• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Nations of Ederyon

As the airship drifted closer and closer to the heavily fortified city, Terranbar was able to see the city in much more detail. The great walls of neatly layed stone bricks were lined with cannons that appeared to be mounted on a primitive aiming system. One much akin to old Dwarven prototypes for their own aiming system. Several patrols were heading to the dock they were about to land at. As they drew closer and closer to the dock Terranbar could just make out who these "people" were... Shivers ran down his spine as he saw the guards... the living undead, armed with spears and crossbows and adorned in armor. Was this the land of the dead?

Terranbar was about to order the captain to bring the ship back up when he spotted the leader, a human necromancer. As suspicious as Dwarves were of the black arts, his curiosity outweighed his fear and the airship continued downwards until it sat floating an inch above the ground.

As soon as the airship touched down, it was surrounded on all sides by a platoon of undead spear wielders, but they did not attack. Instead they spread apart and a lone figure walked in. The same human necromancer, wielding a simple staff and wearing long robes.

The necromancer casually strode up to the ship, stopping just 5 feet from its armored front.

"Greetings, travellers! From what distant lands do you hail? Why are you here?"

Terranbar, shaking off his nervousness from the presence of the living dead, strode confidently to the front front of the ship. Being careful to not show his suspicions of black magic, for he wanted to make a good first impression with this powerful necromancer. His Mithral armor reflected the dim pink light brilliantly, causing the finely polished mihtral armor to take on a pinkish hue. This hue only accentuated the intricate carvings of his crown, with depicted the hammers of Moradin and the axes of Tordian, the god of war, crossed on each face of the golden crown.

"Greetings Human Necromancer, I am Terranbar, King of the Mithralian Dwarves! We hail from a distant continent in the west, from our great home under the Mithral mountains. We come in peace with the intent of meetin' new peoples and makin' new friends... or foes" he added the last with a sly grin, more of a friendly joke than a threat.

Mordius nodded at the Dwarf's introduction. King Terranbar seemed a very personable dwarf, and yet his adornment showed amazing skill, detail, and majesty. He already respected the ruler, and it showed. Adding to that, Mordius' desire to make diplomatic allies, Mordius decided that he would receive King Terranbar as graciously as he could. "I am King Mordius, of Jormand." A slight smile crossed his features. "You will find no foes here, King Terranbar of the Mithral Mountains." Mordius looked over his shoulder to the Thralls behind him. "Træler, stå ned." Instantly, crossbows were unloaded, and the Thralls with spears spread back out and returned to a rest position, spear butts on the ground, points up to the sky, and shields by their sides. Volkov stayed back with the Thralls, staying unobtrusive.

Mordius spread his hands apologetically. "Please accept my apologies for the manner of the welcoming. We couldn't be sure. We still can't, but I trust you. You seem an honest dwarf." Mordius found Terranbar's apparent lack of mistrust of him. Normally people are not so friendly to Necromancers, much less an entire nation of them. "I am afraid I have little in the way of food. We Necromancers enjoy a... different style of living."

Finding a want to change the subject, Mordius started admiring the ship. Its craftsdwarfship was astounding. "This is a fine ship. I have never seen its like in all my years."

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]The Sanctuary feasting hallOne of the older members of the court were telling a great tale of love and loss, or adventure and adrenalin, one of the great tales. The Sanctuary was most certainly a place for someone looking for a great tale, which is why they had such an abundance of bards, since so many who travelled within their lands had a story to share from their home and nearly everywhere in the land wanted someone to tell them such a tale of woe. Indeed, many whom visited the land came only to hear a story by a fire with good food and good company. Averiax was smiling as he watched the children's face of shock and surprise at a slightly more intense part of the tale. He took another swig of his drink and leaned back on his 'throne'. There were two thrones in Vitraxia, one in the throne room, it was carved of stone and had intricate and beautiful carvings of dragons and shields, all culminating at the center where it showed a towering mountains whose peak resembled a crown and was indeed about level with the young kings head, was used for occasions like coronations and more spiritual events. The one Avariax sat upon was slightly simpler, but it too had dragons upon it, and an intertwining tree with convulsing branches which rose to form, again, the shape of a crown. This throne was made of wood and was situated in the feasting hall. The young king had invited the whole town to his hall to enjoy the spoils of his hunt which, along side the boar included a few rabbits and some mysteries from the kitchen. He watched the old man spin his tale as even grown men stood wide eyed at what he had to say. The room was warm, despite the cool night outside and the atmosphere was both serene and jolly. Just as he rested his head on his hand, he himself interested and listening to the story, a man burst through the door, he was an elf, he was immediately followed a pair of dwarves who had struggled to keep pace.

"MY LORD! The keepers to the west, smoke billows forth from their island and red flames dance about their house!" The elf shouted without hesitation of a pause.

"Aye m'lord!" said the first dwarf, a kinsman of Mjorn "I saw it too, I dinnae knoo wat tae saw" he continued, puffing and chuffing as he tried to get the words out "but I cant say it looked like any beast or man I know of!" The room was silent. All eyes were on the trio, two of whom were panting away as the last one stood straight.

The last dwarf then chimed in "Your Lordship I think they-"

"Not now!" Mjorns kinsman interrupted knowing that the dwarf was going to say what he though he say.

"No, I haftae! I beleive they were 'Deep Ones'" The room gasped as one, all but Averiax. He just looked deep into the dwarfs eyes, across the hall. He felt that the dwarf honestly beleived what he said, Mjorns kinsman chimed back in

"Tis just a mif lad, they dinnae exsist outta tall tales!"

"Sound the alarm." he said, coolly. Slowly rising from his seat. True the little island did not belong to The Sanctuary, they claimed independence and no one had ever had a problem with that, however, in all but name they were The Sanctuary. His Lordship was not going to ignore this threat. To travel to that island you either crossed a might ocean or you sailed in water owned by The Sanctuary and he knew which he thought more likely. "The storm arrives at last." he said as he exited the hall to continue wallowing in stunned silence. Not long after he left then he heard bells ring all over the land, calling to militia to arms. The Sanctuary was listening, now it just needed someone to target. All over the place torches could be seen rushing towards him as children were ushered into homes. He knew that this, be it a message to them or just an act of violence, was indeed a threat to their well being. "Loyal men of the Sanctuary, those who know that 'Darkness gives way to light a new way' and that 'Time will never touch you Here in this enchanted place' go to all the small villages and farmsteads, sound their alarms and have them rest the night in my hall. Until the sun rises a second time do not rest. While your friends and family rest away their fear and worry, prepare places for those who travel to stay! Build temperary homes for them all around this city, for only this small town, nestled between water and wood, aside a mighty waterfall and a well watched, dense wood, only here can we truly keep them safe. Bring all to Vitraxia and watch the woods. Protect the waterfall its majesty. Protect this hall and protect your king who would die for you as you would for me!" He called, damning himself that he let Mjorn persuade him to let him travel to the land of his kin. Mjorn, my dear friend, I hope you would think favourably of my actions. he thought, knowing that there was more to protect here then great value of many lives, but also the even great value of knowledge, of culture and of a way of life.

[/QUOTE]
In the dark, the Deep Ones had mastered their art of culling those who they deemed lower than themselves. Though it was uncommon for them to kill women, especially humans, this was no mere exploration. The Deep Ones were on a War Path, one that would leave many bloodied bodies in their wake. While the Pelagic Deep Ones were drunken with blood, craving more as they practically swam across the vast gap between the Keeper's island and the mainland, the Crustaceans were far more intelligent and calmed about the situation. Silently clacking away, unable to communicate they merely put their massive bodies between the fishmen and their beloved home. Most got the message.

Dathan had spent his time planning, he was smart for a Pelagic Deep One, smart enough to challenge a Crustacean even! This was a dangerous combination, history- now known as mythology showed that Intelligent Pelagic Deep Ones bore nothing but terror and misery for the surface world. He had suspected that SOME from the small outpost must have survived and were hiding- they would not escape. Pelagic Deep Ones combed the island, keeping each other in view as they rounded up the survivors- alive. The people they found, mostly frightened men and women, few children but they too were roughly herded to Dathan were they were put on their knees before the Eldritch Captain. Dathan removed his heavy coat and revealed all manner of weapons on his person, the eyes of his prisoners grew wide with fear, tears welled in their eyes and frightful gasps escaped the throats of the cattle as Dathan's clawed hand landed on his cutlass' hilt.

"Ta'u' ghuftft gu xuia nu guug, thannus ta'a xuia r'un sha Daal Onat!" he said, his ancient language unnerving, the very words causing the fearful prisoners nauseous and pale. Dathan counted heads, tapping the tip of his sword against each persons chest as he counted them aloud. "Ona... Tghu... Th'aa... Fuia'... Fu'a... Sugn... Sa'an... Eughs... Nuna... Tan... Efta'an... Tghaft'a." he stopped on the last, a fearful young boy easily the youngest of those captured. Kneeling before the child, Dathan's wide fish eyes locked with his.

In an instant, his form shifted, his form shifted scales slowly melded into one another, turning a fleshy pink in color. His skull and bones cracked and broke as his structure morphed and changed into a spitting mirror image of the child. Down to the last detail he was exactly the same, so much so that the boy fainted and the other prisoners wailed and screamed in terror- struggling against their Pelagic holders in vain. Even the boy's clothes were copied, it was a haunting display of the Deep One's power. One that most couldn't endure without going insane, though the changing was only beginning as a Crustacean lumbered towards the prisoners who's wails and screams only got louder as the hulking mass of chitin and barnacles let out a low bellow and released a horrific eldritch creature.

A fleshy orb shaped thing, just larger than a human's head. It had one large eye on the center of it's body and crawled around on several spiny legs. The top of it's body opened into a toothed maw, several tentacles whipping out and flailing through the air. The creature was quick to move to the fainted boy, skittering across the ground at a frightening speed. Dathan, disguised as the child smiled a devil's smile and pointed at the boy;

"Taka shut una't nung... Ang sha usha't." the terrible language sounded almost painful to be spoken with human vocal cords. A theory that proved to be true as blood began seeping from Dathan's human mouth, he paid no mind. The creature stood over the boy's chest, the large black orb eye darting about while the tentacles felt up the head and suddenly jammed into the boy's ears. The child's eyes sprung open as he looked on in terror as the Eldritch monstrosity sucked the very mind from the boy. The process only lasted but a few seconds but for the victim- it would last a lifetime as they were left in a vegetative state afterwards. "Guug... Guug Vaagna, nugh ft'ung na hut nung." Dathan said, blood spraying out his mouth as he spoke the uncanny words. Without a hesitation, the brain sucker scurried towards Dathan, climbing up and repeating the process.

"One down... Twelve to go..." a voice said, it didn't belong to Dathan- it was the Child's. A perfect imitation had been made a terrifying ordeal awaited all those being held prisoner as they continued to sob uncontrollably as one by one, the process was repeated. In the end, twelve perfect replicas had been made from twelve Pelagic Deep Ones. Not a moment too soon as one of the vile crewmembers shouted;

"Thax a'a thunung! Tha nan ur sha Santhsiaa'x, un ra' g'aasa' nianfta'!" Dathan's smile faded and was replaced with one of pure terror, the young child replica began sobbing uncontrollably and slapped itself a few times before rolling around in the dirt, adding from gruff. The twelve other replica's did the same before the they all scattered into the forests screaming and crying for help, their voices ricocheting throughout the woods.

The Crustacean's knowing that their numbers were too few, retreating back into the water, curling up into a ball when they had reached a depth acceptable and impersonated a grouping of rocks- with their barnacle friends they made for decent candidates. The remaining Pelagic Deep Ones proceeded to rip the prisoners to shreds, taking extra procaution and mangling their faces beyond recognition and consuming their bodies until they were fat with the flesh of man. Most of the Pelagic Deep Ones followed after the Crustaceans and dove into the waters on the opposite side of the island to avoid the prying eyes of the approaching human ship and swam to a depth where they would not be seen. A select few Deep Ones gave chase to the Replicas, about eight of the Deep Ones chasing Dathan and two others while the rest merely cried and screaming in mania.

“Fresh pawns?” Corun inquired to the one in front of him. The huge etherium bolder turned slowly and nodded. “Very good. We suspect a mage may have done this. We need to find out if any core has a mage wondering alone. That is dangerous. We cannot let a single one of them loose, we`re loosing precious numbers. Gasster!”

“Yes?” The goldflesh mage stepped forward, clearly trying to keep his posture forcefully.

“The mage appears to be talented. He produced this many pawns this quickly…Make sure he is given proper training and instructing, then placed somewhere we can make use of his full potential.” Corun pointed towards the small army that had been formed right there. The ground was now exposed dirt and rock as the layer of etherium had been removed to produce the pawns.

“Of course, main speaker. I will make sure he gets whatever he needs to…” Gasster began to reply.

“You will, but ONLY what he needs. He wasted too much etherium to make this pawns. Even if that`s the only flaw with his work here, it is still a flaw that needs correction. Search every inch of the Silverlands if needed but find him and instruct him properly. Talent shall not go wasted.” Corun explained. “Now, call another mage to clean this mess back into the ground.”

Corun began to walk away gazing out to the sky in the horizon. It was hard to tell it apart from the etherium, since the metal reflected the sunlight all too well. Well, it might come in handy in the future. It made Corun think about what the other races would think of the sky…and the ground…and the sea…so many distant possibilities.

The sound made Corun turn, seeing the pawn that came galloping. This beings created by the primal cores never ceased to amaze him. They were complex, even functional, yet always lacked any form of reason. At least the other pawns could follow simple orders. This primal pawns had to be forced to even move and they seemed to absolutely refuse to shift except if controlled by a mage. That particular characteristic had led Corun to attempt to gain forces to prepare himself for the encounters with the strangers, by controlling monsters. However, the size of some monsters was all too big for proper control by a single mage, especially underwater where the mages would have to loose part of their focus to keep themselves from sinking.

Corun was quick to notice the extra bulge in the pawn`s back. He removed the plate from there and read what was inscribed.

“At last…” He turned “Gasster, you Menuin and Gtuin will be working together for a bit. We need to produce platforms and sea sentries. Reshape the ground pawns if you have to. We found the strangers.”

(OOC: I`d like to remove a point from ground military to sea military. )

……

A few days later, preparations done or not, Corun knew he couldn`t wait any more. If he did, he might miss the hint he was given. That lucky chance.

“Send Merin and…that other Goldflesh mage…Cix. Yes. The two of them are to make sure they get the diplomacy working, by any means necessary and return empty handed only if war is inevitable. Get them on a plataform.”

(OOC: Will be adding more characters as well.)

Gromand’s Keep

"Have the ambassadors been sent peon?" King Naroku asked as he scanned the list of nations cited as having the necessary resources to be of use. It hadn't been long since his deceleration of the second great conquest and with diligent swiftness the noble houses had taken it upon themselves to be the first to return with their technological plunder. None yet had the power to declare war, only to offer trade and threats to obtain it. Once all diplomatic options had been exhausted, would glorious combat be initiated. He did not really expect any great results from his subjects initial endeavors, but so long as they followed orders he did his duty as King. Perhaps, he considered, they could even find one with the skill to modify his most uncomfortable throne.

The human pointed to the names on the scroll. "Yes my liege, all has been prepared as you ordered." He motioned to a map unfurled next to the list. “So far we have identified 6 nearby nations as being suitable for possible trade, alliances, or invasion.” He took a step back to let his master examine the two scrolls.“The first embassy shall be arriving at the Hive cities in the north soon, from them we will ask for designs for air ships to replace our pieces of shi-“ he immediately himself cut off mid-word “I mean there is nothing wrong with our-“ The peon stammered to find the words needed to recover this loss of face.

Before he could do so, he was interrupted by Reikland “There is no need to be coy about it, our air technology is nonexistent.” He stood up and leaned over the table, eyes fixed on the northern woods. “The Yaruks are fine airmen: a single ship design would allow us to create what we need for an air force.” He paced around the table, a well-manicured green talon resting on his chin. “Who has been sent as ambassador?”

“According to the records, it is a knight called… Krator of… house Reveron”

The King looked up and shot a confused glance at his servant. “Who?”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Near the Northern Edge of Naroku territory

“The forest are in sight, keep up the pace lads.” Krator announced as rode onward with increasing enthusiasm, a small band of retinue mixed, with emissaries from Naroku riding in a carriage, lagged meters behind him. Five orc squires and 6 human yeoman horsemen in full armor and attire drove their steads onward to keep up with their lord. Despite his weight and lack of agility, Krator was always able to outride almost all his retinue. Almost all of them.

“Sir, the ambassador wishes to make camp when night falls. Shall we attempt to reach the woods before then or stop for the night here?” Asked his human attendant who seemed to have magically pulled ahead of Krator. Sumisi was the descendant of a tribe of nomads from a faraway land across the sea. He was a master of the horse and the only one in Krator’s squad that could match him blade for blade and out ride him on horseback. He did not wear the steel armor fit for his station, preferring simple chainmail and leather.

The sun dipped low into the sky. They would have to ride fast to make it before darkness obscured the path and the cold grip of the night took them. It would be hard and they would be exhausted by the time they arrived. Then again, it might be fun. “Ride with me lads!” Krator called back “First one to the trees gets double rations tonight!” A great cheer came from his tired troops. In the distant flashes of light could be seen in the distant north, splashing the green trees with great displays of light. Krator was thrilled by the sight and rode to eagerly with the promise of adventure on the horizon.

They rode together in the dim firelight of the setting sun.

@GrieveWriter

The next morning Rithus boarded the ship he arrived on, a slick schooner that went by the name Asesen. The ship was primarily constructed of wood and had two decks below the sky deck, one below where the cannons were held, with a small cut off area in the back for the officers of the ship, then one farther below where the rest of the cargo and crew was held. The color of the ship was a faded red and blue, the sea having worn away a good bit of the paint near to the keel of the vessel. He exchanged briefly with the captain, and older gentlemen who wore a large grin most days, though it was hard to see through the thick beard he always wore, before retiring below in the officers quarters for a while.

After three days he woke to the sounds of sea birds crying out and the uproarious clamour of sailors and merchants on the docks. He could not hide the smile painted on his face as he slipped on his overcoat and stepped above deck, a wince flashing across his face as he raised his hand, the sudden flood of light burning his eyes for a moment. The city stood before him, as alive as it ever was, the palace sitting proudly above all else in the distance. The port was filled with ships, from large military vessels to the smallest of fishing vessels, and men, each with his own job, whether it was guarding the port or carrying cargo for a long journey. As far as the eye could see was an ocean of roof tops ascending the hill, towers speckling the artificial sea like rocks stuck in a swift river.

With a small sigh he tore himself away from the sight of his home town, which always seemed to fill him with joy no matter how many times he saw it, and trudged forward, stepping off the ship and onto the sturdy pier before walking off. Much like Simith Raan he felt the need to compliment his people, give them advice, guide them, though he still knew that he had to get to the palace in a timely manner.

He reached the top of the hill in a few hours, after getting distracted a few times, his brow glistening with sweat as he stood at the doors of the palace, panting lightly with a stupid smile still painted across his face. The servants at the door looked to him in a worried manner for a moment but did not interfere, instead opening the Intricately carved doors that lead into the main courtyard. With a small nod he walked through the portal, stopping near the center of the square space. Whenever there was a large public announcement it would be stated here. Unlike most of the palace grounds this place was more practical than showy, with bleach white flagstone floors and a upper level lining the edges of the courtyard where guards and higher ranking officials would stand.

Before he even made it to the next door it was already opened leading into the large hall, which was decorated with paintings of the former leaders, both of the Eros and Satinus lines, benches, and chandeliers which hung between large arches. Along the floor was a long rug colored blue and green with gold threaded in at the hems of the long piece of fabric. The small amount of officials and servants he passed gave him a small bow before moving on with their duties and he was almost glad not to have them bother him. At the end of the large hall was another pair of large doors, each made of a rare wood faced with gold, already held ajar by the small flow of officials. Inside was his court, a circular room with the map of the known world painted on the floor and chairs lining the edge of the room. Much like in Simith Raan the chairs got a step higher the closer to the center they got, the center being where the kings chair was positioned. It was a rather frivolous throne, or so he would like to think, with a large fireplace behind him, the flames crackling idly as he stepped towards the seat, hesitating for a split moment before turning and sitting down on it.

Soon after his court filled the room, like rats waiting for their meal to be given to them by a rotting butcher. After they had fully assembled they started to talk amongst themselves, obviously wondering why he had came back so soon and why he had he so brashly declared war against the natives. He himself had agreed that the decision was brash, though it would not have many negative consequences so he found it was not worth making a fool of himself over to repeal. Half of the nation was itching for something to happen and the other half needed more land anyways, not to mention to natives were a nuisance for the northern farmers, so it was a win win situation in the end.

After another minute he cleared his throat, the room around him quickly becoming silent as they all looked to him. For a moment he stalled, looking at the expectant faces, before he cleared his throat again and began. "On the matter of war-" He could instantly hear a scribe start to write to the side, his pen roughly pushing against the paper in curved strokes. "we are to march into the northern wildlands in the next spring." A small clamour broke out, as was expected, but quickly calmed back down as a man rose to speak

"Who is to be in charge of such a invasion of the wildlands?" The man who spoke was Galnith kelrasi, an ambitious commander in the left army. He had thick arms and an even thicker chest to match, his body adorned in the colors of an officer who was not currently in battle, with a green sash over his chest. His face was strange as he was bald, but had a large beard that hung down from his chin so that you could barely account for any facial features other than his large nose and beady eyes.

"General Unenith Lothik of Ryncerith, leader of the Left Wing shall lead the assault against the natives." Almost instantly a rebuttal left the others lips, its tone making him sound almost indignant. "Liege is there not a better choice for this job?" The small clamouring of disgust rippled through the room for a moment as Rathis said nothing, holding eye contact with Galnith until he sat back down, shamed.

"Are there any others who would speak out against my decision, lest the find it in poor tastes." His voice ricocheted violently across the room as he looked at each one of them, waiting a moment before sighing and leaning back, the cold metal of the chair pressing against his neck.

"Two days from now I shall ride from here to the capital of the mountain dragons to seek their aid in this endeavor. As effective immediately we shall send out the decree. Court abolished. Now leave me to my own devices." The room was silent except for the shuffling of feet as the men left the room, whispering amongst themselves, leaving Rithus to sit on the throne alone for a while longer before eventually retiring to his room.

Near the southern edge of Yarukan territory...

"-and as the water spirit shed a single tear, she let me float up to the world of the surface where I belong." Feasili concluded "After taking a moment to mourn the loss of such a wonderful budding relationship, I made my way back to the both of you. The end."

Across from him, sitting cross-legged before a small table were both Eldan and Delsar, the High Scholar giving him a look of disappointment while the Beast Master held his hands apart in a meditative position.

"First off, that entire story is utterly imbecilic." Eldan stated off "Secondly, you could've just admitted to leaving us to deal with those bandits while you flirted unsuccessfully with the natives."

"But it was true!" Feasili said with a look of happy remembrance "we rode upon the lake's beasts together and fashioned a raft using the trees!"

"I could literally see you chasing down those forest goblin females, yelling lewd proclivities like a newborn grub as we fought off three dozen of those barbarians." Eldan stated blandly

Feasili shrugged "Perhaps your age has finally reached you, dear Ellie, I know of some helpful brews that might calm your raging hallucinations."

Eldan's grip on his trademark staff tightened, but he held his stability.

His Personal Airship now hovered over one of the few expansion strongholds that dotted the forest area of Yarukan Territory. The Stronghold was simply a smaller version of the cities in the Dry Frontier, much smaller mind you. the same metal and stone architecture was there, but they seemed to have only twenty thick built buildings spread out within a series of gated walls. And as guards moved about the stronghold's walls, the airship flew overhead in circles above them.

The tweeting of a bird nearby drew Delsar's attention, and as the Beast Master walked over to the bird which had perched itself on the nearby railing, Feasili continued speaking.

"After this, maybe we could journey to one of our neighbors." the Archmage offered "We could turn this into a continent wide vacation!"

"For what reason would I possibly agree to using my ship to visit our neighboring nations?" Eldan asked as Delsar hummed with bird resting gently within his claw

"Oh come now," Feasili said before counting on is fingers "drinking ale with the mountain dwarves, meeting with some elven women across the mountain, soaring through the skies with the Uros, meeting with some elven women across the mountain, something about the southern Orcs, did I mention Elven women?"

"I'd castrate you if I could."

"Aw, I know you would, Ellie." Feasili said as he patted the High Scholar on the shoulder "Its just your way of saying you care."

Before the High Scholar could retort, Delsar returned "Orcs arriving from the south," the Beast Master said as he connected mentally with the bird "at the current pace, they shall arrive before nightfall."

"Huh, well I guess you got that neighborly interaction you've been seeking, Archmage." Eldan said "Is it everything you could dream of?"

The Archmage fell to his hands and knees, and began pounding a fist against the deck of the airship as he sobbed "Why... why couldn't they... be Elven women?!?"

Eldan rolled his eyes before calling out "Bring us to a hover!"

Soon, the Airship ceased going around in circles and lowered itself down a bit until it was several stories above the ground. At the railing, Eldan looked off for the approaching Orcs, squinting his eyes as he did.

(@Three Clubs )

"so thus dint work..."

"Yes my lord as i knew installing a wall placement weapon on a boat would surely fail"

'ThERE! yES HMM YESYESYEYES!....there HAD! to be a flaw i the protoTYpe! it MUST have work Perfectly! Hmm yesyesyesyesyes,the furNACe was far to small and weak"

"Sir Klok Work we can lay the plans for rest,we cant perish more materials on such work that Wont succeed,we need some one who knows of such before we continue"

"Indeed i agree"

"Nononononononono!!! no one knows much as KLOK!....bUt yes my king klok can WAIT!"

Klok work was a inventor and...crazy one,the elder drake might not seem like trusty inventor but he was the one that did came up and created the Dragonator itself,as well the inventor of the Draken bows made of pure metal and there massive arrows,Klok work always came up with some sort of idea and creation that caught the attention of the king,with the success of the dragonator and the drake bow as well the concept for commander Markov,s sword,such drake like Klok Work cant be ignored,with this the king raised his hand high as 2 vanguards would escort sir klok work out of throne room to his workshop,where thus they stand was the kings Throne room,large and massive,the 2 thrones for the king and queen where made of bone with a large skull carried on the back of a shen hermit over them,the skull itself was black as long ages in the sun has turn the skull black as coal,the kings throne was barbaric with bones forming its arms and seat but where the king lay his back was made of dragonite,the blue metal,was not much and being pretty wealthy could have made a bigger one but no need for,the queen was not present at this time but her Throne was much more less barbaric,completely made of Pure dragonite metal and with a large Onyx gem the size of a pen palm at the top of her throne.The king would nod as once klok left,he would turn towards his most trusted commander and say with a deep draken tone "I am astonish no one was hurt in the incident"he said as markov would nod respectfully and reply "It thus took time for the furnace to erupt,it gave us our chance to flee from danger"he said as the king would scratch his scaled chin as he finds it odd the furnace full of firestone dint just erupt immediately and tear the ship to bits,but made much more sens as they where at sea,maybe the water dint let the firestone explode in a violate way "well good,last thing i would desire is loosing my juggernaut commander now tell me how-"the king could not finish as the doors to the room burst open,a draken knight came in hyperventilating, as he announce "My King!..message .From the Golden coast!...Something is approaching!"he said with breaths each word,the king alarmed would ask"Calm down! Tell me in clear words"

"My king we don't know what it is! its by far our Knowledge! a large chunk of metal land is moving over the water towards us!"

the king stood silent,confused,a large piece of land made of metal is making there way towards them? how is that possible,land floating over the water...must be some sort of magic anomaly,the king had a confused and shock look at what he just heard unable to process what he heard,"markov i want you to investigate what is going on immediately,whatever that is....investigate now"

"Yes my lord....i thus think we are under siege...i will bring my men with me and send order to prepare defenses over the walls and dragonator"

----------------------------

*Sometime has pass*

Markov was standing at the shores of the Golden coast,his boots on the Golden sand,behind him was the wall city of liondar,like any of the three cities all have massive walls,all with in strategic locations large holes with spikes in them,being the Dragonator weapon,the city of liondar had a large port inside of the city but that was stop from any boats entering or exiting as something was approaching,the walls of Liondar at its top where drakes with there draken bows and little amounts with "Drake fire" a cannon like device that uses firestone as ammo and ignition,once the large sphere of firestone is light up it would ignite and explode under pressure lunching the stone at great speed,its in short the "Cannon" for the drakes,it dint look that menacing what was coming but no risque will be taken,on shore Markov stood with his hands on his back,4 Vanguard Juggernauts where at his side as if this was a attack they could escape as those on the walls distract them,Markov saw this....metal land floating over the water towards them,if this was a siege the city of liondar would be ready,as well the rest.

@Idea

A slight but genuine smile appeared on the human necromancer's face. "I am King Mordius, of Jormand." "You will find no foes here, King Terranbar of the Mithral Mountains." King Mordius looked over his shoulder to the living dead behind him and shouted orders in a language Terranbar could not understand. Instantly, crossbows were unloaded, and the living with spears spread back out and returned to a rest position, spear butts on the ground, points up to the sky, and shields by their sides. A second, less ornate necromancer stayed back with the living dead, staying unobtrusive.

King Mordius spread his hands apologetically. "Please accept my apologies for the manner of the welcoming. We couldn't be sure. We still can't, but I trust you. You seem an honest dwarf." Terranbar smiled, he was starting to like this necromancer, but he was still more than a bit nervous, which was apparent on by his white knuckles, the blood being drained from holding on to his axe hilt a bit too tight.

"I am afraid I have little in the way of food. We Necromancers enjoy a... different style of living."

Changing the subject, the necromancer said; "This is a fine ship. I have never seen its like in all my years."

Terranbar struggled to contain his grin as he took the compliment, he didn't want the necromancer thinking they were friends just yet. Terranbar was quite proud of the airships his kinsmen had invented. Just 50 years ago a Dwarfs in the skies was nothing but a dream. But decades of work later, now even a Dwarven Child could fly high into the sky.

"Eh, really just a simple thing, that is". "Rather small too..." Unable to contain his grin, Terranbar led it spread across his face. "Five decades of work, that thing is. Took us that long to get the kinks out.... many a Dwarf fell to an untimely death..." As he said the last part his grin faded, replaced with a slight frown. He quickly shook it off though, now was not the time.

"Anyways, we are hear to explore and discover... I think a tour is in order" Terranbar grinned once more.

@Fezzes

The Border between Yarukan and Naroku territory

“Yarukan fort ahead sir” alerted one of the orc squires. They were riding through the strip of no man’s land between the borders of Yarukan and Naroku territory. The orcs and the men were on edge. Few had ever left their home city, let alone travel across the land into another nation. To be greeted by a great flying monster descending from the skies caused a few to quake in their saddles. The idea of floating ships was something of children’s tales and stories, to see one now before them struck them with awe.

If Krator felt anything akin to fear he did not show it. “Raise the flags, sound the horn! Let them know who approaches!” He called back. His tired riders did as orders. One of the men raised the green and brown flag of house Reveron, while the largest of the orcs held the flag of Naroku. The horn was blown loudly to announce their approach, though it seemed an entirely unnecessary gesture as the airship began to dip down and hover above the fortress in the distance.

“Have they accepted our parley sir?” A nervous orc asked as they entered Yarukan territory proper.

“Well they aren’t shooting at us yet” Krator quipped “So I’d hazard a yes.”

“What are they like anyway?” asked one of humans “Are they orcs, humans, dwarvish…?”

“Not any of those. They are living things that eat, breathe, and bleed. That’s good enough description for me and it will be good enough for you.”
The growing uncertainty among his troops was getting too much for Krator. As they approached the walls of the fort he began to truly understand what his King meant by ignorance being their greatest enemy.

They positioned themselves a respectful distance away from the fort and dismounted. Krator and two of his flag carrying retinue approached the Yarukan with the two orc ambassadors, who had by this time collected themselves after the speedy journey. Once they were no more than a arrows distance away they stopped, planted the flags, and waited for the Yarukan to acknowledge their approach.

@GrieveWriter

Silently the Uros cities floated above the desert, the next thing to clouds this sun bleached land had. Animals could be seen slowly tracking the city, with predators eyeing the prey that lingered in it's shadow to escape the heat. But those that lived on top of these cities did not have such relief, so they made their own. Massive awnings stretched over practically everything made everything look like snow drifts. The sad truth was, however, that most Uros did not know what snow was and laughed at foreigner's insistence that such a thing existed. The few foreigner's that were allowed on should have felt honored, not many merchants are allowed to trade directly with the cities unless they have a contact. And even foreign ambassadors, if any would ever come, would only grudgingly be given a place to sleep and told to strictly follow their laws and rules.

But everyone knew of the Uros' suspicions of outsiders, and did as they were told. But not all was as usual. A rather curious Uros had his eyes set on something outside of the Great Desert. And he would not settle for being cooped up in a Guild hall. No, he wanted to explore, to learn what this wide world had to offer him, even if that meant crossing the dreaded ocean. But alas, he couldn't, for he had much more important duties to attend to. Ones of ruling an entire nation and putting up with a council that agreed on different topics every day, flippantly switching between agreeing one day then not the next. It was truly a frustrating scenario for him, but at least he had his songs to play, and ears to listen to the songs of everyone else that wished to contribute to the orchestra that was life.

Aashran currently sat cross legged in his house, low table before him, and a his didgeridoo on top of it. He felt like playing, and yet nothing could come to mind. One did not read music, one felt it with their heart, or equivalent of one, and soul. Any buffoon could play music off of a sheet and mindlessly harmonize. But it took a true master to combine harmonies, add to the song that was currently being played, supplementing it and improving it, allowing it to resonate for just that much longer. However, he could not currently think of a single note to play.

The Council had nearly had a collective stroke when they realized that they had to interact more with the outside world. Aashran had broached the subject countless times before, but always he had been told no, ranging from subtle hints to being outright ignored or told no. He shouldn't feel smug about the panic the Council is no doubt having, but frankly he was. As the Head Councilor, a fancy title which meant almost nothing except to announce what the Council has agreed upon, he is supposed to be tasked in guiding the rest towards what is right. That was like trying to guide one of those metal beasts some merchants mentioned from across the ocean. Once they decided to go in a direction, it was hard to change it's course. Perhaps the Council will give one of those beasts a run for it's money when it comes to determination.

But he had to be patient, he had to endure. But he worried that he might have to buy a new didgeridoo after he breaks his current one, beating one Council member or another's head in with it. But that would not do, he would get blood on his beard, and his chimes would make such an ear grating clatter that it would not be worth it. But he might not care, sooner or later he will not care.

The High Scholar

Eldan looked over the edge towards the Orcs who had began approaching, considering them with a slightly cynical eye. Looking back, the High Scholar looked over the still sobbing form of Feasili and the respectfully silent visage of Delsar, before sighing and stepping away from the railing. He yelled several orders to the Airship's crew before turning to Delsar, "Keep him here, keep him silent, keep him from interacting. Got it?"

Delsar simply nodded before walking over and kneeling near Feasili.

The Stronghold's guards had only partially converged on the wall facing the Orcs while the rest continued their rounds. Keeping an eye on the motley crew, they didn't notice the High Scholar descending to the ground on his staff until he stopped above the ground and softly landed.

Eldan turned towards the Orcs, gripping his staff like a walking aid before raising his free hand, holding two fingers back towards the Stronghold and gesturing to the Yarukan guards.

Looking at each other for a moment, four Yaruks vaulted over the top of the wall and landed before following Eldan over till they were several feet from the Orcs. Remembering what he already knew about their Orcish neighbors and their human servants, Eldan had deigned not to speak in Yarukan and looked them up and down. With him reaching a height similar to their human accomplices, and the Average Yaruks looming two feet behind him, Eldan began speaking.

"So, what brings you to our little piece of green?" Eldan asked in a more legible language for them.

(@Three Clubs )

Slowly but surely Delumnar strode through the aisles in the library of science. Dust drifted lazily through the air settling on the bronze tomes. The room was illuminated by from over head by the frozen dome formed by frozen ice. Slowly she pulled out a tome labeled "The Eighth Lord of Magic." She had always loved this novel since it tells of history all the way back to the original ancestors of the ancestors and explains how there was an eighth ancestor who focused on magic. This however proved to be their undoing. She unleashed powers that was beyond her control, a portal to a world void of anything and sucked her in, fortunately she was able to stop her magic before results could be catastrophic. Sometimes Delumnar wonders what their kingdom would be like if the Eighth Lord survived. Some of her notes were recovered, but this path proved to be a dangerous route and lost all interest.

Suddenly at the end of the aisle Solortis rounded the corner. Her whitish sheen representative of her Platinum coating with amounts of aluminium as her main support. It always amazed Solortis how sisters varied so much in terms of their composition. This has been traced to the fact that metals during mitosis group up in the process condensing different materials in each developing Terravir.

"The Council of seven will be holding their annual celebration in three weeks at Hok'tan." Solortis said as she slowly walked down aisle with her hand rubbing against the bronze spines of the books.

"
Thank you, I would appolagize for not attending the gathering, but you know I was more interested in other events." Slowly Delumnar put her book back onto the shelf as she turned to face her sister. "I believe we should put more focus on advancing our science. There are tales of people beyond the ocean, The most we have encountered is the soft flesh just north of us. But there are tales of great flying ships, what if we could be like them."

"
So this is what your interest was, remember sister that all paths are important even if they don't seem like it, imagine what others would think if we supported one kingdom's efforts over another. I understand your intrigue, but we can't alienate our own."

"But sister, building an air vessel would prove to be a strong military advantage, a strong scientific advancement, an opening for artists to see the world anew, a place for new ideas to write about, a vehicle for trade, we could have so much with a tech like this." Delumnar turned and began to walk down the aisle being followed by by Solortis. The sun had now finally reached midday where it hits the central carving of the dome, the light began to diffract sending a cascade of thousands of colors across the various books of the library.

"I see your point, but we already have flight upon our Drak'ans... However I do see the benefit of having a larger vessel. If you can tell me what method you plan on using to create this then I may agree." Delumnar turned around and gave Solortis a nod as if to say she accepted the challenge. "Also I wanted to inform you the result's of tonight's meeting. Since we are faced with no internal issues I proposed we begin to explore the outside world. We could readily load a ship and set sail with plenty of food as well as a few Drak'ans ready for long term flight. We will ready four ships with ten Terravir each as well as three Drak'ans. one will be sent each direction, North, South, East, and West."

"Well we always had our interests in finding the unknown, your's was exploration and mine was knowledge. I hope to see what our parties will yield."

With these last words Delumnar left the library leaving Solortis alone. Her thoughts wondering whether it was right of her to deny her sisters hopes in advancement while boasting of her own accepted plans. Then again Solortis was the one who visited the council meeting. Solortis laughed aloud as she turned her attention to the library at hand. Slowly she pulled out a tome labeled "The Eighth Lord of Magic." she had always loved this novel...

Summary for those who wish not to read or lack time

Delumnar met with Solortis and proposed attempting to build an airship. Solortis will support it is Delumnar presents a feasible plan, meanwhile Solortis informed Delumnar that exploring vessels will be launched searching for new lands and people. Both wish each other luck and go their separate ways.

The breeze blew again as they sailed through the waters. Merin observed as the goldflesh mage took in a deep breath of the salty air.

“Why would you do such a thing?” He inquired. “This air is painful and harmful to us.”

“Is it? I do not feel anything as such. Quite on the contrary, I feel refreshed.” The goldflesh mage replied. “Perhaps it is from what we are made of.”

“Nevermind. Are there any nearby strangers?”

“I don`t-wait. I do not know what those over there are. It is hard to tell from here, but it seems they match the descriptions we were given.”

“Creatures fully made of flesh and bone and skin… Let us not underestimate them.” Merin, stepped forward and raised his head towards the top of the walls. “WE WISH TO SPEAK TO YOUR LEADER OR A REPRESENTATIVE OF SUCH. WE COME FROM THE SILVERLANDS AND ARE HERE TO DISCUSS AN AGREEMENT THAT THE MAIN SPEAKER CORUN PROPOSED TO THE STRANGERS WE FOUND! PLEASE COME, WE WILL BE WAITING THREE DAYS AT THE MOST.”

The myrs got into positions, surrounding Merin and Gij.

……………..

“Again?” Speaker Tarc asked. “What was it this time?”

“A pillar, speaker.” The pawn replied.

“A pillar? Has he ran out of ideas? Nomatter. We need to find this mage quickly, as main speaker Corun ordered. Any new clues?”

“No. We believe it is the same mage as the one that has been creating pawns all over the silverlands, but he appears to change his face and height frequently.”

“The speaker was right. This one is talented. And yet such talent is being wasted on such cacophonic manners. I`ll make sure to correct that. Any news from Speaker Merin yet?”

“He only departed a few days ago. It is not possible to have his news reach us so fast, unless it was an emergency.”

“So, at least we can be assured that there no emergency so far. Good. And the other speakers? How is the monster taming?”

“I do not know. I can only store so much information, speaker.”

“True, I`ll need to ask them myself once my job is done.”

……….

“What do you think, main speaker?” Gasster asked.

“Flawless, so far. Where did your students get the design?” Corun inquired in return, bending over to look at the silvery wall more closely. Despite how dark it was inside, the polished etherium still had it`s own shine, a tiny reflection of Corun`s replicas.

“Old wreckages of the stranger`s wood vessels.” The mage responded.

“Interesting. Maybe we could learn more from the strangers.” Corun commented.

“We could. Given the different affinity my goldflesh student`s show to magic, it is now so far-fetched to assume the strangers would have magic of their own for us to learn from.”

“That is also likely, but not quite what I meant. I shall keep it for myself for now, since the odds will mostly depend on what kind of strangers we find. The ones that made the cores come out were not useful for the purposes I have in mind, but it would appear these new ones might just fit.”

“Do you not trust me, main speaker?” There was anger and fear in Gasster`s tone. Surprised, Corun turned.

“I am not goldflesh, Gasster. I do not feel the same way you do. My trust to you is exactly the one you`re worth. Keep that in mind.”

Gasster took a step back.

“I am…terribly sorry, main speaker.” He said.

“Just don`t let it get to your head. And speaking of mistakes…” Corun pointed towards a set of three holes in the wall. “Correct it. It`s not flawless yet.”

Corun made his way out.

@Yonsisac

Greetings noble Yarukan’s! I am Krator, son of house Reveron and knight of Naroku. These are my companions who have traveled for days without rest to reach you. We bring word from Naroku, his honor King Reikland Naroku wishes you to hear the word of his ambassadors and carry their message to your lord” Finished Krator as he stood back and took his place in front of his men. These creatures were civil at least; most Orcs have never met other nations outside of battle, let alone travel to them when not in a military march. While some merchants have made some contacts with foreigners, travel is mainly restricted to only to highest of classes.

One such class is that of an ambassador, such as the two that now approached to deliver their messages. The one in blue robes of splendid and wonderful designs was slightly shorter than the average orc. He carried himself with the dignity expected of his position, his chiseled features and high raised chin easily identified him as one being from a long line of nobility. He spoke fluent and eloquently in a high orcish accent. “Greetings friends from across the forest. Our noble King sends his most venerable servants to offer terms for noble enterprise. We seek to ask you to permit us, to elaborate on our most humble offer. Though our nation may truly be great, we concede to thee the strength of your great flying ships and the fame of your researchers. We thus ask for you to indulge us in an alliance of trade in which you may provide us with part of this air power and knowledge in exchange for part of our vast treasury and the aid of our great military prowess.

The second figure now stepped forward to speak. A full head above the next largest orc present, she was a giant even by orc standards. She was cloaked in a patched and tattered brown robe of an ancient age, which was covered in the symbols of the clans of old. Her body bore scars of every weapon imaginable and her attempt at a polite neutral expression left her looking like she was ready to tear some ones arms off. Her tone was harsh and words were short. “Your airships, your knowledge. For wealth and military support.”

The first ambassador spoke again, flourishing his great robes as he did so. “The Naroku people have taken it upon themselves to embark on the second great conquest. We seek to recreate the ancient kingdom of old by working with our friends and neighbors to found a new age of enlightenment and learning for all to benefit. Those who do not wish to take part in this endeavor will be seen as a threat to the future and shalt be dealt with so as such. We offer this friendship.”

“Blood or books.” The second added. “We leave as friend or foe, you decide for we care not which.” Her expression remained stern, her bottom canines slightly jutting out from her jaw.

The ambassadors separated a small distance awaited the Yarukan response. As in tradition, the other party would be allowed to choose who to speak to.

(OCC: Offer of 1 Wealth/Military support : For 1 Air/ 1 Education. Negotiation welcomed but outright refusal may lead to war)

@GrieveWriter

The High Scholar

"Oh really?" Eldan said with a tilt of his head being sure to speak in an understandable form "I was under the impression that a nation boasting a population such as yours would find no need to search for such knowledge."

The High Scholar closed his eyes and shrugged "The more one knows I suppose."

He stayed that way for a moment before opening his eyes and speaking once more "Our Upper Echelon takes pride in their collection of knowledge, and as one of their Scholars I find the idea of sharing our knowledge to others less than appealing in many ways. However, I am only a single individual, and the decision does not rest on my shoulders. So how about this, we will send your message straight to our Grand Red Patriarch. He and the rest of the Upper Echelon will mull over this message and send a reply within the next several days depending on weather."

He then shrugged and placed a hand to his chin as he looked their group over, "But as a scholar I can't deny a vein of respect for those who can admit to their ineptitudes, so I as an individual can offer your little band of travelers something in return."

"You see, my party has been doing some venturing around this area conducting studies of the local fauna and plant life. Since we'll be moving around quite a bit for the next few days anyway," he gestured to his airship "how about we take you onboard and get you to several of the neighboring nations? The search for enlightenment is one I as a learned Yaruk cannot impede."

"So if you could supply me with a written form of your request I can have it tagged to a Messenger Kathrel and off to the Red Patriarch within the hour, and I could have us on our way to the Mithral kingdom to the East by the day's end."

(@Three Clubs )

"Eh, really just a simple thing, that is. Rather small too..." Terranbar replied, a grin slowly appearing on the Dwarf's face. "Five decades of work, that thing is. Took us that long to get the kinks out.... many a Dwarf fell to an untimely death..." As he said the last part Terranbar's grin faded, replaced with a slight frown. The noble dwarf shook himself out of it quickly. It was interesting to see how much the King cared about his people, even the probably lowly dwarfs who died to make something amazing like a flying machine come into being. It was mostly alien to Mordius, as he was used to his undead minions being disposable. He supposed that it was similar to how he treated Necromancers, trying to keep them alive, as their numbers were much lower than most other nation's populations, and far more important.

"Anyways, we are here to explore and discover... I think a tour is in order" Terranbar grinned once more. The little dwarf was certainly naturally happy. Another small smile appeared as Mordius gestured towards the rest of the city. "There is little to see here, but if you wish for a tour, I can do my best." Mordius waited politely for Terranbar to disembark. He hoped to give the impression that he was not a Necromancer to be feared, but a fellow ruler of a nation. It was merely the nature of the nation that differed. Many had difficulty looking past the undead, but the King on the ship seemed to be adapting well. This was a good thing for diplomacy between Jormand and the Mithral Halls. Or at least that was what Mordius felt.

@Bobisdead123

Mordius smiled and said "There is little to see here, but if you wish for a tour, I can do my best". The necromancer then waited patiently, waiting for Terranbar to disembark.

Terranbar nodded to the legionaire next to him, who in turn nodded to another, who unhinged a section of the railing, letting a hidden rope ladder fall to the ground. Still grinning to himself, Terranbar strode casually and calmly to the ladder.

Before he got to the ladder though, he was intercepted by Fendat, who softly whispered;

"Sire... Are you sure we can trust these necromancers? Fendat glanced nervously at the undead army just outside the ship. For the first time, Terranbar noticed how much differently his fellow dwarves were reacting to the necromancer and his "friends". Terranbar had quickly gotten over his suspicions. Meanwhile his fellow Dwarves stilled tightly grasped their weapons. This was actually quite normal behavior, Dwarves were known for their suspicion of magic, especially the black arts. Terranbars apparent lack of fear or suspicion was infact odd for a Dwarf.

"Yes I'm sure! Now outta me way, I got a tour to attend to!". Terranbar said as he pushed Fendat aside.

"Do you want me to accompany you at least? Or send some guards?". Fendat added quickly, for Terranbar was quickly descending from the ship.

"Only if you think the'll agree to come". Terranbar replied with a grin. As he expected, the DarkSteel legionaries backed up from them at the thought of getting off the ship.

Fendat looked at the guards, dismayed, and shook his head.

"Ill come sire, it would be an honor" he insisted.

Terranbar shook his head. "Nay, stay here. Keep the ship warm for me return".

Fendat nodded "Aye, yes sire".

With that, Terranbar slid down the rungs of the ladder and ladder with a soft thump. He turned to Mordius;

"Lead the way!"

@Fezzes

-----The Gears of War-----

The gears of war, always turning, always working. As one nation sings of peace, another whispers of war. Some tune their harps and some sharpen their blades. No matter what, the gears turn on, just hope they do not turn on you.

King Solvak, ruler of the Dark Silver caverns, the greatest mine in the under dark, sits upon his throne, made entirely of the black colored yet shiny material. His heat-vision eyes can see the slight glow of heat being given off by the floor of his throne room, just above the great furnaces of his kingdom. The furnaces are in double time, triple time even. Spitting out weapons and armor of pure Dark Silver as fast and they can shovel the ore in. Solvak smiled. The Dwarves would not stand a day. His people, the druegar dwarves were ready for the war the Dwarves had started. His people, a few inches smaller than the average Dwarf and proportionally smaller, were the Dwarves of the Under-dark.

For centuries the Dwarves had dug their tunnels deeper and deeper, getting ever closer to what Solvak considered his territory. He had tolerated these slight incursions; there was little of value in them. But their latest mines of Mithral Hall went too far, dug too deep. Everyday they pull valueble ore from the depths, ore that rightly belongs to Solvak. Ever since the day the mines had been reopened the gears of war gas been turning in the Druegar kingdom. And now they were ready. Soon the Dwarves would find more than the occasional Orc band to deal with

Zalakar had been issuing orders all day to the little trouble he had, for the last decade all he has done is stayed in the darkness, watch from the shadows as the pitiful nations squandered over politics. In times of war politics are a sustenance, without it the body of a nation would turn on one another, but in times of peace people arguing over farmland in which they had plenty greatly angered him. It had been his thought the entire day, breaking his train of thought a young pup ran into the throne room covered in blood. "Brother tried stopping them....," the young pup stopped mid sentence and broke down crying. Nodding to one of his shamans he quickly ran over and put a blanket around the pup. "Where did this happen little one," Zalakar said in a deep almost deathly tone. "West," a single word the young boy let out before being carried away by the shaman.

The throne room had gone quiet as if it were a ceremony. "Bring my sword," Zalakar said breaking the silence. In several minutes Zalakar and the King's Guard had prepped themselves for a long run to confront whatever attacked the pup's village. Zalakar and his King's Guard clad in thick leather armor sprinted up the steps of his tomb city. Within two hours Zalakar could smell the blood stained country side, just at the border. The pup's village was probably a farming village or one of the blacksmith villages.

After observing the village for a few minutes he could tell that the attackers had gone north west. After following the trail he quickly spotted them, a band of raiders all of them different races. It didn't take long for Zalakar to position half his men on either side of the unsuspecting raiders. Watching as they walked he made his way so that he was ahead of the column, after telling lieutenants what his plan was they all got into place. The supposed leader trotted a few meters ahead on his horse. Almost like a blur Zalakar sprang from a nearby bush and was ontop of the leader, his screams masked by the terrifying sounds of Zalakar killing him. After a few seconds the entire column stopped in shock, rising up from his dead prey he turned toward the column his snout and claws covered in blood. With a bloodcurdling roar his forces came out from the trees and bushes, the slaughter had begun. Within a few seconds more than half of the raiders were dead and Zalakar had joined the fighting, grabbing enemies by the head and slamming them like ragdolls. Within a few more seconds almost all of them were dead and Zalakar's force had suffered a few minor wounds. A dwarf had grabbed his leaders horse and began riding away, before any of Zalakar's King's Guard could give chase he rose his fist stopping them. "Let the fear spread," Zalakar's words were short and muttered, his soldiers knew exactly what he wanted and they wanted it aswell.

The ambassadors quickly conversed among themselves and agreed to the idea of sending a written proposal. The terms were prepared in the form of the scroll carried by the first ambassador, though the second one made sure to sign it by puncturing her thumb with her teeth and applying a bloody thumb print seal. The first ambassador then handed the rolled up parchment to the high scholar.

Krator quickly mused over his options. By accepting this offer, he was overextending the authority given to him by directly interacting with other nations. Then again, he thought, this would be a great opportunity to compile a report on the capabilities of this flying craft and it would help house Reveron claim the glory of parlaying with other nations before any other house could. He was hoping to find adventure and here it was inviting him to climb aboard.
"We will accept your offer" he decided "On the condition I can bring my escort to accompany the ambassadors of course. We will need to leave some of the humans behind to return the horses, but if your ship could fit us we would be willing to travel." If anything he could at least learn something from their host. Perhaps he would be willing to share some of own personal knowledge of plants during the journey. Every fact brought back to Naroku would bring great honor to his house, no matter how mundane.

His troops cautiously boarded the craft. His orcs hesitated upon boarding and initial lift off, uncomfortable in their heavy armaments. It took great composure to not to reveal his great embarrassment to see his orcs out of step and shaking, however slightly. He would be sure to reprimand anyone who dare quake in the face of foreigners. Even worse, the humans seemed to adapt quite quickly to the idea of air travel. He could not decide whether it would be better to shame his guard or throw them off the side. Such an extreme would be too much of a waste of good fighters, so he decided against it.

"You mentioned you study plant life?" Krator asked his most gracious host "Have you found anything interesting?" The idea of just studying plants was odd to a Naroku like Krator. Most of their experience with plants comes from farm crops or lumber camps, plants were a resource to exploit not research. As he spoke the last of his men and the ambassadors took their place upon the ship and prepared themselves for an impromptu journey.

@GrieveWriter

Terranbar nodded to the dwarf next to him, who in turn nodded to another, who unhinged a section of the railing, letting a hidden rope ladder fall to the ground. Still grinning to himself, Terranbar strode casually and calmly to the ladder. Before he got to the ladder though, he was intercepted by another dwarf, who whispered something urgently in the king's ear. Terranbar wasn't having any of it, though. "Yes I'm sure! Now outta me way, I got a tour to attend to!" Terranbar said as he pushed the other dwarf to the side.

"Do you want me to accompany you at least? Or send some guards?" the other dwarf quickly added, this time more audibly, for Terranbar was quickly descending from the ship. "Only if you think the'll agree to come" Terranbar replied with a grin. The dwarves on the boat backed up, nervous and unnerved by the undead. "I'll come sire, it would be an honor" he insisted. Terranbar shook his head. "Nay, stay here. Keep the ship warm for me return" The other dwarf nodded. "Aye, yes sire". With that, Terranbar slid down the rungs of the ladder and ladder with a soft thump. He turned to Mordius. "Lead the way!"

Mordius moved to greet the King, waving off Volkov before the Shipmaster did anything that he may or may not have done. "Of course." Mordius nodded, before sweeping off briskly down the dock. He turned mid-step. "Volkov! Hold en vakt på skipet. Vi vil ikke at våre gjester vandrende, nå ville vi? Jeg vil holde deg ansvarlig for dette før Harsha kommer hit for å ta over. Jeg har tenkt å åpne forhandlinger med denne kong Terranbar, og noen hendelser vil... hindre ting, noe. Se til at det ikke skjer noe, og at Harsha vet dette." and with that, he strode off. He knew that Volkov could understand Trade Cant, but he wished to keep these things private, and using Død-Diskusjon, Death-Talk in the Trade Cant, was an apt way of doing this.

The matter put to rest, Mordius continued his stride and led King Terranbar on into the city, off the dock. "As you can no doubt see, we in Jormand care little for decoration or ornamentation. Things such as these matter little compared to sturdiness and how long a building will last. One of the few rumoured traits about us that are true, We are highly practical. Working with the living dead for much of one's life does tend to reduce their appreciation for aesthetics. When I admired your ship, that was not an aesthetic joy. It was the practical. The technology to see machines fly in the sky has now been achieved, and it is a great leap forward." he walked as he spoke, gesturing when appropriate to various objects relevant to what he was saying. Mordius waited a moment in silence for Terranbar to speak. He did not feel the need to keep this visitor in the dark, especially when he had been so cordially greeted, it would be a shame not to return the favour.

The High Scholar

After sending off the messenger Kathrel on its journey through the Dry Frontier, the homeland of the Yarukan Hive, it did not take long for Eldan to lead the Orc party, including whichever humans accompanying them, onboard.

The stronghold's guards went back to their post and the Yaruks who operated the High Scholar's vessel gave the Orcs a wide birth, many of them not knowing the necessary tongues needed to transcend the language barrier. Even Delsar was only partially able to understand the Orcs when they spoke, and he was busy keeping the Archmage busy. Eldan didn't exactly know what Feasili was up to, as he looked to be trying to right himself on the deck while stumbling a bit. He'd try to stand on his own and end up requiring the Beast Master's assistance as he moved, before devolving into ramblings unknown even to the High Scholar before repeating. Eldan made sure to keep an eye on him no matter how he moved about the deck, but slotted it second to the Orcs in terms of concern.

And so they were off, the High Scholar's vessel sailed through the skies over the Woodlands with ease. He took note of the Orcs' apparent troubles with flight, but chalked it up to unfamiliarity. For the most part Eldan leaned over the railings of his Airship as several Yaruks worked on it around the deck, there were several decks to the airship, but seeing as it wouldn't take them long to reach the nearest Dwarven city at this rate Eldan had offered the Orcs only the upper deck for the journey, if necessary they could always rest after meeting the dwarves and docking somewhere.

After the initial take off, Eldan had taken to peering over the railing of his vessel, looking over the vast expanse of woodland with a discerning eye. It was here where Krator had found the High Scholar before asking his question.

Eldan actually adopted a look of surprise, then he quickly remembered a saying several wandering merchants had passed along regarding a significant lack of magic in The Kingdom of Naroku.

"The fauna in this area is..." he searched for the right word "defensive in a manner of speaking."

"Magical Spriggans, living trees and more nature spirits than I could describe in one sitting flitter about these forests daily. As such, we've had to be very conspicuous with where we set up our strongholds, as too many fallen trees may cause the beings of the forest to lash out in retaliation."

He turned back to look over the railing before spotting a perfect example and pointing it out. Down below, a tree beast with leaves and branches protruding from its back lumbered along the side of a river. Massive trunk-like legs stomped upon the ground as its beedy wooden eyes looked over the river and took notice of something inside. The tree beast stopped and turned towards the river before leaning down and angling its leaves and branches towards it. At once, the water of the river took the form of a beautiful river nymph who giggled before splashing a gentle wave from her river and watering the Tree Beast.

Once the River Nymph returned to the water, the Tree Beast slowly bowed before continuing to lumber along passively.

"The ecosystem here is rife with magical entities," Eldan stated "and as beings who originated from the desert we find ourselves requiring as much information on it as possible. I for one am not fond of all the potential hiding places the forests provide, but the local plantlife seems very adamant at shunning away any who desecrate the land. Though we could probably just wipe them out with a small army, things work far quicker if we just build around them."

Once he finished speaking, Eldan quirked an eyebrow as he watched the wide expanse of forests slowly simmer down before giving way to more of a grassland, they were halfway there by now. Several hours at most.

(@Three Clubs )

Mordius moved to greet the Terranbar, waving off a lesser dressed necromancer.

"Of course." Mordius nodded, before sweeping off briskly down the dock. He turned mid-step and spoke n a language Terranbar did not understand to the lesser dressed man.

"Volkov! Hold en vakt på skipet. Vi vil ikke at våre gjester vandrende, nå ville vi? Jeg vil holde deg ansvarlig for dette før Harsha kommer hit for å ta over. Jeg har tenkt å åpne forhandlinger med denne kong Terranbar, og noen hendelser vil... hindre ting, noe. Se til at det ikke skjer noe, og at Harsha vet dette." and with that, he strode off.

With whatever the necromancer wanted done, he continued his stride and Terranbar further into the city, off the dock. "As you can no doubt see, we in Jormand care little for decoration or ornamentation. Things such as these matter little compared to sturdiness and how long a building will last. One of the few rumoured traits about us that are true, We are highly practical. Working with the living dead for much of one's life does tend to reduce their appreciation for aesthetics. When I admired your ship, that was not an aesthetic joy. It was the practical. The technology to see machines fly in the sky has now been achieved, and it is a great leap forward." he walked as he spoke, gesturing when appropriate to various objects relevant to what he was saying. He stopped and turned towards Terranbar, awaiting a response.

"We Dwarves care for both. It is not unheard of, in fatc it is quite common, for a Dwarf to throw away a masterly crafted tool because of one slight imperfection in its aesthetic design". "As for the airship, it is infact a masterpiece of both design and function. It is powered by a complex gear system inside the ship. Of course a little dwarven magic is used to reduce friction"

@Fezzes

Terranbar replied promptly. "We Dwarves care for both. It is not unheard of, in fact it is quite common, for a Dwarf to throw away a masterly crafted tool because of one slight imperfection in its aesthetic design. As for the airship, it is in fact a masterpiece of both design and function. It is powered by a complex gear system inside the ship. Of course a little dwarven magic is used to reduce friction"

Mordius continued his walk, looking a little confused as to why he had stopped. "I see." he replied simply. After a moment of silence, the two reached the outskirts of the manufacturing area. The sounds of industry filled the air, and smoke billowed up from countless chimneys as fires blazed. "Here is the beating heart of my kingdom. An army cannot fight without the proper arms and armour, yes? The same principle applies to navies. Here we have picked up your invention of cannons and applied them to ships."

As if on cue, the two passed a cannon foundry, where the shapes of cannon barrels were seen being fitted into their mounts, while in the back white-hot metal was seen being shaped into new cannons. Hammers clanged, and sparks flew through the air. The skeletons at work cared little for this, as the sparks were barely an inconvenience for them. A few skeletons with a pale light emanating from their skulls were visible, directing work and carrying out the tasks that required the most skill.

Meanwhile, a large troop of skeletons with wicked broadswords and light plate armour thundered in the opposite direction, parting smoothly around their king and his strange guest. At its head was a sheet-white Necromancer with a greatly hooked nose. He loosely held a sword in one hand, and a gnarled wand in the other. As the man passed, he threw a hasty salute, clenching his wand hand into a fist and placing it to his breast. Mordius returned the gesture casually, before returning his attention to Terranbar. "If you wish to know more about anything, simply ask me. Information should be a bountiful resource to a friend." Mordius referred to Terranbar as a friend as a subtle test of how much progress he was making with the Dwarven King. Obviously there was telepathy, but Mordius wasn't quite in the mood to go poking around in people's minds.

@Bobisdead123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back