• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ค ๐•—๐•–๐•๐• -- a powers rp (open!)

Characters
Here

Arturo | Troy

Arturo was having that paradoxical feeling when the day seemed to drag on forever while classes flew by in a blur. Since Halloween night, most of his attention was looking out for any clues that would help him understand what really happened at the party. He hadn't had enough time to keep up with social media, so he went with good old-fashioned high school gossip, which he didnโ€™t really partake in. He couldnโ€™t just walk up to strangers and ask them to tell him what they know. They were teenagers whoโ€™d probably tell him some kind of BS just to mess with him or/and make him leave them alone quickerโ€”at least thatโ€™s what Troy told himโ€” and Arto wasnโ€™t exactly within the popular circle, despite helping, possibly, one-third of it from plummeting their GPA in the last two years. Instead, he relied on eavesdropping on the abundant whispers and murmurs regarding the Halloween party. But a lot of them sounded inconsistent, confusing, and vague. He couldnโ€™t be sure if any of them had gone to the Halloween party.

At lunch, Arturo sat at a table, reading through local news articles on his phone, with his food tray barely touched in front of him. His food wasnโ€™t particularly bad, but he wasnโ€™t really feeling hungry. With a mouthful of a bite of his deli sandwich, Troy spotted a familiar face far across from their table. โ€œHey look, itโ€™s Elliot. Yโ€™know, that guy back in middle school?โ€

Yes, Arturo remembered Elliot Jones, just a regular guy who was one grade below him. He met Elliot during 8th grade, shortly after moving into town. They mostly hung out during school hours back then, but not so much nowadays. Elliot had been trying to hang out with a different crowd since entering high school. He rarely hanged out with Troy or Arturo, except for the past few tutor sessions from the latter in the previous year, but he still seemed like a good guy.

โ€œI heard he was at the party,โ€ Troy said. โ€œMaybe he knows what happened there.โ€ Then, despite Arturo hesitantly suggesting otherwise, he shamelessly hollered and waved for his hand to draw his attention. โ€œYo, Elli, get your buns over here!โ€

Nearly a dozen people nearby glanced around in confusion, either at Troy in mild annoyance for being a loud freshman or at Elliotโ€™s general direction. His junior tech-nerd friend lowered his head, trying to appear somewhat discreet as he slightly smiled apologetically at them for his friendโ€™s brash behavior.

TAGS: Elliot Winona Winona
LOCATION: cafeteria (before current timeskip? i think. can't remember, too sleepy)

Tags:
0k_mang0 0k_mang0
code by @fudgecakez
Elliott
At the moment, he was enraptured in an easygoing conversation with a handful of new friends. A lazy smile was on his face and it felt like the events of the party were far gone. As if it had never ever happened and Elliott was almost back to feeling like a normal guy. And then, someone's voice calling him made him jump nearly ten feet into the air (obviously not really -- he only went back a couple centimeters). Elliott looked around, bewildered at who had called him by the age old nickname, when he saw Arturo and Troy. Yep. Definitely Troy.

"I'll be back." He said with a grin towards his newfound group before he stood up and made his way over to his old friends. Still his friends, it was just that Elliott maybe didn't hangout with them as much as he used to. And he totally meant to! He was just... oh, it was a lie. Elli was never that busy. He'd been neglecting this friendship and he couldn't help but feel a little like a dog with its tail between its legs as he made his way over to the boys.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" He asked as he slid into one of the chairs. He kept that grin on his face and tried his best not to let his inner guilt show. To be fair, Elliott probably should hangout with them more. Look what had happened when he hung out with Alex and the other cool guys, after all. The party had turned into a disaster! And his T-rex costume was destroyed.

Arturo | Troy

Watching Eillot approach them, Troy greeted him with a cheeky grin. โ€œLong time no see, old buddy,โ€ he said. โ€œHey, donโ€™t worry about not seeing either of us often these days. Things change, I get it. Iโ€™m not the type whoโ€™d hold something like that against you. I donโ€™t hold a grudge, right, Arto?โ€ Troy asked.

โ€œIโ€™m not gonna answer that,โ€ said Arturo, ignored the freshmanโ€™s muttered reply (โ€œI was jokingโ€ฆโ€), and turned to Elliot. โ€œSorry for calling you over here. So... howโ€™ve you been, El? I hear Kashโ€™s party was, uh, really something--โ€

โ€œWhat the heck happened there, anyway? We know something crazy went down there,โ€ Troy interjected, his mouth stuffed with fries, just before flinching from a sudden kick to his shin under the table. So much for subtly. Arturo hadnโ€™t wanted to jump into the subject right away. He didnโ€™t know how Elliot felt about the Halloween incident, whether or not it made him nervous talking about it openly to anyone. He was kind of worried that he might not get the right answers if Elliot felt pressured to talk.

โ€œAnyway,โ€ Arturo resumed, keeping the conversation mild. โ€œWhat Troy meant was, we only know what happened from the outsideโ€”we were just passing by the house when it happened. Weโ€™re hoping if you know anything that happened inside the house, at least from youโ€™re perspective. Almost everyone at school is talking about it, but no one hasnโ€™t said anything that made sense yet.โ€ Or more like willing to tell me, he left out. "But Troy and I believe you're, like, the most reliable guy we know of. Because you were actually there, right?"

TAGS: Elliot Winona Winona

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back