• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern the mystery club - 1980s mystery - open!

fairyfawn

respectless

• intro

the ghost is here

scooby doo

overview.

W
    elcome to the summer of 1986! In the town of Point Pleasant, West Virgina, most people will be spending their summer swimming at the public pool, going to the arcade and spending all of their quarters, riding their bicycles, or hanging out at the local diner. But not all people. Here we have a group of close friends who are spending their summer traveling around and trying to get to the bottom of mysteries and legends. Do you believe in the Mothman? Surely you must have noticed the chill in the air on a warm summer's day when you step foot into a certain house - an abandoned house to be specific. Surely you must hear that deep, throaty howl coming from the deep woods on the night of a full moon. Sure, it must be a wolf, but it sounds too off and too guttural to be a wolf. There might be a rational explanation for every unexplained thing but what if it's something more sinister?

Do you believe in ghosts? Some of the members sure do but there are some members are mighty skeptical about the supernatural. even after all they've been through some still don't believe. what nerve. so, what's going on in the town of Point Pleasant, West Virgina? Rational explanation? Or something that speaks of the supernatural?

hi, it's me again. with yet another roleplay. yeah. this is a reboot of a roleplay i did a couple months ago. this roleplay is loosely based off of stranger things and scooby doo. this is about a group of friends who enjoy solving mysteries and delving into the supernatural and paranormal. they travel around in an RV, camping in the woods and stumbling upon mysteries, and such.

intro

roles

rules

do you believe

in
the supernatural?

genre

slice of life, drama, mystery, horror

status

accepting

spots open

11/12

requirement

discord required

♡coded by uxie♡

plot
Welcome to the summer of 1986! In the town of Point Pleasant, West Virgina, most people will be spending their summer swimming at the public pool, going to the arcade and spending all of their quarters, riding their bicycles, or hanging out at the local diner. But not all people. Here we have a group of close friends who are spending their summer traveling around and trying to get to the bottom of mysteries and legends. Do you believe in the Mothman? Surely you must have noticed the chill in the air on a warm summer's day when you step foot into a certain house - an abandoned house to be specific. Surely you must hear that deep, throaty howl coming from the deep woods on the night of a full moon. Sure, it must be a wolf, but it sounds too off and too guttural to be a wolf. There might be a rational explanation for every unexplained thing but what if it's something more sinister?

Do you believe in ghosts? Some of the members sure do but there are some members are mighty skeptical about the supernatural. even after all they've been through some still don't believe. what nerve. so, what's going on in the town of Point Pleasant, West Virgina? Rational explanation? Or something that speaks of the supernatural?

hi, it's me again. with yet another roleplay. yeah. this is a reboot of a roleplay i did a couple months ago. this roleplay is loosely based off of stranger things and scooby doo. this is about a group of friends who enjoy solving mysteries and delving into the supernatural and paranormal.

overview
hi, it's me again. with yet another roleplay. yeah. this is a reboot of a roleplay i did a couple months ago. this roleplay is loosely based off of stranger things and scooby doo. this is about a group of friends who enjoy solving mysteries and delving into the supernatural and paranormal. they travel around in an RV, camping in the woods and stumbling upon mysteries, and such.

roles
investigator (taken)

the lead investigator of the group! this person accepts or declines mysteries. more often than not, they're going to be accepting a mystery because they are a lover of mysteries and anything dealing with the supernatural and unexplained. whether it be someone coming to them with a mystery, or they stumble upon one themselves.

assistant (open)
the investigator's assistant. they handle all of the equipment including cameras, recorders, etc. they will monitor for any drops in temperature and any stranger activity and more.

medium (open)
this person has a connection with the spirits and will communicate with the other side. whether they can see spirits, hear them, feel them, or are shown visions is up to the person applying for this role.

skeptics (open/open)
(requires two people!)
these two people are definitely the definition of "there's a rational explanation for everything" and "oh, you've been reading way too many horror novels again". yes, they will help the group out but they really don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural, they think it's always a prank that the others are pulling off. the nerve of these people!

researcher (open)
this person hits the books and old newspapers to see if there's any information regarding what the club is currently investigating. old newspapers, history books, ghost books even! they'll read for hours and then report to the investigator and assistant to tell them about their findings.

bait (open/open)
(requires two people!)
these two have the rather unfortunate task of being the ones to lure out the ghost or monster or whatever the club is dealing with. sometimes it's a dangerous task depending on the case and sometimes these two might complain about it they're happy to do it.

journalist (open)
this person works alongside the interviewer to gather information about the mystery. they write down all of the important information and will then publish their findings, along with the mystery's conclusion, in the newspaper 'The Daily Spooks'

interviewer (open)
this person interviews clients and will write down their statements and will report back to the club with their findings. they work alongside the journalist.

nerd (open)
this person is just really happy to be here, you know? they don't really have a specific role in the club but they'll help the others out! they're just excited to be here and is a huge fan of the paranormal and cryptids.

sketch artist (open)
this person is able to see the spirits and will sketch the spirit's appearance in a sketchbook. this will let the other club members see what kind of spirits they're dealing with. whether it be a human spirit... or an inhuman spirit.

rules

rule one
this roleplay is not first come first serve. this is an application-based roleplay meaning multiple people may apply for the same role and i'll be choosing which OC gets the role. there are a couple of roles that require two people.

rule two
This roleplay is LGBTQ+ friendly! All sexualities and genders are welcome here!

rule three
realistic faceclaims please! i will not be accepting anime, drawn, picrew, etc faceclaims. nor will i be accepting plain descriptions. when i say realistic faceclaims, i mean real people.

rule four
discord is mandatory but there will be a temporary OOC here onsite while applications are being done. once we have our cast, i will be sending out discord invites.

rule five
Semi-advanced to advanced only! Please try to at least post 3 paragraphs or more. One liners will not be accepted, please give everyone enough to work with.

rule six
i will absolutely not tolerate any sort of bigotry or bullying. let's all get along with each other! furthermore, if you see someone feeling left out of chatting, interactions, or plotting then please include them!

rule seven
please don't hesitate to ask me any questions!

links
interest check - you're here!
temp. ooc - here!
applications - here!
ic - tba

Last edited:
Thank you for the interest so far and it’s nice to see people from the last MC roleplay <3

The temporary OOC will be up tomorrow!

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back