo looked down at her...his abdomen and was greeted by the beautiful sight of a quite fucked up stomach. He was bleeding and she could see that there was a gaping hole the size of her fist where his belly button should have been. She would have puked had she a stomach to puke from. Suddenly they were moving, down the hall, on a gurney. There were nurses and doctors shouting all around and asking for a name, identification, what happened. Indigo wasn’t the one who answered.

“Tony….Foster.” She heard the voice as if it was her own, but it definitely was not, “I...I got stabbed, I think. I don’t remember.” His voice was grovely and came out in forced bursts. He was in a lot of pain and Indigo could feel it too. She couldn’t help but wonder why this was happening. This kind of thing had only happened once before, but that had been a dream. This was not a dream. Indigo could feel everything like she herself was experiencing it and not this Tony guy. If she wasn’t sleeping then what the hell was going on wherever she actually was. Indigo tried hard to remember what happened as Tony blinked in and out of consciousness and people kept telling him to open his eyes. There was Zoe. Tony’s eyes closed again and Indigo saw Aria and then Aria’s hands, bright like the sun, and then darkness. Chaos. That’s what had happened. Something had triggered her powers to freak the hell out. That’s why her head hurt, because he was inside it. If Indigo was here, in his memories, that could only mean one thing. The fucking piece of shit had possessed her. If she could move right now she would’ve hit something. She had to get out of here before Tony did something stupid while he was walking around with her face. Fuck. Tony’s eyes closed again and she could only hear a nurse's voice.

“We’re losing him. Mr. Foster, can you hear me?” Indigo was suddenly standing in a forest and this time she was actually her. The sounds of the hospital faded away until it was completely silent. Okay, what the hell was she supposed to do now? That answer came when Tony himself appeared beside her and cursed very loudly when he saw her.

“Fuck. I can’t have nice things for more than an hour or two can I?” Tony rolled his eyes and kicked at the leaves below his feet. Was he out? Why were they in a forest? What the fuck happened at that party.

“Why am I in a forest?” Indigo questioned him rather angrily.

“You’re not.” Tony reared back and clocked Indigo straight in the jaw and she was out cold. When she woke up again she was laying in the fucking dirt with a bottle of whiskey in her hand and a gravestone that read, Tony Foster, in front of her face.

“Right, you just came and laid on your damn grave like a weirdo.” Indigo got up as fast as she could and threw the half empty bottle at the gravestone. It shattered and she heard at least twelve gasps come from around her. There were fucking ghosts everywhere. Sitting on the gravestones, just standing there staring. Indigo shivered and decided that she needed to leave immediately. She fished out her phone, that was thankfully still in her pocket, and decided to try and figure out what the hell was going on. She knew that she’d seen Aria’s hands glow so something freaky had definitely happened to other people besides her.

“God, I fucking hate cemeteries.”

Indigo Okinway

trigger warning ladies: depression and suicide

atticus bailey
Dry tears on flustered cheeks and a seemingly endless numbness was all one blonde boy sitting on a bench felt. As his eyes ran out of tears, his mind ran out of thoughts, and just sitting there was as good as simply not sitting there. He couldn't find in himself the ability to care.

An empty pill bottle loosely stayed in his paralyzed hand as he waited for the end to come, and the sad truth was that the end was coming.

His head tilted backward—his neck too tired to hold it up—and all the boy's eyes could now gaze upon was the unexplainably horrifying chasm that was the night sky as his eyesight blurred more and more with each painful blink. He hadn't seen the night sky being so clear, so coherent, ever before.

The stars themselves shone seemingly brighter and greater than they usually did, and even the emptiness separating them was somehow darker and more ominous. It was almost as if the stars themselves proclaimed vulnerability to the naked eye during that one professedly ordinary night, though it was not for him; Atticus Bailey wasn't special.

---

The blonde boy jolted awake, his gray shirt and sheets covered in sweat as he frantically searched around himself to figure out his immediate surroundings. His distraught irregular breaths calmed as he came to the realization that he had been in his room this entire time, and that being back on that bench had been nothing but an awful nightmare that merely came to an end at precisely the right time.

Every night this happened, and it was always the same exact scene of the bench and the pill bottle in his grasp. Some nights it ended sooner, and some it ended much later, but every time, Atticus felt the staggering relief that came upon him as the godly realization hit.

His view shifted to the clock sitting on one of the walls of his room. 5:45. Too early to get up, but too late to fall back asleep. Typical.

Some time passing by, the boy got up just as the sun was starting to make a real appearance, flashing a few rays into the room. He did all the things a regular teenager did before school; he showered, brushed his teeth, put on appropriate clothing, watched some YouTube videos, and also had some yogurt, but then it was time to actually go to school.

He got into his car before driving out of his house's driveway and right into the next one. "What are we waiting for Uncle Jesse? The house won't fill itself!" He yelled, adding in a few honks to really make Ricky pissed.

in a green used car duh

feeling hilarious

wouldn't you like to know, weather boy

fin fin (Ricky)
coded by natasha.

eve brooks

mood ugh

location school

tag open

outfit x
Bland.

That was how her day felt. From the minute she slammed the door on her mother’s face, to the second she stepped out of the 2014 Prius that wasn’t really hers and stared at the tall walls of her prison. Okay so maybe it wasn’t exactly a prison, but some days it really did feel like it. As she made her way closer, she could feel the weight on her shoulders grow from the impending stress of the stares others would give her, the knowing looks, the small whispers. Eve was used to it. She befriended a lot of people, but the two people she didn’t get along with happened to be the most popular beings in the school system. Just a simple word from their two mouths could cause a rift and everyone to shun her. It’s not like it mattered that much to Eve, at least that’s what she told herself each day. It was the same way back at home with Willow. Willow was queen Bee and her parents cherished the ground she walked on. Whenever Eve would come in to say something, they would scoff as if she was wilting the flowers around Willow’s feet and spreading something horrible.

Her cousin Rory made some days better than most. She was a light in her life, and Eve was thankful for that as she needed someone to think she was good enough. But Rory was older than her, and it was becoming prevalent that she was finding interests that didn’t quite meet the needs of Eve. Rory was a partier and Eve was not; simple like that. There was Lex, but he was such a shy and precious soul, Eve felt like she was walking on eggshells not to pierce through his thin veil of innocence. Of course, there was his stepbrother, her unrequited love. It wasn’t actually love, Eve knew that but she had feelings for them and they were ever-growing despite him clearly not showing an ounce of interest towards her. Sure the two would snap back at each other with insults jokingly, and they would spend some time studying or tutoring him, but it was nothing more than that. As blind as she was, even she could see that he had more interest in some random girl he didn’t know about than her. So did Eve really have friends? There was also the boy next door; Sam. He was like a brother and she like a sister and sometimes the two would hang out and she’d use his house as an asylum from her parents, but really that was it.

All she had was this swirling storm inside, growing each day as more things toppled onto her. Some days it would let itself be known whenever things got a little too heavy and it rained from above, thunder booming and lightning clashing. But it was only a taste, a hint, of what was really there. Eve only got more of a taste of what was broiling on that Friday night and it terrified her how strong it was. Not only that, the little bit of power she showered off nearly knocked her out. If she let it all out, what could happen? Could she die?

Probably. Knowing her luck, Eve figured she might just die from the weight of it all… or be in a permanent coma but that was the same thing wasn’t it? The entire past weekend felt off and she knew that there was nobody to blame but herself. Since her powers made their home inside of her, she could kind of understand the weather. She could feel the atmosphere shifts and changes. It was subtle at first, like a yawn. But eventually, the feeling became so recognizable that she timed it as she watched clouds change. Her little snowstorm had shifted the atmospheric balance completely and so in return, her body was just out of a balance. A constant headache and occasional nosebleeds through the night had occurred and she was just about ready to just give up living. On the bright side, she knew she wasn’t alone, at least not entirely. The two closest people to her shared the random ability to produce some sort of power. Rory could make plants come to life and Sam was a living magnet. Knowing just the two of them were in the same boat as she brought some reassurance but she was sure they didn’t have the pressure of the atmosphere upon their shoulders.

As Eve entered the hall and made her way to her locker, she could only hope that her day would go better than her morning. She broke another alarm clock which sent her mother off into a rage of absolute fury that could match the strike of a lightning bolt and her dad simply shook his head, rumbling with disappointment. Her sister Willow then pranced around her, rubbing it into her face that she simply was an overall mess up. Okay maybe not quite like that, but Willow never let Eve forget that she was at the bottom of the pecking order. Despite all this, Eve did have something she could always hold against her sister from now on;

She was a motherfucking weatherman and the best one at that.

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:
Fletcher Hayes

No Powers
Fletcher took a seat at his desk, hurriedly scribbling the answers to his chem homework as he squinted at a blurry photo of someone else's answers. Of course the boy was perfectly capable of doing his own chemistry homework. Probably. He had never done it for himself, so who really knows? He had been up fairly early in the morning, but saved the tedious work for the last minute. Instead, his time was better spent scrolling through Twitter and Instagram in search of the girl he had briefly spoken to at the party. Is she okay? I never even got her name.

It usually wasn't in Fletcher's nature to worry about someone he had hardly met. Something about this girl dressed as Daenerys Targaryen was just so bizarre. Heaving a sigh of relief, he put his homework away and headed downstairs. There was Lex and his mother, sitting at the dining room table talking about God knows whatever dull topics they discussed. As Fletcher passed the two to grab a banana from the kitchen, he overheard their conversation. Lex had been describing his sleepover at Eve's, leaving out most details. Fletcher was almost impressed his stepbrother had managed to evade dumping the entire truth onto his mother as usual. For once, Lex had actually been useful. He had somehow his mom that Fletcher had gone home with Connor, eliminating the need for any awkward conversations. As long as the socially awkward blonde could keep his mouth shut.

Fortunately, Lex's mom usually worked from so the two could take her car to school most days. One glaring downside was that the two had to sit in awkward silence the entire ride there. Fletcher didn't mind it much, but it clearly bothered Lex. Not that he cared. "We're leaving now. Hurry up," he barked, startling Lex. His mom frowned; it was no secret that Fletcher directed all of his frustration toward his younger stepbrother. No one in the family really seemed to intervene. Lex's mother was too weak-willed to stand up to him on Lex's behalf and Fletcher's dad refused to believe his son could harbor such strong negative emotions.

He grabbed the car keys off the table and went to the car. Lex's mother had married a fairly well-off guy, yet she still refused to pay to fix up her run-down, red sedan. He got into the driver's seat and started the car, tossing his bag in the backseat. Why does he take so long? This is why I don't let him drive me anywhere. He's almost as slow getting out here as he is driving.
car
skuul time
da fit
open
coded by natasha.

Lex Delgado

Electrokinesis
Lex stared at the ceiling as he lay in bed, rudely disturbed by the incessant blaring of his phone's alarm. He turned to the side and shut off the alarm, longing for another hour in bed. One thing he did admire about Fletcher was his consistent sleep schedule. Or, at the very least, he was good at getting up in the morning. It didn't help that Lex was having more trouble sleeping than usual since that Halloween party debacle. Days later and Lex was still committed to giving up alcohol forever.

After forcing himself to get out of bed, he got dressed, brushed his teeth, and went downstairs to make some oatmeal. His mom was at the table on her laptop, working on whatever work priorities she had to take care of. He looked around the room, figuring Fletcher was in his bedroom and his dad had already left for work. That man has one serious commute. He talked to his mom as he made his breakfast, wincing as the topic of Friday's party resurfaced. He had already explained away most of the strange occurrences, in addition to his and Fletcher's near day-long absence from home. He hated the thought of lying to her, but this was serious enough that Lex felt he had to make more of an effort to cover his tracks. Lex's mother believed him fairly easily since Lex wasn't known for being much of a liar. That had been made painfully clear throughout the socially awkward boy's life.

Down came Fletcher, whose silence and aloof gaze made it painfully clear that his presence was being ignored. Well, at least he had a few minutes' peace. "We're leaving now, hurry up," Fletcher called to him, alarming Lex as he realized he wasn't at all ready to leave. He couldn't even blame his lack of preparedness on Fletcher's unwillingness to warn him prior to announcing he was ready to leave. It wouldn't be long before the school day started. And he was absolutely dreading having to hear everyone talk about the worst party in his life.

He rushed upstairs to grab his bag and put on his shoes, waving goodbye to his mom as he went out the door. Of course Fletcher was in the car, scowling at him as usual. Any longer and he might have left without him. Lex didn't like to take those chances, so he hurried into the passenger seat.

The car ride was tense and boring, as usual. Fletcher turned the volume of his music up louder, which was strangely more awkward than it was when the two were together in silence. After parking in the student parking lot, the two stepbrothers headed onto campus. The morning air was cold, reminding Lex of the sudden snowstorm from Friday. He made extra sure to bring a jacket this day, preparing for an early snow season. He had vowed never to make the mistake of being improperly dressed in a snowstorm again. He could have sworn he was on the verge of getting frostbite on his fingers Friday night.
school
drowsy
clothes
open
coded by natasha.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sail Maeger
He goes by Sam, not incel

d49b6b9f21cf33d0fc34e40e8af74adc-1.jpg

Mood: Is it possible to live without suffering? Why do things like this always happen to guys like him?

Interactions: N/A (open)

Mentions: N/A

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sam had, this morning, had what one might call a "rude awakening"-- quite literally. What else would you call waking up to a sock in your mouth and a yell in your ear of, "Hey, Littledick, get up!"?

He jolted up in bed, coughing loudly and eyes popping open. He gagged on the sock, which tasted of metal and salt. He yanked the thing out of his mouth, and he looked around his room for the cause, his heart beating fast.

It did not take long to find the root of the issue, for beside his bed stood his six-foot-tall, brunette, brute of a brother, Jep Maeger, aged eighteen, grade twelve. His had was on the lightswitch, which was now turned up.

Sam scowled at him, swatted his hand away from the switch, flicked it down, and flopped back in bed and covered his head with a pillow. "Go away, asshole."

The light quickly flipped back on, and the pillow was ripped away from him. "It's morning time. Time to get up. You're responsible for driving me, so you'd better hurry."

Sam, exhausted, sat up once again, and he scowled at his brother. "I'll tell Mom and Dad on you if you don't stop."

"Oh, wow, I'm so scared," said Jep sarcastically. "Oh, staple-head. You're so scary."

"I thought that I was Littledick," he grumbled, pushing out of bed.

"Whatever floats your boat, bitch boy."

"You're creative this morning," Sam muttered, and he recalled the whole thing with the screws that he could do. He considered threatening his brother.

Like "I can attract a pair of screws, watch out" was anything intimidating.

He tugged on a pair of sweatpants as his brother walked downstairs, and he went after him. Their parents always left around five in the morning, and so they were alone.

"What was in that sock?" Sam asked, sighing and rubbing his sore head as he searched the kitchen cabinets for the Fruit Loops.

His brother pulled a Pop Tart out of a drawer that he called his "stash", and he walked to the table. "Change."

"I figured as much. You owe me some of that money now. That's what you get for sticking a sock in a dude's mouth."

Jep grunted. "Hurry up" was all he said before he walked back up to his room.

"Dumbass," Sam said to himself, then he snickered. He walked to the table with his spoon and the milk. He poured the cereal in a bowl, then poured the milk in, then quickly downed the whole thing.

And then two more bowls. He was, after all, a teenaged boy.

As he ate, he thought about the events of last night. The screws coming out of the light fixture that fell on him, the same screws that stuck to him no matter how hard the doctors tried to get them off. The staples that the injury made him need in his head. And that weird feeling that he got that that glowing and all the stuff at the party wasn't exactly...typical. (He didn't really know what went on at parties, though, so he couldn't be sure.)

It had taken a lot of explaining to his parents.

He stood up from the table and went to his room, pulling on a long-sleeved, red-and-black flannel shirt over a white tee. He zipped up his grey cargo pants, and he went to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, and brushed his hair, applying a little bit of gel to its front. He then went back to his bedroom and grabbed his backpack and phone, noting that he was slightly later than usual.

After a bit of badgering, his brother got in the back of Sam's car, and Sam got in the front seat like a chauffeur, sighing.

"We're gonna be late because of you," Jep grumbled. He pulled out his phone.

"No texting your 'hoes' while I'm driving. We have a deal," Sam said, ignoring what he said and turning his car's media player to the CD function. Frank Sinatra began to serenade them as they headed off.

Jep snickered. "You wish that you have 'hoes'." He used the same air quotes as Sam had.

"I could get them if I wanted to."

"Even after the whole school has seen your di--"

"Shut up!" Sam barked.

"Triggered you, huh?" Jep said, and he went quiet.

Sam simmered in silence. He and everyone else always mentioned that.

Today was going to be a terrible day, and he felt it. Maybe it was the screws stuck to him that made him uncomfortable, but he just could feel that something was going to go awry today.

When he arrived at school, he felt that same dread set in as always did. That same time to be bullied again, time to get weird looks again, time to get called an incel for the trillionth time feeling.

He turned off his car, and his brother got out wordlessly and thanklessly. Sam, however, remained, and he stared at his reflection in the rearview mirror.

He practiced his smile, his frown, and his laugh, but they all were so...off, and he finally said aloud, "Well, you have powers, man. You really shouldn't feel normal."

Right. He had powers. Eve and Aria said that he did, anyway. Or maybe he didn't. Something was wrong, though. He could attract screws and staples, and he could make them back off from him slightly. He didn't like it, and he felt like, today, everyone would be able to see that fact on him. The fact that something was even weirder about him.

Not to mention that he'd been knocked out at a party.

Swallowing his dread, he stepped out of his vehicle, smiling slightly. He grabbed his backpack from his passenger seat floorboard and pulled his keys out of their spot, then shoved them in his pocket.

And slowly, as confidently as he could knowing what awaited him, he walked to the front of the school as the disgraced guy who became even more disgraced when he got hit over the head at the party.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Power: ???

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Poppy

Mood: Retrospective

Interaction: no one

Poppy's eye lids opened slowly, the jarring ending to her dream suddenly lost to the fog of her drowsiness. Her brow furrowed in confusion and the tips of her fingers rose to touch the corner of her eye. She had tears rolling down her face and soaking a spot onto her pillow. Whatever her dream was, it had been a stressful one. She brought up her hands to study them in the dim light seeping in through the crack in her blackout curtains. She waved them quickly, trying to get them to turn to smoke again. It had been two days since the incident at the party and her body didn't show anymore signs of weirdness. Maybe everyone did get drugged and this is just the result of a hallucination. Most of her peers voiced their concern with that theory the night she was heading home. She recalled a few hellbent on blaming someone for some weird lights. Poppy didn't remember any weird lights so mass hysteria seemed more likely. Poppy threw back her comforter and opened the blinds to let the morning light in. While still in her night cloths, she went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for school.

Poppy bounced down the stairs, threatening to topple forward as her eyes were glued to her phone screen. She was scrolling through the school's twitter page, trying to see if anyone else posted their experience at the party. Last Poppy had heard was that Kash's house had been absolutely wrecked and his parents were not thrilled. Speaking of parents;

"Penelope! IS that you?" Her mom shouted from the living room as she came down the stairs into the kitchen, "There is a smoothy for you in the fridge! I wasn't sure- stop it Ricky!- I wasn't sure if Colin picked you up early or not" Poppy grabbed her to go cup and turned to corner to have a better conversation with her parents before she left. They were both doing their morning yoga before work. They were locked in the warrior pose and her father kept poking her mom's underarm to tickle her. "Come on, Babe. Hard Mode and all", the man in round glasses said with a chuckle. Poppy rolled her eyes but smiled, exposing her love for her goofball parents and causing her cool, aloof expression to crack.
"Do you have tutoring today? I could use some help with the store if your not" Her mother asked. Poppy shook her head"I honestly don't know. Eva's schedule is pretty packed with all the seniors trying to get out." she said with a shrug, "I'll text you when I figure it out".
Poppy walked through the living room, bumping her dad with her hip to put him off balance She grabbed her bag and vanished out the front door with a "Love you!.

She exited the Bookstore's glass door and locked it behind her, the little bell on a spring jingled like mad as she jostled the door. She gave the handle a paranoid tug and looked up at the dark, neon sign that read, "Trade-A-Book" In big loopy letters. Her mother and father had owned this bookstore as long as she could remember. It was a kind of second hand store with her mother's personal spin on it. Instead of Money, she will trade books for up to half their sticker price as store credit. She was always adimate on people starting their own personal libraries, irregardless of socioeconomic level. Poppy always admired how her parents not only worked hard to help her through her life, but also everyone in the community. She didn't think she would ever live up to their legacy.

Poppy wrapped her coat around herself a little tighter as a breeze made it's way across her chest and made her shiver. Her mother's smoothy was great, it just wasn't helping the morning chill she was experiencing. Usually her friend Colin would be waiting in front of the bookstore in his shitty Honda but not this morning. She hadn't been able to get a hold of the boy since the party. In fact, she hadn't even seen him since they arrived at Kash's place. I was as if he left shortly after hell broke loose. This morning she would be taking the bus like a peasant. Good thing she left early. She stuck her morning cigarette in her mouth and lit it. Breakfast of champions and all.

"i explode shit."

The Halloween party had certainly left the Wilmont teens on edge, and Ricky was no different. He'd ended the night patching up Alaina's wounds at the pet clinic, and heading home to clean himself up, but nothing seemed to change the fact that there were far more powered beings than just himself. Alaina included. While some teens had written of the night as a freak snowstorm paired with an unforunate gas leak, Ricky'd seen the powers in effect up close... A doll that walked on its own, a ghostly figure that'd filled him up, and the person closest to him, Alaina.

Ricky had spent that night tossing and turning under the sheets of the upper bunk, and he could hear Wyatt and Jude cursing beneath him at his fit. His dreams-- nightmares were filled with images of Alaina, consumed in that darkness. It was like he was at Kash's house again, and could feel his inner thoughts and fears being drawn out of him as he got closer to Alaina. He hadn't told Alex of the story, fearing what he might think about Alaina, or how it might affect her relationship with Aria if Alex mistakenly slipped up. Likewise, he'd distanced himself from Alaina that weekend... too fearful to expose the lies of his own powers, and confront the terrifying nature of Alaina's. Deep down though, something told Ricky that this would only be the beginning of something truly fucked up in the small town of Wilmont.

"Wake up, foo'. You're gonna be late!" Ricky heard the voice of Jude in the background, and loud frying coming from the kitchen. As much as he wanted to sleep, no one in their small "gang" or "clique" could deny Wyatt's cooking, especially on such a lousy Monday.

"I slept through my alarm, J. My fault." He coughed out with a raspy morning voice. With only a pair of socks on as pajamas, the lightheaded teen hopped down from the top bunk, and headed to the washroom to clean up.

Several moments later Ricky was out of the washroom, dressed up, and with a dark black bag hanging loosely from his left shoulder. He shuffled down the stairs, and let out short coughs at the smell of the older men smoking, and rolling in another room. The stairs descended towards the living room, and from there towards the kitchen where he frowned at the two smallest pieces of bacon left over.

"So much for breakfast, dicks." He scoffed, and rolled his eyes at the pan. Sometimes being the youngest of their set sucked ass, but Ricky refused to give in to the bullying. Whether it was peeing in the water jug, selling their clothes, or leaving behind a "piece of himself" in their socks, he'd get them back one way or another. The faint sound of Atticus' voice in front of the house drew his attention towards the door, followed by the annoying sound of that old car's honking. "Atticus..." Ricky grimaced, eyes thinned down as he made his way out of the house. As soon as the dull green car came into view, he stretched out his right hand in front of him, folding down all but the middle finger. "Good morning to you too, fuck-face!"

Before the other boy was able to speed off in the name of fun, Ricky jogged down the steps of the old house, and slapped the door of the car behind him as he took his seat. He'd curled his hand into a half-fist, and dug it past Atticus' bushy hair and down into his temple. A couple good shakes of a nuggie and he was done, panting and laughing as he usually did when he was with Atticus. Sometimes childhood friendships didn't have to change, and with all the crazy going on recently, he was glad because of it.

"And for the record, the women loved Jesse." He retorted to Atticus' earlier statement with a smirk. His right elbow sat loosely in the window of the car, eyes squinted slightly at the air blowing past him while Atti drove. Weird, especially for Ricky, was the quiet that followed. Thoughts of what wonders would expose themselves in this school day, week, month, or even semester. So much was left on a cliffhanger at the party, and Ricky found himself looking desperately for a way to rationalize it all.

mood anxious

location atticus' beater

tag(s) atticus, mogy mogy

mention(s) alaina apolla apolla , alex fancries1 fancries1

outfit xoxo

coded by weldherwings.

Mi-Young Park

1598745442287.png 1598745511803.png

Tired was an understatement for Mi-Young. Mi-Young got barely any sleep due to the events that happened at the party. That night she didn't get home till the ams and even then she barely got any sleep. She hated not knowing what had happened and that night proved there were more people like her. She wondered if they also go their powers around the same time she had? Mi-Young was more determined than ever to start trying to control her powers. She didn't want anything like that to happen again. She hated loosing control. It made he look weak and Mi-Young was not weak.

Mi-Young yawned as she pulled into the senior parking lot and parked her car. Pulling the sun visor down, she slid open the cover to look into the mirror. Mi-Young fixed her hair and makeup one last time before closing it and grabbing her rainbow checkered backpack. A large smile played on her lips. "Well at least you don't have to hide anymore." Even though the night of the party was a complete disaster she thought it wasn't a terrible thing that it happened.

Mi-Young got out of her care and locked it. Her keys hung on a pink lanyard that she clipped to one of her belt loops and slung her backpack over her right shoulder. She then headed on into the school. She decided to would handle things by ear today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back