• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Neko

From the moment she was 'born', the young Neko didn't think much of her life. All she knew was that she existed. And she liked string.

She was born into a world where humanoid animals were created in a lab for the amusement of the rich-- How she was born. But she didn't care about those little things, as she never really knew much else. However, after a week of living, it began to affect her. The change being that she was purchased.

Cassie walked into a store. She went to the counter and sighed. "Are you here to get the Neko?" He asked. Cassie nodded really slowly. He went to the back and picked up the one she wanted. She looked at it and sighed again.

The nameless neko was led out into a much fancier room than she was used to. The room was filled with pretty crystals and accented with cold silver. In front, opposite the room, was an oak desk constructed with rich colors that contrasted the coldness nicely. Closer to her was black leather couches, three of them, arranged in an open square. Inside was a table made of complete glass and showed the magazines on the shelf below and the plush white carpet underneath. To her side was a grand waterfall that cut across the middle of the room and showed a distorted mirror of the design on the neko's side. It stopped right behind the oak desk.

Having been distracted by the design, the thin, lanky man with thinning black hair tugged her forward by the black leather collar around her neck. The neko stumbled a bit and rushed to catch up lest she be tugged again.

Cassie was kinda mad of how he held her. She was forced by her parents to buy a Neko. They thought it would be good for her. She gave the man a check for the Neko. The man grinned and threw her over to Cassie. She growled. Instead of holding her collar she held her hand tightly. She smiled. She walked out of the store. She put her in the back of her car. She gently petted her head then closed the door and got in the front she started driving.

The neko let out a small yelp when her keeper tossed her towards the young brunette woman. While she was grateful that the woman caught her, she didn't know how to react when she grabbed a hold of her hand. Deciding just to go with it, the neko was ultimately rewarded with pets when they reached the car. The neko purred, pushing her head further into the human's hand until the woman left, moving around the car to the front seat. The neko remained the backseat while the car started. The sounds of the engine frightened her a little and the neko gripped the leather of the seat with her claws.

Cassie didn't know how to own a Neko. She sighed and just thought about it as she rode home. After a while they got to a big house. She got out and closed the door. He went to her side and opened the door. She carefully picked her up. She closed the door then walked inside instantly greeted by her butler. "Hello ben can you take this little one upstairs?" She asked. He nodded and grabbed the Neko. "I'll come up ln a minute to name you" she said then left. The Butler took the Neko upstairs and put her down on a pink bed.

She blinked silently at all of these events occurring. The neko watched with wide blue eyes as, who she finally came to realize her master, left. Once the brunette's form disappeared from sight, she turned her inquisitive gaze onto the older man. Ben, she heard his name was. He had a silent, calm air about him. Even as he carried her, Ben seemed to have a strange grace to him.

The room she was put in was distinctly girly. Not that she knew it, of course. The bed beneath her was soft and the comforter a hot pink. The walls were colored a plum purple with elegant white flowers painted beautifully. There was a window looking out on a well tended garden to her right that made up the entire wall. The large bed took up most of the room, but there was white vanity and a dresser there as well.

Too invested in inspecting the room, she missed Ben leaving the room and the neko was left alone. It felt... scary to be in such a strange place but she pushed the feeling aside by looking around and getting into the stuff on top of the vanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassie grabbed a bowl and put different fruits in it. She looked up stairs and started thinking of names. She finally got one and went upstairs. Every step she took was soft. She got to her room and smiled. She put the bowl on the bed. "I didn't know what you liked to eat so I just guessed I hope that's fine" she said smiling. She had a dog before and talked to It alot so she knew how to talk to her. She sat on the edge of the bed feeling the soft blanket. "You can sleep with me tonight it's pretty big" I said looking at it. I took one strawberry and ate it. She was pretty nervous having a Neko because she didn't know what to do. She sighed and bit her lip looking at the Neko smiling. "I thought of s

Two names I want to see witch o e you like Better" she said softly.

The neko looked up from batting around a small metal tin. She got up from the floor and grabbed a red apple from the offered basket. She nibbled from it a little before nodding in response. "What would you like to name me?" She asked, speaking for the first time. While she was supposed to be the equivalent to an sixteen year old, her voice was high and childlike.

Her heart almost melted when she squeaked. She smiled her voice was adorable. "Well it's either sakura or Akiko witch one do you like?" She asked petting her head and smiling. She picked her up and put her in her lap. She played with her ears a bit before hugging her.

She giggled and nodded. "Sakura it is" she said smiling. Maybe having a Neko wouldn't be so bad. She gently took the apple away and laid flat on the bed holding her up. She looked up at her "your so cute!" She said with another giggle.

Sakura meowed a complaint when she was picked up. Her brown tail twitched as her face grew sullen. "This is no fair, you know. I'm too small to pick you up, so why do you get to pick me up?" She huffed with a small pout.

The small neko blushed a little. For a moment, Sakura rested where she was until she wiggled. She reached for the apple that her master had set aside before. Her stomach rumbled in her yearning for sweetness of the fruit.

She looked what she was reaching for. She grabbed the apple and gave it to her she stroked her hair with a smile she was going to enjoy this.

As soon as the apple was in her hands, Sakura settled down and began to nibble from it again.

A moment passed until an odd tapping sound came from the window. Sakura ignored it, assuming it was normal but it persisted. Little did the neko know, was that the sound was very abnormal and with a purpose.

Cassies eyes we're closed but then opened them when she heard a tap on the window. She moved Sakura and went toward the window opening it

"Psst," a voice came from the garden. It was hard to tell who or what kind of person it came from due the distance between the window and the garden, from where the voice came. "Cas!" The voice, now louder and easier to distinguish as masculine, called.

Sakura, feeling curious, slipped underneath Cassie's arms and turned her gaze and ears turned the garden.

She tilted her head. She held Sakura and went downstairs and out the door going into the garden looking around. "Um.." she said quietly. She held Sakura close to her chin.

"Cassie!" The voice called again. Out from the shadows revealed a familiar face, one of her classmates and a friend of hers, a boy named Eric. His golden eyes glared out from the darkness and sharpened upon seeing Sakura in her arms. "So you got one?" Eric demanded in a guarded tone.

She turned her head and growled. "Don't you ever do that too me again" she growled. "She nodded. "Yes....why do you ask Eric?" I asked frowning.

Eric frowned and Sakura tilted her head at him. She was in her smaller humanoid form, though she could grow bigger, into a normal sized human if she wanted to.

"I thought that you said that you weren't? Or was I wrong?" The two of them had discussed the nekos before. Eric was under the impression that Cassie thought that the practice was just as barbaric as he did.

She pet Sakura. "My parents made me..but I really like them mostly this one!" She said giggling. She snuggled Sakura close to her. "Her name is Sakura" she said smiling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back